Pending Modlog Improvement suggestions

XpRienzo

Would I lie to you?
Noticed the thing had changed while I was away. I don't have a lot of suggestions, just a couple which make more sense to me.

1) Default to UserID search when doing /ml x. Most of the time the staff look for a history of a user when doing this. This increases efficiency of searching users a lot, and should probably be an easy implement. Probably could keep displaying the infobox that details the command arguments while also doing the userid search.

2) Have the GUI for modlog have the ability to take the arguments directly with separate textboxes for each argument. Considering how tickets and chatlogs work this should be doable.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
1) Default to UserID search when doing /ml x. Most of the time the staff look for a history of a user when doing this. This increases efficiency of searching users a lot, and should probably be an easy implement. Probably could keep displaying the infobox that details the command arguments while also doing the userid search.
You can type /mlid [x] to get this effect.
2) Have the GUI for modlog have the ability to take the arguments directly with separate textboxes for each argument. Considering how tickets and chatlogs work this should be doable.
Keeping in mind that every modlog argument can take multiple inputs, is there a benefit to this beyond not having to type /ml? You'd have to type basically everything else the same, given how PS's serverside HTML inputs work.

XpRienzo

Would I lie to you?
I think default behaviour to userid will be better than having another alias command to the same effect as it somewhat keeps it compatible with legacy behavior, there's been way too many times in the last week my muscle memory just makes me type /ml x. Might just be me being extremely used to old behaviour and not getting the time to adjust with the new one yet.

For the GUI, you also don't have to state the arg=y in a particular modlog query. Just somewhat enhances the end user experience. That said I don't remember much about how PS did or does HTML so I assumed multiple text boxes for multiple arguments could be possible.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I think default behaviour to userid will be better than having another alias command to the same effect as it somewhat keeps it compatible with legacy behavior, there's been way too many times in the last week my muscle memory just makes me type /ml x. Might just be me being extremely used to old behaviour and not getting the time to adjust with the new one yet.
Yeah, sorry, this one's gonna stay as it is (defaulting to room search).

For the GUI, you also don't have to state the arg=y in a particular modlog query. Just somewhat enhances the end user experience. That said I don't remember much about how PS did or does HTML so I assumed multiple text boxes for multiple arguments could be possible.
Given how PS's HTML works, this would either still have to happen or would require some very messy code. Does it provide enough of a benefit to be worth it? (this is a genuine question, not rhetorical)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)