Side Monotype Ladder Tournament V - Playoffs Round 3 (Loser's Bracket)

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
mlt-banner.png

Welcome to the fifth edition of the Monotype Ladder Tournament hosted by Decem and Havens!

The laddering session has now concluded, here are the players who qualified during the past 4 weeks of laddering. Now they will be placed in a double elimination bracket in order to determine the winner of this tournament.

The pairings will be RANDOMISED and not at all based on what position you ended on the ladder in your cycle. The competition will also be DOUBLE ELIMINATION and each match up is a BEST OF THREE.

Deadline for matches will be Monday, September 30th, at 12:00 A.M. EST. The deadline for extensions will be Thursday, September 26th, at 12:00 A.M. EST.

Good luck to everyone~ (matchups generated by Decem)​

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be DOUBLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded AND POSTED. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won. Guys, it's the finals of one of the last major Monotype tours of this generation; just post them.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type, both before and after Mega Evolution
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vodoom(Losers) vs (loser of Chaitanya(winners) vs. Waszap): This can go two ways depending who loses, if chait wins than I see vodoom beating waszap and if zap wins in winners I see chait beating vodoom. overall host is rigging poor chait. anyways this is a great set imo. we have top players mono players playing each other so cant wait for this.
Namranan vs Brisked: tbh I talked to nam and seen them around but never seen them play. going with brisked because gotta always support friends and brisked been doing decent in current tours.
ArkenCiel vs Dragon Expert Soma: GO ARKEN
Trichotomy vs Clearly: Another HL game trich is more creative but clearly can stop playing for 100 years and comeback and still be on top
Havens vs Bitana: Bit dont be mad but that end game in g3 was bad. Havens been having poor tours recently and has no confidants in himself it seems like.
DugZa vs juleocesar: dugza went like 4-1 in mpl and people say juleoceasar is trash.
Winemom87 vs EricSaysHi: s/o to rouge goons making it in this tour, anyways winemon can win if they prep and scout eric well. he uses same shit all the time.
Crashy vs dahli: crashy did it last week vs booty tbh I cant believe it for myself. hope crashy doesnt throw 15 times again. GO CRASHY

Namranan

:)))))))))))
These might be my last predicts so I'll make them count!

Vodoom(if chaitanya wins) vs (loser of Chaitanya(if zap wins) vs. Waszap): Chait I feel is one of the best SM mono players in the game, so I think that he should take this pretty convincingly in the event he loses to wazsap. If he wins though Sindy will prolly take zap out because i feel like he might be more solid, can go either way.
Namranan vs Brisked: Runback from last years ssnls, lets see how far I've come.
ArkenCiel vs Dragon Expert Soma: Please get soma out of this tour
Trichotomy vs Clearly: HL match but I think clearly will build the superior team to beat trich.
Havens vs Bitana: Havens said it himself, he can't do well in tours with the name mono in the title.
DugZa vs juleocesar: MPL upstart vs undrafted and unwanted, I think this one is clear
Winemom87 vs EricSaysHi: As much as I really don't want to edge winemom after the soma game, eric seems like he might pull an Illama in this match so we will have to see. This one is gonna be a must watch.
Crashy vs dahli: Peachy should not lose this at all under any circumstances

Lets GO losers bracket!

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RE: Waszap

Waszap has expressed his wish to leave the tour due to various conflicts.

Result: Because Waszap has left the tour, Chaitanya receives the forfeit win for Round 2 and advances to Round 4, Winners side. Additionally, Vodoom receives the forfeit win for this round and advances to Round 4, Losers side.

Late af predicts I totally forgot to do these
Vodoom vs. Waszap
Namranan vs Brisked-I refuse to ever predict for brisked that dude highlights me all the time for dumbass shit
ArkenCiel vs Dragon Expert Soma-Attribute made me change this. Arkoat
Trichotomy vs Clearly-I like trichotomy when he's not mean to me
Havens vs Bitana-Cool beans here
DugZa vs juleocesar-Dugza beat me in mix and mega
Winemom87 vs EricSaysHi-highlight match for sure
Crashy vs dahli- it happened but i've predicted for crashy all season and that's not stopping him or riku is winning this tour baby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)