Team Monotype Premier League 5 - Week 7

Not gonna do a big post but shoutouts to my team for being amazing this year. Had a lot of fun building and testing with what I still believe to have been one of the better teams this year. Sorry you guys got the short end of the straw and picked me up just to get my worst performance. Hard to make playoffs when you spend 38.5k on 1-6.

Good luck to everyone that made it except the Charizards lol

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
it was a good run. it's crazy how one week we were stuck 0-4 against the tapus, one game from being out and a few weeks later we almost made playoffs, and im glad we made it that far. here's to my team, and the other people that made this season great. you guys make me proud.

Havens even if you didn't have a great season I'm glad we got to manage and cooperate together. You were very helpful in our team discord and as a co manager, and I look forward to hosting MLT with you since I know it will be fun :-3. but yeah thanks for asking to manage with me, I don't think I would have had a great time if you hadn't.

Eien You had a rough season but I can't say I regret buying you at all. Very helpful in the team discord, and you're always there when anyone needed a secondary opinion on something, which I can relate both as a teammate and a fellow room owner, and that's something thats also super important.

Bouff You're a solid player and a good guy, put in crazy work and won games once we started putting you in. Good shit.

Feliburn thanks for being a good player that got us good wins. Couldn't have made it this far without you.

Corporal Levi Eternally Pretty much the best ORAS core anyone could ask for lol, we couldn't have got as far as we have right now if it wasn't for both of you winning a lot of games and working hard each week.

Amaroq TSR I'm sorry I didn't put you guys in more, but you guys were good presences in our team discord and helped with whatever you can, so I'm thankful for that.

trace Thanks for playing BW for us this season!

Raichy probably the biggest steal this MPL, you did great for someone who wasn't typically familiar with monotype. I'm sorry for that thing that happened week 4, but I hope you will play more Monotype in the future since you're a good player and a nice guy.

Leru for being a big help to the entire team in general. I'm glad you stuck around during the entire season and helped me with my shaky playing too, although I still have to practice to smooth out rough edges

DugZa Moosical for helping around in the discord.

Shoutouts to everyone that helped test too!

Good luck to all the teams that made playoffs!

Last edited:

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
I'd like to thank all of the Lotads for taking part in this year's MPL even if things didn't end up going our way. I won't be posting individual s/os for everyone as we didn't win but I had a fun time, for the most part. Huge thanks to Chaitanya for coming in after Week 1 to help boost our motivation and help supply updated SM teams.

I still do not believe the Lotad's draft was bad. The part that did not work, however, was that everyone we drafted is at least one of: Not naturally chatty, experienced in Mono, do not have a lot of free time to devote to the team. This was my first PL I've managed which I did not make playoffs and the team chat would go messageless for around three days a week, at times. An important takeaway from this is a team can rarely perform well if they don't help each other. Drafting people based on name recognition is fine but they still need to synergize and be committed, which is where I believe we failed.

I wish everyone the best of luck in playoffs! :blobwizard: I'd personally be happy to see any of the four win the whole tour. I'll prob be rooting for the Tapus though since Laxus and Sae are overdue for a Mono team tour win.

Couldn't post before so I asked Ticktick to post the replays for me, thanks for that by the way!
And well, I'm very sorry I couldn't do more for the team in the way I expected the moment I signed up. I had a lot of ideas and fun stuff I couldn't even try but sometimes things don't go our way, at all. I can maybe say "yeah, lets keep them for a next time" but I doubt it. Thank you Ticken & Ridley, not only for drafting me, but for being such cool friends, not gonna lie but the thing I expected the least was getting your support given the situation I was going through. At least I can say I enjoyed playing BW. Probably, I'll miss it at some point.
ggs Jyph, I had fun with our games. Your teams were heat.
Good luck to the rest of teams and most importantly, have fun! This is what it is all about, isn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)