Team Monotype Premier League 5 - Semifinals

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

art by Ticken
Semifinals
Rules
Replays
Records Spreadsheet
Type Usage

vs

Goldenrod Gengars (4) vs Cinnabar Charizards (4)
USUM: Waszap vs martha
USUM: EviGaro vs Vodoom
USUM: Chaitanya vs Alpha Rabbit
USUM: dahli vs Harpp
ORAS: Finchinator vs maroon
ORAS: Megazard vs Izaya
BW: KuraiTenshi26 vs North
BO3: Feitan the steam vs Trichotomy

vs

Hearthome Honchkrows (3) vs Two Island Tapus (5)
USUM: 1 True Lycan vs MetaRiolu7
USUM: Clearly vs Pak
USUM: TheArchitect_ vs FLCL
USUM: Bitana vs trash
ORAS: Jase The World vs Catalystic
ORAS: Crashy vs Cell
BW: Sabella vs dcae
BO3: Oberyn vs Sae

Deadline to complete matches is Sunday August 18th at 11:59 pm EST

Last edited:

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
21/30 last week

Goldenrod Gengars (6) vs Cinnabar Charizards (2)
USUM: Waszap vs martha - martha would need a really good mu to get a win here
USUM: EviGaro vs Vodoom - they played in monotype wcop semis as well, and evi won so expecting history to repeat
USUM: Chaitanya vs Alpha Rabbit - wouldn't predict against chait no matter who the opp is, plus rabbit's game was kinda wack last week
USUM: dahli vs Harpp - it's a hot girl summer, no way peachy loses, and being negative is probably messing with Harpp's psyche
ORAS: Finchinator vs maroon - maroon sucks and can't put his money where his mouth is as seen below

ORAS: Megazard vs Izaya - picking against him so that he wins failed last time. Giving him the edge because he's had more success
BW: KuraiTenshi26 vs North - North has had a dominant season, reminding everyone that he is a top bw player. Kurai has never lost to the same person twice tho, so can't count him out
BO3: Feitan the steam vs Trichotomy - A match between the two underrated players that I hype the most, and they both boast strong 5-1 records. Should be really fun as they are very familiar with each other and will be very motivated to get a win over the other. Picking Feitan because I think he's a better player and has better wins in the tour

Lots of fun matchups, as there should be in a semis.

Most interesting game: Feitan vs Trich
Really looking forward to see what these two friends bring against each other.

-------------

Hearthome Honchkrows (5) vs Two Island Tapus (3)
USUM: 1 True Lycan vs MetaRiolu7 - Surprised to see Lycan here but he's one of the best monotype players, hard to bet against him. Also I saw Namranan telling Meta what he did wrong in a game today, not good looks
USUM: Clearly vs Pak - really nice pairing. Clearly gets the edge for being undefeated and I think his motivation will be high because it's his first playoffs in so many years. Pak is obviously not to be underestimated tho, this will be a close one
USUM: Star vs FLCL - both of them are undoubtedly two of the best pokemon players on the site, but they've had a rough tour thus far. Giving FLCL the edge because his record is slightly better
USUM: Bitana vs trash - Bit has had a really good tour
ORAS: Jase The World vs Catalystic - Jase has done well and is obviously very hungry to prove people wrong. Bit disappointed we don't get to see him vs Sae since both are 5-1. Cata has been delivering this tour too, so I wouldn't count him out
ORAS: Crashy vs Cell - Cell seems to be getting back into things after a big slump in the middle of the season. He'll probably have additional support in prepping and testing from friends that were eliminated
BW: Sabella vs dcae - I don't think he's lost a BW game all tour? Whether it be just BW or in the Bo3 slot
BO3: Oberyn vs Sae - Oberyn is more familiar with the older gens I think, which is unfortunate for him because Sae definitely has the advantage in those

A bit surprised by some of the honchkrows choices, mainly the Oberyn in bo3 instead of Lycan. I guess being knocked out by Magma in mono gens has scarred Lycan from ever playing bo3 again. Should be a fun series between the two teams.

Most interesting game: Clearly vs Pak
One of the best possible USM matchups in the whole tour, let's not get a lopsided mu please

Good luck to all the teams, let's have some good games!

Goldenrod Gengars () vs Cinnabar Charizards ()
USUM: Waszap vs martha - waszaps kind of a snake but i dont know anything abt martha except their name sounds like marth who i use in smash sometimes
USUM: EviGaro vs Vodoom - alas
USUM: Chaitanya vs Alpha Rabbit - ah not positive anymore rabbit what happened?
USUM: dahli vs Harpp - generic gay vs generic indian, VERY intriguing
ORAS: Finchinator vs maroon - mono experience won't help you when youre the inferior player
ORAS: Megazard vs Izaya - i dont care abt this game really but izayas my boy
BW: KuraiTenshi26 vs North - best bw in tour ez
BO3: Feitan the steam vs Trichotomy - it is a shame it has to be this way trich, it really is, i feel a heavy burden on my heart having to pick this but depsite the 5-1 records this matchup is simply unfair, trich, you are a friend, i respect you, but please take your loss valiantly and honorably. it will not be pretty, and i wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors if you survive this.

Hearthome Honchkrows () vs Two Island Tapus ()
USUM: 1 True Lycan vs MetaRiolu7 - 1 true lolycon vs smol boi metariolu7 ;w;w;w;w; i gave to take mr 7 because i do not bully kids
USUM: Clearly vs Pak - this is gonna be a really really really really good game, in fact this is the only desirable mu between these two teams.
USUM: Star vs FLCL - cute avatar continue to carry you
USUM: Bitana vs trash - overusedtrashjoke.png
ORAS: Jase The World vs Catalystic - jase highkey impressed everyone
ORAS: Crashy vs Cell - i honestly am shocked this is happening in monotype premier league in 2019 but here we are..
BW: Sabella vs dcae - okay i lied this mu could be cool too but i know sabella more
BO3: Oberyn vs Sae - im just picking off records

Finally, I'd like to congratulate ALL participating teams of this years mpl regardless or not if they made playoffs except the cherubis, get fucked idiots the only positive aspect of your season is you were 7th and not 8th despite being 8th on paper, so grats on beating the odds and still being bad. perhaps next year mono room auth will not equal being handed manager.

I'm not gonna lie, it's a tough way to go out. I was really hoping to get a first crack at MPL finals, but great game to Two Island Tapus. I wanna say thank you to Sabella, 1 True Lycan and Isz for selecting me for this MPL tour. It was much appreciated after a solid year trying to break into the mono competitive scene. And even for trusting me after a few rough games (hax or MU LOL - R̶o̶g̶u̶e̶ Astro (RIP) Nation will get it), and calm down ladies, issa joke. Shoutout to Isz for the prep help, dude is still fire. I had great teammates and it is unfortunate because I would've loved finals with this particular group, play or no play.

Good luck to the finalists.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)