Side Monotype Ladder Tournament V - Playoffs Round 1

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the fifth edition of the Monotype Ladder Tournament hosted by Decem and Havens!

The laddering session has now concluded, here are the players who qualified during the past 4 weeks of laddering. Now they will be placed in a double elimination bracket in order to determine the winner of this tournament.

The pairings will be RANDOMISED and not at all based on what position you ended on the ladder in your cycle. The competition will also be DOUBLE ELIMINATION and each match up is a BEST OF THREE.

deadline for matches will be at Monday, September 16th at 12:00 A.M. EST

Good luck to everyone~

Round 1 Matchups generated by Decem~

Kaguya Lys vs. ArkenCiel
Riku Sakuraba vs. Trichotomy
Ssalbap vs. juleocesar
Brisked vs. Waszap
EricSaysHi vs. Havens
Vodoom vs. Knigkt
Dragon Expert Soma vs. Winemom87
kythr vs. Crashy
smub vs. Roxiee
dahli vs. Chaitanya
Kev vs. iLlama
Clearly vs. Toadow
Sabella vs. Prosaic
Ninjamage vs. Mateeus_1
Namranan vs. DugZa
LuckyPiper vs. Bitana

Last edited by a moderator:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reminder for all participants: because this is the playoffs portion of the tournament, all replays must be saved and posted!

Last edited:
They asked for predictions so here they are
Kaguya Lys vs. ArkenCiel- Arken Is washed but he's definitely not sylex washed
Riku Sakuraba vs. Trichotomy- I think trichotomy is better. but I have a weird feeling riku will win.
Ssalbap vs. juleocesar- happened
Brisked vs. Waszap- waszaps better imo
EricSaysHi vs. Havens- Havens chokes sometimes but I still think he's alright =D
Vodoom vs. Knigkt- who's knigkt
Dragon Expert Soma vs. Winemom87-Unless soma is able to seduce winemom with his smogon avatar she will probably win?
kythr vs. Crashy- Better imo but kythr is alright too
smub vs. Roxiee- roxiee uses some weird shit and might catch smub off guard but he's better
dahli vs. Chaitanya-Chait usually beats me, I'm 1-0 vs peachy. easy math.
Kev vs. iLlama- Kev has been talking about his Mono cup win for so long I just dont want him to win another tour.
Clearly vs. Toadow- Beast
Sabella vs. Prosaic- happened
Ninjamage vs. Mateeus_1-Idk does normal beat grass
Namranan vs. DugZa- I honestly dont know but nam is hyped.
LuckyPiper vs. Bitana-Darn

Predicts

Kaguya Lys vs. ArkenCiel- Arken's a better player overall even if he may be washed
Riku Sakuraba vs. Trichotomy- Hard to bet against trich since he's super solid overall
Ssalbap vs. juleocesar- Ssalbap is a beast, alrdy happened anyways
Brisked vs. Waszap- Waszap's the better player
EricSaysHi vs. Havens- Havens can prolly take the W here but note that he does bad in any tours with "Mono" in the title so could see eric take it here
Vodoom vs. Knigkt- vodoom's prolly better
Dragon Expert Soma vs. Winemom87- Whism grass should be able to beat dragon :P
kythr vs. Crashy- kythr seems kinda fire and haven't seen crashy play SM as much but wouldn't be surprised if Crashy won
smub vs. Roxiee- smub might have taken a break but if he takes this seriously and doesn't meme he prolly takes this
dahli vs. Chaitanya- One of the only good matches, this is hard to predict as both are definitely good players, giving Chait a slight edge since I think he's better overall but dahli could totally take this
Kev vs. iLlama- iLlama is a beast
Clearly vs. Toadow- Clearly's better imo
Sabella vs. Prosaic- happened
Ninjamage vs. Mateeus_1- Mateeus is better overall and just has to bring smth that beats grass :P
Namranan vs. DugZa- Nam's a little more experienced I would say but I could see dugza winning here since he had a decent mpl
LuckyPiper vs. Bitana- I heard Luckypiper say that Bit shouldn't be a problem for him so i'm waiting to see it happen

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Time to do some MLT predicts:

Kaguya Lys vs. ArkenCiel - After the way he had to qualify, I sure hope he doesn't lose r1 to kaguya.
Riku Sakuraba vs. Trichotomy- Trichoatomy
Ssalbap vs. juleocesar- Happened but would've edged ssalbap anyway
Brisked vs. Waszap- odd MU but edging waszap because he is far more competent.
EricSaysHi vs. Havens- I predict that havens will break his curse this MLT
Vodoom vs. Knigkt- no comment
Dragon Expert Soma vs. Winemom87- Usually I would not edge the person with numbers in their name, but since that would mean edging soma...
kythr vs. Crashy- No way you beat my rock with ice and you don't win r1 of this tour
smub vs. Roxiee- Smub is sadly washed, and will likely get tilted by roxiee's unusual playstyle.
dahli vs. Chaitanya- Sadly I'm not allowed to not edge dahli

Kev vs. iLlama- As usual, Kev will luck himself another win
Clearly vs. Toadow- Clearly is the superior builder and player in this match, he has a very good edge here
Sabella vs. Prosaic- happened but I was gonna edge sab
Ninjamage vs. Mateeus_1- Sorry mat but ninjamage knows you better than anyone else here (including me) this might be a hard one for you to win.
Namranan vs. DugZa- Y'all are crazy if you think I'm beating him
LuckyPiper vs. Bitana- Luckypiper talks big so he better win

Last edited:
Kaguya Lys vs. ArkenCiel || Washed af, but I'm not enough of a tool to root for my opponent's win
Riku Sakuraba vs. Trichotomy || Seems one sided
Ssalbap vs. juleocesar || Juleo's Mamo shouldn't have gone down that early in g1 but it did. Juleo was right to avoid Grass in g2, but the VCreate tech on Z Celebrate -
Brisked vs. Waszap || They're about even in ability \/
EricSaysHi vs. Havens || Tour host is definitely trying to avoid a loss in R1
Vodoom vs. Knigkt || Apparently Vodoom trashed the man in the ladder
Dragon Expert Soma vs. Winemom87 ||

kythr vs. Crashy || Heard kythr dodged Crashy in scheduling, understandable
smub vs. Roxiee || I would edge smub out, but Roxiee seems hungry to establish themself
dahli vs. Chaitanya || Neither one is significantly better than the other (sorry?), should be a great watch
Kev vs. iLlama || iLlama can win just as easily, but surely Kev's more consistent activity will lend itself to him winning
Clearly vs. Toadow || Clearly's game
Sabella vs. Prosaic || Game 1 was a pain to watch, but you really ran that game to the very end. I think you might have been able to pull a win out of that impossible match up if you were aggressive earlier on, madness
Ninjamage vs. Mateeus_1 || Mat's got more versatility to rely on
Namranan vs. DugZa || Either one could win, but it'd be nice to see Nam have confidence in himself with a win
LuckyPiper vs. Bitana || Both of you are hax magnets, whoever has less bad luck on the day y'all battle will win

Kaguya Lys vs. ArkenCiel - Close one, I'm a bit higher on Sylex
Riku Sakuraba vs. Trichotomy - He's gonna bring some heat
Ssalbap vs. juleocesar - Z tailwind LOL
Brisked vs. Waszap - Gonna be a good series, but zap has the edge of unexpected sets

EricSaysHi vs. Havens - Better USUM player
Vodoom vs. Knigkt - Way more competetive USUM experience
Dragon Expert Soma vs. Winemom87 - The best dragon player ever, maybe the best player ever. Winemom can't stop the undisputed #1 seed of the tournament.
kythr vs. Crashy - I feel like he has the skill and prep edge here
smub vs. Roxiee - Roxiee has been inconsistent, I feel like they will show up here however
dahli vs. Chaitanya - Insane matchup to have this early, edging Chait because I think he will prep a little bit better
Kev vs. iLlama - As long as Llama gets some hax proof measures in, he should win
Clearly vs. Toadow - Hard to predict against Clearly after that MPL performance
Sabella vs. Prosaic -
Zeraora is now S rank on Electric for a reason
Ninjamage vs. Mateeus_1 - A lot more competetive experience, and I think he will prep better
Namranan vs. DugZa - DugZa will prep more, and is looking to have a great performance
LuckyPiper vs. Bitana - I think Piper will prep more, but this is super close could go either way

Last edited:
Predicts

Kaguya Lys vs. ArkenCiel - Haven't seen both play much in quite a while, but I think Arken gets it due to more experience
Riku Sakuraba vs. Trichotomy - Even though Trich is much better, I think Riku can pull the upset here due to some surprising W's I've seen recently. Both can pass imo
Ssalbap vs. juleocesar - mal começou e um br já saiu, tristeza...
Brisked vs. Waszap - Better player imo, though Zap will probably pass in 3 - Brisked can probably give him a run for his money
EricSaysHi vs. Havens - Close game, I think both can have a shot at passing. Havens is better at his peak, but idk he's really on it atm. Maybe?
Vodoom vs. Knigkt - Vod is far less washed imo
Dragon Expert Soma vs. Winemom87 - I'm probably cheering for Soma to pass just to see priceless reactions over some places lmfao.
kythr vs. Crashy - kythr is growing nicely atm, while Crashy is pretty solid. Can't tell a favorite here
smub vs. Roxiee - smub's been a bit inactive lately, and Roxiee is a decent player who's also on the rise. Probably coming down to MU or something
dahli vs. Chaitanya - This is happening too early lmao.
Kev vs. iLlama - Kev's more consistent overall, IMO.
Clearly vs. Toadow - I don't know Toadow much, therefore I'm edging Clearly? Seems fair to me.
Sabella vs. Prosaic
Ninjamage vs. Mateeus_1 - yes
Namranan vs. DugZa - pls nam send dugza out so he won't post "wheres ur predictions" in every fucking discord server that he's in at later rounds. thanks and bring fighting.
LuckyPiper vs. Bitana - Piper's been growing a ton lately, but I still think Bit has the edge overall due to experience + skill level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)