• Close Combat
  • Flare Blitz
  • Calm Mind
  • Swords Dance
  • Dragon Dance
  • Bulk Up
  • Stored Power

Positives:
  • Mew is extremely versatile, with a wide movepool granting it a bevy of options in terms of coverage and utility.
  • This in turn makes Mew extremely flexible and ensures it can find a place on a wide variety of teams.
  • Decent 100/100/100 defenses ensure Mew can take a hit and hit back.
  • Its base 100 speed tier is decent for the meta, letting it outspeed mons like Great Tusk, Hoopa-U, and Samurott-H.
Negatives:
  • Losing Knock Off, Toxic, Defog, Cosmic Power, Explosion, and Teleport is disappointing since it takes away potentially valuable options for it to use. Knock Off and Defog in particular are especially disappointing for it to lose.
  • Its typing is extremely disadvantageous in a meta infested by threats like Kingambit, Samurott-H, Basculegion, and Hoopa-Unbound. This undermines its otherwise decent defenses and makes it deceptively easy to KO.
  • Though base 100 offenses are not bad, they are not particularly strong without boosts, leading to it missing potentially crucial KOes as a result.
Terastallizing Potential:
  • Because Mew is so versatile, there is no one universal best option for Tera types.
  • For instance, lead variants with Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes could use Tera Ghost to block attempts to Rapid Spin, while Tera Steel is a universally amazing Tera-type for bulky variants.
  • Alternatively, for Defensive Tera, Tera Dark may be good to turn Mew’s Ghost and Dark-type weaknesses into resistances.
  • For offensive Tera, there is no one best Tera type and it depends on what moves you’re running and what your team composition is.

Potential Movesets
[wip]

The most nerfed Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet. Lost recovery, Knock Off, Hazard removal, Toxic, and Explosion and got nothing notable to compensate for it. Every single set it can run is significantly worse than in SS.

Lead sets can't Boom for momentum.
Stored Power Cheese sets are worse because no recovery.
That Imprison Transform set is significantly worse because no Block and no recovery.
Utility sets are worse because no Defog, no Knock Off and no recovery.

Most of the sets it could run from prior generations that made it viable & versatile are all dead.

Lead sets do benefit somewhat from Tera Ghost + Wide coverage so I could see those being usable still, but outside of that, I do not think this Pokemon has much use in OU anymore.

The most nerfed Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet. Lost recovery, Knock Off, Hazard removal, Toxic, and Explosion and got nothing notable to compensate for it. Every single set it can run is significantly worse than in SS.

Lead sets can't Boom for momentum.
Stored Power Cheese sets are worse because no recovery.
That Imprison Transform set is significantly worse because no Block and no recovery.
Utility sets are worse because no Defog, no Knock Off and no recovery.

Most of the sets it could run from prior generations that made it viable & versatile are all dead.

Lead sets do benefit somewhat from Tera Ghost + Wide coverage so I could see those being usable still, but outside of that, I do not think this Pokemon has much use in OU anymore.
Honestly I kinda wish gamefreak gave it sketch even if it would break mew, since it fits mew quite well.

But yeah tm/tutor nerfs really suck for mew, and I thought zapdos got gutted geez

theres way too much mew slander going around and i want to change that

i think people underestimate just how versatile Mew is as an offensive mon. its okay as a utility mon too, but especially as an offensive mon. saying ”mew is versatile” is like saying water is wet but i think people still forget it somehow

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Agility
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss

this is the set ive been running and works really well with dual screens, but this is far from the only set you can use (despite it losing some important moves, its still fucking mew its movepool is never not fantastic)

base 100 across the board is okay defensively but it does seem underwhelming offensively… until you remember that mew gets basically every boosting move it could want

i haven’t been cooking that many sets for mew, but it‘s like the ultimate cooking pokemon, there are so many directions you can take with it

this thing could be a good stored power sweeper with screens. It fills in for Magearna in a way but definitely isn’t as good.

Totally deserved nerfs. Since this guy gained Spikes and Imprison+Block core in SS, it deserved to lose something to at least being somewhat predictable. One of the most cancerous Mons in SS OU.
That said I feel like getting nerfed this hard was a bit much. Mew was already dealing with power creep (which is absolutely crazy this gen) and Psychic getting worse as the gens go by, and losing most of the support moves that made it special was a massive blow. Should've kept Knock Off at the very least

That said I feel like getting nerfed this hard was a bit much. Mew was already dealing with power creep (which is absolutely crazy this gen) and Psychic getting worse as the gens go by, and losing most of the support moves that made it special was a massive blow. Should've kept Knock Off at the very least
it's not a delibrate nerf to mew in absence of buffing their movepool to accomidate the loss of opast moves and tms with the inclusion of obvious level up moves like recover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)