Team Monotype Premier League VI - Finals! [Won by: Hearthome Honchkrows]

ima

Take me to your leader
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
They let my washed up ass get a ring LMAOOOOOOOO

13-40 on the sheet, but we finally did it. I can now retire forever.

It was a fun season honchkrows, thanks for inviting me to the ride, all of you are fantastic and I hope we can cross paths again one day.

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Had a blast this tour bros. Wanted to just say thanks to kai for tryharding sm and oras for us and making sure those slots had solid teams each week. Also big shout out to JT Firnen and Yami for working hard in SS with me to make sure our teams were always solid. To everyone else job well done we had a hell of run. Great job to treeckos too you really caught fire at the end of the tour.

Edit: Thanks attribute for finally coming to the dark side :afrostar:

Last edited:
subbing in vivalospride for myself, TheArchitect_ . grats krows!

gonna keep this a bit short, shoutouts Wanka and LuckyPiper for drafting me, you guys are both amazing managers and this literally would not be possible without you. to the treeckos you guys were an awesome group, we kicked ass to get this far after a bad start. an 0-2 start into finals is fucking insane and you all worked hard to make it here. on that line thanks Floss MetaRiolu7 adjustments Leru Decem for the constant testing, and looking over my big ass writing things to make sure things went smoothly. also thanks to everyone else who hopped in along the way of course. hope to team with you guys again

well im gonna let the big guys do the long ass posts but this season was very special to me despite not coming out on top. this was my first team tournament in mono after being a mono main for years and this was definitely the most fun ive had on PS ever.

first off, gotta thank Wanka LuckyPiper for buying me, i finally decided to get off those damned side servers and reach for the stars, im glad you guys gave me a chance to play and i think i was able to show everyone i aint shit

Bouff Floss MetaRiolu7 Decem Maki's Fox Calem DPU my (mostly) zoomer squad who were always there for me when i needed test games and there for them when they wanted to test against me. y'all are literally the best i can't put into words how awesome being around you guys has been.

taide Crashy ive known yall for a while glad we got the chance to team up and talk a lot! ORAS and BW goats respectively.

and of course everyone else on the team or in the cord, was a pleasure to be with y'all martha vivalospride K3ppr ArkenCiel Arvada Jahkem

oh wait... there's 1 more person....
and finally, Splash, i truly thank you for tutoring me right before the MPL draft and putting a good word to the managers about me. you are a HUGE factor into the reason i played in this tour. love you man

well, congrats to the krows, y'all really kicked our asses LOL
to many more team tours and MPLs, see everybody in either MWP or next year!

Last edited:
Well First off, Grats krows! second off, sorry for throwing that one team, it was definitely winnable but what can I say I'm prone to choking. I've got a good amount of shotuouts to do, not even just for the tour just in general. buckle up for this post boys.

Wanka Big shoutout here bro, when u said u were down to manage I got real hype because I knew shit would be fun, we drafted a bomb ass team and everyone went hard and stepped up. I know you said you don't intend to manage again which is fine I'll have to keep the Treeckos running... but lmk if that changes or w/e We'll see how next year feels u kno. also TYSM for drafting me last year, I wouldnt be here without that (I think).

Crashy Man there's a lot to say here. I wasn't even gonna play because I didn't think I'd be worth 15k but you told me to stop being a pussy and just play and well, I did. You've been one of my greatest friends since I got on the site and you've helped me a fuckton to get here bro. You Taide and the other OJ goons are most of the reason I didn't quit this site and main league or some dogshit forever, I never woulda thought 2 years ago when we met that this is where we would be right now bro .Fuck what ANYONE else says about you you're a good ass player and probably my favorite person to team up with. Let's see how we run shit next year man. I wish we coulda made it all the way but man we went further than everyone else thought we would. God bless you bro I'm nothing but glad we got to team up for this shit. Next year we'll take it all.

taide I wasn't gonna draft your ass since you became a TemTem main, but crashy told me you said you would give it your all and that u wanted another shot in MPL, and god damn that wasn't a lie. Had we not drafted you we would have gone thru hell trying to fill our slots, but you were down to play anything we needed and give it your best effort, playing tons of test games and trying to think of the best way to win every expected mu. It didn't go as well as you would have liked but you were a fucking champ this season bro. I'm real glad we met on that shitty ass side server, and now we pretty much always join the calls and shit and dick around playing different games and discussing anime. You and Crashy are probably my 2 closest friends on this site and god bless that man. I hope you're still gonna keep playing because We'll get that ring next year.

MetaRiolu7 you got a lot of bad mu's but don't worry about that shit, you're one of the best players I know of on this site regardless of what mu's u get. I'm glad we got to team last year and even more glad we got to team this year. You're a helpful ass dude and I really hope you get that ring you deserve instead of stopping at finals twice. Thanks for letting us retain you bro.

Floss I knew 100% I wanted to buy you the second I got picked for manager, I didn't really enjoy SS and for some reason you seemed to like it. I've always thought you're an extremely capable builder and an alright player on top of that. I don't regret paying that 25k for even a second. I know you'll make it big on this site you godamn workhorse, I won't pay 25k for your ass next MPL since I'm sure the meta will be a lot more developed but if you manage to throw some tours and lower your price we can talk about another contract with the treeckos :3 Thanks for being our extra manager bro.

adjustments I can't believe me and wanka both discovered you at the same time, I found out that you were super fun and liked anime and wanka got 6-0d by your ass LMFAO. Those 2 qualifications +Splash's daily pms of "yo are you gonna draft adjustments" were enough for us to want you, and I'm real glad we got you. I know you said you might be busy with school and shit but I really hope you stay around and maybe play again next year, I'll buy you again if so :3. Thanks for everything lad.

Bouff I didn't really know you before the tour, but the first thing you said to me was "sorry I bought Dugza over you in LTPL", I didn't know I was being considered and I also didn't know that you were the one who drafted Dugza, but that was definitely a bad first impression. However after that you made only good impressions and I'm glad as fuck we drafted you bro. You put a fuckton of effort into prep and you played well, good shit man

Prosaic Man I know you had a tough start, and I know you were talking about this being your last tour, but I really hope this might have been fun enough for you to try again. I loved teaming with you and once you got your stride going and you got some really needed wins for us bro. Thanks so much for putting in all the work you did. I'd love to team again and ofc talk about anime some more.

martha Martha truthfully I think you got done a bit dirty, you played 1 game, got haxxed, and then benched. I just couldn't find a time to change our lineup since shit was going well and always so close. I'm really grateful you didn't act like some other users in other team cords and cry about how you weren't getting games etc. I appreciate all you did and I'm really sorry we couldn't put you in more.

K3ppr Ngl I'm sorry bro. I didn't even notice your name in the draft pool when it was going, if you had done some tryouts instead of grinding W101 you might have been fresh in my head but ;w;. Regardless I'm glad we got to pick you up later. Sorry you didn't get any games man but you did a lot of testing and you were a big part of our morale. God bless you thanks for being on the team.

vivalospride god damn you're a fucking UNIT. You actually made me crack the fuck up a few times with some comments and you were a really fun chat presence. We may not have unleashed you but you definitely should have been OML. Overall I'm glad we got you even if it was just so wanka could lock you up in our basement. Thanks for being a lad and also thanks for cleaning our keyboards ig?

Jahkem Thanks for all your help this season bro. You're one of my closest friends on PS and I'm glad it's that way. You're a real ass dude and I'm glad we had you in the cord. I know you'll always be in my corner backing me up for shit and I'm nothing but grateful for that. bless up bro and thank you for everything, also happy birthday again.

ArkenCiel I really wish you had some drive to play still because I think a team with me you and Crashy would be what you need to finally pop off in MPL. Thanks for fuckin around with us in the Treeckos cord man, I'm real glad we're friends and shit bro.

nomadderwhat You're one of the players I have nothing but respect for, you really just love the game and you always seem to be having fun during it, I love laddering with you and just messing around in calls. Thanks for helping us out and getting crashy on track after we let him use ghost. Thanks a lot bro for real.

RAP Yogurt you may have like 5 fucking lines in the discord but I will still include you in my shoutout you snake bitch. I hope you get some of your motivation for mons back because I'd love to team with you for a big tour once man. I can't explain all the shit I should be shouting out to you for but thank you for getting me back onto this godamn game even after I quit after like a day multiple times. I definitely 100% would not be here without you getting me here sis

Decem Maki's Fox Cell Leru Trichotomy You guys all get a shared shoutout because you were only here for a week or 2 but, Decem and maki's unironically probably have more lines than some of our players, Leru I'm real grateful you were willing to help out when we needed it bro. Cell and Trich you guys too, put in a good effort and were willing to help test+build. tysm for this past week or 2 guys.

Cognitohazard I hope you come back soon bitchboy, you were fun as fuck in BLT and I'm hoping you're ready to be a Treecko next MPL.

lax LIke I said to wanka earlier, tysm for drafting me last year bro, I definitely wasn't the best player in that undrafted pool but I'm really glad you guys chose me due to my advanced knowledge of AMQ. Let's win TemTem PL now.

Chaitanya Sorry about how our series went.. I'm really grateful to everything you've done for me since I joined this site. You flamed my ass and told me I was bad when I first started despite me thinking I was good after beating all the people on Azure, and honestly that helped a lot.You're always willing to play games and specifically this tour after w1 you opened my eyes a lot, I was always trying to make plays that weren't bad so I wouldn't look like a dumbass, but who gives a fuck LMFAO. I was playing to impress and not to win. I appreciate all of it bro.

Attribute first off fuck you for helping krows dad.... second off, thanks so much for this past year and a half since I joined bro. You really have been one of the people who helped me out the most and you're fun as fuck to talk to man. I hope we get to team up again at some point deadass I think that shit would be so fun bro.Like I said Thanks a lot for everything you've done.

Eien honestly I'm still real sad you quit. I consider us to have like a Teacher and Pupil relationship, I respect your opinion a ton unless it's about anime girls because I'm always right about those. But jokes aside you've done a fuckin lot for me since i joined this site (although you didn't rank swinub wtf?). Thanks so much for everything bro unironically, I'm more grateful than you could probably know :3 Although you are a toxic fuck ngl.

Calem DPU Hyperspace12 Pajamazz Bisgit Thanks so much for cheering us on bros, especially Calem you've been in our corner since the beginning of the tour. Tysm all of you.|

And to everyone else I've been friends with. Thanks so much for making this shit so fun man, I've been having a blast since I joined this site and I'm real glad i joined this community. I'm truthfully sad we couldn't take it all but I'm happy we made it this far. This was the best team I could have asked for and I love all of them for it.

Last but not least I have one important person to thank. This person is the reason we were able to make it this far in the tour.
GOD BLESS ALLAHGATOR

aLLAH.jpg

Edit: Any Treecko that doesn't do shoutouts is off next years draft plan btw

Last edited:
Gonna try to keep this short and to the point, but fuck man this tour has been the most exciting of my time playing.

Firstly, I would like to thank Wanka for being my boomer bro and letting me do my thing, I was excited to team up with you again and hope maybe we can run it again in another tour.

Bouff Floss MetaRiolu7 adjustments - ALL SS goats, thank you guys for super fucking chill to talk to and being so fucking good at this game, thank you again for just being the greatest friends I could have. Keep your eyes on adjustments, that boy is special :eyes:

Prosaic - I know the tour started rough for you, but WE as a team never lost that trust in you and I hope your satisfied with everything, it was nice to team with you after all these years.

taide - Enough can't be said about how you stepped up for us and filled a hole for us, I know you had some unlucky moments, but that didnt stop you for giving 100%. Thank you for not only being my teammate, but one of my closest friends.

K3ppr vivalospride martha - Not picking k3ppr should have been illegal, he has so much potential and kicks my ass, but luckily since we got fucking destroyed so we can see some k3, vivalos, martha! Thank you guys for being so so so SO supportive.

LuckyPiper - Man, there's just so much I could say here, but thank you for giving me a chance to do my thing. I don't think any other team would have let me start, but you and Wanka did, so im forever grateful for that. I've watched you come so far as player and you deserve so much more respect as a player. Thank you for being family to me and I hope I lived up to the promises I made you.

Lastly, nomadderwhat Jahkem ArkenCiel thank you for giving me a reason to still play this game after 7-8 years, even when I was down 0-2 you guys kept me in check and I am so thankful for that. All the calls, all the building, and all the fun I will never forget. You know how to bring the best out of me and I look forward to more fun with you guys.

I think that is everyone? Either way, congrats to the Krows! I was blessed to be able to play under Booty and Lycan a couple times and you guys are legends in the game and I hope you stick around.

I was for sure this was my last tour at the beginning, but I just had so much fun to just stop now. I hope maybe this tour showed a little of what I can do, still not perfect, but its still fun to me. S/o to this MPL being bonkers and I hope future tours keep being this exciting.

Piper is holding me at gunpoint to do this, but I love you guys anyway so here are some shoutouts.

Wanka Thank you for giving me a chance and picking me up, I am really glad I got to be a part of this MPL and I had a lot of fun, also thank you for looking over my teams/passing me new ones, even though I wanted to use ground in the finals. Unfortunate how the match up turned out, but I don't blame you.

Crashy HUGE thanks to you, since you were the one who gave me the motivation to start getting back into mons after I said I was going to retire/not sign up, if not for you I would not have signed up for this tournament. Also thanks to being one of my closest friends on this site and always keeping it real.

LuckyPiper You and I have been through a lot, from being drafted for my first MPL 2 years ago with encore Gallade, to me being blacklisted from the monotype room, to now me being a starter on a finalist team. Outside of mons as well, we have duo'd in league countless times, dicked around on showdown/discord chats, playing other random games and shit, talking about anime and waifus, I'm really glad to have you around.

Floss Prosaic Cell Bouff Big Thanks to all of you for testing teams with me, I probably annoyed you guys sometimes asking for constant rematches whenever I lost.

K3ppr MetaRiolu7 Thanks for giving me advice on my teams, pointing things out that I didn't see, except for the Jolly Volcarona which only Leru noticed

adjustments I knew you from back when I first came back to side servers in the Jade league, never once thought I'd be teaming with you for mpl, thanks for always hyping me up before my games.

Rukt KingKDN you may not have helped me in MPL at all, but I gotta shout out the gang

Ok piper took the gun off my head now. Anyway, thank you to everyone for having a great MPL season, this was really fun and I look forward to next MPL.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Host mini s/o's :psyduck:

First off, grats to the Honchkrows on winning! It's great to see you guys winning another MPL and being the only team to have its name on the Championship title twice.

Ik it's not common for hosts to give s/o's but I wanted to say ty to all the managers and players this year. Many people consider this the most competitive MPL yet and teams like the Darkrais did not give up even when times were rough or were out of the tour already. While I did not compete or manage this year, due to a lack of motivation towards battling, I am ecstatic to have been able to host alongside Omega-Xis. This was my first large tournament I hosted and is (hopefully) not the last!

Ty to Omega-Xis Moosical Decem Chaitanya and Zap for being active and helping me with just about every decision. It got heated at some points and some discussions were mind numbing to say the least but it's great to see everyone care about improving on MPL.

Ty to Milak for helping me with the replays thread every other week. Great work and staying on top of them. Don't stress too much about your few mistakes! (Also ty to Cell for alerting me of said errors.)

I appreciate all the work you guys put in to help make the tour run smoothly. :toast:

Just wanna say well done to the team for performing so well and putting effort in, it all paid off in the end. Firnen jolly togekiss and yami put a shift in for our ss teams each week, even if their minds are closed to the power of galarian slowbro... Big shoutout to kaiser for helping us out again, we couldn't have done this without you. Also to the tour players for staying motivated all season. Lastly shoutout attribute for helping out in finals Chras We did it bro... the dark side stays winning

Last edited:
ay lads, while it sucks that the goatckos didn't win, congrats to the krows either way
i'll be real, this is the first time i've really followed one of the "big" tournaments and boy oh boy did it not disappoint (s/o adjustments for getting me into this shit)

jolly good show all round from all teams, and congrats to all of you

who knows maybe if i'll sign up to the next one if i'm not ass by the time it comes around

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Kinda tough managing to back to back finals losses, but I gotta do these since I've stated numerous times this has been my favorite mpl.

LuckyPiper No need to thank me boss, I know I've told you this already but this is your team. Yeah I like to have things run a certain way in terms of being more hands off than other managers and letting everyone do their thing, but that atmosphere can only work with the right people, which you drafted. you know the drill though, do your best to stay humble even though I know you like to let people know about it. As a player I think you look at things with the right mindset in terms of not cutting corners and focusing on your mistakes, which is a good thing so if you do decide to keep playing I think you can make a name not only in mono but in other tiers as well. (fuck bo3 tho ofc)

Floss MetaRiolu7 Bouff adjustments
SS lads. Would've fucking paid 30k for floss tbh everyone can hold my cock on that idt I could've asked for a better crew here. Again though, I really do like to let my guys rock out and the amount of time you guys spent bouncing ideas, optimizing sets, and just building in general was second to none and I don't even need to look at any other teams cord to say that. Bouff specifically, thank you for putting as much time as you did given ur like a mini finch playing in so many tours kek. Meta is the fuckin iceman and thank christ we got a broken retain with you that was huge. you always wax me in tests but someday ill fuck you up. Keep your head down as well brother, I know we meme you all the time for being young but you're in a unique spot compared to a lot of players. You are young, but at the same time you have quite a bit of experience now and you're naturally just a humble dude, which is a fantastic combo to have as a player. And to the lad adjustypiper, same shit basically, keep your head down and just keep getting better. You proved that you can hang, but make sure you're not cutting corners either. Watch your losses, go over your mistakes and just do your best to try and nail down some consistency. I know SS is tough like you guys saw me flipping shit when you'd help me prep, but ye keep grinding dudes.

Crashy taide Prosaic
To crashy and taide more specifically, you guys are no strangers to being slept on, but that's more or less the reason I was stoked when piper brought you guys up because I knew we would get some huge wins from you guys. Taide brother, you definitely got jewed out of a positive record so keep your head up boss. I don't really need to go into detail because we've told you already, but thank you again for stepping up for us after jase cancered. And to crashy, thanks for appreciating my ways lmao, I figured you would be more inclined to just do your thing anyways since piper had told me you took a liking to bw so that was the easiest pick of our lives tbh. Cba with these turds spending 20k on a bw monotype slot when I can get a vet who I know can handle that meta. I think the majority of people thought you might win a couple games, but you ended up being a crit away from 6 so fuck em. YELLOWACE, thanks for sticking with us brewham. Ngl I was a little worried you might shut down after the tough start, but holy you rlly pulled your shit together even though you had some interesting games lmao. Always a great chat presence and someone who I can tell has become a very wise and clever user even though you've always been smart as hell. Thanks for the clutch wins towards the end of the season oho.

martha K3ppr
grats on smod martha. If you ever find a spot, please do tell TI that he's a dogshit human being (jk, but not really though). I know its tough getting subbed out after week 1 but thanks for stepping up for us anyways, we got put in a tough spot off the bat with jase cancering and what not. You did get a bit unlucky there in the game itself so no sweat. Great chat presence as well, ty for that. Lmao K3pper ur actually funny as hell and I dont wanna rehash too much cus piper laid it out, but thanks for being with us on the ride brother.

vivalospride
obv wish we could've had a cleaner season and get you an SM game week 7, but I did draft you for a reason lowkey. I think the way I like to run my teams kind of mirrors the way you ran your uupl team in terms of the atmosphere in our cord so I felt like you could add to that and at the same time you've become one of my closest friends on here and someone I know I can talk to 1on1 as well when I'm struggling. Thanks for being cool to our guys even though you probs had no idea I'd get you lmao.

thank you to all other in our cord as well for the support. arken,trich,cell,vada,leru,makis,decem, and pipers broski. s/o to Mason as well, goat.

My life is pretty unpredictable atm. I definitely cba to play any tier atm especially after playing 20 games in this tour combined with bo3. I said I wouldn't manage again after last year, but like who fucking knows. Please make sure this franchise stays with Piper though.

goat mpl tbh la.

Congrats Krows! That final 5-0 was a complete shutout albeit anticlimactic. I had full belief it was going to be 0-4 into 4-4 and going down into another tiebreaker, but it seemed like a great season overall.

I wasn't here for most of the tournament, but what I managed to catch from week 7 and onwards were some pretty amazing turnouts. People pulling out wins despite their less than stellar record in a terrible match up, people pulling out some crazy upsets, and come on, the Treeckos coming out of nowhere and doing a playoff tiebreaker into a semifinal tiebreaker? That was a blessed run. Shoutout to the tricksters for hosting me and igniting interest into the meta

Chras , I blame u, it's ur fault with no posting memes!
MPL final 1.png

I'm not an expert of s/o but thanks to Sab and my bro Lycan to picked me and for the team in globality.
I'm happy to have won mpl the last time before I stop big smogon tours to focus on my vet job soon.
And thanks to Ticken and Omega to hosted it.
And thanks to everyone played this mpl to have showed nice games to the monotype community. Let's keep improving the global skill of this community!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)