Battle Spot Mimikyu

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[SET]
name: Disruptor
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 2: Curse
move 3: Play Rough
move 4: Shadow Sneak / Phantom Force / Taunt
item: Bright Powder
ability: Disguise
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Disguise and Thunder Wave, Mimikyu is an extremely disruptive Pokemon that can cripple common sweepers such as Zacian-C and Calyrex-S, leaving them open for a Dynamax sweeper to pick off.

* Curse dealing 25% damage per turn and often KOing Mimikyu makes it a perfect opportunity for sweepers to come in.

* Play Rough is useful for giving Mimikyu a way to deal damage to Taunt Yveltal, and it also lets Mimikyu OHKO Urshifu-S.

* Shadow Sneak is great for picking off weakened foes if Mimikyu doesn't come in early in the match, and it's particularly good at picking off weakened Calyrex-S.

* Phantom Force lets Mimikyu stall out Dynamax turns when needed.

* Taunt blocks Stealth Rock from the likes of Hippowdon and Landorus-T, and it's useful for gaining an edge against defensive Pokemon in general.

* Wood Hammer can be used to surprise Quagsire and Seismitoad with massive damage.

* Note that bulky Necrozma-DM will shrug off anything Mimikyu throws at it, can stack Dragon Dance boosts, and ignores Disguise with Sunsteel Strike. Pokemon that can nullify abilities, such as Cinderace and Rillaboom under Gigantamax, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem-W, also are very difficult to cripple.

* Make sure to use this Mimikyu with good Dynamax sweepers. Most Dynamax sweepers that have Max Airstream work fantastically well. Calyrex-S works especially well thanks to its snowball potential. Focus Sash Ditto is also an incredible teammate that can use Mimikyu's Thunder Wave to copy and outspeed foe Restricted Pokemon, almost acting like a third Restricted teammate. Finally, sweepers that rely on stacking up multiple boosts, such as bulky Necrozma-DM and Zygarde, benefit a lot from Curse and Thunder Wave.

Items
========

* Since this Mimikyu won't be around for long, Bright Powder's chance for a miss can make Curse that much more deadly, as the extra turn of damage makes it even easier for Dynamax sweepers to set up.

* Rocky Helmet instead deals extra chip damage to physical attackers like Zacian-C, making them even more vulnerable to a Dynamax sweeper.

* Expert Belt can be used to guarantee an OHKO with Phantom Force on minimum HP Calyrex-S, even if it's under Dynamax.

* An alternative to Thunder Wave is to use Trick with Lagging Tail. This doesn't work against Zacian-C, but it does let Mimikyu cripple Landorus-T and Zekrom, and it prevents Necrozma-DM from getting around paralysis by stacking up Speed boosts.

EV Spreads
========

* 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with Jolly: This maximizes Mimikyu's power while outspeeding important foes such as Kyogre that lack Choice Scarf, Landorus-T, Adamant Urshifu formes, and Dialga.

* 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe with Jolly: This maximizes Mimikyu's bulk while still maintaining a high Speed stat, useful for letting Mimikyu survive weak attacks when Disguise is broken.

* 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe with Impish: This gives Mimikyu an 87.5% chance to survive one Sunsteel Strike from defensive Necrozma-DM.

[SET]
name: Curse Stall
move 1: Substitute
move 3: Pain Split
move 4: Play Rough / Phantom Force / Thunder Wave / Taunt
item: Custap Berry / Bright Powder
nature: Jolly / Timid
evs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Substitute, Curse, and Pain Split together, Mimikyu can effectively wear down a variety of Pokemon and stall out Dynamax users.

* Play Rough gives Mimikyu something to do if it gets hit by Taunt. It deals decent damage to Yveltal, a common user of Taunt, and also OHKOes Urshifu-S.

* Phantom Force makes Mimikyu even more effective at stalling out Dynamax, and it deals serious damage against Calyrex-S.

* Thunder Wave does a great job of crippling fast threats such as Zacian-C and Eternatus, and the full paralysis chance makes Curse even more devastating. However, it does make Mimikyu extremely vulnerable to Taunt.

* Ironically, Mimikyu can use Taunt itself to shut down any Pokemon with recovery that attempt to stall it out, such as Quagsire, Chansey, and defensive Eternatus.

* Trick Room is a more unusual option to consider. Since Mimikyu can use Substitute and Curse to knock itself out easily, it makes a particularly good Trick Room setter for slow sweepers such as Calyrex-I.

* This Mimikyu set effectively destabilizes common defensive cores, such as Chansey + Quagsire, so make sure to pair it up with Pokemon that can take advantage of these holes. Zacian-C is a fantastic example, with Necrozma-DM, Yveltal, and Cinderace also being good examples.

* The given HP EVs allow Mimikyu to use Substitute four times from full health. 252 HP EVs and 4 Defense EVs can be used to activate Custap Berry after three Substitutes instead.

* If not using any attacks, a Timid nature with an Attack IV of 0 is preferred over Jolly to weaken Foul Play.

Items
========

* Custap Berry can be activated with Substitute and lets Mimikyu deliver an extra move, like Pain Split or Thunder Wave, before fainting.

* Bright Powder isn't the most reliable, but missing one attack against this Mimikyu can be devastating, giving it more room to stall.

* Recovery berries such as Figy Berry can be used to restore some health after using Substitute several times.

* Leftovers is the most reliable method of extra recovery, but it comes at the cost of revealing Mimikyu's set fairly early.

* If using Trick Room, Room Service works well.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance Sweeper
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Play Rough
move 3: Shadow Sneak
move 4: Phantom Force / Shadow Claw / Wood Hammer
item: Life Orb / Spell Tag
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Disguise, Swords Dance, and priority, Mimikyu overcomes its mediocre offensive stats, becoming an effective revenge killer and sweeper in one package!

* Phantom Force is not only Mimikyu's strongest Ghost-type STAB move, but its semi-invulnerable turn can stall out Dynamax turns. Most notably, with Life Orb, a +2 Max Phantasm from this move will OHKO bulky Zacian-C.

* Shadow Claw is the more reliable Ghost-type move, being less vulnerable to Chansey switch-ins at the cost of giving a weaker Max Phantasm.

* Wood Hammer allows Mimikyu to get past Quagsire and Swampert. It also makes Mimikyu a fantastic option against dedicated rain teams, as Life Orb Mimikyu will deal 98% minimum to Seismitoad under Dynamax, as well as dealing massive damage to Kyogre.

* Thunder Wave is a potential option. While it won't help Mimikyu with sweeping, it does give an emergency way to cripple massive offensive threats, such as Zacian-C.

* This Mimikyu is a great contender for using Dynamax. Not only does Dynamax help with Mimikyu's power issues, but its Max Moves have powerful secondary effects, with Max Starfall protecting Mimikyu from status and Max Phantasm lowering the foe's Defense.

* While Disguise lets Mimikyu set up Swords Dance easily despite its fraility, note that it can't set up on Pokemon that can nullify abilities, such as Necrozma-DM, Cinderace and Rillaboom under Gigantamax, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem-W. Also, because of Behemoth Blade, Zacian-C will stop any Mimikyu sweep unless Disguise is up or it's paralyzed.

* Jolly is the preferred nature to at least Speed tie with opposing Mimikyu and outspeed a wide variety of relevant Pokemon, such as Kyogre, Ho-Oh, Jolly Landorus-T, Adamant Urshifu formes, Zekrom, Dialga, and Zygarde. If your team is well prepared for those threats or has paralysis support, Adamant is a fine nature.

Items
========

* Life Orb is the best option to make up for Mimikyu's meager Attack stat.

* Spell Tag is another option if Life Orb is taken, since boosting Shadow Sneak's power helps it revenge kill weakened foes. Most notably, with an Adamant nature, +2 Spell Tag Mimikyu can still OHKO bulky Zacian-C with Max Phantasm from Phantom Force.

* Expert Belt is a decent alternative if Life Orb is needed on a different Pokemon. It especially pairs well with Wood Hammer, allowing Mimikyu to still OHKO Quagsire.

* Salac Berry and Substitute can be used together to give Mimikyu an unexpected avenue of sweeping, with the Speed boost letting it outspeed most relevant Pokemon.

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Trick
move 3: Phantom Force / Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak
move 4: Wood Hammer / Thunder Wave
item: Choice Scarf

[SET COMMENTS]

* Mimikyu is fairly weak compared to most Choice Scarf revenge killers, but thanks to Trick, it can be a powerful tool against defensive Pokemon such as Eternatus and Blissey.

* Phantom Force, while not great at revenge killing, does help stall out Dynamax.

* Shadow Claw is a more reliable Ghost-type STAB move, and it's particularly good at chipping Zacian-C switch-ins.

* Shadow Sneak isn't very useful while Mimikyu is holding a Choice Scarf, but it can let Mimikyu still pick off faster threats after using Trick.

* Wood Hammer 2HKOes Quagsire and Swampert, and it deals far more damage to Kyogre than any other attack.

* Thunder Wave lets Mimikyu cripple another threat after firing off Trick, or it can paralyze fast threats in emergencies such as Zacian-C and Eternatus.

* Importantly, while this set threatens common Pokemon on stall such as Chansey and Eternatus, Zacian-C is also very common on stall teams and is immune to Trick, making it an extremely dangerous Pokemon for this set that requires good prediction to play around.

* While Jolly is the suggested nature on the set, it's best to actually use a Jolly Mint with Serious, or another neutral nature. This lets Mimikyu eat any Berry acquired from Trick without getting confused, and it still gets the extra Speed it needs.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Quality checked by: [[greilmercenary9, 336524], [Tox, 146]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:
Reactions: Tox

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finally got this ready! Sorry for the long wait, worldwide events sorta have me distracted right now...

Anyways, I made some serious changes, mostly because the Mimikyu onsite was more to reflect the lack of text to explain stuff.

- I folded Sub SD into the regular SD set, its simple enough to explain with one line imo!

- I split the Curse set into Sub Curse and "Disruptor", since I had a really hard time covering how versatile Curse stuff seems to get now a days.

- I made Lagging Tail a mention in the disrupter set, since it's easy enough to explain.

- I mention Wood Hammer a lot more than before, can't believe I didn't realize that Wood Hammer was gonna make sense in a world with Kyogres and so many Water Grounds LOL

There might be more Mimikyu varients (and probably better EV spreads), so I'm open to suggestions!

The overview here looks very strong already, but I do think that there is some room for refinement, so I'll get to it:

First, I think you should consider reordering the sets, with the Disruptor set as top billing over the SD set. This is less clear with the split of Curse into two sets, but Curse (47.5% in February) had a comfortable lead on SD (34.8% in February) last month and was also more generally more effective on more types of team in my experience. It's tricky since SD is slightly more common than TWave (30.6%) or Sub (29.0%) that highlight the two different variants you've broken Curse sets into, but this meta is one of the most unkind to SD Mimi in recent memory IMO, so I think at least questioning whether it should be the flagship set is fair.

Now, with regard to the specific sets:

For SD:

1. Unless you have specific calcs in mind to justify Expert Belt beyond just the guaranteed KO on Quagsire with Wood Hammer, then Spell Tag should be the second slashed item on the set and Expert Belt should be limited to Other Options (and maybe specifically mentioned to pair with being a Quag eliminator with Wood Hammer). There are some other calcs that might potentially justify Expert Belt, like unboosted PR vs no bulk Dragapult in a 1v1 with no max involved, but Spell Tag means +2 Sneak gets that kill anyway, and Spell Tag has a more important calc: getting the kill on bulky (220 HP) Zacian with Adamant +2 Phantasm off of Phantom Force (130 BP Phantasm). To put it midly, the Zacian calcs for Mimi are monstrously important; LO would be preferred anyway, but getting Life Orb getting the same Zacian kill even with Jolly 130 BP Phantasm is huge in its own right, and really Mimi just lacks power without trying to stack boosts, especially with the power creep rising this season.

2. Mentioning that Jolly outruns Kyogre that aren't running Scarf seems important. Given your DPP Ubers experience I know that you're aware just how many restricteds sit in this speed zone, but I think a quick mention of that to remind newer players is worthwhile. Besides Kyogre, getting the jump on unboosted Ho-Oh, Dialga, Zygarde, and especially the Tao trio (who notably ignore Disguise) is very valuable.

3. With Seismitoad 19th in usage last month, you can also mention that if Disguise is up then Wood Hammer can stop even max Seismitoad in its tracks with some chip (e.g. Jolly Expert Belt Hammer does 181% minimum to offensive Seismitoad, so it falls after 2 LO chips even maxed). Also shows how dangerous Wood Hammer Mimi can be against any more dedicated Rain mini-core since you also do tons to Kyogre (at least 79% to no bulk).

Disruptor:

1. Lagging Tail (3.5%) actually had higher usage than Rocky Helmet (2.8%) last month, and perhaps unsurprisingly the remaining Impish Mimi so far this series (3.4%) nearly matched up. In any case, as mentioned on the Ditto analysis, this entire set, regardless of item or other specifics, is exactly what something like Sash Ditto wants as support. More generally though, other sweepers that take a turn or two to really get going, like DD Dusk Mane, DD or Coil Zygarde, or sweepers who can snowball off an initial kill like Calyrex-Shadow also very much appreciate the help. In my experience this set can also sometimes act like a bit of a lure for slightly Zacian weak teams since Zacian pressures SD sets in particular, and Mimi needs either SD up with Disguise intact or Curse up behind a Sub with Diguise up to beat it with any reliability.

2. It's a minor calc quibble, but unboosted PR is only a guaranteed OHKO on Urshifu-Single (252 Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 120-144 (68.5 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). Rapid Strike is certainly less common in this meta but this is a distinction that should be made.

3. Another super minor quibble, but with Zekrom being much more common in S12 as a dangerous sweeper, it might be worth adding it to Lando-T as a target that is immune to TWave but that Lagging Tail competely cripples.

4. One last super minor thing: Custap should really be used with Sub, but if it were to be used without it, Mimi should probably be running an HP stat divisible by 8 to get to 25% for Custap after Rocks + Disguise breaking + a Curse use. Probably don't need to mention it since that would be beyond a super niche scenario, but just something that came to mind.

Curse Stall:

1. I think the writeup on this set is very good with only the smallest of additions; the main thing I think could be added here is ideal partners, specifically mons that struggle with at least one component of a bulky balance or stall core. A good initial example: #1 Doggo (lol) fits that description well, especially if you can hide the set on the first turn out, since Quag + Chansey cores hate this thing, and Mimi can often whittle Quag down enough for Zacian to finish breaking the core.

2. It isn't mentioned anywhere here, but Trick Room is an option in the 3rd slot here on very specific teams. Obviously this would generally mean running either Room Service or a much slower spread, but this kind of TR Mimi, while less effective in S12 than in S8/11, does still help out by being a TR user who can manipulate itself to half health, make sure TR is set, and Curse out to give 3 full turns to a TR sweeper like Calyrex-Ice. This should only be Other Options but at the very least the general concept deserves a mention.

Choice Scarf:

1. Again I think you have the relevant points covered, but it's worth mentioning that Zacian is even more dangerous than normal against this type of Mimikyu, since Trick is one of its main weapons and being locked into it against a Zacian switch is often disastrous. Since Zacian is often run alongside the stall mons that this build would completely cripple with said Trick, this set requires significantly more prediction than something like the Curse Stall set.

More general:

1. It's worth mentioning that while Mimi can be especially customized, it generally does very poorly against Dusk Mane and the Tao Dragons (in addition to being iffy vs Zacian ofc), and the team should have other answers to those threats. While Mimi can manage SE hits on four of those five, NDM in particular carries enough bulk to shrug it off more often than not, and both NDM and Zekrom had at least 25%+ usage on WP last month as well to make their retaliation even more deadly. The others aren't exactly frail either and can generally OHKO Mimi outside of max.

I think this is all for now. Good job on the writeup so far: Mimi is a very versatile mon, and the Curse sets in particular have become a lot more creative of late, so I think you've done very well on the coverage of widely used sets so far. Once the above points are generally implemeted this is QC 1/2.

Last edited:

Theorymon

greilmercenary9 that was probably the best QC check I've seen in years, incredible job!

I've implemented pretty much everything you mentioned except the Custap without Substitue thing, since like you said you should really be using Substitute with Custap anyways, and this analysis is already large. Despite the fact that I was trying to demphaize huge team options for BSS analyses, Mimikyu is so support based in this format that I included all the stuff you mentioned anyways!

Also I added one thing I totally forgot: mentioned Impish on the disruptor set. It gives Mimikyu a good shot of surviving Sunsteel Strike from full from a defensive Necrozma-DM. Yes I realize that you still REALLY don't want Mimikyu in against that thing but... not gonna lie I have been the victim of a Mimikyu surviving Sunsteel Strike and getting a Lagging Tail to the face LOL

This is excellent work—gives reasons for and captures Mimikyu's transition into more support-based sets. If I had any desiderata, it would perhaps consist of a nod to Endure (Custap Berry sets), or Wide Lens as an alternative item on Thunder Wave sets. These are hardly supported by either usage stats or 2k+ Elo blogs, though.

QC 2/2
bss qc big.gif

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
I know I’m not on the QC board but I wanted to make a note that some newer players might not grasp immediately.
Once your opponents dynamax is burned, Trick becomes a very deadly option to cripple almost anything that isn’t an all out attacker. Locking mons into setup moves, stealing vital items such as Assault Vest or Boots from mons that really need them, and overall it just makes your opponent more predictable, which allows you to better form a plan for the endgame.

I understand this is probably common knowledge to most people, but I’ve seen a surprising amount of players try to set up as I tricked them a choice scarf.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma

[SET]
name: Disruptor
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 3: Play Rough
move 4: Shadow Sneak / Phantom Force / Taunt
item: Bright Powder
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Disguise and Thunder Wave, Mimikyu is an extremely disruptive Pokemon that can cripple common sweepers such as Zacian-C and Calyrex-S, and leave leaving them open for a Dynamax sweeper to pick them off.

* Curse's combination of Curse dealing 25% damage per turn and often leading to Mimikyu sacrificing itself, KOing Mimikyu makes it a perfect opportunity for sweepers to come in.

* Play Rough is useful for giving Mimikyu a way to deal damage to Taunt Yveltal, and it also lets Mimikyu OHKO Urshifu-S.

* Shadow Sneak is great for picking off weakened foes if Mimikyu doesn't come in early in the match, and it's particularly good at picking off weakened Calyrex-S.

* Phantom Force lets Mimikyu stall out Dynamax turns when needed.

* Taunt lets Mimikyu prevent Stealth Rock set up blocks Stealth Rock from the likes of Hippowdon and Landorus-T, and it's useful for gaining an edge against defensive Pokemon in general.

* Wood Hammer can be used to surprise Quagsire and Seismitoad with massive damage.

* While this Mimikyu does a great job of disrupting foes, note that it struggles against a few key threats. Note that bulky Necrozma-DM will shrug off anything Mimikyu throws at it, (AC) and can stack Dragon Dance boosts, and ignores Disguise with Sunsteel Strike. Pokemon with Mold Breaker-like effects, that can nullify abilities, such as Gigantamax Cinderace, Gigantamax Rillaboom, Cinderace and Rillaboom under Gigantamax, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem-W, also are very difficult to cripple.

* Make sure to use this Mimikyu with good Dynamax sweepers. Most Dynamax sweepers that have Max Airstream work fantastically well, but there are some special options to consider. Calyrex-S works especially well thanks to its snowball potential. Focus Sash Ditto is also an incredible teammate that can almost act like a 3rd restricted slot thanks to Thunder Wave. use Mimikyu's Thunder Wave to copy and outspeed foe Restricted Pokemon, almost acting like a third Restricted teammate. (assuming that makes sense?) Finally, sweepers that rely on stacking up multiple boosts, such as bulky Necrozma-DM and Zygarde, benefit a lot from Curse and Thunder Wave.

Items
========

* Bright Powder's reliance on luck may make it seem like an off-putting item, but the chance for a miss can make Curse that much more deadly, letting Mimikyu target both foes. (if this isn't right, pls clarify how a foe's miss helps Curse) (optional: note mimikyu won't be around for long to use other items anyway, if that is correct and makes sense)

* Rocky Helmet instead deals extra chip damage to physical attackers like Zacian-C, making them even more vulnerable to a Dynamax sweeper.

* Expert Belt can be used to gurantee an OHKO with Phantom Force on mimimum minimum HP Calyrex-S, even if it's under Dynamax.

* An alternative to paralysis is to use Lagging Tail with Trick. Thunder Wave is to use Trick with Lagging Tail. This doesn't work against Zacian-C, but it does let Mimikyu cripple Landorus-T and Zekrom, and it prevents Necrozma-DM from getting around paralysis by stacking up Speed boosts.

EV Spreads
========

* 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with Jolly: This maximizes Mimikyu's offenses power while outspeeding important foes such as Kyogre that lack Choice Scarf, Landorus-T, Adamant Urshifu, (specify a specific urshifu or specify both) and Dialga.

* 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe with Jolly: This maximizes Mimikyu's bulk while still maintaining a high Speed stat, useful for letting Mimikyu survive weak attacks when Disguise is broken.

* 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe with Impish: This gives Mimikyu an 87.5% chance to survive one Sunsteel Strike from defensive Necrozma-DM.

[SET]
name: Curse Stall
move 1: Substitute
move 3: Pain Split
move 4: Play Rough / Phantom Force / Thunder Wave / Taunt
item: Custap Berry / Bright Powder
nature: Jolly / Timid
evs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Substitute, Curse, and Pain Split together, Mimikyu can effectively wear down a variety of Pokemon (RC) and stall out Dynamax users.

* Play Rough gives Mimikyu something to do if it gets hit by Taunt. It deals decent damage to Yveltal, a common user of Taunt, and also OHKOes Urshifu-S.

* Phantom Force makes Mimikyu even more effective at stalling out Dynamax, and lets it deal it deals serious damage against Calyrex-S.

* Thunder Wave does a great job of crippling fast threats such as Zacian-C and Eternatus, and a the full paralysis chance makes Curse even more devestating. devastating. However, this it does make Mimikyu extremely vulnerable to Taunt.

* Ironically, Mimikyu can use Taunt itself to shut down any Pokemon with recovery that may attempt to stall Mimikyu attempt to stall it out, such as Quagsire, Chansey, and defensive Eternatus.

* Trick Room is a more unusual option to consider. Since Mimikyu can use Substitute and Curse to knock itself out easily, it makes a particularly good Trick Room setter for slow sweepers such as Calyrex-I.

* This Mimikyu does an effective job of destabilizing set effectively destabilizes common defensive cores, such as Chansey + Quagsire, so make sure to pair pair this Mimikyu it up with Pokemon that can take advantage of these holes. Zacian-C is a fantastic example of this, with Necrozma-DM, Yveltal, and Cinderace also being good examples.

* The given HP EVs allow Mimikyu to use Substitute four times from full health. 252 HP EVs and 4 Defense EVs can be used to activate Custap Berry after 3 three Substitutes instead.

* If not using any attacks, a Timid nature with an Attack IV of 0 is preferred over Jolly (RC) to weaken Foul Play. (removed extra linebreak under)

Items
========

* Custap Berry gives Mimikyu effectively 0.5+ priority when in activation range, letting it get one last attack in before fainting, or delivering a well-timed Pain Split or Thunder Wave. can be activated with Substitute and lets Mimikyu deliver an extra move, like Pain Split or Thunder Wave, before fainting. (I imagine this makes sense?)

* Bright Powder's reliance on luck Powder isn't the most reliable, but missing one attack against this Mimikyu can be devestating. devastating, giving it more room to stall. (i imagine?)

* Recovery berries such as Figy Berry can be used to restore some extra health after using Substitute several times.

* Leftovers is the most reliable method of extra recovery, but it comes at the cost of revealing Mimikyu's set fairly early.

* If using Trick Room, Room Service is good for lowering Mimikyu's Speed. works well.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance Sweeper
move 1: Swords Dance
move 3: Shadow Sneak
move 4: Phantom Force / Shadow Claw / Wood Hammer
item: Life Orb / Spell Tag
nature: Jolly / Adamant

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Disguise, Swords Dance, and priority, Mimikyu overcomes its mediocre offensive stats, and becomes becoming an effective revenge killer and sweeper in one package!

* Phantom Force is not only Mimikyu's strongest Ghost-type STAB move, but its two turns can allow it to semi-invulnerable turn can stall out Dynamax turns. Most notably, with Life Orb, a boosted +2 Max Phantasm from this move will OHKO bulky Zacian-C.

* Shadow Claw is the more reliable Ghost-type STAB, move, being less vulnerable to Chansey switch-ins (RC) at the cost of being giving a weaker Max Phantasm.

* Wood Hammer allows Mimikyu to get past Quagsire and Swampert. It also makes Mimikyu a fantastic option against dedicated rain teams, as Life Orb Mimikyu will deal 98% minimum to Dynamax Seismitoad, and deal Seismitoad under Dynamax, as well as dealing massive damage to Kyogre.

* Thunder Wave is a potential option. While it won't help Mimikyu with sweeping, it does act as give an emergency way to cripple massive offensive threats, such as Zacian-C.

* This Mimikyu is a great contender for using Dynamax. Not only does it Dynamax help with Mimikyu's power issues, but it has its Max Moves have powerful secondary effects, with Max Starfall protecting Mimikyu from status (RC) and Max Phantasm lowering the foe's Defense.

* While Disguise lets Mimikyu set up Swords Dance easily despite its (removed apostrophe) fraility, note that Pokemon that have access to Mold Breaker-like affects such as Necrozma-DM, Gigantamax Cinderace, Gigantamax Rillaboom, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem-W won't be possible to set up on. it can't set up on Pokemon that can nullify abilities, such as Necrozma-DM, Cinderace and Rillaboom under Gigantamax, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem-W. Also, because of Behemoth Blade, Zacian-C will stop any Mimikyu sweep unless Disguise is up or it's paralyzed.

* Jolly is the preferred nature (RC) to at least speedtie Speed tie with opposing Mimikyu (RC) and outspeed a wide variety of relevant Pokemon, such as Kyogre, Ho-Oh, Jolly Landorus-T, Adamant Urshifu, (specify one urshifu or specifiy both) Zekrom, Dialga, and Zygarde. If your team is well prepared for those threats or has paralysis support, Adamant is a fine nature.

Items
========

* Life Orb is the best option to make up for Mimikyu's meager Attack stat.

* Spell Tag is another option if Life Orb is taken, since boosting Shadow Sneak's power can make it easier to helps it revenge kill weakened foes. Most notably, with an Adamant nature, it allows a boosted Mimikyu to +2 Spell Tag Mimikyu can OHKO bulky Zacian-C with Max Phantasm from Phantom Force. (possibly worthwhile to say "still" after "can" if jolly life orb can still accomplish this, or to say something "which jolly life orb can't do" if that is the case)

* Expert Belt is a decent alternative if Life Orb is needed on a different Pokemon. It especially pairs well with Wood Hammer, allowing Mimikyu to still OHKO Quagsire.

* Salac Berry and Substitute can be used together to give Mimikyu an unexpected avenue of sweeping, with the Speed boost letting it outspeed most relevant Pokemon.

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Trick
move 3: Phantom Force / Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak
move 4: Wood Hammer / Thunder Wave
item: Choice Scarf

[SET COMMENTS]

* Mimikyu is fairly weak compared to most Choice Scarf revenge killers, but thanks to Trick, it can be a powerful tool against defensive Pokemon such as Eternatus and Blissey.

* Phantom Force, while not great at revenge killing, does help stall out Dynamax.

* Shadow Claw is a more reliable Ghost-type STAB move, and in particular is good at dealing chip damage on it's particularly good at chipping Zacian-C switch-ins.

* Shadow Sneak isn't very useful while Mimikyu is holding a Choice Scarf, but it can let Mimikyu still (I imagine this and "faster" make sense?) pick off faster threats after using Trick.

* Wood Hammer 2HKOes Quagsire and Swampert, and it deals far more damage to Kyogre than any other attack.

* Thunder Wave can lets Mimikyu cripple another threat after firing off Trick, or it can paralyze fast threats in emergencies such as Zacian-C or and Eternatus.

* It's important to note that while this Mimikyu Importantly, while this set threatens common Pokemon on stall such as Chansey and Eternatus, Zacian-C is also very common on stall teams and has an immunity is immune to Trick, making it an extremely dangerous Pokemon for this set that will requires good prediction to play around.

* While Jolly is the suggested nature on the set, it's best to actually have Mimikyu consume a Jolly Mint, and use a base neutral nature (those being Hardy, Docile, Serious, Bashful, or Quirky). If Mimikyu's base nature is neutral, then it can eat any berry without being confused, with the Jolly Mint still giving it use a Jolly Mint with Serious, or another neutral nature. This lets Mimikyu eat any Berry acquired from Trick without getting confused, and it still gets the extra Speed it needs.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Quality checked by: [[greilmercenary9, 336524], [Tox, 146]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

finland-GP.gif
1/1

Theorymon

Thank you so much for the hard work Finland, and sorry for the HUGE lack of concision, I really need to get better about that!

For the Bright Powder talk on set 1, I rephrased it to mention that Bright Powder is deadly because the extra turn of Curse makes it easier to revenge kill with Dynamax sweepers. If you can quickly look at that phrase, then this should be good to go!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)