Miracle Shooter Discussion

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Miracle Shooter is one of the interesting new additions to the metagame. To recap what items you can access via Miracle Shooter: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/battle.shtml#miracle

On first glance, the Pokemon I think this will help the most are Pokemon who can only be checked once in a game, since they can soak up a status, and can come back in later for a sweep. As a side note, it also helps to remove instances of "bs hax" by giving access to awakening etc. within 3 turns(1 point on turn of status, and 3 more points on subsequent turns), meaning a sleeping mon is significantly less deadweight as it can be used for sleep clause purproses, and can be awakened later.

Another interesting group of items are the X items. X items look like they could aid the likes of Zuruggu by adding on bulk every few turns. Full Heals also seem pretty useless, because you can get your intended effect with just 3 points instead of wasting 5.

Revives are probably going to be uncommon, because getting 11 points is not a joke whn your opponent is busy tanking up his Pokemon on those 11 turns with his own MS items.

Finally, Potions look like a dominating force. They get 75% to 100% of a Pokemon's health usually, meaning a near-dead sweeper can use this as a clutch to get back into the match.

Discuss Miracle Shooter's effect on Little Cup.

P.S.: Back your statements with proper evidence. I don't want people just whining "MS is gonna be broken" or "so and so Pokemon is gonna be broken" here without backing up their statement with calcs or arguments.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well Potion will be incredibly broken, because it's like a Berry Juice, (which is banned) and it only costs 2 points. The only reason it would be a problem in LC is because it requires such little points compared to standard play. I think Miracle Shooter could add some cool variety to the game, but will definitely require suspect testing.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
DW, you do realise this is not going to be allowed in normal LC?

But yeah, Potion is incredibly good, X items are pretty awesome as well. Stall becomes less potent because the longer the match lasts, the more likely it is that I will get the chance to give my Gligar +6 and win.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Ice-eyes: This is just a discussion thread, since I think we *should* test MS if it gets implemented on PO for the sake of completeness.

You do bring up an interesting point about stall. Maybe Miracle Shooter could help counteract Evo Stone a little?

The thing that interests me the most is the potential this has for stall in LC. Every two turns you gain an item to restore one of your Pokemon back to almost full health. That's amazing, and could make stall a lot more accessible in LC (I say accessible because I think stall is actually very viable in LC, you just have to play it differently).

SkyNet

MediEvil!
Well first off I really don't see the point in discussing a game mechanic that is never going to see the light of day in any metagame, do we even know that MS is going to be implemented on PO?

just seems like a waste of time discussing MS atm.

I agree. However, MS does open up several posibilities for breaking the meta, firstly, Poition, just when we declared Berry Juice to be 'broken' thanks to Dual Screen supported DD Bagon back in Gen IV.

That aside, this bends over the rules of the game more than anything before, since Stall Teams could become pretty much unbreakable while tanking turns with Protect / Substitute / Slack Off and other assorted moves, and once 11 turns pass, a member comes back, and Stall becomes even harder to defeat. Or say the KO was picked up by means of a good prediction, then Revive would make prediction a lot easier, since you could just Revive the lost member, and play cautiously depending on how it was last KO'ed.

Miracle Shooter itself is not so bad, but the items that are allowed could be the ones to break the meta. Still, let's hope this never sees the light of day.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
From the one battle I've seen with MS, no matter how flawed it might be, MS makes setup far easier than it should be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)