Team Monotype Premier League 5 - Finals (Won by Goldenrod Gengars)

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Last edited by a moderator:

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Predictions

Goldenrod Gengars (6) vs Two Island Tapus (2)

USUM: dahli vs Pak - battle between the two best USM records, giving Pak the edge solely based on experience
USUM: Toadow vs trash - haven't been too convinced by trash this year, Toadow has had some good games thus far tho
USUM: Chaitanya vs MetaRiolu7 - can't predict against chaitanya, and the tour has been quite rough on meta
USUM: Waszap vs FLCL - same as above, but replace chait by zap and meta by flcl
ORAS: Finchinator vs Cell - Cell has been getting back into stuff, but Finch is a better player and idt Cell's mono knowledge gives a significant enough edge
ORAS: Megazard vs Catalystic - he won the last time
BW: KuraiTenshi26 vs dcae - this one's more of a gut feeling tbh
BO3: Feitan the steam vs Sae - Feitan has a huge edge in SM, and is coming off a strong BW win in tiebreaker. Also, I just wouldn't predict against him in most situations

HL match: dahli vs Pak

Fun Fact: Both Waszap and Pak have been in every single major monotype team tournament final of gen 7 besides the MWP 1 final. Waszap was also in the finals of both BLTs of gen 7. In his case, he has lost every single of those finals besides the first one: MPL3. As for Pak, he won every final he was in. (actually Pak wasn't in Mono World Cup final either)

Good luck to both teams !

Last edited:
Predictions

Goldenrod Gengars (6) vs Two Island Tapus (2)

USUM: dahli vs Pak - battle between the two best USM records, giving Pak the edge solely based on experience
USUM: Toadow vs trash - haven't been too convinced by trash this year, Toadow has had some good games thus far tho
USUM: Chaitanya vs MetaRiolu7 - can't predict against chaitanya, and the tour has been quite rough on meta
USUM: Waszap vs FLCL - same as above, but replace chait by zap and meta by flcl
ORAS: Finchinator vs Cell - Cell has been getting back into stuff, but Finch is a better player and idt Cell's mono knowledge gives a significant enough edge
ORAS: Megazard vs Catalystic - he won the last time
BW: KuraiTenshi26 vs dcae - this one's more of a gut feeling tbh
BO3: Feitan the steam vs Sae - Feitan has a huge edge in SM, and is coming off a strong BW win in tiebreaker. Also, I just wouldn't predict against him in most situations

HL match: dahli vs Pak

Fun Fact: Both Waszap and Pak have been in every single major monotype team tournament final of gen 7 besides the MWP 1 final. Waszap was also in the finals of both BLTs of gen 7. In his case, he has lost every single of those finals besides the first one: MPL3. As for Pak, he won every final he was in. (actually Pak wasn't in Mono World Cup final either)

Good luck to both teams !
Kek

USUM: dahli vs Pak - Peachy has disappointed me by giving luckypiper a win, how could you let him do this
USUM: Toadow vs trash - toadow is literally the only person in the finals who i don't know so he probably sucks
USUM: Chaitanya vs MetaRiolu7 - chaitanyah~ is coming off a tough look in the tie break (get fucked lmao) but i think he can pull at least one win
USUM: Waszap vs FLCL - waszap is a dirty rat and a snake and weird and flcl's avi is a cute
ORAS: Finchinator vs Cell - despite cells positive record.. stay 2015
ORAS: Megazard vs Catalystic - So, looking at it you can see that Catalystic has a 5-2 record, which is unacceptable. this isnt ompl. this isnt AGPL. this isnt mixnmegastabmons cup open. its m o n o. no way he wins a SECOND time
BW: KuraiTenshi26 vs dcae - i cannot support darkangel26 anymore.
BO3: Feitan the steam vs Sae - all the other predicts were half what i thought but half made to where this game would be used to tie the series 4-4 and put it into tie break, just so feitan can grab another win there, exerting his absolute dominance over all the foolish mortals who dare not look up to him as the greatest pokemon player ever. He is a man without equal. The rains from above are gods tears of fear of ever upsetting or angering feitan. Sae. i am sorry.. but your time has come.. you put up a good record, but you might actually just implode into nothingness after the results of this series. it will be an easy one.

hl match: me v kev over who gets more likes

fun fact: kev fucking sucks

twinkay

these bugs love all the sugar in my blood
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I love Kev but he is actually super bad at predictions and so much so that he didn't even post his own record from last week (8/16, and 1/3 in tiebreaker) so hopefully I can remedy that. also ferno's predictions are awful

Gengars (4) vs Tapus (4)
USUM: dahli vs Pak - why would you ever predict this man to lose oml
USUM: Toadow vs trash - trash has actually been super fire this tournament and i have absolutely no idea who toadow is, so
USUM: Chaitanya vs MetaRiolu7 - unfortunately metariolu got smashed by an exploud last week and while chait also lost and had to have his team carry him in tiebreaker, he is prob better
USUM: Waszap vs FLCL - zap is good, even though flcl played kinda fire last week he also played kinda questionable and lost to someone with an _ in their name and who supposedly says thanos quotes
ORAS: Finchinator vs Cell - am cell is amazing at oras, did you see him win water vs poison last week? phenomenal, superb, absolutely outstanding. although finch is def good cell is just too fire
ORAS: Megazard vs Catalystic - catagoatstic won vs jase goaten last week, saving them from a tiebreaker which was prob much more favored towards krows. he should almost surely win
BW: KuraiTenshi26 vs dcae - unlike kev i don't make "gut predictions" and rely solely on the facts. i once saw kuraitenshi lose poison vs fighting (takeaway: poison is cursed???) while dcae has won vs players such as sabella and once forced eien to try to rack up infraction points against as a means to win, def see him taking this. although tbf it it is the madhouse known as bw monotype where types only need to prep for four other types, and whoever has the superior mu tech ends up taking it
BO3: Feitan the steam vs Sae - i have no idea who feitan is but he doesn't seem to lose (unless vs other bo3 goats such as trich) vs new bo3er sae. i think sae def has an advantage in oras where he has the very entertaining ability to always get a good mu even when using untypes such as electric; however, feitan's abilities in sm and bw will probably win out. HOWEVER, see earlier rant about bw

Tiebreak

winner of dahli vs pak is put in sm, while loser is put in other sm slot or subbed out. while gars questionable tiebreak choices almost led them to doom last series the best pick for them is probably to sm again, because aside from pak tapus have very limited sm choices. the best choice for tapus is to oras bc we assume it goes 2-0 this week and cell is put there. they might put feitan in oras honestly bc he is very good at thwarting tiebreak picks.

Gengars (1) vs Tapus (2)
USUM: dahli vs Pak - why would you ever predict this man to lose oml
USUM: Chaitanya vs FLCL - i would favor chait vs just about any tapus sm based on skill alone, flcl or trash is prob second best sm player skillwise, so i obviously should pick chait here, right? well, chait did lose in tiebreak last game and history does repeat itself more often than you think (see: clearly being cursed). flcl is solid enough to be able to pull through. in reality if they want the free win vs chait might as well put dabs in, @tapus thoughts???
ORAS: Feitan the steam vs Sae - although it pains me to see cell not play sae is a matchup fishing expert and will almost definitely not pull a disadvantageous matchup. however, i'm p high on feitan's playing ability so this will definitely be an interesting match

Last edited:
Goldenrod Gengars (3) vs Two Island Tapus (5)

USUM: dahli vs Pak : The painter will destroy the Paki. Anyway Pak have a trophy, he will have mercy of dahli and let him, at least, a win in mpl final...

USUM: Toadow vs trash : He's french. What did you expect ?

USUM: Chaitanya vs MetaRiolu7 : Well we have reached the worst of the bunch, which takes some doing in this pool. Xiri is playing well in seasonals right now but it's seasonals. MJ was ok in mono ubers, but questionable in his other games. Alkione is an ok enough player without any mono team tour experience but he's expected to struggle like the rest of this group. Twilight solace(awful change btw) will probably be lacking as well. Miniors outlook in SM looks bleak, unless some of their better players decide to step into SM. Their building probably falls to Attribute who's enthusastic but probably average and some inexperienced players like Twilight solace as it's hard to see Paleo and ima building for a tier they aren't in with their activity issues.

USUM: Waszap vs FLCL : As I said one time :
Alkione07/07/2019

Waszap --> zap --> He's gonna elec

Even with FLCL's advantage of knowing the type Waszap will use, he is still a weebs. So Waszap will win.

ORAS: Finchinator vs Cell : He will just play in his perfect form, Cell absorbing Attribute's and Ssalbap's sadness.

ORAS: Megazard vs Catalystic : If I don't put him winner, he'll stop to give me some teams in AGPL...

BW: KuraiTenshi26 vs dcae : Bro his oppo have numbers in his name. Don't lose pls dcae !

BO3: Feitan the steal vs Sae : Sae --> Sea --> He will water Feitan's face 2 times. It will be 2 win.

Namranan

:)))))))))))
USUM: dahli vs Pak - Really good match that will definitely be a treat to watch. While peachy and Pak seem evenly matched in my eyes I feel like edging Pak because of his more consistent plays during the past weeks.
USUM: Toadow vs trash - Although trash has been doing pretty well, I think as long as toadow doesn't get MUd he will take the win.

USUM: Chaitanya vs MetaRiolu7 - I'm so glad the Mr7 was able to make it to a mono team tour finals, that being said Chaitanya will definitely make it known who is the better player.
USUM: Waszap vs FLCL - I've seen some pretty good play from both sides but I'm gonna edge FLCL because of their ability to play well regardless of the MU.
ORAS: Finchinator vs Cell - Surprised that finch is doing this well in ORAS, I would edge Cell because of experience but after seeing finch play I think he may have the upper hand here.
ORAS: Megazard vs Catalystic - Personally just feel like cata has more experience with mono and should be the better player here, but this can go either way.

BW: KuraiTenshi26 vs dcae - Dcae has gotten good mu's for most of the tour, so he might get one here. Either way I feel like dcae is most likely the better player.
BO3: Feitan the steam vs Sae - HL match af, Feitan is super good at b03 and will definately give Sae a run for their money. But Sae is also really solid in both gen 7 and gen 6, so it really comes down to who has the better gen 5. Personally I think that edge goes the feitan and that is what will prolly win him this series.

Edit: Due to the MU change I have to make a new predict

BW: Evigaro vs Dcae - Mostly same reasoning, and I'm pretty confident in Dcae having more experience in this metagame anyway.

Last edited:

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
congratulations to the Goldenrod Gengars on winning MPL 5! and good job to the Tapus on the close series

We are a bit late on getting MPL Awards set up, but they are coming (eventually). Feel free to PM me any suggestions for award categories, etc...
I'll drop the sets thread soon too

we didnt win but shoutouts since they seem fun

LAX +WANKA- I cant thank you guys enough for picking me up this Mpl this shit was so fun, I hope I was worth the 6k you put into me though I didnt perform as well as I would have liked =D. Overall a fun ass tour and team to play on, bless Amq for getting me on here =D.

Trash- What a guy. I was pretty nervous joining the team since I didnt know what to expect but you started fucking around talking about different shit and asked me for a fun team to use. S/O band Loom. you asked me to build for you the first few weeks which like low key had me worried but it was fun and I'm so glad we had you on our team bro. <3

Metariolu7- the YOUNG Prodigy of monotype. you grew up watching Teen Titans go and Pokemon Black and White ;w; but you can def play the game. sorry we couldnt get you better MU's but I had Fun af playing and teambuilding with you man, I'd love to team up again in the future.

Tko- Goat. you're a fun as fuck guy and I loved playing with you. you may have beat me in AMQ but I've been training and I got you next time ;w; Thanks for helping me learn LC too man. It really wouldnt have been the same team without you there man I hope to play in another tour with you again.

Catalystic- You had the most lines in the cord and put in that work Oml, you were fun to team with and I beat you once in AMQ =D I'm really happy we got to team again just Like with Mr7 I had a lot of fun building with you and shit, good Looks all season keep it up bro.

Pak- 1 man army, almost every week you came in and won your game, thanks for carrying us Pak def worth the 31k oml. I dont really have a lot to say we didnt talk too much but you were chill and a great player =D

Cell- Oras goat OML, We may not agree on how broken ground is but I loved discussing and playing with you regardless, You put in that work for ORAS damn bro Good shit. We didnt talk as much as some of the others but you were always around during discussions and it was fun man.

Sae- We literally basically never talked but you RAN this tour over with a bomb ass record. switching to Bo3 because our team was struggling a little man you did gods work for the Nagana- for the Tapus. Thanks for being on the team Man was a blast

DFD- BIG DfD dw about what people say and all bro, shit happens bro. you were fun and helpful And you whooped up on harpp week 1. Had a few rough games but dont let it get to you bro. Fun tour lad.

FLCL We Pmuch never talked and I really only know you from playing amq still but you played your games well an shit Oml. thanks for your efforts sir and one day I'll beat you in AMQ

Other helpers

THE DOC- Bro I can not Explain how much I was glad to have you in the cord you were so fun to talk with and always a motivation booster. I hope one day we can team up in a tour someday man OML what a fuckin guy. <3

Wyn+Pearl- afk pmuch but Was nice to have you around :)

All the mono goons who joined after being eliminated- Thanks for the help boys, Had some fun talks with you guys and It was nice having extra mono people who know the game LOL. also ferno helped me build one of my teams even though it got fucking demolished but S/O to her too

Lastly S/O to the people who got me into the community and really made me want to improve and learn monotype and mons in general I wouldnt have liked the game as much if I didnt have you guys to play it with and bless the help from all of you. MVGE Rap Yogurt Crashy Zoopals goons there's a lot more people I cba to tag =D

http://prntscr.com/p1auab

Grats Gengars

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Wanka and I turned out to be useless managers in the playoffs, which we apologize for. I've never ever worked with such a hard-working group of monotype players in any of my previous tournaments, so I'm really proud of where our team ended up, even if it wasn't a final victory.

Pak ik you really didn't wanna cost a shit load but this draft was insanee. wanka and I were planning on getting eien or zuku with you as our 3rd option, but after those two went for absurd prices I'm really glad we could pick you up. you also lived up to your price and had an amazing record compared to those 2 LUL. being an active and supportive teammate is all we could ask of you but you also brought the dubs

Sae we didn't plan to draft you at ALL (ok tbf we didn't plan on drafting anyone, our draft plan was literally just "trash"), but I'm really glad we did. super active and helpful teammate, and you went 4-0 in bo3 when our bo3 slot was lacking and destroyed your opponents. even tho you hate sm you're great at it

Catalystic ur cancer but u have 9.2k lines while wanka and I have 8k combined wtf??? super active, super clutch, and you always played your games well. good shit bro, I rmr seeing logs of ppl talking about u saying you weren't good enough or smth but you pulled a ton of wins for us when we needed it

Cell didn't have your best season record-wise, but you were a vital source of our foundation as a team and players, always online to chat and help people. good that ur no longer known as the sand meanie and you expanded your reach, I'm sure u could've done a lot better if Wanka was more useful

MetaRiolu7 - another great pickup, I'm glad we drafted you and don't want you to be hung up over that last loss. that's just how pokemon goes, so as long as you enjoyed your time in this tour that's a massive win to me

trash - troat, mono god OML noob started off like 1-2 then won like 5 in a row
tko - face of the west coast, you two alr know anything I have to say but thanks for doing ur best and being active for a tier you guys don't rly care about. was great seeing you guys mesh well with the main mono players we picked up and enjoy yourselves

dcae - thanks for doing ur best bro, you gotta stop beating yourself up with mons, you're a great player and friend and hope ur just chilling wherever now

FLCL - :hiss: thanks for accepting the retain, mono is completely out of your comfort zone but thanks for picking up wins

LuckyPiper - really glad that we for whatever reason decided to draft u (I guess thanks amq?), you were incredibly active and supportive and that's one of the things I value most in a teammate. thanks for doing your best

Days for Dabs - things didn't work out too well, but I don't regret drafting you. I think you're a very strong, instinctive player, but you need to gain more confidence in these kind of things and rely on your teammates. it's pokemon, don't stress too much. hope you enjoyed your first mono tour

thanks to the billion helpers that joined our discord, pretty much dumbass Wanka and my only contributions during poffs was responding "sure" whenever you guys asked to add someone lmao

major thanks to Attribute for joining and being active and prepping enough as if it was his own team, you're a great kid and I'll always appreciate ur effort
Eien - thanks for joining and being active in our team chat. we don't always see eye to eye in mono team tours but you're always a great and talkative presence, and we woulda won with your team :thinking:
DrReuniclus - the man... super active despite not playing a single ounce of monotype and always gassing the team and encouraging everyone to do their best. you were more of a manager than me and wanka LOL but I really appreciate all your activity.

misc shoutouts to Ticken Anttya Isza Sabella Endal HT Pearl Wyn for joining our chat to chill or help out

Wanka - thanks for managing with me after I randomly hit u up, we had a blast and drafted a pretty independent and powerful team from having no draft plan at all heading into the draft LOL. was fun bro

think this is the last time I'm gonna manage in a monotype tour, I went from tryharding every mono tour and providing teams for everyone to not really doing shit in mono wcop and then just helping guide my players this mpl (sometimes). really wish I could've been more active for my team cuz I would love for these boys to get a ring, but thanks everyone for giving your all. the common theme in my shoutouts is mentioning how active and supportive every person on the team was, and that's why ppl still play these team tours, to have that kinda connection

ggs

We got two more, but unfortunately they weren't wins.

This has honestly been a pretty good MPL season and my favorite thus far since I got to play a decent amount of games. I'm pretty happy with how I performed after a 0-2 start but it definitely wasn't possible without the support of my fantastic teammates. I wasn't planning to do a shoutouts but the Tapus have grown on me and I feel like my run was definitely not possible without their support.

lax: The absolutely monster of a player at the moment. Not gonna lie, had my doubts on being on your team in the beginning, but you definitely pulled through in several clutch situations and helped us here and there to secure wins. Good luck with Snake, hope to see you keep killing it on the big scenes.

Wanka: Teaming with you was a blast, but I think you were right a year ago I'm still cancer LOL. At least you believed in me enough to put me into ORAS but bro for real stop texting and driving thanks for being a chill manager and helping everywhere.

Sae: Don't know what I'd do without you helping me in ORAS, glad I was able to return the favor by prepping some SM along the way. You finally went on a tear this year, hope we get on a team again so I'm not lost in ORAS.

Cell: ORAS Ground Goat, don't think you were a fan of me goofing off once in a while but hey it all worked out in the end now if only you were as good at CS GO as you are in mons then maybe you could get out of Gold Nova

Pak: Man your playing is something else it was a pleasure to watch your games and see you play with such tactical finesse while soundly securing the wins, you're a monster. You did make the team chat brighter every day when you roasted Wanka for his moments though so that was great.

trash: Hi you're not dcae nor female nor trans nor a 16 year old you meme glad I got to team with you tho and you played well when you weren't trolling. Good luck in Snake stop trolling.

LuckyPiper: Honestly you're the reason our team chat was fun since day 1, your ideas are great and hope you keep playing mons and losing to me in AMQ. Congratulations on getting everyone in the cord onto the LuckyPiper train btw.

dcae: Man you didn't talk much but you were a chill guy in the cord and an absolute monster when playing. Things were a bit unlucky sometimes but you're the BW Goat. Teach me LC sometime.

tko: You're so goofy bro but you're hella good stop trolling me so much. Dunno why you weren't unleashed more this season but definitely glad to have you on the team.

MetaRiolu7: Yo honestly your prep game is on point thanks for the help in SM when I was there, it was great to have you help me figure what to use in those critical weeks. Hope to team with you again sometime.

Days for Dabs: You were so motivated to help the team throughout the season, and even though the tour didn't end up too great for you, your record doesn't do justice to how much you helped around. Stop cteaming me in tests though.

FLCL: Teach me how to be good at AMQ plz glad you got some key wins for us throughout the season tho.

DrReuniclus: Our 3rd manager, you boosted our team morale every week and got us through some hard times during the regular season. Good luck in life, glad you're killing it out there.

Additional thanks to Anttya Attribute Eien Kaiser Sabella Ticken for joining during playoffs to help us out.

I hope to come back again next year for another fun tournament!

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Won’t do a long post since I more or less echo everything in lax’s s/o’s but thank you to everyone on my team for overachieving. I don’t think it’s fair to say that he decision to be more hands off with you guys was calculated, but I am someone who genuinely feels like comfort is key in these tours so I felt like it was a good idea to act as a support system for you guys rather than a dominant voice who could veto decisions you guys would make etc. That ain’t how I roll, I think there was like one maybe two occasions where I gave a last minute team/forced someone to use something. Seriously tho u are all dope for being self sufficient and we def had some good times in the cord. I hope everyone appreciated my selfies, I’ll prolly pm a lot of u on cord to talk more cus I don’t feel like doing shoutouts on here lolol.

Ggs to the gengnigs, cba with this idiot chait taking over.

E: solid mpl tbh la

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)