Project Metagame Workshop

Unfortunately you don't meet the requirements anyway to submit an OM, so you may want to view them here. Alternatively, you could keep developing this since it is far from similar in practice to Multibility.
opps. I will go and try to explore the OM to try and slowly get my posts up. No idea where to find a "secondary leader" any advice on that would useful.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
opps. I will go and try to explore the OM to try and slowly get my posts up. No idea where to find a "secondary leader" any advice on that would useful.
Is better to not worry about a co-leader or council until the idea is almost approved, either way you can have anyone you know and has a forum account join, asking around the smogon/om discords or the ps om room is a good way to get people.
Now the format, it doesn't sounds bad, if I learned anything from Shared Power is that you can balance stuff with over 4 abilities so I wouldn't worry about letting someone give up on 3 moves, just don't allow repeated abilities and it should stay under control.
Giving up on moves is a quite big cost after all, Dragonite isn't that impressive when it can't DD, Roost and have coverage at the same time.

Is better to not worry about a co-leader or council until the idea is almost approved, either way you can have anyone you know and has a forum account join, asking around the smogon/om discords or the ps om room is a good way to get people.
Now the format, it doesn't sounds bad, if I learned anything from Shared Power is that you can balance stuff with over 4 abilities so I wouldn't worry about letting someone give up on 3 moves, just don't allow repeated abilities and it should stay under control.
Giving up on moves is a quite big cost after all, Dragonite isn't that impressive when it can't DD, Roost and have coverage at the same time.
Thanks for the feed back, I forgot to explictly say that you can't stack the same ability opps.

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Thanks for the feed back, I forgot to explictly say that you can't stack the same ability opps.
Not just repeated in a single mon tho, having the ability limited to one mon per team is a good way to balance ability based formats, it also let you allow more powerful abilities in general, that would be single ability clause.

Not just repeated in a single mon tho, having the ability limited to one mon per team is a good way to balance ability based formats, it also let you allow more powerful abilities in general, that would be single ability clause.
good idea yeah I think I would add that.

KaenSoul

Community Leader
I have hit the post requirement, sorry about posting before properly checking the requirements.
You don't really need to tell us that.
Now, if what you need is help with the rest of the process, you should read this post https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...eral-info-announcements.3709848/#post-9374053
Get the thread ready on https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/om-submissions.736/
And see what the staff think, you may have to defend the idea.
Just don't rush it, you could try to discuss the idea with more people, maybe in the ps om room or with anyone really.

2 ideas for formats:

A: STABmons but you only get moves of your tera type (no tera blast) and you can't have a STAB type, it must be different.
B: A ladder where the Pokemon you can use are rotated daily, and everyone has to use the same 1-6 pokemon, whatever numbers sounds best.

2 ideas for formats:

A: STABmons but you only get moves of your tera type (no tera blast) and you can't have a STAB type, it must be different.
B: A ladder where the Pokemon you can use are rotated daily, and everyone has to use the same 1-6 pokemon, whatever numbers sounds best.
First sounds odd, sounds restrictive and it also sounds quite weird to ban tera blast? And weird to restrict from having stab tera, second sounds hard to manage and not really an om.

Originally approved by The Immortal, Swaggy-G, and others, Thanks to Urkerab for hosting previously
This is a thread for bouncing your OM ideas off the community at large before posting them in the OM Submissions subforum. Anyone is welcome to post in this thread, either to request help with an idea or to offer feedback.

- Please read the Guidelines for posting before posting. As always all Smogon rules apply in this thread.
- Please ensure your submission is not on the list of Commonly Rejected Metagames or a current metagame. It helps us a lot to not have to turn away the same metas over and over.
- As cool as our Submissions Staff are, and as valuable as their input is, please be mindful that they may not be able to give you feedback on your idea immediately. It's alright to ask them if they'll look at the idea, but do not pester them if they cannot do it at that moment.

This is me, your host, and a member of the Submissions Staff! I'll be giving the majority of the feedback here, so don't be shy about approaching me over a concept.
:drampa:drampa's grandpa

Now it's time to meet our other Submissions Staff! These users are in charge of approving new metagames, and their feedback should be given first priority, as they will be the ones ultimately approving or denying your metagame.

:politoed:In The Hills
:medicham-mega:Isaiah
:dewott:KaenSoul
:florges:Kris
:audino-mega:Ransei

:talonflame:UT

There are also our Submissions Readers, who are involved in the process of providing suggestions and feedback for new metagames in our Submissions Forum.
:nidoking:berry
:whimsicott:Eli
:samurott:iapt
:zoroark-hisui:Instruct

Guideline for posting:
Main Points:
  1. Workshop submissions are limited to one per week.
    • There is a one week cooldown on posting ideas in the workshop. This is to prevent the rapid-fire spam of undeveloped ideas and instead encourage well-thought-out ideas which can be given the time and attention they need.
  2. Make sure your metagame premise follows our rules
    • Does your metagame idea already exist? Does it follow the general rules of Other Metagames? Have you read our outline for submissions? Make sure to research before posting. (More details on our outline and rules below) NOTE: Other Metagames does not support National Dex formats, so this is not the place to suggest such metagames.
  3. Have you read up on our Submissions guidelines?
    • If the community and/or our submissions team shows interest in your metagame, have you read our Submission rules and OP Format? Most importantly, do you meet the requirements to lead a metagame, and have you considered who will co-lead this metagame with you?

In order to make a preliminary outline of your submission idea, all you need to do is fill out this brief form (subject to change):

Metagame premise:
Potential bans and threats:
Questions for the community:

Some more information on each:
  • Metagame premise. Keep this succinct. In general, the metagames with the simplest changes are the ones that succeed. If you can't describe this in a single sentence (even a long one), you should go back to the drawing board. This includes adding a secondary concept such as National Dex to your meta. Also, you should have a fully formed idea.
    • YES: "Pokemon get access to all of their STAB moves."
    • NO: "I want to do something with STAB moves."
  • Potential bans and threats. This can be pretty brief and should also potentially include sample sets if you have them.
    • YES (this would be part of an answer): "Dragonite will be very powerful and suspect-worthy, given that it can set up using Multiscale and then mega evolve to gain a different ability like Aerilate (insert Dragonite set)."
    • NO: "I think Pokemon that can set up easily would be difficult to beat."
  • Questions for the community. Be specific. Ask the most important questions.
    • YES: "How should I address Pokemon that change form in the middle of a battle?"
    • YES: "Does the name 'Pokemoncansketchonemoveoutsideoftheirnormalmovepool-mons' express the metagame's premise clearly enough? Is it too specific?"
    • NO: "What Pokemon would be good?"
    • NO: "How should I capitalize 'Stabmons'?"

Commonly Rejected Metagame Ideas:
Important:
Other Metagames does not support National Dex formats, any metagame ideas for that would either fall under the National Dex or Pet Mods sections. Make sure that your metagame has a single, mechanically consistent concept!
Common Submissions
STATS
  • Ooh what if we swapped X stat with X stat: No, we have enough of those.
  • Mr Mime For Ubers!: Make all pokemon Uber level in terms of power/bulk.
  • My formula is not complex: OM concepts that use formulas to calculate Pokemon stats. We have a lot of these already.
ABILITIES
  • I Sure Love Ability X: All/Some Pokemon get X ability over their normal abilities. Metas where X = Poison Heal/WonderGuard/Prankster have been rejected.
  • Huge Power is so cool!: All/Some Pokemon get Huge Power (or a Huge Power variant for another stat using rule X).
MOVES
  • STAB moves are the best: You can only use your moves you get STAB in.
  • Hate good moves: Only level up moves allowed/TMs disallowed/only unviable(or "Usually useless moves" from PS builder) moves allowed.
MECHANICS
  • Priority Moves suck!: All moves have the same priority (0).
  • Random: Your Pokemon's moveset/ability/typing is randomized but you get to pick the rest.
  • Zombies: Pokemon don't die upon fainting the first time. Matches can be won by [insert rule here].
  • Ew who switches: Switching is not allowed or hindered in some way.
  • Nice Death: All Pokemon come into the field with Perish Song/Mons faint after X turns.
  • Only 6 pokemon? PLEASE: You can use X (X = 6+n) Pokemon in your team.
  • Hoarding: Pokemon can hold X items (where X = 1+n).
  • I like old gens: Current Pokemon with X Generation's mechanics
  • Inheritance but not: A metagame that is Inheritance with one extra step. Please no more fake Inheritances.
BANS / BUILDING RESTRICTIONS
  • Man I hate these Pokemon: X Pokemon/X Typed Pokemon are banned.
  • Chaining: Primary type of a Pokemon in a slot must be the Secondary type of the Pokemon in the slot before it.
  • Budgetmons: The total base stat in your team must not exceed X/The total value of your team must not exceed X, with individual Pokemon being assigned values like this: [insert rule here].
  • I want to be a Smogon Tier Leader when I grow up: Tiers made up of Underused(/Bad in ubers) Uber pokemon or a usage based tier under ZU. Basically, no usage based tiers.
  • Monocolor: All the Pokemon in your team must share the same Dex color.
  • My in-game team would beat YOUR in-game team: Only X Pokemon allowed, where X is based on an in-game arena or similar.
OTHER / MULTIPLE
  • OM X and Y are so good: Mashing up two OM concepts to pass off as a new one. (Your OM can be similar to another one but it should be a new concept that adds something new or interesting/improves the existing one, assuming the existing one is dead). Check out the OM Mashup Megathread for Mashups of multiple OMs!
  • ABCAB: Pokemon learn moves and abilities that start with the first letter of their names but we have a ton of complex bans to try and balance it!
  • I Know my egg groups!: Pokemon have access to moves/abilities of Pokemon in the same egg group.
(Almost) Everything Else
  • 2v2 Singles: You can use only 2 Pokemon to battle.
  • 6 Mix: Your 6 Pokemon must have their best stat in a different category.
  • 24 Moves: Every move your pokemon have, are shared between the rest of the pokemon, giving all of them 24 moves in total.
  • Abilimash: All abilities starting with the same letter are mashed together.
  • Ability Share: Pokemon that share a common ability gain access to all possible abilities those Pokemon can have.
  • Adaptamons: Only ability that Pokemon can use is Adaptability. Luckily, they all get it too.
  • Allocation Wars: Pokemon EVs determine the base stat. e.g 252 speed EVs = 252 base speed.
  • Alphabet Attributes: Pokemon gain boosts based on the first letter of their name.
  • Alpha Order Mons: Pokemon can only use the first 4 or last 4 moves they learn.
  • AscentMons: Everything learns Dragon Ascent.
  • Ban Bird: All Bird Pokemon are banned. (Flying Type + Bird based pokemon)
  • Chainmons: There are no team building restrictions, but in battle you can only switch to a mon that shares a type.
  • Change-Type Mons: Types change to the Type directly after it alphabetically.
  • Chessmons: Mixed Tier teambuilding based on chess pieces. http://pastebin.com/TKu9u08w
  • ChoicedMons: All Pokemon must be holding a Choice Item.
  • C-M(Classic-Modern) OU: OU with some old mechanics brought back and some newly created ones introduced.
  • Color Catastrophe: Pokemon get new moves based on Dex color.
  • Confidence: KOing a pokemon with Attacks/Special Attacks raises the stat by 1. Being unable to KO lowers the stat by 1.
  • Conversation Parade: Pokemon can learn any move from another Pokemon's movepool as long as they share a type (minus smeargle).
  • Consistency Mons: "Hax Mechanics" are changed to become formulated, rather than random.
  • Crazy Field: A random field effect will activate when a battle starts, and will stay until the end.
  • Custom Stat: You can customize your Pokemon's base stat using moveslots. The stats are calculated using: (Base Power) x 1.5. Your base stat total cannot exceed 720.
  • Deal Back Double: For every super effective hit that a Pokemon takes, they deal double of the damage that they took, to the foe that damaged them.
  • Defeatistmons: All Pokemon get defeatist.
  • Delaymons: All moves work like Doom Desire.
  • Delta Wars: All pokes gets "Delta Stream" like ability on top of their original ability, which nullifies the weaknesses of the poke's secondary type (because of Mega Rayquaza).
  • Dexmons: Pokémon get the moves from the evolutionary lines above and below themselves in the National Pokedex.
  • Direct Contact: Pokemon can only use moves that directly affect their opponent.
  • Duotype: Pokemon in your team must have either Type A or Type B.(A & B are different types)
  • Eggy Stat Boosts: Base stat increases handed out based on egg group.
  • Extremesped: Moves in slot 1 get +2 Priority.
  • Family Values: Doubles Based, your team must have 3 pairs of Pokemon; each pair must have 2 Pokemon from the same evolution change and they must battle together.
  • Feather Cup: Pokemon's Speed stat is replaced by it's weight.
  • Fermentation: All held items take an extra turn to come into effect.
  • Four Boosts: 4 stat ranges get a multiplier. Lower stat ranges = Larger Multiplier.
  • Freedom-Mons: You can teambuild, but battles work like they do in Emerald's Battle Palace.
  • Fully Evolved LC: Fully evolved pokemon can be used in LC, but must be level 5 and are confined to moves they can learn at level 5.
  • Funkymons: Pokemon/Move's typings change based on given chart.
  • Gotta Go Fast: All Pokemon get Speed Boost + Are afflicted with Perish Song when they switch in.
  • Group Eggs-Change: Pokemon can learn any move from it's other members in it's egg group.
  • Hazard Mashup: All hazards are the same type as the primary type of the Pokemon using it.
  • Highblock: Pokemon cannot use their highest stats.
  • Huge Stat: All Pokemon gets a clone of Huge Power that doubles their lowest stat.
  • Illegal Mons: Pokemon can use any moves bar the ones they can normally learn.
  • Intense Gravity: The field is affected by permanent Gravity (the field effect) and is not removable.
  • Interdependence: Slots 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 are linked. If a pokemon from a linked slot (slot 1) dies, so does the Pokemon in the other linked slot (slot 2).
  • Inverted Status: All status effects (with secondary effects) do the opposite of what they normally do.
  • JudgmentMons: Every Pokemon learns Judgment.
  • Leg Up: Pokemon in tiers lower than OU can have more than 4 moves. Lower tier = more slots. The extra slots can be used to use moves that are not in the Pokemon's movepool.
  • Let it evolve: Pokemon with an evolution can evolve midbattle once to that evolution.
  • Lightweights: All pokemon's base speed is recalculated using the formula new speed = 150/([weight]^1/5)
  • Max PP Revision: PP cannot be increased from the base number. AKA no PP Max/PP Up.
  • MewMons: Provided your highest stat is below 150, all your stats reach that same level.
  • Minimons: Only pokemon that are 2'00" feet or lower (0.6m) are allowed.
  • Mixmons: Highest offensive stat become both Attack and Special Attack. Highest defensive stat (not HP) becomes both Defense and Special Defense.
  • Moodymons: All Pokemon have Moody on top of their original ability.
  • Move Bridge: Pokemon can gain access to another Pokemon's ability if they have a move that the other Pokemon can learn in their moveset.
  • No NFE Tier Shift: Lower Tiered Pokemon get boosts to make them OU viabile, however, NFEs do not recieve said boosts.
  • OGmons: You can only use Gen1 Pokemon.
  • Overkill: If an attack does more damage than required to KO a pokemon, the surplus damage turns into a reward for the attacker.
  • Our Final Battle: If one of your pokemon faint, you lose.
  • Plate Expansion: Holding a Plate allows a Pokemon to learn every move of the Plate's corresponding type.
  • Pokemon Chess: Chess Based OM where role is decided based on team slot. There are prerequisites to qualify for a role and each role gets new toys. Player loses if Pokemon in King slot dies.
  • Pokemon Eviolution: Holding eviolite gives base stat boosts. Boosts vary based on base stats.
  • Pokemon Shuffle Showdown: Pokemon Shuffle based metagame.
  • Praise Mimez: All pokemon gain access to Mr. Mime's movepool and abilities.
  • Primal Soul: All Pokemon can become Primal using a "Primal Orb". They get offensive/defensive base stat changes based on shininess.
  • PriorityMons: Every Pokemon gets access to Prankster and every priority move.
  • Rank Shift: Pokemon are boosted based on their position in Tiers' viability rankings.
  • Redistribution: Stats are moved around according to what slot of the team each Pokemon is in.
  • Reverse Sleep Clause: You win if all your Pokemon are asleep but lose if all your opponent's Pokemon have fainted.
  • Sabeteur-mons: You swap teams with the opponent when the battle starts.
  • Secondary Effects Rebound: Moves' secondary effects affect the user of the move.
  • Sharing is Caring: Items held Pokemon on the field are shared with the opposing Pokemon, meaning they are both affected by it (life orb on one pokemon means both lose hp when attacking.)
  • Simplemons: All Pokemon have the ability Simple alongside its regular ability.
  • Smogon Bird!: No species clause on Talonflame.
  • SNABmons: Pokemon get STAB boost on status moves that match its typing.
  • Statistical Abilities: Pokemon gain access to abilities of Pokemon with base stat totals equal to its base stat total.
  • Stat Borrow: Pokemon borrow the highest stat from another pokemon in their team and vice versa.
  • Stat Groups: Pokemon get base stat boosts based on their Experience Group.
  • Stat Reversal: Base Stats are flipped: 5 -> 50, 105->501, 30->3
  • Stat Share: There are three pairs on pokemon (Slot 1 + Slot 2, Slot 3 + Slot 4, Slot 5+ Slot 6). Each pair has their stats averaged down, and that becomes the stat spread for both pokemon.
  • Status Attack Switch: Status moves become attacks, and attacks with secondary effects become status moves.
  • Stick With It: All Stat changes and statuses stay even if the Pokemon switch out.
  • Survival Cup: Every team has one Pioneer. The way to win is by defeating the Pioneer. There is no team preview and you can't know who the pioneer is.
  • Switchmons: Every three turns, you are forced to switch out.
  • Take Half: Take half of one stat and add it too another based on Nature.
  • Team Stats: Pokemon in slots 1&2, 3&4, and 5&6 can swap their stats with each other, provided that at least one pokemon in each swappable position is shiny.
  • The Classroom: Little Cup based metagame where your Pokémon are grouped into 5 possible classes based on their highest base stat (disregarding HP): Warrior (Attack), Knight (Defence), Mage (Special Attack), Cleric (Special Defence) and Thief (Speed).
  • The Wobuffet meta: Pokemon have 6 moveslots: 4 moves you pick in the teambuilder + Mirror Coat and Counter.
  • Tiermons: Teams must have one Pokemon from every tier.
  • Time Gears On: You can reset the last 5 turns one time.
  • Trickle Down Stats: Pokemon's stats are passed to the Pokemon below it alphabetically in the Pokedex.
  • Turbo Items: Item effects are doubled.
  • Turns: At the end of ten turns, the one with the most alive Pokemon wins.
  • Typeless Battles: All types are replaced to become Normal type.
  • Type Mix: Dual typed pokes only has weaknesses of secondary typing but resistances and immunities of primary typing.
  • Type Trinity: Pokemon in slots 1-3 must form a type triangle (like Fire Water Grass) and the primary types of the Pokemon from slots 1-3 are added to slots 4-6 in this order: 1->4, 2->5, 3->6.
  • Unawaremons: Every Pokemon gets Unaware on top of its regular ability.
  • Underdogs: Pokemon with base stats below a certain threshold gain unique buffs to compensate.
  • Utility Belt: Pokémon may hold extra items which will be placed in their moveslots. Any moveslots occupied by items will not be able to have a move in them.
  • Weather or not!: Weather related items give the holder the power to summon said weather.

Submissions Guidelines:
The guidelines for OM Submissions can be found here.

Here are some other useful resources! Use these when you submit your OM to make it cleaner and more professional.
The Workshop - Request art here
OM Tiering Guidelines
OP Template

How do you know if your metagame is ready to be submitted?
There's no real rules that dictate exactly when your metagame idea is ready for OM Submissions, but it's recommended that you get feedback from the community first and have a strong idea of what direction you want to take your meta, as far as banlists, co-leader, and premise go. Additionally, a strong tell that your metagame is ready for submissions is if one of our moderators (In The Hills, Isaiah, Ransei, UT, drampa's grandpa, Kris) or other submission readers (Eli, iapt, Instruct, berry) like your post, it generally means your metagame has piqued our interest (feedback we give should be given highest priority as well.)

Make sure that you yourself fulfill the requirements to submit a metagame, and keep in mind that a user with more OM experience is likely to be taken more seriously in submissions.
GEN-WARP
premise:
Have you ever thought

"snMH GaMEfrErek poWre CReeP y nO SnOralax uBurz !1!!

No?
Well, too bad, I present Gen warp, where you get to choose what generational rules apply to your pokemon by naming it, bringing back the viability of older mons without unbalancing new ones.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The gist: naming your Snorlax "gen 1" lets you give it max evs and use its speed in critical calculations like a RBG Boi, but you can't hold an item and die on freeze

Ofc, pokemon can only call back to their intro generation because gen 3 Hatterene doesn't make sense.

Finally, any generational mismatches are considered from the defenders perspective to avoid issues.

Ex- gen 3 skamory gets to resist a gen 9 knock off

Ex- gen 3 salamance takes 1x damage from moonblast because fairy didn't exist, but it also can't use the flyinium z it's holding

Ex- gen 1 Chansey would use its combined special stat to calc incoming gen 9 ice beam

Initial banlist-
Baton pass/evasion - 'nuff said

Mew and mewtwo arw scary asf, with no weaknesses in the form of gen 1 Psychic and access to almost any move from any generation

Lati twins

Pre-nerf draco meteor and thunder in an ou meta? Probably not…

And probably the Natdex gen 8 BL ( plus any gen 9 ubers)

Questions:
What is your guys opinion on how environmental effects should work?

Ex, Does gen4 Tyranitar set infinite sand?
Also, sleep moves, yay or nay?

GEN-WARP
premise:
Have you ever thought

No?
Well, too bad, I present Gen warp, where you get to choose what generational rules apply to your pokemon by naming it, bringing back the viability of older mons without unbalancing new ones.
The gist: naming your Snorlax "gen 1" lets you give it max evs and use its speed in critical calculations like a RBG Boi, but you can't hold an item and die on freeze

Ofc, pokemon can only call back to their intro generation because gen 3 Hatterene doesn't make sense.

Finally, any generational mismatches are considered from the defenders perspective to avoid issues.

Ex- gen 3 salamance takes 1x damage from moonblast because fairy didn't exist, but it also can't use the flyinium z it's holding

Ex- gen 1 Chansey would use its combined special stat to calc incoming gen 9 ice beam

Initial banlist-

Mew and mewtwo arw scary asf, with no weaknesses in the form of gen 1 Psychic and access to almost any move from any generation

Lati twins

Questions:

I think environmental effects should have the gen of the setter. Question: would naming something a past gen give the mon that gen movepool? (Like would a pex named “gen 7” get knock and scald).

AbilityOverload

Premise:
A OM where pokemon can place abilities in there move slots as long as they still have a normal move.

like this
:sv/Great Tusk: Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Scrappy
- Regenerator
This moveset only has sacrificed two attacks for two abilities regenerator giving it recovery and scrappy allowing rapid spin to hit ghodengo and other spin blockers.

Potential Bans and Threats:
other then the abilities that are always banned in OM like Wonder Guard, huge power, poison heal, simple, Orichalcum Pulse, Comatose, etc
Abilities (move slot)

tinted lens since it could make up for give up coverage moves if only quad resits and immunity can switch in.

Stakeout because it's stakeout.

Regenerator for allowing pokemon like great tusk to get the recovery that normally holds them back from being to powerful

Good as gold allowing any ghost type to block hazard removal

fur coat and ice scales they could be more balenced here since you have to give up a move slot for them meaning the pokemon has less utility/offensive presence there proably still to powerful.

Triage since on fighting pokemon it could replace mach punch + drain punch combo with just +3 drain punch which could be to powerful.

Most power boosting ability like adaptability/sword of ruin/Beads of Ruin

Armor Tail would let a sweeper way harder to revenge kill

The combo of Hadron Engine + Quark Drive.
The combo of Hadron engine + Surge surfer.
Primortal sea + swift swim.
The combo of Drought + Chlorophyll.
Pokemon
:sv/great tusk: Great tusk
because scrappy allowing it to hit gholdengo and other ghost with rapid spin and allowing it to just run fighting while still hitting ghosts.

:sv/noivern: Noivern got banned from AAA due to its Aerilate sets and being able to run a second and even third ability to boost damage even more could make it to much to handle this would likey need to be a day one ban Especially if tinted lens is allowed.

:sv/Iron Valiant: Iron Valiant It got banned from AAA due to its sheer power with sheer force and giving it something Hadron Engine boosting its spa twice or its spa once and speed once is insane.

:/sv/Iron Bundle: Iron bundle with only needing to run two stab moves to get perfect coverage. This pokemon and being able to abuse hadron engine to boost is speed and spa or spa twice, and with primordial sea giving it switch in opportunities with a fire immunity. While boosting damage even more and also being able to run speck or life orb with the boosted speed making it hard to revenge kill. This is a beast that will need to be a day zero ban.
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Heavy Rain: 306-360 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

:sv/Iron Moth: Iron moth get a few options it can be a AV gholdengo wall or use Hadron Engine to boost spa stacking with quark drive making it a wall breaking beast as well as able to use Desolate Land to boost morning sun and fire moves.

:sv/sandy shocks: Sandy shocks a Hadron Engine user that can also run Refrigerate tri attack to kill a ground type switching in to block a volt switch or a electric immune flying type.

:sv/Garganacl: Garganacl sand stream and Regenerator are really powerful since it only needs to run salt cure and some sort of recovery option.

:sv/Ting-lu: Ting-lu recovery in Regenenerator it all that ting lu is really missing.

:sv/Dragonite: Dragonite dragon dance/choice band sweeper with Aerilate extreme speed similar to noivern.

:sv/chi-yu: chi-yu because chi-yu already has a damage boosting ability that could destory blissy with sun it being able to set is't own sun with Desolate Land and became immune to water moves and Adaptability overheat looks way to powerful to wall without something like ice scales blissy.

:sv/chien-pao: Chien-pao like chi-yu they already have damage boosting ability so chien-pao with Sword of Ruin,Adaptability,Strong Jaw, choice band with crunch would also be to powerful not even thinking about stakeout or even that chien-pao could run guts instead of a choice band.

:sv/Talonflame: Talonflame can now run Magic Guard allowing it to run life orb with no cost and brave bird with gale wings more then once making it a solid revenge killer. It can also run Regenerator to heal chip damage to get back up to gale wings range.

:sv/ditto: Ditto gets a slight buff since it can set weather/terrain for team mates or Psychic Surge just to block priority and be immune to hazards with magic guard and heal up with Regenenerator* this is assuming that ditto's Abilities wouldn't cary over to the transformation. *depends on how imposter would work with Regenenerator.

:sv/rotom-wash::sv/Corviknight: bluky pivit pokemon like rotom wash and Corviknight can now run just pivot move sets with the other moves being replaced with Regenenerator plus iminuty abilities, or stuff like ice scales/fur coat/fluffy alowing them to switch in tank a big hit and switch out. Also they can run Wimp Out to swap in and tank then instantly switch out.

:sv/pawmot::sv/rabsca:Like a lot of OM's Revival Blessing will need to get banned since pawmot/rabsca could run prankster plus harvest lappa berry with drought/rest/encore, in other words unlimited Revival Blessing with prankster would just bring back gen 9 natdex AG ptsd.

:sv/gholdengo: Gholdengo can run just two attack with a scarf/specks and damage boosting abilities, or well baked body/earth eater/Bulletproof, or it can run a quick feet set with recover and shadow ball, and one of the aforementioned abilities or make it rain. Gholdengo can also run steel worker + Steely Spirit + specks + Beads of Ruin/Adaptability to destroy even a blissy.
+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Steelworker Beads of Ruin Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 522-615 (73.1 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(the plus 1 is from Steely Spirit)

:sv/Barraskewda: Barraskewda swift swim + Primordial Sea out speeds everything without any speed investment and can run adaptability/tinited lens to destroy everything.

:sv/toxapex: Toxapex can run Corrosion with toxic instead of any damaging attacks and can run unaware instead of haze, allowing it to be a wall that can stall a lot of sweepers.

:sv/Baxcalibur: Baxcalibur Technician loaded dice Icicle Spear with dragon dance/choice band plus other damaging boosting abilities would be crazy.

:sv/Avalugg: Avalugg this wall can become nearly unkillable physically with fur coat/fluffy with unaware making it great at walling Baxcalibur. This mon can also run snow warning to heal up with ice body and leftovers to heal 12% every turn and boost the power of body press.

:sv/Gastrodon: Gastrodon gholdengo wall with unaware that is all i need to say.

FAQ
How will skill swap and trace/role work? they would pick the Pokemon non moveslot ability to swap/copy.
How would imposter work with this would they keep there abilities after transforming? up to the Dev to decide.

Questions For The Community:
Is this to similar to AAA or Pokebilities.
should i limit the move slot ability count to 2 instead of 3
Can you help me come up with a better name I'm not very good at naming.
I think this is going to very quickly degenerate into teams of 6 priority spammers with banded Adaptability tough claw technican

I think environmental effects should have the gen of the setter. Question: would naming something a past gen give the mon that gen movepool? (Like would a pex named “gen 7” get knock and scald).
Yeah, they would get that gen's move pool
That means there's strategy, ex gen 1 snorlax won't have belly drum

Gen 8 weavile gets power whip back

UT

The sand hurts my feelings
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
GEN-WARP
premise:
Have you ever thought

No?

Initial banlist-

Lati twins

Questions:

This is far too complex and subjective to work as an OM. Especially when you get into stuff like “Fairy is neutral against a gen5 Dragon.”

This would not be approved as an OM

I kinda agree in that offense would be to strong with merely adaptability + Sor and god forbid tinted lens.
tinted lens would be banned, because it's tinted lens.

I think this is going to very quickly degenerate into teams of 6 priority spammers with banded Adaptability tough claw technican
There is counter play to priority spam such as Psychic Surge or Dazzling.
It would still proably be very offensive metagame.

Last edited:
Dynamoves
Premise:

Every attacking move, in addition to their usual effect, gains the effect of its Dynamax move. For example, Flamethrower will have a 10% chance to burn AND automatically set up harsh sunlight, Brave Bird will cause recoil AND automatically boost speed, Moonblast will have a 30% chance to drop special attack AND automatically set up Misty Terrain, etc..

Potential Bans:
Moves that already guarantee a boost in a given stat, such as Torch Song, may be too powerful for the OM.
Speed-boosting abilities, including Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Slush Rush, and Surge Surfer.
Terablast, as it would theoretically give any Pokémon the ability to gain any Dynamax benefit.
The Garganacl evolution line, or maybe just Salt Cure. Garganacl and Naclstack already have insane bulk and use Salt Cure for passive damage, and adding Sandstorm to the passive damage is one thing, but giving Garganacl a special defense boost from Sandstorm as well may make it too defensive.
Fake Out, which would have the ability to guarantee a flinch and lower an opponent's speed.

Questions:
If a Pokémon has a Gigantamax form, will their moves receive Gigantamax boosts or Dynamax boosts? Take Gengar for instance, will Gengar's Ghost-type moves receive the boosts from G-Max Terror or Max Phantasm? For the sake of simplicity, and the fact that some Gigantamax moves may be too powerful, Gigantamax effects will be ignored.
Will this OM pertain to singles or doubles? Honestly, I think either or would be a lot of fun. However, I had singles in mind when coming up with this.

Potential Strategies and Gimmicks:
Choice Scarfed Pokémon with Volt Switch easily set up Electric Terrain for Quark Drive sweepers, however it is easily shut down if a Psychic, Grass, or Fairy move is used.
Iron Treads has access to Steel Roller, Quark Drive, and Electric-type moves. This would allow for some interesting gimmicks between terrains constantly changing.
Defiant and Competitive Pokémon, as well as Corviknight with Mirror Armor, will greatly benefit from stat-reducing Dynamax effects.
Unaware Pokémon, Haze, and Clear Smog would be popular in this OM.

Dynamoves
Premise:

Every attacking move, in addition to their usual effect, gains the effect of its Dynamax move. For example, Flamethrower will have a 10% chance to burn AND automatically set up harsh sunlight, Brave Bird will cause recoil AND automatically boost speed, Moonblast will have a 30% chance to drop special attack AND automatically set up Misty Terrain, etc..

Potential Bans:
Moves that already guarantee a boost in a given stat, such as Torch Song, may be too powerful for the OM.
Speed-boosting abilities, including Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Slush Rush, and Surge Surfer.
Terablast, as it would theoretically give any Pokémon the ability to gain any Dynamax benefit.
The Garganacl evolution line, or maybe just Salt Cure. Garganacl and Naclstack already have insane bulk and use Salt Cure for passive damage, and adding Sandstorm to the passive damage is one thing, but giving Garganacl a special defense boost from Sandstorm as well may make it too defensive.
Fake Out, which would have the ability to guarantee a flinch and lower an opponent's speed.

Questions:
If a Pokémon has a Gigantamax form, will their moves receive Gigantamax boosts or Dynamax boosts? Take Gengar for instance, will Gengar's Ghost-type moves receive the boosts from G-Max Terror or Max Phantasm? For the sake of simplicity, and the fact that some Gigantamax moves may be too powerful, Gigantamax effects will be ignored.
Will this OM pertain to singles or doubles? Honestly, I think either or would be a lot of fun. However, I had singles in mind when coming up with this.

Potential Strategies and Gimmicks:
Choice Scarfed Pokémon with Volt Switch easily set up Electric Terrain for Quark Drive sweepers, however it is easily shut down if a Psychic, Grass, or Fairy move is used.
Iron Treads has access to Steel Roller, Quark Drive, and Electric-type moves. This would allow for some interesting gimmicks between terrains constantly changing.
Defiant and Competitive Pokémon, as well as Corviknight with Mirror Armor, will greatly benefit from stat-reducing Dynamax effects.
Unaware Pokémon, Haze, and Clear Smog would be popular in this OM.
I think this will be too offensive and have too high a banlist to make work even tho I like it.

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Yeah, I don't see why it would have to be rejected for using dynamax when is not using dynamax, is just using it as inspiration and to not be arbitrary as there would be a precedent for the chosen effects.
But either way, I don't think this concept would work as it just promotes snow balling over anything else, is not exactly balanced otherwise we would have seen it last gen as it was an idea that appeared a few times back then, and I think most of what can be said about it was already said and there isn't much point to it anymore.

But either way, I don't think this concept would work as it just promotes snow balling over anything else, is not exactly balanced otherwise we would have seen it last gen as it was an idea that appeared a few times back then, and I think most of what can be said about it was already said and there isn't much point to it anymore.
While snowballing would be a concern, I don't think it would be as prevalent as you say due to the fact that there would be a lot of counterplay. For example, attacks that always lower stats would counter attacks that always raise them. Unaware, Clear Smog, and Haze would be everywhere. If you anticipate a setup sweeper to use a Psychic move to prevent priority, send in a Dark-type. Based on the mechanics, players would likely dedicate at least one team slot to purely anti-meta Pokémon, of which there are a lot:

Murkrow holding an Eviolite and running Haze would block setup sweepers from setting up Psychic Terrain, remove stat changes, and eat hits.
Corviknight with Mirror Armor would send stat drops back at the attacker.
Espathra with Opportunist would steal stat boosts, and could set up its own Psychic Terrain easily.
Cloyster with Skill Link and Pin Missile would be able to drop Special Attack of opponents a guaranteed 5 times.
Roaring Moon with Scale Shot would be able to drop Attack of opponents 2-5 times.
Unaware Pokémon would do what Unaware Pokémon do best.
Defiant/Competitive Pokémon would use stat drops to their advantage.
Sturdy Pokémon would be able to land a big hit before fainting. Namely, Counter and Mirror Coat would be common.
Steel-Type Pokémon would prevent opponents from boosting Special Attack via Poison-type moves.
Ghost-Type Pokémon would prevent opponents from boosting Physical Attack via Fighting-type moves.

I didn't consider this initially, but multi-strike moves specifically grant a lot of options when it comes to dealing with setup sweepers. When you consider the multi-strike moves available in Scarlet and Violet, there's Arm Thrust, Bone Rush, Bullet Seed, Fury Attack, Fury Swipes, Icicle Spear, Pin Missile, Rock Blast, Scale Shot, Water Shuriken, Population Bomb, Double Hit, Double Kick, Dragon Darts, Dual Chop, Dual Wingbeat, Triple Dive, and Twin Beam; 18 moves in total. 6 of these moves set up terrain or weather, meaning the multi-strike effect isn't important. 8 of these moves would lower stats two or more times, meaning they'd be used purely as a check to setup sweepers. The last 4 moves in this list are Arm Thrust, Bone Rush, Double Kick, and Dual Wingbeat:

Arm Thrust can be found in the move list of Pawmot, Iron Hands, Hariyama and Heracross. Pawmot cannot learn any Flying or Psychic attacking moves, so as a threat it could be easily targetted. Iron Hands and Hariyama already get Belly Drum, Hariyama does get Bullet Punch and Zen Headbutt too but would be shooting itself in the foot by running both on the same moveset, and Heracross honestly might just need a ban between an Arm Thrust and Aerial Ace plus Guts combo.
Bone Rush is a Lucario-exclusive move, and Lucario has enough counterplay to where it wouldn't cause a burden on the meta.
Double Kick and Dual Wingbeat honestly might just need to be banned, considering the kind of Pokémon with access to them.

In retrospect, there definitely is some tweaking needed and some additional moves or Pokémon may need banning, but that would make this meta no different from the other OMs that face quickbans upon testing. I don't think snowballing would become too big of a concern, considering the counterplay.

Metagame Title: STAB Roulette
In one sentence: Pokemon receive four random STAB moves
Potential Pokemon bans: Anything Steel/Fairy, and anything with a BST over 600. Otherwise, everything is fair game! This is meant to be a fun and chaotic metagame where everything is up to the luck of the draw.

Ability bans: Anything that negates a Type. Levitate, Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, et cetera.
Questions:
- Should Pokemon also have random Abilities?
- Should the movesets be decided via a limited version of Metronome, or should they simply be generated at the start of the fight?
- Would this be better served as a Singles or Doubles format?

I'm pretty new to OM, so any feedback on this (admittedly kinda stupid) idea is appreciated!

Metagame Title: STAB Roulette
In one sentence: Pokemon receive four random STAB moves
Potential Pokemon bans: Anything Steel/Fairy, and anything with a BST over 600. Otherwise, everything is fair game! This is meant to be a fun and chaotic metagame where everything is up to the luck of the draw.

Ability bans: Anything that negates a Type. Levitate, Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, et cetera.
Questions:
- Should Pokemon also have random Abilities?
- Should the movesets be decided via a limited version of Metronome, or should they simply be generated at the start of the fight?
- Would this be better served as a Singles or Doubles format?

I'm pretty new to OM, so any feedback on this (admittedly kinda stupid) idea is appreciated!
I don’t think an om with this much rng would be allowed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)