Monotype Cup Monotype Cup Playoffs [Won by Attribute]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Round 3:
8. Rinda vs 13. Toadow
7. XSTATIC COLD vs 11. Attribute

All rounds will be Best of Five's!
Higher seed chooses which generation to play first. The loser will then pick which generation is played next.
ALL REPLAYS NEED TO BE POSTED IN THE THREAD.
Deadline for this round is Sunday, May 28th @ 10:00 PM EST (GMT-4)

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Round 4
8. Rinda vs 11. Attribute

Congratulations to both of you for making it this far!
There is no set deadline for this round but please do not wait two weeks to play the series.
SV Monotype will remain in the pre-home metagame
As always higher seed chooses which gen starts the series!​

Last edited:

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
Won vs. RindaOkami, ggs.
Game 1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8monotype-695313
Game 2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9monotype-695316
Game 3: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7monotype-695318
Game 4: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6monotype-695327

Some corny, unorganized thoughts but idc:

Wanted to start off this post by saying I absolutely love monotype oldgens. I don't know what it is about them, maybe it's because I usually suck at CG, maybe it's because I feel like they're often unexplored and I feel some weird responsibility to try and "advance" the meta... whatever it is they always have a special place in my heart regardless of what the future holds for me on this website. You don't really get to play these tiers often in a competitive format aside from MPL which is a bummer, though whenever tournaments like these come around I always make sure to give my maximum effort. I put in a lot of time towards these playoffs regarding building and team selection, often stressing myself out and most of the time waiting until the last minute to put something together, so to see all of it pay off, especially starting off qualifiers with 1 point total across 3 cups, is absolutely satisfying and is still something I haven't processed yet. Would like to give a shoutout to those who supported me along the way, especially those close to me; they know how much I wanted this win. Special shoutout to Starfox. for testing SV with me during playoffs. I knew if I wanted to win this tournament I would have to not be awful at SV and try to build new stuff (this really applied to all the gens but whatever lol) so knowing which ideas were good and which are trash when testing with you had a significant impact here. Not too happy with a few of the games I played in these playoffs (SV vs ikiarihS, SS vs Static, SS and ORAS vs Rinda off the top of my head) so there is always room for improvement, but I think (or hope) I am at least headed in the right direction. Thank you to my opponents for helping me learn something with our series one way or another.
2023 has been really good to me, let's see what the rest of year has in store :heart:. See you all in MPL!
- local(culator) pedestrian

After mushamu's and trich's victories in the circuit, I'm really satisfied to see once again that we're playing a game where the best players end up winning it all. Congrats Attribute, highly deserved.
Due to several changes IRL, I decided that this was going to be my last tournament here. I'm pleased to end my journey on smogon with this final, following a victory in the last MPL with thunders and reaching the circuit's semis this year. Huge thanks to AtraX Madara for the massive help during this tournament, and to Cielau, Mateeus, and crashy in the final!

Good luck to all for MPL and enjoy the SV Home metagame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)