Monotype Cup Monotype Cup Playoffs [Won by Attribute]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Art by Swiffix

Welcome to the 2023 Monotype Cup Playoffs! This is what the different Monotype Cups have been leading up to, we now finally have our 16 playoff contestants. The whole tournament will be hosted in this thread. The winner of this tournament will receive a banner for winning Monotype Cup, as well as a cash prize.​

Prize Distribution:
1st:
300 USD
2nd: 100 USD
3rd: 50 USD

SPECIFIC RULES
  • The matchups are seeded and work identically to Monotype Circuit Playoffs. The higher seed player will choose the first generation played in each series. The loser of the game will pick the next generation played.
  • All rounds will be Best of Five.
  • This tournament will be SINGLE Elimination
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! You must play on either smogtours or the main server. All other servers will not count even if you win!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
  • MAKE SURE TO POST YOUR REPLAYS. ALL REPLAYS MUST BE POSTED IN THE THREAD FOR IT TO COUNT!

1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
1. Crashy - 35 Points
2. Dieu Amphibien - 32 Points
3. kythr - 29 Points
4. Leru - 29 Points
5. Meta - 27 Points
6. ikiarihS - 26 Points
7. XSTATIC COLD - 25 Points
8. Rinda - 25 Points
9. tMoi - 24 Points
10. Elfuseon - 23 Points
11. Attribute - 22 Points
12. Mihowk - 20 Points
13. Toadow - 20 Points
14. Chaitanya - 20 Points
15. QuinnXD - 19 Points
16. roxie - 19 Points

Round 4
8. @Rinda vs 11. @Attribute

Round 1:
1. crashy vs. 16. roxie
2. Dieu Amphibien vs. 15. QuinnXD
3. kythr vs 14. Chaitanya
4. Leru vs. 13. Toadow
5. Meta vs. 12. Mihowk
6. ikiarihS vs 11. Attribute
7. XSTATIC COLD vs 10. Elfuseon
8. Rinda vs 9. tMoi

Round 2:
1. crashy vs 8. Rinda
15. QuinnXD vs 7. XSTATIC COLD
3. kythr vs 11. Attribute
13. Toadow vs 5. Meta

Round 3:
8. Rinda vs 13. Toadow
7. XSTATIC COLD vs 11. Attribute

All rounds will be Best of Five's!
Higher seed chooses which generation to play first. The loser will then pick which generation is played next.
ALL REPLAYS NEED TO BE POSTED IN THE THREAD.
Deadline for this round is Sunday, May 21st @ 10:00 PM EST (GMT-4)

Last edited:

Azick

Love Sosa
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
1. crashy vs. 16. roxie - Roxie probably takes SS but crashy is the BW dude from what I know and with a strong SV and SM performance he's been on fire and I think he got it.
2. Dieu Amphibien vs. 15.QuinnXD - Half Venezuelan diff - same w crash dieu been on fire I don't he's dropping early
3. kythr vs 14. Chaitanya - Don't know kythr super well though he's obviously a great player, cool mu and I think it'll be close but slight edge to chait.
4. Leru vs. 13. Toadow - Also don't really know Leru but Toadow is always performing great in mono tours, good prepper and player, think it goes to him without act..
5. Meta vs. 12. Mihowk - Meta's a great player and has the oldgen experience but if Miho wants it and preps well it'll be a good series.
6. ikiarihS vs 11. Attribute - fodder slot, jk love you shira but definitely gotta favor attri here, great w all gens and has the experience to play strong bo5s without getting burnt out, think this might be his tour
7. XSTATIC COLD vs 10. Elfuseon - Not a lot to say, think Elfu is the better player here
8. Rinda vs 9. tMoi - most excited for this matchup, both awesome players and I think its gonna be super close. Slight edge to Rinda but it can definitely go either way

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
My (superior to azick) predictions:

1. crashy vs. 16. roxie - crashy seems allergic to losing lately and is an amazing oldgens player. Gotta go with him.
2. Dieu Amphibien vs. 15. QuinnXD - Frog man has been en fuego lately, Quinn is good too but it's hard to see Dieu losing here.
3. kythr vs 14. Chaitanya - Kythr's been on fire lately but Chait is Chait. Gonna be one hell of a series.
4. Leru vs. 13. Toadow - Idk much about Toadow but I know Leru is cracked so...
5. Meta vs. 12. Mihowk - Gotta rep my kickoff teammate. He's also done really well in cups.
6. ikiarihS vs 11. Attribute - ik Shira is good but betting against attri seems like a bad idea...
7. XSTATIC COLD vs 10. Elfuseon - Elfu has done well and xstatic seems cteam-able.
8. Rinda vs 9. tMoi - Rinda gets the W if he remembers that valiant is slower than gren in a critical situation /s. Jokes aside, both are great players here and should be a tremendous series but giving tMoi a slight edge.

GL and HF to everyone!

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
1. crashy vs. 16. roxie
2. Dieu Amphibien vs. 15. QuinnXD
3. kythr vs 14. Chaitanya
4. Leru vs. 13. Toadow
5. Meta vs. 12. Mihowk
6. ikiarihS vs 11. Attribute
7. XSTATIC COLD vs 10. Elfuseon
8. Rinda vs 9. tMoi

Attribute is my favorite to win the whole thing. Potential other winners being crashy/chait/leru. GL to all

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
act scheduled 9:30, rushed home from hospital and tried to reschedule 2 hours before my follow up apt but made the time at 9:57 (within 30 min) and have been waiting. scheduling sent to hosts (if he comes online tonight ill play)

Elfuseon

is a Top Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
bw replay: Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Ggs, was clearly not my day i had 2 impossible matchups in the last 2 gens, but i had it in bw so its alright. Gl in rest to the remaining players.

Ps : j'ai pas tenté de te counter team sauf en bw, mais t'avais juste une team de jouer donc voilà. Le hasard a voulu que tu choisisses cette gen en premier haha

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
bw replay: Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Ggs, was clearly not my day i had 2 impossible matchups in the last 2 gens, but i had it in bw so its alright. Gl in rest to the remaining players.

Ps : j'ai pas tenté de te counter team sauf en bw, mais t'avais juste une team de jouer donc voilà. Le hasard a voulu que tu choisisses cette gen en premier haha
ty

yeah i got good mus in ss + sm.. happens

Ouais en bw j ai joué trop "safe" car j'ai gagné enormement avec cette team et vu que personne joue dark/ ghost, j'ai voulu jouer psy..

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Round 2:
1. crashy vs 8. Rinda
15. QuinnXD vs 7. XSTATIC COLD
3. kythr vs 11. Attribute
13. Toadow vs 5. Meta

All rounds will be Best of Five's!
Higher seed chooses which generation to play first. The loser will then pick which generation is played next.
ALL REPLAYS NEED TO BE POSTED IN THE THREAD.
Deadline for this round is Sunday, May 21st @ 10:00 PM EST (GMT-4)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)