Monotype Gen 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by G Luke

Hello, and welcome to Monotype Gen 8, the first (as far as I'm aware) Pet Mod based on the Monotype metagame! Every week there will be a slate with 5 type combinations (and sometimes single types): you then create Pokémon of those types. If one of your creations wins the vote, you get to pick a typing for the next slate. If 5 of your creations win, you get to buff a pre-existing Pokémon (see Q&A). If 10 of your creations win, you get to add a new mechanic (see Q&A). Your nominations should look like this:

Type Combination

Ability: List in order of which slot they are. Type hidden abilities in Italics (they are always available). If any of your Pokemon have a new ability, explain what it does.
Base stats: in order of HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe, then leave total at the end in brackets
Useful Moves You don't have to list the entire movepool - just the moves you think it would actually use
Physical:
Special:

If you give your Pokemon a new move, state what it does. This also includes which abilities are affected by it (barring obvious ones like Prankster and Adaptability), and its Z effect. If it is a status move, and it gives 3 or more stat boosts (e.g. Swords Dance is 2 boosts), its Z effect can only be curing stat drops. If the move damages the user (like Belly Drum), I will allow the Z effect to be restoring health.
Sprite: Existing Pokemon recolored
Weight: Needed for Heavy Slam / Low Kick / Heat Crash calcs. Give in Pounds and Kilos. Weight converter: https://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/
Size: Optional, give in Feet and Metres if you do. Size converter: https://www.metric-conversions.org/length/feet-to-meters.htm
Egg Group(s): Optional
Competitive use: Explain what you think your Pokemon would do on the type(s) it's allowed on, and what it would bring to the table.
Is it broken?: List your Pokemon's flaws, and how you feel it would be checked and countered
Pokedex: Optional.

Q&A

What's the banlist?

Current Monotype Banlist. There are no plans to retest any banned Pokémon or items.

What about new items?

That will come later, hold off for now.

What's the timeframe regarding submissions?

On Monday at 9 am GMT will we start the next slate. On Friday at 9pm GMT, voting will begin. Votes will be counted on the Monday morning and the process will begin again. This is not set in stone, so extensions are possible if there aren't enough submissions / votes.

Can my creation be an Alolan forme / mega evolution / evolution of a pre-existing Pokémon?

Alolan forme or evolution, yes. Mega, no. If it's an Alolan forme, it must retain the original Pokemon's BST.

Can my creation be a legendary / psuedo legendary / ultra beast?

Yes to all, however I don't want to flood the meta with ultra powerful Pokemon, so I'm going to draw the line at 1 of the above Pokemon per slate. Whoever receives the most overall votes gets to decide which of the next slate will be one of the above. If there is a tie, I will decide the winner. If your Pokemon is a legendary, it must have a BST of 570, 580 or 600. If it's a pseudo legendary, it must have a BST of 600. If it's an Ultra Beast, it must have a BST of 570, all of its base stats must be prime numbers (see here for list of prime numbers), and it must have Beast Boost as its only ability.

Can my nomination have multiple forms?

Yes - however I draw the line at 2. And please no in battle transformations, as that's more work for the programmers.

If one of my nominations is later found to be broken, what happens?

It will be nerfed, if it's massively broken it will removed altogether. It will not take away from your total wins.

Can I change my creations / votes?

Yes - just edit your post before the next stage begins.

Is there a BST limit for my creations?

Yes. For your non legendary / pseudo / ultra beast creations the limit will be 530. If you choose to give a +10 stat boost to a Pokemon that already has a BST of over 530, you must subtract 10 points from another of its stats.

Are there any abilities that I am not allowed to give my Pokémon?

Moody, Shadow Tag, Psychic Surge and Wonder Guard. Moody and Shadow Tag or banned, Psychic Surge would make Psychic teams incredibly overpowered (and they're already a top tier type) unless you gave it to a non Psychic-type I guess, but then what would be the point? Wonder Guard would be broken on anything with more than 1 HP.

While you're not forbidden, I would urge extreme caution in giving abilities like Speed Boost, Arena Trap, Protean and Huge Power.

Can I comment on someone else's Pokémon?

Absolutely, just please be civil.

If I get to buff a preexisting Pokemon, can I give it a move or ability that someone else (or I) submitted earlier?

Yes, if that creation has already won. If someone came up with a move called Dragon Song, that boosts Speed and Special Attack by one stage, you could then give it to, say, Altaria or Meloetta if you wished.

What are the rules regarding Pokémon I can buff?

Each of the following counts as 1 buff:
+10 to any base stat
1 new move
1 new ability (say which one you are replacing if applicable)
Switching around 2 of its base stats (ex you could switch Hoopa's Attack and Defence stats, giving Hoopa 80/110/130 bulk).

You may not buff any Pokemon which are S Rank on either of the types they are allowed on. The highest ranking is the one used, so even though Armaldo is unranked on Rock you could not buff it as it is S Rank on Bug.
When it comes to new moves, if a Pokemon has multiple forms (including megas), again we take the highest ranked form. So you could not give Charizard any new moves as Mega Charizard X is S Rank on Fire.
Mega Evolutions may not receive a boost to their base stats.
If a Pokemon is in A or B rank, you can give it 1 buff. If it is in C rank, you can give it 2 buffs. If it is in D Rank or Unranked, you can give it 3 buffs.
Last, but most importantly, don't suggest buffs that would break a Pokemon.
Please PM me with the Pokemon you want to buff.

What could I do for a new mechanic?

Examples:
Explosion once again halves defence
The gem items are all available (Fairy Gem exists in the coding)
Stealth Rock now deals 5% neutral, 2.5% to resists, 1% to X4 resists, 10% to weak, 25% to X4 weak
Normal poison halves Special Attack
Ice types resist Fairy moves; Fairy types are hit for X2 damage by Ice type attacks
Ice types gain X1.5 defence in Hail
Stone Edge has perfect accuracy in Sandstorm
Shell Armor weakens special attacks used on the Pokemon by 25%
Blaze / Overgrow / Torrent / Swarm now activate if the user has less than 50% HP

Do not suggest making the weather conjured by Drought / Drizzle / Snow Warning / Sand Stream permanent again. No one wants Gen 5 weather wars back.
Also, please don't suggest returning Gale Wings to its Gen 6 status - then Talonflame would have to be banned. You could, though, change it so it gives Flying type moves +1 priority if the user has, say, 51% or more HP.
Again, please PM me with your idea for a new mechanic so as not to clutter up the thread.

Useful resources?

Use this damage calculator to get a rough idea of how your creation would do.

On Pokemon Showdown, in any room, type /weak [type], [type] and it will give you a list of that typing's weaknesses and resists.
Example:
Fighting/Fairy:
Weaknesses: Fairy, Flying, Poison, Psychic, Steel
Resistances: Bug, Dark, Fighting, Rock
Immunities: Dragon

You could also type /coverage [type], [type] to see what your Pokémon would be able to hit with its STABs
Example: Bug / Dragon
Coverage for Bug + Dragon:
Super Effective: Dark, Dragon, Grass, Psychic
Neutral: Bug, Electric, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Rock, Water
Resists: Fairy, Steel
Immunities: None

Current Monotype viability rankings: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-usm-viability-rankings.3622349/
All inclusive list of new Pokémon and other changes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ad7qJja43F8db36KetyjArr9SHABHFx7gASuXpp2V9o/edit?usp=sharing
New Viability Rankings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Iz9qjykn_2UhrU65mPKKkpzKPjh5gwvmyS1WvV2sUU/edit?usp=sharing

Analyses

Last edited:
Alright everybody, time to kick off the first slate! For slate 1, we're going with 5 types that have yet to be used.

1: Ice / Fire
2: Rock / Ghost
3: Steel / Poison (600 BST limit)
4. Dark / Electric
5: Fairy / Fighting

You have until Friday 9 pm GMT to come up with your Pokemon. I decided to give the Poison type the 600 BST limit, as Poison only has Nihilego and Silvally-Poison as its legendaries (and Silvally sucks). Good luck everyone!

So I don't have to triple post, here are my creations:

Ice / Fire

Ability: Slush Rush / Solar Power / Sheer Force
Base stats: 62 / 102 / 42 / 102 / 42 / 142 (492 total)
Useful moves
Physical: Icicle Crash, Freezing Fire, Thunder Punch, Earthquake, Superpower
Special: Burning Ice, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt
Freezing Fire: 110 BP, physical, Fire type, 5 PP, 85% accuracy, 10% chance to freeze. No contact. Z power: 185. Sacred Fire animation
Burning Ice: 110 BP, special, Ice type, 5 PP, 85% accuracy, 10% chance to burn. No contact. Z Power: 185. Freeze Dry animation

Sprite: Haunter coloured red
Weight: 21.3 lbs, 9.6 kilos
Size: 5.11 ft, 1.8 m
Egg Groups: Amorphous
Competetive use: On both Ice and Fire teams it provides some much needed speed, as both types have few fast Pokemon. While base 102 / 102 attacking stats aren't that impressive, Sheer Force gives most of its moves some extra bite, and it can set up with Swords Dance and Calm Mind. On Ice teams, its Fire typing lets it pose a threat to Steel teams, while on Fire teams its Ice typing lets it pose a threat to Ground and Dragon teams. With Swords Dance and Calm Mind it can go either way, and what beats one set could easily lose to the other.
Is it broken?: I really don't think so. It has next to no bulk, and it's X4 weak to Stealth Rock on two types that already struggle with hazard control. Just about any priority move can take it down fairly easily, and if you forgo Life Orb it's not that powerful.
Pokedex: Contrunion, the Duality Pokemon. It has two personalities, one calm and level headed, the other hot headed and aggressive. Its unpredictable nature makes it a very difficult Pokemon to train.

Rock / Ghost

Ability: Cursed Body, Technician, Sand Rush
Base Stats: 80, 125, 110, 67, 53, 75 (510 total)
Useful moves
Physical: Stone Edge, Rock Blast, Shadow Bone, Shadow Sneak, Bone Rush, Fire Punch, Earthquake, Superpower
Special: None (SpA is too low)
Sprite: Druddigon coloured black
Weight: 223 lbs, 101.1 kgs
Size: 3.11 ft, 1.19 m
Egg Groups: Mineral
Competetive use: It gives Rock and Ghost a strong wallbreaker with STAB priority; additionally it also helps Rock in the Fighting matchup. On Ghost teams, it offers a Stealth Rock setter with offensive presence, and it has higher Speed than Golurk and STAB priority. I think it would most commonly be seen running a simple Swords Dance + 3 attacks set, although on Rock teams it could run a Choice Band set with Sand Rush like Excadrill on Ground.
Is it broken?: Bulky Ground types like Swampert and Hippowdon are tough for it to deal with, unless it runs both Shadow Bone and Shadow Sneak, which costs coverage. It also has pretty average speed outside Sandstorm, and its Special Defence is absolutely terrible, even in a Sandstorm. It's weak to common priority moves like Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch and Sucker Punch, although it does have good physical bulk.
Pokedex: Cryptoyle, the Grave Guardian Pokemon. It silently watches over graveyards, praying on intruders. In the past, rich families would train them to deter grave robbers.

Steel / Poison

Ability: Radioactive
Radioactive: Poison type moves hit Steel types for X1 damage. User can poison Steel types.
Base stats: 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100 (600 total)
Useful moves
Physical: Gunk Shot, Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Seed Bomb
Special: Dirty Bomb, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Venoshock
Status: Coil, Purify, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Toxic Spikes
Dirty Bomb: 130 BP, Poison, Special, 5 PP, 80% accuracy, 30% chance to badly poison the target. No contact, blocked by Bulletproof. Z power: 195. Explosion animation.
Sprite: Seviper coloured grey
Weight: 552 lbs, 250.3 kg
Size: 32.1 ft, 9.49 m
Egg groups: Undiscovered
Competetive use: It's a bulky Steel type that isn't weak to Fighting, and a bulky Poison type that isn't weak to Psychic. Versatility is the name of the game with Mercondie, as on paper it can run lots of sets: bulky physical sweeper with Coil, special sweeper with Z Purify (Poison doesn't have any boosting sweepers really), stallbreaker with Taunt + Toxic. It also gives Steel a reliable way to break the Muk-Alola + Toxapex + Mega Venusaur Poison core.
Is it broken?: It has a X4 weakness to Ground type moves, a type Poison and Steel already with. While it has great bulk, it has no reliable recovery, so can be worn down quite easily by hazards. It also doesn't hit especially hard without boosts, and no matter what it runs it's always walled by something due to the poor coverage of Poison type moves (even with Radioactive factored in).
Pokedex: Mercondie, the Iron Snake Pokemon. Despite its fearsome appearance, it possesses a kind and gentle temperament. It once saved a town from nuclear disaster by absorbing all the radiation.

Dark / Electric

Ability: Intimidate / Strong Jaw / Moxie
Base Stats: 70 / 125 / 80 / 60 / 70 / 95 (500 total)
Useful moves
Physical: Crunch, Sucker Punch, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Wild Charge
Special: Volt Switch
Sprite: Mightyena coloured yellow
Weight: 92 lbs / 41.73 kg
Size: 4.1 ft / 1.24 m
Egg groups: Field
Competitive use: On Dark teams I think it would perform the role of a physical wallbreaker with its high attack stat and Strong Jaw boosting most of its moves. It also gives Electric a strong physical attacker, something they don't have many of (Golem-A and Zeraora are pretty much it). Access to Sucker Punch means it's not deadweight against offensive teams either.
Is it broken: While it's not that frail, it's not very bulky either, and Dark / Electric isn't the best defensive typing, bringing common weaknesses to Fighting, Ground and Fairy. Its speed also isn't great, leaving it lagging behind the base 100+ Pokemon.
Pokedex: Voltryena, the Bite Pokemon. It runs at blinding speed through fields. It paralyses its prey with electric attacks, and then devours it alive.

Fairy / Fighting

Ability: Bushido / Defiant
Bushido: Slashing moves gain 50% power. Stacks with STAB and other modifiers

Air Cutter, Air Slash, Cross Poison, Crush Claw, Cut, Dragon Claw, False Swipe, Fury Cutter, Fury Swiper, Leaf Blade, Metal Claw, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Razor Leaf, Razor Wind, Scratch, Sacred Sword, Secret Sword, Shadow Claw, Slash, X-Scissor

Base Stats: 63 / 99 / 81 / 67 / 89 / 111 (510 total)
Useful moves
Physical: Pink Sword, Sacred Sword, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Shadow Claw, Leaf Blade
Special: N/A (SpA is too low)
Pink Sword: 85 BP, Physical, Fairy type, 15 PP, 100% accuracy, no secondary effect, makes contact, boosted by Bushido. Z Power: 160. Secret Sword animation.
Weight: 45 lbs, 20 kgs
Size: 3.5 ft, 1.06 m
Egg groups: Field
Competitive use: It gives Fighting teams an answer to Mega Sableye, and it gives Fairy teams a way to break through stuff like the bulky Steel types that give them issues like Ferrothorn, Celesteela and Heatran. Bushido negates the otherwise low base power of its attacks.
Is it broken?: It's not that powerful before boosting, and it has to hold a Life Orb to get the KOs it needs. While base 111 Speed is solid, it's still slower than a lot of Pokemon like Mega Aerodactyl, Tapu Koko and Tornadus-T.
Pokedex: Felisonin, the Samurai Pokemon. Despite its cute appearance, it is an incredibly fearsome fighter. It will always go all out against any opponent, no matter how weak or strong they are.

Last edited:
Steel/Poison
Ability: Trace / Merciless
Base stats: 108 / 127 / 88 / 78 / 105 / 94 | 600 BST
Useful Moves:
Physical
: Meteor Mash, Poison Jab, Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch, Earthquake, Drain Punch, Leech Life, Superpower
Special: Fire Blast, Aura Sphere, Acid Spray
Sprite: Really not a big fan of this part. I think it's just supposed to be a placeholder, but Fakemon should have their own identity. For now, I'll say Drapion coloured Black.
Weight: 124.2 lbs
Size: 7'03", 2.2m
Egg Group(s): Undiscovered
Competitive use: This pokemon acts as a dedicated physical sweeper for Poison type teams, and a more defensive role on Steel teams. Merciless makes it perfect for Toxic Spikes teams, giving every move a 1.5x boost while also ignoring attack drops and defensive boosts. It has a pretty good matchup against Steel teams on a Poison team, being able to Trace useful abilities like Levitate, Flash Fire, Technician, or Beast Boost. A good offensive Movepool let's it fill its role as a physical sweeper, and a few useful special moves can also help it. Coil let's it set up, and Trick can be used on Scarf or Band sets.
Is it broken?: Probably not. A 4x ground weakness and fire weakness are pretty big, and although it can switch into Heatran to trace Flash Fire for the Steel matchup, most Heatrans run Earth Power anyway, which OHKOs unless you have fully invested special bulk. It's speed tier is only decent and it has no way of boosting it.
Pokedex: This Pokemon was artificially created as a peacekeeper, until an outside toxin contaminated it. Now, it ruthlessly hunts any supposed threats to it's existence, using unrestrained force on them.

Dark/Electric
Ability: Infiltrator / Street Fighter (This Pokemon's fighting moves have 1.5x power. Steelworker clone.)
Base stats: 72 / 108 / 114 / 86 / 73 / 77 |
Useful Moves:
Physical
: Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Crunch, Close Combat, Earthquake, Low Kick, Pursuit, Foul Play, Drain Punch, Beat Up, Counter, Fake Out, all elemental fang moves, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Wild Charge, Power Surge (Electric / Physical / 130 BP / 90% Acc / Not a signature move. Meant to be a more common physical electric move.)
Special: Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt
Status: Swords Dance, Ally Switch, Charge, Rapid Spin, Hone Claws, Substitute, Snatch, Protect
Sprite: Weavile with Electric highlights.
Weight: 68.1 lbs
Size: 3'11", 1.2 m
Egg Group(s): Human-Like
Competitive use: Swinduel is meant to help improve the Normal and Poison matchups on Electric. Street Fighter lets it gain a third STAB and beat common Normal pokemon like Porygon2 and Chansey, and sweep after a Swords Dance. Power Surge is a good move on Band or Scarf sets to hit and run. It can clear hazards using Rapid Spin and pressure any ghost types who come in to spinblock. It also has a pretty expansive physical movepool, including useful moves like Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and Fake Out.
Is it broken?: Not great special bulk and middling speed prevent Swinduel from being as effective as it could, but the high speed of electric teams makes it a good fit without being broken.
Pokedex: This pokemon will use anything it can to win a fight, even by cheating. It is said that trainers who use this pokemon slowly lose their morals.

Fairy/Fighting
Ability: Pixie Rush (When the user is hit by a Fairy type move, boost fairy type moves by 1.5x. Fairy immunity. Flash Fire clone.)
Base Stats: 115 / 58 / 70 / 123 / 93 / 72 | 530 BST
Useful Moves:
Physical:
N/A
Special: Moonblast, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Vacuum Wave,
Sprite:
Weight:
Egg Group(s):
Competitive use:
Is it broken?
Pokedex:

More to come.

Last edited:
EDIT: This reminds me of this thread from Gen 6 and this was one of my favorite threads back in the day, short-lived as it was, and I love that.

Fairy / Fighting
Ability: Cute Charm / Anger Point / Sheer Force (HA)
Base stats: 85 / 60 / 70 / 90 / 90 / 111 [506 BST]
Useful Moves You don't have to list the entire movepool - just the moves you think it would actually use
Physical: Steel Wing, Body Slam, Revenge, Counter
Special: Moonblast, Focus Blast, Psychic, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, Flash Cannon, Incinerate, Vacuum Wave, Air Slash, Hex
Status: Taunt, Calm Mind, Work Up, Roost, Toxic, Substitute, Defog
Sprite: Kirlia with pink instead of green and red eyes
Weight: 20 lbs (9 kg)
Size: 2' 9'' (0.838 m)
Egg Group(s): Fairy
Competitive use: As I learned from this here Flying Press article, Fighting is not a great type in Monotype, and part of that is it's inability to set up and remove hazards, and beat Pokemon like Tapu Koko, Toxapex, and Mega Altaria, and Mega Sableye. Angealous aims to fix some of those things. With its Fiary-typing and STAB, Angealous can easily outspeed and heavily damage Mega Altaria, as well as numerous other threatening Dragons like Salamence, opposing Kommo-o, Kyurem, and more. Its Fairy STAB also lets it beat Sableye with ease. Furthermore, it has a great speed tier, so it can revenge kill Latios, Tapu Bulu, and busted Mimikyu as well. Coverage in Psychic also means that it can mess with Toxapex, especially since it's on the special side. Angealous also gives Fighting a reliable hazard remover thanks to Defog and its not terrible bulk of 85/70/90. For Fairy, the Steel and Poison matchups are made a bit better thanks to Angealous' access to STAB Focus Blast and Psychic.

Angealous @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind / Psychic
- Taunt / Psychic / Defog / Vacuum Wave

Angealous @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Kerfluffle Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Altaria-Mega: 398-468 (136.7 - 160.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA (Choice Scarf) Sheer Force Kerfluffle Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Altaria-Mega: 306-360 (105.1 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Kerfluffle Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-Black: 627-741 (160.3 - 189.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Kerfluffle Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Sableye-Mega: 291-346 (95.7 - 113.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Kerfluffle Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 190-226 (62.5 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Kerfluffle Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 221-263 (60.8 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Kerfluffle Flash Cannon vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 239-283 (84.7 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Is it broken?: Even with Sheer Force, Angealous only has 90 Special Attack, so any wall or some bulky attackers that it can't hit super effectively has a good chance to wall it, such as Celesteela, Mantine, and Muk-Alola. Celesteela and Muk in particular don't care about Taunt + Calm Mind, as they murder it with their STABs. Also, Angealous has a great speed tier, but it isn't good enough to allow it to beat Tapu Koko or Crobat 1v1. My only concern with this thing is that it might buff Fairy, an already good type, too much in the effort to buff one of the worst types in Fighting.
Pokedex: Optional.

Last edited:
Oh boy, time to (badly) theorymon for Monotype, a meta I've never played. Prepare for some really stupid stuff.

Ability: Beast Boost
BST: 47 HP / 127 Atk / 97 Def / 127 SpA / 23 SpD / 109 Spe BST 530
Useful moves:
:
Icicle Spear (for breaking Sturdy/Disguise/Focus Sash), Icicle Crash, Flare Blitz, Fire Lash, Low Kick, U-turn, Counter
:
Ice Beam, Blizzard, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat, Mirror Coat
:
Will-o-Wisp, Haze, Taunt
Sprite: Deoxys-speed coloured cyan
Species: Hot Ice
Egg Group: Undiscovered
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 90lbs (40.8kg)
Pokédex Entry: One type of Ultra Beast. Its body is entirely gelatinous, yet hardens in response to external force. / It secretes a viscous fluid that feels extremely cooling yet is hot enough to cause third degree burns.
Inspiration: Gliese 436b, an exoplanet supposedly covered by "hot" ice, non-Newtonian fluids, and tiger balm. I did warn you I was going to make some really stupid stuff.
Competitive Niche: As a Fire-type, it helps on Ice teams in the matchup against Steel and Ice mirror matches. Ice teams already have the option of Mamoswine to help cover Steels but Gelése's Fire STAB deals with stuff like Skarmory, Celesteela, and makes Ferro even less of a threat (it's covered by Superpower on Mamo).
As an Ice type, it helps on Fire teams in the matchup against Ground. While it can't switch into Excadrill or stay in on it during sand, it's very strong against most of the stuff on the viability rankings (provided they aren't scarfed). Dugtrio can beat it one-on-one, but doesn't want to switch into Icicle Spear.

Calcs:

252 SpA Gelése Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 378-446 (90 - 106.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Geése Icicle Spear (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dugtrio: 292-348 (140.3 - 167.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
228 SpA Gelése Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Excadrill: 492-578 (136.2 - 160.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
12 Atk Gelése Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 204-242 (63.1 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
228 SpA Gelése Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 32 SpD Assault Vest Celesteela: 222-264 (55.7 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Note that 228 SpA makes Gelése's Special Attack one point lower than its Speed, allowing you to run Specs if you want raw power right away. You could also run scarf to outrun Excadrill after 1 KO.

Weaknesses: Gelése lacks priority and a setup move (which would make it Naga levels of stupid). It's also weak to SR and common attacking types. Manages to have worse bulk than Kartana. Completely dead weight in the matchup vs. Water.

Is it broken?: If your opponent is at a disadvantage in terms of type, he might as well click x. By my estimate - and I should bear in mind I've never played Monotype - it's easily an A+ or S rank pick for both of its types. It gives Fire teams a much easier time again Dragon and Ground, and gives Ice an easier time against Steel.

Ability: Kingly Majesty (Competitive)
New Ability: Kingly Majesty - Its royalty pressures the opponent's Pokémon, making it unable to activate its Ability.
While Rexechecs is in battle, the abilities of all other active Pokémon are disabled. Any abilities that can 'activate' (e.g. Weather abilities, Intimidate, Defiant, Stance Change, Justified, Trace, Truant) fail, and the text '[Pokémon] cannot activate its [Ability]!' is displayed, e.g.:
[opposing Pelipper's Drizzle!]
[Rexechecs's Kingly Majesty!]
The opposing Pelipper cannot activate its Drizzle!

For abilities that are not 'activated' (e.g. Magic Guard, Regenerator, Levitate), no message is displayed.

BST: 70 HP / 60 Atk / 115 Def / 125 SpA / 65 SpD / 65 Spe BST 510
Useful Moves:
:
Shadow Ball, Power Gem, Earth Power, Checkmate*
:
Stealth Rock, Shore Up, Castling*, Curse, Destiny Bond, Rock Polish?

New Moves:
Checkmate
|
|
| 100 BP | 10 PP | 0 Priority | --% Accuracy | Future Sight clone; halves the opponent's Special Defense if it is the last Pokémon conscious in its Trainer's party.
Castling |
|
| 5 PP | 0 Priority | At the start of the turn, the message '[Pokémon] is set to castle!' is displayed. If the opponent uses any move that would target Rexechecs (a list can be found here), Rexechecs is immediately switched out. Otherwise, the move fails. Does not pass stat changes onto ally Pokémon. Hard coded to only work with Rexechecs (sorry Smeargle) | Z-Castling: The Pokémon that switches in has its HP fully restored.
Sprite: Stakataka coloured khaki (and purple for the 'eyes' I guess)
Species: Crumbling
Egg Group: Amorphous
Height: 7'1"
Weight: 450lbs (204.1kg)
Pokédex Entry: They manifest from the spirits of evil tyrants. Mercilessly pursued by Pawniard and Bisharp, their numbers are few. / Rexechecs exhibit a natural dominance over smaller Ghost Pokémon, whom eventually are compelled to become its underlings. It is extremely obsessive over its own self image.
Inspiration: Chess, Bisharp, Aegislash, Pallosand, and Spiritomb.
Competitive Niche: It has Mold Breaker on steroids; has a move that nets you wins if it's alive; has a move that basically gives you a free tempo... Anything else? On both Rock and Ghost teams, Rexechecs is a valuable Stealth Rock setter as it ignores Magic Bounce and is immune to Rapid Spin. Rock teams acquire a nifty Fighting immunity and a mon that gives sand teams a little more edge in the weather war. Ghost teams... get another slow bulky special attacker. Against mirror matches it's not doing much, I suppose it beats out Shedinja, Cofagrigus and anything else slower than it. One thing to note is that it completely shuts down Magic Guard and Regenerator, potentially hindering the survivability of Reuniclus, Clefable, Toxapex, Slowbro, Tornadus-T and others.
Weaknesses: It's got a case of what I'm going to call 'Ghost/Ground syndrome' - cool typing but fits a specific mould like Pallosand and Golurk: physically very bulky but gets OHKO'd by pretty much any SE special move. I don't think sand is a good enough patch for that base 65 SpD. Its drawbacks are somewhat mitigated by its unique ability and moves.
Is it broken?: I'm not sure if it's broken as much as its ability and moves defines it, in a similar manner to Mimikyu. You can't beat getting a free tempo. I wonder if it's worth setting Castling's PP to 1 to mimic chess castling...

Last edited:
Going to shamelessly copy ebinola's format with the type cards because it looks great

Ability: Dazzling / Ice Body | Flash Fire
Base stats: 65 / 105 / 75 / 115 / 55 / 115 | BST: 530
Useful Moves:
:
Icicle Crash, Flare Blitz, Ice Shard, Thunder Punch
:
Ice Beam, Freeze Dry, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Scald
:
Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Trick
Sprite: Kirlia colored cyan
Weight: 37.8 kg
Size: 1.52 m
Egg Group(s): Humanshape
Competitive use: Tropyre plays to the strengths of its typing by being an absolute glass cannon. This also makes it pair nicely with Aurora Veil which is common on Ice teams. Dazzling and Flash Fire provide Ice teams with immunities that they don't currently have, so it should be valuable for revenge killing the likes of Scizor or Scarf Blacephalon, depending on the ability choice. On Fire teams, it provides an Aqua Jet immunity and and offensive answer to Water-types thanks to Freeze Dry.
Pokedex: They live high in the mountains of northern climates. Legends say they can control the eruptions of volcanos.

Ability: Sap Sipper / Cursed Body | Pressure
Base stats: 110 / 120 / 105 / 60 / 80 / 55 | BST: 530
Useful Moves:
:
Shadow Bone, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Superpower, Aqua Tail, Dragon Tail
:
Shadow Ball, Earth Power
:
Stealth Rock, Will-o-Wisp, Rock Polish, Roar, Shore Up
Sprite: Bastiodon colored pale purple
Weight: 10.3 kg
Size: 2.4 m
Egg Group(s): Monster, Mineral
Competitive use: Stegaton is mostly geared towards Rock-type teams, as it provides two useful immunties for them in Fighting and Grass. It has the amazing STAB move Shadow Bone as well as good coverage in Earthquake and Superpower. Its high attack should help it to fit the offensive nature of Rock teams, while at the same time providing those teams with a useful defensive pivot.
Pokedex: It roams the country side consuming foliage. What it eats simply falls to the ground, however.

Ability: Irradiate ( Mummy clone )
Base stats: 90 / 115 / 90 / 120 / 75 / 110 | BST: 600
Useful Moves:
:
Iron Head, Iron Tail, Extremespeed, Gunk Shot, Wild Charge, Explosion, Fire Fang, Ice Fang
: *
Neutron Blast, Flash Cannon, Clear Smog, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast
:
Parting Shot, Calm Mind, Magnet Rise
*Neutron Blast - Steel-type | 130 BP | Special | 90% acc. | 5-8 PP | Lowers user's SpA by 2 stages. Foe's ability becomes Irradiate.
Sprite: Lycanroc colored purple
Weight: 21.2 kg
Size: 0.5 m
Egg Group(s): Unknown
Competitive use: Lupron is a versatile mixed attacker with multiple ways of suppressing the foe's ability. It can use just about any Choice item to good effect, and both Steel and Poison will appreciate its access to Ice and Fighting coverage.
Pokedex: It absorbs radiation into its body. Legends say it absorbed immense power during an ancient human war.
(based on a Cherynobyl wolf)

Ability: Pickup / Static | Analytic
Base stats: 75 / 115 / 65 / 70 / 80 / 125 | BST: 530
Useful Moves:
:
Crunch, Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Zing Zap, Wild Charge, Play Rough, U-turn, Gunk Shot
:
Volt Switch
:
Switcheroo, Super Fang
Sprite: Yungoos colored black
Weight: 11.1 kg
Size: .4 m
Egg Group(s): Field
Competitive use: Shink provides a physical attacker and Pursuit trapper for Electric teams. With access to Play Rough as well as the ability to trap Lati@s, it would be very helpful for Electric teams against Dragon teams. Gunk Shot will help both Dark and Electric deal with Tapu Bulu. Analytic is a decent ability for a fast revenge killer as it punishes the opponent for switching out.
Pokedex: A tiny, yet ferocious predator, Shink can hunt down Diglett in their own burrows. Using blinding speed, it strikes foes twice its size with a lethal bite.

Ability: Strong Jaw / Steadfast | Puppy-Dog Eyes
Puppy-Dog Eyes - Lowers enemy's SpA by 1 stage upon switching in.
Base stats: 80 / 125 / 95 / 50 / 80 / 80 | BST: 510
Useful Moves:
:
Play Rough, Close Combat, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Wild Charge, Crunch, Pursuit, Psychic Fangs
:
No viable special moves
:
Bulk Up, Stealth Rock
Sprite: Stoutland colored Pink
Weight: 23.7 kg
Size: 1 m
Competitive use: Chapbull provides Fighting teams with a specially defensive pivot and Stealth Rock user, patching up some of their defensive holes and freeing up Terrakion to run a fully offensive set. Strong Jaw is also an option, powering up a bunch of coverage moves of types that are beneficial to Fighting teams such as Ice, Electric, Psychic, and Dark. Psychic Fangs gives it a way to break screens as well, which could prove crucial against a variety of offensive Dual Screens teams such as Fairy.
Pokedex: Despite the boulder-crushing strength of their jaws, their endearing appearance has made them popular as pets. They will fight unblinkingly in defence of their trainer.

Last edited:

Ability: Flash Fire / Ice Body
Base stats: 80 / 60 / 80 / 110 / 110 / 85 [525]
Useful Moves
: N/A
: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Overheat, Blizzard, Focus Blast, Solar Beam
: Recover, Will-O-Wisp, Healing Wish, Calm Mind
Sprite: Magmortar recolored with some blue
Weight: 110 lbs, 50 kg
Size: 4'6'' ft, 1.4 m
Egg Group(s): Human-like
Competitive use: For Ice teams, Frozorch provides another Steel neutrality and useful Fire immunity, as well as resistances to Fairy, Grass, and Bug. Its Fire STAB and access to Focus Blast assists Ice teams in beating Steel types and opposing Ice teams. For Fire teams, Frozorch's Ice STAB allows it to hit Dragon and Flying types hard. It has decent special attack and special bulk, and it can run Calm Mind sets and Z-Solar Beam sets. Fire Blast and Ice Beam hit decently hard, and it isn't too slow either.
Is it broken?: Ice/Fire provides a 4x weakness to Rock and Stealth Rock, exasperating that major weakness of both Ice and Fire teams. Ice/Fire also has difficulty hitting opposing Fire and Water types, with Fire-types resisting Solar Beam too. Outside of that and Focus Blast, Frozorch also lacks in coverage, making it predictable.
Pokedex: Frozorch's skin is constantly aflame yet cold to the touch. It can control the temperature of its fire at will, which it uses in battle.

Ability: Woodworker* / Cursed Body
Woodworker - Boosts the power of this Pokemon's Grass-type moves by 50%.
Base stats: 70 / 105 / 90 / 100 / 75 / 75 [515]
Useful Moves
: Stone Edge, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Wood Hammer, Horn Leech, Earthquake
: Power Gem, Shadow Ball, Giga Drain, Earth Power
: Stealth Rock, Will-O-Wisp, Rock Polish, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Forest's Curse, Grudge, Taunt
Sprite: Trevenant recolored dark brown and black
Weight: 476 lbs, 216 kg
Size: 6'3'' ft, 1.9 m
Egg Group(s): Amorphous / Mineral
Competitive use: Rock teams appreciate Petrectre's Fighting immunity and its ability to run special attacking sets. Ghost teams like having a new Stealth Rock user as well as its Flying resistance. Petrectre has access to both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot to run physical or special sets. Woodworker gives it a pseudo-STAB which can usefully hit Water and Ground types super effectively, helping Rock teams especially. A double dance set can be run with Swords Dance/Nasty Plot and Rock Polish.
Is it broken?: Rock/Ghost is bad defensively, with weaknesses to Ground, Water, Grass, Dark, Ghost, and Steel. Its base offenses are not high enough to be really threatening without a boost, allowing opponents to switch in and threaten it because of its many weaknesses. It is also slow and not very bulky.
Pokedex: Petrectre came to life when the spirits of the dead possessed tree trunks in an ancient petrified forest.

Ability: Levitate / Fumigate*
Fumigate - Boosts the power of Normal-type attacks by 20% and changes them to Poison-type.
Base stats: 100 / 130 / 120 / 90 / 80 / 80 [600]
Useful Moves
: Iron Head, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Rapid Spin, Return, Explosion, Earthquake, Head Smash, Stone Edge
: Sludge Bomb/Wave, Flash Cannon, Uproar, Clear Smog, Earth Power, Power Gem
: Baneful Bunker, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, Recover, Metal Burst
Sprite: Minior-Meteor recolored gray with purple gas
Weight: 276 lbs, 125 kg
Size: 6'10'' ft, 2.1 m
Competitive use: Volaplosid gives Poison teams a strong physical attacker and alternative Stealth Rock setter and hazard control, as well as another check to Psychic teams. Steel teams benefit from its Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin support. Volaplosid is a strong offensive hazard setter and spinner, with Fumigate turning Explosion into a powerful Poison-type nuke.
Is it broken?: If not running Levitate, Volaplosid has an exploitable 4x Ground weakness. Its STAB combo is resisted by opposing Steel types, with airborne ones like Celesteela and Skarmory not being afraid of Earthquake or Stone Edge either.
Pokedex:

Ability: Gluttony / Galvanize
Base stats: 90 / 120 / 90 / 70 / 80 / 75 [525]
Useful Moves
: Double-Edge, Return, Wild Charge, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Throat Chop, Crunch, Knock Off, Power Trip, Earthquake, Superpower, Zen Headbutt, Iron Head
: Volt Switch
: Taunt, Bulk Up, Thunder Wave
Sprite: Emboar recolored yellow and black
Weight: 265 lbs, 120 kg
Size: 4'11'' ft, 1.5 m
Competitive use: Provides a physical attacker for Electric teams that helps against Psychic teams. Dark teams appreciate its ability to hit Water-types super effectively. Galvanize turns Double-Edge or Return into stronger Electric STABs. Thunderusa provides Electric teams with a strong Pursuit trapper and Sucker Puncher, and it has decent coverage options.
Is it broken?: Susceptible to hazards and being worn down, and it is also rather slow.
Pokedex: Thunderusa tusks curve and coil around the sides of their heads, generating electric shocks that can be fired at opponents.

Ability: Competitive / Defiant
Base stats: 70 / 95 / 80 / 110 / 80 / 95 [530]
Useful Moves
: Close Combat, High Jump Kick, Sacred Sword, Play Rough, Zen Headbutt, Leaf Blade, Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Mach Punch, U-turn, Knock Off, Stone Edge, Poison Jab
: Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave, Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball
: Recover, Refresh, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Agility
Sprite: Gallade-Mega recolored pink
Weight: 105 lbs, 47.5 kg
Size: 5'0'' ft, 1.5 m
Egg Group(s): Human-like / Amorphous
Competitive use: Nymphoria provides Fighting teams with a strong special attacker with the ability to take on Ghost/Dark types like Mega Sableye as well as its Dragon immunity. Fairy teams benefit from its Fighting STAB that hits Steel and Normal types super effectively, and it has a good speed stat. Nymphoria has the ability to go physical or special with its abilities and set up moves. It has a wide movepool, especially physically, and it has STAB Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave for physical and special priority. Both of its abilities discourage Defog and Intimidate.
Is it broken?: Fairy/Fighting is resisted by Poison-types, which doesn't help Fairy or Fighting teams. Besides its Dragon immunity, Nymphoria doesn't provide much bulk or defensive backbone to its team, and it has several weaknesses, including to the Steel-types it is supposed to beat.
Pokedex: Nymphoria live in groups deep in forests, led by the strongest individual. Its competitive spirit fuels its unwavering will to battle.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Abilities: Sand Rush / Sand Force / Intimidate
Stats: 70 / 103 / 93 / 110 / 70 / 75 (BST: 521)
Useful Moves
: Stone Edge, Shadow Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Shadow Sneak, Thunder/Ice/Fire Fang, U-turn, Outrage
: Shadow Ball, Ancient Power, Earth Power, Dragon Pulse
: Dragon Dance, Calm Mind, Glare, Coil, Stealth Rock

Sprite: kof kof Serperior colored light brown with some deep purple
Weight: 367.3 kg
Height: 6.7 m

Egg Group: Amorphous, Dragon

Competitive Use
Rock:
Something to core with Tyranitar. With a wide variety of moves, it can take on multiple threats by surprise. It's advantageous typing gives it an immunity to fight, and thanks to its access to earthquake/earth power every steel types fear it.
Ghost: Intimidate is an ability that goes really well with ghost teams since it let Spirattler pivot on offensive powerhouses like gengar, marowak-a or blace so they can take a hit. It also has a lot of cool options like stealth rock and of course multiple set-up options.
Is it broken?: It's pretty frail on the special side. Also, he doesn't have that much power until you use a set-up move. Also Rock/Ghost is a pretty underwhelming typing to begin with
Pokedex: Spirattler lives in the desert and is active mostly during the night. Using the rattle he has at the tip of its tail, it draws spirits of lost voyagers to him, only to eat them mercilessly.

Abilities: Datamining (Upon switchin, reveal all of the opponent's moves) / Analytic
Stats: 83 / 71 / 73 / 101 / 121 / 131 (BST: 580)
Useful Moves
: Knock Off, Iron Head
: Flash Cannon, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Volt Switch, Discharge, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power, Extrasensory, Metal Burst, Shadow Ball
: Nasty Plot, Switcheroo, Toxic, Taunt

Sprite: I'm not a big fan of that part tbh Klingklang recolored in light grey and indigo
Weight: 566.3 kg
Height: 1.5 m
Egg Group: Unknown

Competitive Use: It has different uses for both types. In poison, Cryptech provides a necessary niche that is hard to fulfill: a powerful special set up sweeper. With a high natural speed and an access to Nasty Plot, it can take on many defensive threats that would wall most of poison teams. It can also stop psychic spam with a neutral resist and a high special def. In steel-types team, it gives a lot of speed and can function as a scout with its new ability, Datamining.
Is it broken?: Quad weak to ground, has a hard time against walls if not running nasty plot. Walled by steel-types.
Pokedex: Cryptech was originally a virtual pokemon used by a hacker to collect data by itself. Since he's found a body, he gained the ability to infect living organism and to safeguard their data.

Last edited:
Ebinola The legendary for this slate is the Poison / Steel type, so could you please reduce the stats of Gelese to 530 BST or below and give it a different ability? Thanks.
I misinterpreted that as your submission was only allowed to have 1 legendary per slate, although I do think Pika Xreme brings up a fair point.

Looks cool, I'll join

Name: Pyrice: the frostburn pokemon
Type: Fire/Ice
Abilities: Sheer Force / Flash Fire /
Magic Guard
Base stats:
HP: 80
Atk: 45
Def: 85
SpA: 125
SpD: 85
Spe: 110
Total: 530
Physical moves:
is a special attacker, so it wouldn't run physical moves
Special moves: Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Freeze-Dry, Blizzard(in hail), Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam
Status moves: Calm Mind, Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, Destiny Bond, Nasty Plot

Sprite: An orange froslass with light blue skin and Obi. Everything else that's light blue stays light blue.
Weight: 45.6 lbs/ 20.7 kg
Competitive use: Pyrice is a special scarf/sweeper that helps out with types that fire teams struggle with, such as Dragon and Ground, and 'mons such as peliper and Swampert on Water with STAB freeze-dry. It also can be run as a fire immunity for Ice, to help out with that matchup.
Is it broken?: Pyrice is pretty frail, and combined with its poor defensive typing, it can easily be KOed. Also, it's very easy to wear down with hazards if it doesn't run Magic Guard.

Ice/Fire
Ability: Analytic
Base Stats: 80/115/99/115/106/15 [530 BST]
Useful Moves
Physical
: Flare Blitz, Take Down, Fire Punch, Frosty Spear, Body Slam, Heated Spear, Brick Break, Superpower, Flame Charge
Special: Change in Temperature, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Freeze-Dry, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt
Change in Temperature | Ice | Special | 16 PP | 100 BP | 100% | Super effective on Water.

Heated Spear | Fire | Physical | 24 PP | 105 BP | 85%

Frosty Spear | Ice | Physical | 24 PP | 105 BP | 85%
Sprite: Red Golurk
Weight: 420 pounds
Competitive Use: It would be a Special or mixed sweeper.
Is it broken?: It's slow, and doesn't have that much coverage.
Pokedex: Tempychiller was a scientist who turned himself into a Pokemon to rival Volcanion. Temperature is measured on its body.
Steel/Poison
Ability: Long Reach | Keen Eye | [HA] Stakeout
Base Stats: 100/65/80/55/75/20 [395 BST]
Useful Moves
Physical
: Poison Jab, Sacred Sword, Bullet Seed, Iron Head, Feather Gun
Special: Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Flash Cannon, Sleepy Darts
Status: Swords Dance, Sharp Sword, Hunting Decoy, Produce, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Toxic Thread, Sticky Web, Leech Seed, Mystery Box, Stealth Rock, Hone Claws
Feather Gun | Flying | Physical | 16 PP | 30 BP | 90% | Hits 3-4 times.

Sleepy Darts | Poison | Special | 16 PP | 20 BP | 100% | Hits 2-5 times. Each hit has a 5% chance to ensleep.

Sharp Sword | Steel | Status | 32 PP | Raises the user's Attack by 3. | Z-Effect: Cures stat drops.

Hunting Decoy | Steel | Status | 16 PP | Similar to Substitute. 50% max health is taken instead of 25. The user can only use one move while behind the decoy, but it has +1 priority (and 1.2x BP if it's an attack). | Z-Effect: Cures stat drops.

Produce | Normal | Status | 64 PP | If the user isn't holding an item, it gains a random one. Can only generate items that can be Knocked Off. | Z-Effect: Raises the user's Defense by 1.

Mystery Box | Normal | Status | 32 PP | The user uses a random non-Status move. | Z-Effect: The selected move becomes its corresponding Z-Move.
Sprite: Gray Scolipede
Weight: 369 pounds
Competitive Use: It has access to many hazards, so it can be a suicide lead. It can also take a risky approach and become a sweeper using Hunting Decoy, with or without Sharp Sword.
Is it broken?: It has low attacking stats, and only average defending stats. Hunting Decoy makes it a better attacker, but takes away half of its health.
Dark/Electric
Ability: Levitate
Base Stats: 120/35/110/102/110/40 [517 BST]
Useful Moves
Physical: Sucker Punch, Thunder Punch, Seismic Toss, Wild Charge
Special: Clear Smog, Dark Pulse, Jelly Blast, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Scald, Hydro Pump, Hurricane, Discharge, Shadow Ball
Jelly Blast | Dark | Special | 8 PP | 110 BP | 85% | 10% chance to paralyze.

Wet Wind | Water | Status | 32 PP | For 5 turns, it cannot be made sunny. If it is already sunny (unless it's intense sun), the sun is removed. | Z-Effect: Raises the user's Attack by 1.
Sprite: Gray Darkrai
Weight: .1 pounds
Egg Group(s): Amorphous and Monster
Competitive Use: It's a bulky Special sweeper. It gets Electric STAB without being punished for it.
Is it broken?: It's slow. It lacks accuracy in Hydro Pump, Hurricane, Thunder, and Jelly Blast.
Pokedex: Dizapstrus is electrically charged with lightning. It can create multiple kinds of dangerous weather while it roams overhead.

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ideas from a current gen mono player:

Fairy / Fighting
Ability: Guts, Triage, HA: Last Chance (Custap Berry for an ability, reusable if health is restored above 25% and back down to it.)
Base Stats: 100/105/75/37/63/95 = 475 BST
Useful Moves:
Physical:
Drain Punch, Close Combat, Lights Out, Play Rough, Stomping Tantrum, Poison Jab, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Rapid Spin, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt
Lights Out / Fighting / Physical / 16 PP / 50 BP / 95% / Hits 2 times. 10% chance to make foe sleep or confused.

Sprite: Hitmonchan with pink gloves, a contender's cap, and tattered clothing.
Weight: 157 lbs.
Competitive use: Fairy-types are susceptible primarily to three things, Steel-types, status, and hazard control. Having Guts and Rapid Spin make it a reliable switch in to foes such as Toxapex that would otherwise destroy common Fairies, and spinning is useful for control, especially when Ghost usage is at an all time low. Elemental Punches, Triage, and good STABs + coverage make it so that Steel-types are handled easier on Fairy.
Is it broken?: Abusable, but not broken. Balance teams run Monotype at the moment, with powerful cores such as Toxapex + Mantine, Skarmory + Zapdos, among other things. Running Guts over Triage will give you the edge vs. Status, but not vs. Steel. Running Triage over Guts forces Drain Punch, and potentially no other priority. Last chance may be a saving grace, but you'd be destroyed by better priority before you get the chance. Each ability, having their own drawbacks and compliments, are desirable for what type you attempt to build against.

Concept taken (along w/ some easter eggs) from Cinderella Man, James. J Braddock.

Steel / Poison
Ability: Merciless
Base Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 = 600 BST (Mythical)
Useful Moves:
Physical:
Knock Off, Poison Jab, Smart Strike, U-Turn, Malpractice
Special: Sludge Bomb, Flash Cannon, Flamethrower, Scald, Thunderbolt
Status: Recover, Refresh, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, Nuclerupt, Baneful Bunker
Malpractice / Poison / Physical / 32 PP / 20 BP / 100% / Foe becomes badly poisoned. 10% to lower foe's Speed.
Nuclerupt / Poison / Status / 8 PP / - / 100% / All Pokemon, including the user, are badly poisoned, regardless of typing.

Sprite: Jirachi gone nuclear (black and green)
Weight: 2.4 lbs.
Competitive use: It is the balance breaker that will set the pace of the battle, or destroy it because of the vast status moves at its disposal. Coupled with Merciless, a wall doesn't exist.
Broken?: Tbh, the typing isn't much to be desired. Steel already has the edge vs what Poison already beats, (Grass, Fairy, Normal), so for Poison, it'd be another Psychic neutrality. The typing also is subpar, considering the allowance of Landorus-I and Dugtrio into Monotype. While it's certainly cool, its definitely not as broken as people believe it to be.

Last edited:
Malpractice / Poison / Physical / 32 PP / 20 BP / 100% / Nearly always goes first. Breaks protection. Foe becomes badly poisoned (bar Steel and Poison types) (+3 priority)
This move seems pretty unbalanced to me. It's not going to be dealing much damage itself but having guaranteed poison on a non steel or poison mon is already really strong without it giving all of your moves a 1.5x boost.

Haven't Played monotype since Gen 5, so this has given me an excuse to go check it out again.
Gonna steal formatting from Ebinola and Scoopapa because, again, it looks really good.

Ability: Sand Force / Cursed Body (Levitate)
Base stats: 68/78/94/118/48/124 BST: 530
Useful Moves:
: Stone Edge, Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Leach Life, U-Turn, Pursuit, Crunch, Elemental Fangs
: Power Gem, Earth Power, Shadow Ball, Hex, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Flamethrower, Weather Ball
: Will-o-Wisp, Substitute, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Pain Split, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Rock Polish
Sprite: Brown Luxray
Weight: 22 Lbs (~10 Kg)
Size: 4'9"
Egg Group(s): Amorphus
Competitive use: For Rock, this is the only naturally fast special attacker. It is also immune to both Fighting and Ground, meaning that it will find many potential switch in opportunities to cover it's allies weaknesses. It works especially well with Tyranitar, as they not only cover each other's type weaknesses very well, but Cursphinx can use the Sand Storm provided by T-Tar to patch up its weaker Sp. Def, and also gives it the option of using Rock type Weather Ball over the weaker, (although more reliable) Power Gem. It would also be the naturally fastest Rock type not named Aerodactyl, it's high base 124 speed allows it to outpace several notable offensive Threats, especially Greninja, which it can check with it's Super Effective coverage moves.
For Ghost, Cursphinx can be played similarly to a Levitating Gengar from previous gens, just with less power and more speed. The biggest differences between the two come from movepool, where Cursphinx really shines. Cursphinx can provide Stealth Rock to a team, something that only 3 other Ghost types can do, Has Better Coverage thanks to Flamethrower and Earth Power, and has potential to be a sweeper with Nasty Plot, AND can Pivot and scout switches with U-Turn.
Pokedex: An ancient people used these Pokemon to protect the tombs of their Rulers. It's said that Cursphinx will place a curse anyone that has stolen from graves or tombs, that will last until the item is returned.

Gonna Edit another submission into this post later tonight.

OK Everyone, it is voting time! Vote for one Pokemon of each type combination. You can vote for one of your own Pokemon. Voting closes at 9 am GMT on Monday. You can change your votes - just go back and edit them before the deadline. Good luck!

My votes

Fire / Ice: Contrunion
Rock / Ghost: Spirattler
Steel / Poison: Cryptech
Dark / Electric: Thunderusa
Fairy / Fighting: Chapbull

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)