Project Metagame Workshop

What would you change to make it less arbitrary would making every status move legal make this better?
Yes, making every status move legal is basically Pacifistmons. There are actual strategies in Pacificst mons rather than spamming Self-Destruct or Explosion all day.

To my knowldge, Pacificstmons hasn’t been submitted yet and is not a Gen 9 OM. Maybe you could submit it if you are interested.

Ignite
Edited version of prior post
Premise: You have to use explosion and self-destruct as attacking options while using status/sandstorm to inflict damage to opposing pokemon.
Potential bans: Pokemon that can't easily worn down by status either by being immune or being immune from weather condition damage. Leech Seed
Question: Would having to have a corrosion ability user to be on your team just to toxic steel types be too much to get this approved?
Also with the few explosion/self-destruct users in the current meta will this make it too hard to win?
Banlist:
Attacking moves except explosion and self-destruct.
Tera ghost is banned.

Item bans:
Focus Sash

Abilities:
Purifying Salt

With this om, the only attacking pokemon are slow usually defensive pokemon having access to the explosion/self-destruct will mean the meta will focus on BO but it will be vastly different. Stall can work but without access to their usual tools such as foul play they will be far to passive.

Buffed moves
Taunt - Taunt may be the most important move in this meta as it can prevent recovery that could prevent the explosion/selfdestruct from doing the damage necessary to get the OHKO's.

Recover and its clones - these will allow for great longevity though they can be prevented very easily with taunts far greater usage than normal metas.

Encore - Could just be the most abuseable tech as you could be boosting your defense and get locked into it while the opponent can toxic your pokemon or set sandstorm up.

Speed - Pokemon that have naturally high speed maybe able to do fast taunts which will give them a niche even if they can't do any damage with attacks.

Yes, making every status move legal is basically Pacifistmons. There are actual strategies in Pacificst mons rather than spamming Self-Destruct or Explosion all day.

To my knowldge, Pacificstmons hasn’t been submitted yet and is not a Gen 9 OM. Maybe you could submit it if you are interested.
Spamming those won't let you win due to pokemon with higher defence typically being preferred in this meta

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I can't see this working, you could at least let everyone have access to Explosion to not be so restrictive in what you can use, and even then there isn't much reason to play anything other than stall without heavy bans that wouldn't just turn into, avoiding using Explosion.
Like the main strategy would just be trying to not use Explosion and that opposite Explosion can't ohko you, it would just be too restrictive and repetitive.

I can't see this working, you could at least let everyone have access to Explosion to not be so restrictive in what you can use, and even then there isn't much reason to play anything other than stall without heavy bans that wouldn't just turn into, avoiding using Explosion.
Like the main strategy would just be trying to not use Explosion and that opposite Explosion can't ohko you, it would just be too restrictive and repetitive.
If everything could use it, either the highest physical defense pokemon who also has a great attack stat will always be used or very fast sweepers will be able to use a tera normal boosted explosion without being stopped easily.

An example set that would be what I am thinking it will be like.

Revavroom @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Self-Destruct
- Parting Shot
- Taunt

Ignite
This meta is based on Ou so follows relevant bans.
Premise: You have to use explosion and self-destruct as attacking options while using status/sandstorm to inflict damage to opposing pokemon.
Potential bans: Pokemon that can't easily worn down by status either by being immune or being immune from weather condition damage. Leech Seed
Question: Would having to have a corrosion ability user to be on your team just to toxic steel types be too much to get this approved?
Also with the few explosion/self-destruct users in the current meta will this make it too hard to win?
Banlist:
All forms of recovery moves
Heal Bell.
Evasion moves.
Attacking moves except explosion and self-destruct.
Defence boosting moves e.g. Iron Defence, Curse.
Tera ghost is banned.
Substitute
Item bans:
Focus Sash
Defence boost berry's
Purifying Salt

Only users
View attachment 492120
View attachment 492121
It would be really… bizarre? Some of these bans don’t make sense (y defense boost berrys)

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
56888614-AAE7-4602-A8F4-308B7363266B.jpeg

banner by me very quickly on my phone
EXPLODÉMONS
Initial idea arose when I saw this tweet on Twitter
BDF73E8C-D72E-4EF8-B2D6-C8BF20C45B88.png
Look I found it funny ok

Metagame premise:
- Described in a sentence, this OM would be a bit like hot potato but with Pokémon. A bomb/potato/insert-exploding-thing-here can be passed around by attacks. It would explode after a set amount of turns (I’m thinking between 3-5 but this is up for debate)
- Fastest mon on the field gets the bomb on turn 0 (battle start)
- You can get rid of the bomb by:
- 1) Targeting your opponent with a successful attack, not including to status moves. (If this were to ever get a doubles iteration, I’d need to figure out what to do with spread moves )
- 2) Switching out. This would remove the bomb from the field, and a new bomb would be placed with the fastest mon on the field at the end of the turn.
- If you get caught with the bomb when it explodes, your mon dies! (Oh no) (this is up for debate)

Potential bans and threats:
- Momentum my beloved The bomb adds another dimension of strategy to the game.
- The idea is that no one wants the bomb on their mon when it’s about to go off.
- This could promote careful positioning to force your opponent into a situation where they have to switch to avoid getting exploded on, for example.
- It also should benefit pivoting greatly, as in addition to chipping away at your opponent’s mon, pressure is exerted on the opposition to get in a better position to avoid the bomb going off. I expect faster offensive pivots like Cinderace and Dragapult will no doubt enjoy this, but slower pivots will benefit more as they will be able to bring in strong attackers while shifting the bomb onto the opponent, for example Corviknight and uhhhh
- Wait where are our slow pivots
- Stall™️ Ah yes, the Smogon special. I have a feeling stall will take a hit here, as offensive teams will be able to exert ridiculous pressure on passive mons like Toxapex. I could be proven wrong however
- Hyper Offense Could be stupidly strong. Offense in general will get buffs here

- I expect the banlist would probably be similar to OU, although I’d like to start with a (mainly) empty ban list. This OM wouldn’t affect viability of mons drastically.
- However if I were to select a few current OU mons to watch, I’d have my eyes on Dragapult, due to its great offensive versatility and ability to pivot with U-turn to the benefit of its team.

Questions for the community: there are a lot sorry
- What do you think should be the interaction of the bomb with certain abilities/items? The main ones I’m thinking about are covert cloak, magic guard (when it returns), good as gold, and abilities/moves to do with dying (eg destiny bond and aftermath)
- What kind of power level would you want the metagame to operate at? I’m going for an OU standard but would it be more fun to play at Ubers level instead?
- How many turns should the bomb go off in?
- How should spread moves pass on bombs?
- Do you have any other suggestions for the bomb mechanic?
- Can you help me code, showdown repo won’t work on my computer

View attachment 492413
banner by me very quickly on my phone
EXPLODÉMONS
Initial idea arose when I saw this tweet on Twitter
View attachment 492412
Look I found it funny ok

Metagame premise:
- Described in a sentence, this OM would be a bit like hot potato but with Pokémon. A bomb/potato/insert-exploding-thing-here can be passed around by attacks. It would explode after a set amount of turns (I’m thinking between 3-5 but this is up for debate)
- Fastest mon on the field gets the bomb on turn 0 (battle start)
- You can get rid of the bomb by:
- 1) Targeting your opponent with a successful attack, not including to status moves. (If this were to ever get a doubles iteration, I’d need to figure out what to do with spread moves )
- 2) Switching out. This would remove the bomb from the field, and a new bomb would be placed with the fastest mon on the field at the end of the turn.
- If you get caught with the bomb when it explodes, your mon dies! (Oh no) (this is up for debate)

Potential bans and threats:
- Momentum my beloved The bomb adds another dimension of strategy to the game.
- The idea is that no one wants the bomb on their mon when it’s about to go off.
- This could promote careful positioning to force your opponent into a situation where they have to switch to avoid getting exploded on, for example.
- It also should benefit pivoting greatly, as in addition to chipping away at your opponent’s mon, pressure is exerted on the opposition to get in a better position to avoid the bomb going off. I expect faster offensive pivots like Cinderace and Dragapult will no doubt enjoy this, but slower pivots will benefit more as they will be able to bring in strong attackers while shifting the bomb onto the opponent, for example Corviknight and uhhhh
- Wait where are our slow pivots
- Stall™️ Ah yes, the Smogon special. I have a feeling stall will take a hit here, as offensive teams will be able to exert ridiculous pressure on passive mons like Toxapex. I could be proven wrong however
- Hyper Offense Could be stupidly strong. Offense in general will get buffs here

- I expect the banlist would probably be similar to OU, although I’d like to start with a (mainly) empty ban list. This OM wouldn’t affect viability of mons drastically.
- However if I were to select a few current OU mons to watch, I’d have my eyes on Dragapult, due to its great offensive versatility and ability to pivot with U-turn to the benefit of its team.

Questions for the community: there are a lot sorry
- What do you think should be the interaction of the bomb with certain abilities/items? The main ones I’m thinking about are covert cloak, magic guard (when it returns), good as gold, and abilities/moves to do with dying (eg destiny bond and aftermath)
- What kind of power level would you want the metagame to operate at? I’m going for an OU standard but would it be more fun to play at Ubers level instead?
- How many turns should the bomb go off in?
- How should spread moves pass on bombs?
- Do you have any other suggestions for the bomb mechanic?
- Can you help me code, showdown repo won’t work on my computer
This seems kinda fun and also kinda infuriating to play (just like irl hot potato). Yes it should be a doubles variant in my opinion because more pokemon means more fun (just like irl hot potato if you replace pokemon with people). I guess for spread moves you can choose which opponent it goes to? You could also do interesting strategies by passing the bomb with Helping Hand or Coaching to your teammate and then the opponent.

Wouldn’t slower pokemon be better? Then the faster of the two gets the bomb, it attacks first, passes it to the slower pokemon, and then the slower pokemon attacks, passing it back to the faster pokemon. Also set-up moves would be difficult to pull off because you’ll end up with the bomb no matter what.

The bomb is an instant stall breaker so yes, stall will be pretty garbage. I do disagree with hyper offense being the meta, because as I said earlier, slower pokemon seem to be better.

Your Questions:
I feel like the bomb should be inevitable. If something like Good as Gold were able to block it, Gholdengo would be stupid broken.

To my knowledge, OMs don’t go off standard tiers. “OU based” just means banning Koraidon and Miraidon in this case. I could see things like Chi-Yu not being super broken because you want to underspeed anyway.

I think the bomb should go off in 4 turns cause it is a balance from being so long that it is useless and so short that the entire game just ends in 10 turns.

I mentioned earlier, I don’t know if it is possible, but you can still pick the target regardless of being a spread move.

If the bomb ends up being too broken, maybe it takes away 50% of your max HP? idk

I dunno how to code lol

now for one of my scuffed ideas:
TeraSTABize

Premise:
Pokemon now gain all moves of their tera type, but can only use them when terastalized. Once terastalized, you cannot use moves that are not your tera type. All 6 pokemon can terastalize now.

Buffs and Nerfs:

:azumarill: Click Belly Drum. Tera Dark, spam Sucker Punch, win.

:cyclizar: Tera Normal for recovery and you can still use Shed Tail. Seems kinda broken.

:garganacl: Salt Cure and then tera poison for Toxic or tera bug for Infestation cripples any opposing pokemon. Tera bug also gives access to Leech Life since you lose Recover.

:dragonite: Tera Normal grants Shell Smash with Extreme Speed. Very scary. Maybe we need like a restriction list with things like Shell Smash. Or we can completely ban it.

Bulky walls that rely on recovery no longer can click Recover if they terastalize. They have to be tera normal to do so. Maybe you should not terastalize them at all.

Questions for Community:

Is it too similar to STABmons?

Will the meta be too offensive due to every pokemon being able to tera?

Is this too pet-moddy? I’ve had this idea before gen 9 even arrived but it went something along the lines of “all pokemon can use all moves same type as tera type” to “they can only do that when terastalized” to the premise in the starting of the post. Should I make any changes to the premise?

Will 4MSS kick in to high gear? You are most likely going to have less than 4 moves available. I don’t want to just increase the move limit cause that would 100% be a pet mod.

Is the reward for terastalizing greater than the risk? Otherwise, whats the point of it?

Should there be only a banlist or a restriction list as well? Something like Revival Blessing should probably be completely banned, but Shell Smash could be fine on native users.

Clas

My death was... greatly exaggerated
is a Tiering Contributor
stealing idea from here, but with a better premise. i also cant lead this since i already lead revelationmons, but this was just to throw it out there rather than anything so if this is somehow given the green light someone else can take the reins. this doesnt mean i wouldnt be out of helping out with the council side, however.

1-2 Switch!

This metagame effectively combines Singles and Doubles Pokemon into one metagame by having each Pokemon switch between "active" and "inactive" every few turns. On every odd turn, all Pokemon can attack, while on every even turn either the second or first Pokemon on each side is unable move or be targeted depending on if the turn follows a 2, 6, 10 turn pattern or 4, 8, 12 turn pattern. With such a major mechanical shift, who knows what could happen!

Rules
Mechanic: Doubles-based metagame where each Pokemon switches between active and inactive every few turns.
Clauses: Standard Doubles, Sleep Clause Mod
Bans: Annihilape, Flutter Mane, Koraidon, Miraidon, Tatsugiri, Shadow Tag

Strategy
i honestly have no idea at this point lol

Incresed Viability
:espathra: Protect becomes immensely more useful here, as being able to either stall out a Singles turn or Doubles turn can turn the tides quickly.

:hariyama: Fake Out can quickly and easily stall out a turn, being able to force a mechanic shift reliably while also preventing the target from moving if they lack a Covert Cloak. Feint also gains a lot more viability due to it mitigating Protect.

:wo-chien:Leech Seed and similar effects still harm inactive Pokemon if they were set beforehand, so it is possible to stall out turns like this to slowly whittle down and recover HP targets while being untouchable yourself.

:arcanine: Intimidate is fantastic as it is still able to affect inactive Pokemon. Defiant and Clear Amulet also gets an indirect buff from this, but Clear Amulet is decently niche and all the good Defiant Pokemon are already known.

Bag_Covert_Cloak_SV_Sprite.png
Covert Cloak is able to ignore Fake Out and similar effects without giving up much utility, which is amazing on a wide variety of Pokemon. I expect this to be a possible staple.

Decreased Viability
:murkrow: Tailwind is all-around nerfed badly. While some dedicated Tailwind setters like Murkrow and the rare Talonflame are only affected minimally, more often than not the offensive Pokemon are setting Tailwind themselves. This means that either their partner or themself will often be the one unable to do anything the next turn, and the few times the setter is the only one active will likely be spent using Protect or inerting less passive pressure. Tailwind effectively being active for 3 turns doesn't help much, either.

:tyranitar: Spread moves like Rock Slide and Earthquake receive a substantial nerf, as the single-target effect only comes into play when there is only one target on the field and not when there are two effectively non-existent Pokemon. This is especially the case for opponent-only spread moves, as half the time only one Pokemon can be hit while still receiving the 0.75x damage boost.

Other Viability Shifts
:heat-rock::damp-rock::smooth-rock::icy-rock: Weather being harder to abuse means that setters will have to be careful with what they choose. Torkoal is likely to be an exception to this rule, however, as it tends to fair well alone in Doubles environments, both offensively and defensively.

:light-clay::indeedee-f: It's hard to predict if Screens/TR setters will gain a buff or nerf from such a mechanical change. On one hand, its much easier to set them up from the Singles-Doubles turn shifts, while on the other it becomes a lot easier to stall out said turns (and in the case of TR the support Pokemon are unable to support for half the duration).

Watchlist
:chien-pao::chi-yu: Being able to both offensively and defensively support its ally really helps in almost every situation, as removing 25% of your opponents' defense will always be incredibly strong.

:ting-lu::wo-chien: While notably less oppressive than Chien-Pao and Chi-Yu, the major defensive boost these two provide could be considered too much, especially considering how much more viable hazards and passive chip are here than standard Doubles.

:dondozo: Singles Dondozo with more set-up opportunities. This doesn't sound scary at all.

:iron-bundle: While a lot more manageable in Doubles, Iron Bundle is no stranger to tearing apart Singles formats. Having Icy Wind and Encore are nice bonuses too, although rarely will Icy Wind be doing any notable damage.

:espathra: If abilities still work in a state of inactivity, then Espathra can become scary incredibly quickly, and no explanation is needed for why. Espathra does have to be careful in a Double-battle state, though.

:palafin-hero: This menace is free to do stuff, although it cannot fit Drain Punch, Taunt, and Protect in two slots so Bulk Up sets are a little more manageable.

Questions for the community
Should abilities, items, and similar effects still activate for inactive Pokemon? While abilities have no in-game counterpart that is testable, items like Leftovers and other effects like Toxic and Leech Seed still activate on Commander Tatsugiri. However, other items like the Toxic Orb do not follow this rule and need to activate while the holder is active too, and so has some valid contestion.

Should moves that always hit be unable to hit inactive Pokemon? This would be unlike the in-game example of Commander, where those moves specifically can hit, although this removes a decent portion of the niche of the metagame idea in my opinion.

Last edited:

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
stealing idea from here, but with a better premise. i also cant lead this since i already lead revelationmons, but this was just to throw it out there rather than anything so if this is somehow given the green light someone else can take the reins. this doesnt mean i wouldnt be out of helping out with the council side, however.

1-2 Switch!

This metagame effectively combines Singles and Doubles Pokemon into one metagame by having each Pokemon switch between "active" and "inactive" every few turns. On every odd turn, all Pokemon can attack, while on every even turn either the second or first Pokemon on each side is unable move or be targeted depending on if the turn follows a 2, 6, 10 turn pattern or 4, 8, 12 turn pattern. With such a major mechanical shift, who knows what could happen!

Rules
Mechanic: Doubles-based metagame where each Pokemon switches between active and inactive every few turns.
Clauses: Standard Doubles, Sleep Clause Mod
Bans: Annihilape, Flutter Mane, Koraidon, Miraidon, Tatsugiri, Shadow Tag

Strategy
i honestly have no idea at this point lol

Incresed Viability
:espathra: Protect becomes immensely more useful here, as being able to either stall out a Singles turn or Doubles turn can turn the tides quickly.

:hariyama: Fake Out can quickly and easily stall out a turn, being able to force a mechanic shift reliably while also preventing the target from moving if they lack a Covert Cloak. Feint also gains a lot more viability due to it mitigating Protect.

:wo-chien:Leech Seed and similar effects still harm inactive Pokemon if they were set beforehand, so it is possible to stall out turns like this to slowly whittle down and recover HP targets while being untouchable yourself.

:arcanine: Intimidate is fantastic as it is still able to affect inactive Pokemon. Defiant and Clear Amulet also gets an indirect buff from this, but Clear Amulet is decently niche and all the good Defiant Pokemon are already known.

View attachment 492433 Covert Cloak is able to ignore Fake Out and similar effects without giving up much utility, which is amazing on a wide variety of Pokemon. I expect this to be a possible staple.

Decreased Viability
:murkrow: Tailwind is all-around nerfed badly. While some dedicated Tailwind setters like Murkrow and the rare Talonflame are only affected minimally, more often than not the offensive Pokemon are setting Tailwind themselves. This means that either their partner or themself will often be the one unable to do anything the next turn, and the few times the setter is the only one active will likely be spent using Protect or inerting less passive pressure. Tailwind effectively being active for 3 turns doesn't help much, either.

:tyranitar: Spread moves like Rock Slide and Earthquake receive a substantial nerf, as the single-target effect only comes into play when there is only one target on the field and not when there are two effectively non-existent Pokemon. This is especially the case for opponent-only spread moves, as half the time only one Pokemon can be hit while still receiving the 0.75x damage boost.

Other Viability Shifts
:heat-rock::damp-rock::smooth-rock::icy-rock: Weather being harder to abuse means that setters will have to be careful with what they choose. Torkoal is likely to be an exception to this rule, however, as it tends to fair well alone in Doubles environments, both offensively and defensively.

:light-clay::indeedee-f: It's hard to predict if Screens/TR setters will gain a buff or nerf from such a mechanical change. On one hand, its much easier to set them up from the Singles-Doubles turn shifts, while on the other it becomes a lot easier to stall out said turns (and in the case of TR the support Pokemon are unable to support for half the duration).

Watchlist
:chien-pao::chi-yu: Being able to both offensively and defensively support its ally really helps in almost every situation, as removing 25% of your opponents' defense will always be incredibly strong.

:ting-lu::wo-chien: While notably less oppressive than Chien-Pao and Chi-Yu, the major defensive boost these two provide could be considered too much, especially considering how much more viable hazards and passive chip are here than standard Doubles.

:dondozo: Singles Dondozo with more set-up opportunities. This doesn't sound scary at all.

:iron-bundle: While a lot more manageable in Doubles, Iron Bundle is no stranger to tearing apart Singles formats. Having Icy Wind and Encore are nice bonuses too, although rarely will Icy Wind be doing any notable damage.

:espathra: If abilities still work in a state of inactivity, then Espathra can become scary incredibly quickly, and no explanation is needed for why. Espathra does have to be careful in a Double-battle state, though.

:palafin-hero: This menace is free to do stuff, although it cannot fit Drain Punch, Taunt, and Protect in two slots so Bulk Up sets are a little more manageable.

Questions for the community
Should abilities, items, and similar effects still activate for inactive Pokemon? While abilities have no in-game counterpart that is testable, items like Leftovers and other effects like Toxic and Leech Seed still activate on Commander Tatsugiri. However, other items like the Toxic Orb do not follow this rule and need to activate while the holder is active too, and so has some valid contestion.

Should moves that always hit be unable to hit inactive Pokemon? This would be unlike the in-game example of Commander, where those moves specifically can hit, although this removes a decent portion of the niche of the metagame idea in my opinion.
Does't sounds bad, but we would need to sit down and decides the mechanics on inactive mons, I guess we could use rotation battles as a precedent to decide stuff, like switching, truant turns, plus+minus, etc., it would be quite mechanic unique and I fear that could be a problem or annoying for the coders, but I imagine it should be possible.
TeraSTABize

Premise:
Pokemon now gain all moves of their tera type, but can only use them when terastalized. Once terastalized, you cannot use moves that are not your tera type. All 6 pokemon can terastalize now.

Buffs and Nerfs:

:azumarill: Click Belly Drum. Tera Dark, spam Sucker Punch, win.

:cyclizar: Tera Normal for recovery and you can still use Shed Tail. Seems kinda broken.

:garganacl: Salt Cure and then tera poison for Toxic or tera bug for Infestation cripples any opposing pokemon. Tera bug also gives access to Leech Life since you lose Recover.

:dragonite: Tera Normal grants Shell Smash with Extreme Speed. Very scary. Maybe we need like a restriction list with things like Shell Smash. Or we can completely ban it.

Bulky walls that rely on recovery no longer can click Recover if they terastalize. They have to be tera normal to do so. Maybe you should not terastalize them at all.

Questions for Community:

Is it too similar to STABmons?

Will the meta be too offensive due to every pokemon being able to tera?

Is this too pet-moddy? I’ve had this idea before gen 9 even arrived but it went something along the lines of “all pokemon can use all moves same type as tera type” to “they can only do that when terastalized” to the premise in the starting of the post. Should I make any changes to the premise?

Will 4MSS kick in to high gear? You are most likely going to have less than 4 moves available. I don’t want to just increase the move limit cause that would 100% be a pet mod.

Is the reward for terastalizing greater than the risk? Otherwise, whats the point of it?

Should there be only a banlist or a restriction list as well? Something like Revival Blessing should probably be completely banned, but Shell Smash could be fine on native users.
Yeah, it does sound dangerously close to stabmons, we kind of have enough "expanded movepool" formats between stabmons, alphabet cup, sketchmons, and even stuff like inh and convergence to some degree, while being limited by tera add some unique mechanics I doubt it would be enough to be interesting in the long run, as it could result frustrating to play as to not be walled by something you have to tera and now lose your other coverage moves. And that's what makes it unique in the first place...

Teramons Blast

Premise:
1)
The move on your first slot has Tera Blast properties additionally to it's regular properties (Gains: Type = Tera Type, Phys/Special based on your highest attacking stat, Keeps: BP, PP, Secondary Effects, Accuracy)
2) No Tera limit
3) All of your mons Terastalize automatically

Potential Bans and Threats:
Would use a restricted moves list, where they cannot be used as your 1st slot.
:sv/Noivern: High BP drawbackless moves such as: Boomburst, Draco Meteor, Overheat, Last Respects
:sv/Iron Treads: Utility or otherwise moves that like both recieving STAB and getting rid of their immunities: Rapid Spin, Volt Switch, Extremespeed
:sv/Baxcalibur: Pokémon who would greatly enjoy a different typing: Ice Types, Volcarona, Wo-Chien
:sv/Espathra: Pokémon who would greatly enjoy a STABed coverage wildcard: Flutter Mane, Palafin, Iron Bundle
:sv/Dragonite: Dragonite

Questions for the Community:

What would be a better name?
Should Ubers be banned from the start?

Teramons Blast

Premise:
1)
The move on your first slot has Tera Blast properties additionally to it's regular properties (Gains: Type = Tera Type, Phys/Special based on your highest attacking stat, Keeps: BP, PP, Secondary Effects, Accuracy)
2) No Tera limit

:sv/Noivern: High BP drawbackless moves such as: Boomburst, Draco Meteor, Overheat, Last Respects
:sv/Iron Treads: Utility or otherwise moves that like both recieving STAB and getting rid of their immunities: Rapid Spin, Volt Switch, Extremespeed
:sv/Baxcalibur: Pokémon who would greatly enjoy a different typing: Ice Types, Volcarona, Wo-Chien
:sv/Espathra: Pokémon who would greatly enjoy a STABed coverage wildcard: Flutter Mane, Palafin, Iron Bundle

Usually Ubers are allowed -koraidon and miraidon so yea Ig.

Teramons Blast

Premise:
1)
2) No Tera limit

This feels like Revalationmons with the added fact that you terastalize on switch-in. Am I missing something?

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
Teramons Blast

Premise:
1)
2) No Tera limit

Unlimited tera sounds way too hard to balance by itself, as you will have 3 stabs on every mon to destroy any kind of defensive core, adding the ability to just run any move as a third stab that will come off of your highest attack could be way too much.
It could be fun, but as is it sounds too unbalanced.

VS_Lionel_Masters.pngMASTERS EX FORMATVS_Rojo_(Traje_S)_Masters.png

Have you ever heard of Pokémon Masters EX? Surely yes, especially because of a certain hashtag... but leaving that aside, I imagine that some of you have played this gatcha game made in collaboration with DeNa. If you have played it, you will know how it works, but those who have not, this consists of 3vs3 battles, that is, triple battles in real time. For this to work, a movement bar is used, which fills up based on the speed of the last unit that used a movement. For many of us who have played and for those who have tried and got bored, they will know the limitations of a gatcha game... not always getting your favorite units, spending a lot of time, frustration and so on, apart from the fact that this game does not have great challenges, the most "difficult" being the Champion Stadium, the Legendary Gauntlet and the "Extreme Battles" that come from time to time. One of the big problems that it presents apart from this is that despite having a multiplayer mode, it is extremely limited and cumbersome, since neither pvp nor pve exist as such.

So I thought a format that adapted the gameplay of Masters EX would be interesting. I'm aware that not everything can be adapted, but a large part of it can be adapted, because I think there are quite interesting things to create a game mode based on. So, I want to present the pillars of the masters game mode that could be adapted:

Passive Skills: Units usually present from 1 to 3 passive abilities by default, adding a 4th that is done through a rng method that the same player grants them. These abilities make the game quite versatile. In addition, there is a Sync Grid for most units, where you can select different additional effects to the units, the low limit being the use of a certain amount of orbs.

Terrains and Zones: Within the game there are the terrains that are also present in the main games, such as Electric Terrain, Psychic and Grass. However, a new quite similar concept was also added, the so-called "Zones", whose only effect is to enhance the movements of the corresponding type, there are Zones such as the Dragon Zone, the Poison Zone and even one replacing the Misty Terrain, called the Fairy Zone.

Sync Moves: Sync Moves are very similar to Z-Moves in power, plus they can only be used every certain amount of "turns", or rather, use of moves in this case. In addition to this, some have secondary effects, from invoking a Fight Zone to others that Mega Evolve certain units, even some Sync Moves feature the animations of Z-Moves as in the case of Kukui's Lycanroc, which uses Splintered Stormshards. Lastly, the Dynamax Moves mechanic was added a while ago. Dynamax lasts only one turn and acts akin to Sync Moves in that it is simply a powerful move. Each Max Move a Pokémon can have has different effects and some Sync Pairs have Passive Skills that react to the use of Max Moves either by the Sync pair, or against the Sync Pair.

B-Moves: Not long ago, some movements called Buddy Moves (or simply B-Moves) were added, which are normally deactivated for use, and in order to activate certain conditions, the grace of this is that they are usually quite powerful movements or that they have quite good secondary effects, it is for this reason that these movements are usually limited. To give an example, Red's Pikachu has B Volt Tackle, which activates as long as there is an Electric Terrain present on the field.

Type Rebuff: With the addition of Gourgeist not too long ago, a new mechanic was created called Type Rebuff, where you can decrease or increase the effectiveness (or resistance, depending on how you look at it) of a type on a unit. For example, Allister's Gourgeist Halloween move causes the target to lower their Ghost Type Rebuff by 1 rank, making the Ghost-type able to hit it harder.

Damage Field: When Bertha's Hippowdown unit was added, it came with the move Stealth Rocks, which to adapt to the game created a new "mechanic" called Damage Field, in this case it would be Rock Damage Field, and deals damage (corresponding to its type) to the opponent each time it uses a move. Recently added Fire Damage Field as a secondary effect of Lionel's Charizard's G-Max Wildfire.

Roles: The roles are fundamental in Masters EX, they tell you what function each unit fulfills, existing: Support, Tech and Strike. Each one being oriented in what its name indicates, in addition to the fact that thanks to the "EX" its effect when using Sync Move is different. The Support EX when using the Sync Move increases in 2 levels (instead of 1) the determination (which increases the power of the moves of the side), while the Tech EX have a 1.5 increase in the power of the Sync Move, and finally the Strike EX do area damage when using their Sync Move.

Metagame premise: I think the meta using the pillars I mentioned above plus other details like units only having one type and one weakness could work quite well. Plus, one of the advantages (or disadvantage) is that the game is constantly adding new mechanics and units, which in case of being faithful enough to the base game could make the meta always feel fresh.

Problems: One of the big problems is the amount of work to adapt, for example, the passive skills, in addition to having to create the units as such, being the characters of the game as such. A solution to this could be making a list of passive abilities and making customizable units, simply using the existing pokemon up to SV, selecting one of the types that the pokemon possesses, one of its weaknesses, and adding its passive habs, and moves, accordingly. to a preset list. Another problem is that the game is in "real time" which I find quite difficult to apply here, so it would have to be simply in turns.

So I would like to receive feedback from you, what do you think? excites you? do you feel like it's a lot of work? All constructive comments are welcome.

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma

Have you ever heard of Pokémon Masters EX? Surely yes, especially because of a certain hashtag... but leaving that aside, I imagine that some of you have played this gatcha game made in collaboration with DeNa. If you have played it, you will know how it works, but those who have not, this consists of 3vs3 battles, that is, triple battles in real time. For this to work, a movement bar is used, which fills up based on the speed of the last unit that used a movement. For many of us who have played and for those who have tried and got bored, they will know the limitations of a gatcha game... not always getting your favorite units, spending a lot of time, frustration and so on, apart from the fact that this game does not have great challenges, the most "difficult" being the Champion Stadium, the Legendary Gauntlet and the "Extreme Battles" that come from time to time. One of the big problems that it presents apart from this is that despite having a multiplayer mode, it is extremely limited and cumbersome, since neither pvp nor pve exist as such.

So I thought a format that adapted the gameplay of Masters EX would be interesting. I'm aware that not everything can be adapted, but a large part of it can be adapted, because I think there are quite interesting things to create a game mode based on. So, I want to present the pillars of the masters game mode that could be adapted:

Passive Skills: Units usually present from 1 to 3 passive abilities by default, adding a 4th that is done through a rng method that the same player grants them. These abilities make the game quite versatile. In addition, there is a Sync Grid for most units, where you can select different additional effects to the units, the low limit being the use of a certain amount of orbs.

Terrains and Zones: Within the game there are the terrains that are also present in the main games, such as Electric Terrain, Psychic and Grass. However, a new quite similar concept was also added, the so-called "Zones", whose only effect is to enhance the movements of the corresponding type, there are Zones such as the Dragon Zone, the Poison Zone and even one replacing the Misty Terrain, called the Fairy Zone.

Sync Moves: Sync Moves are very similar to Z-Moves in power, plus they can only be used every certain amount of "turns", or rather, use of moves in this case. In addition to this, some have secondary effects, from invoking a Fight Zone to others that Mega Evolve certain units, even some Sync Moves feature the animations of Z-Moves as in the case of Kukui's Lycanroc, which uses Splintered Stormshards. Lastly, the Dynamax Moves mechanic was added a while ago. Dynamax lasts only one turn and acts akin to Sync Moves in that it is simply a powerful move. Each Max Move a Pokémon can have has different effects and some Sync Pairs have Passive Skills that react to the use of Max Moves either by the Sync pair, or against the Sync Pair.

B-Moves: Not long ago, some movements called Buddy Moves (or simply B-Moves) were added, which are normally deactivated for use, and in order to activate certain conditions, the grace of this is that they are usually quite powerful movements or that they have quite good secondary effects, it is for this reason that these movements are usually limited. To give an example, Red's Pikachu has B Volt Tackle, which activates as long as there is an Electric Terrain present on the field.

Type Rebuff: With the addition of Gourgeist not too long ago, a new mechanic was created called Type Rebuff, where you can decrease or increase the effectiveness (or resistance, depending on how you look at it) of a type on a unit. For example, Allister's Gourgeist Halloween move causes the target to lower their Ghost Type Rebuff by 1 rank, making the Ghost-type able to hit it harder.

Damage Field: When Bertha's Hippowdown unit was added, it came with the move Stealth Rocks, which to adapt to the game created a new "mechanic" called Damage Field, in this case it would be Rock Damage Field, and deals damage (corresponding to its type) to the opponent each time it uses a move. Recently added Fire Damage Field as a secondary effect of Lionel's Charizard's G-Max Wildfire.

Roles: The roles are fundamental in Masters EX, they tell you what function each unit fulfills, existing: Support, Tech and Strike. Each one being oriented in what its name indicates, in addition to the fact that thanks to the "EX" its effect when using Sync Move is different. The Support EX when using the Sync Move increases in 2 levels (instead of 1) the determination (which increases the power of the moves of the side), while the Tech EX have a 1.5 increase in the power of the Sync Move, and finally the Strike EX do area damage when using their Sync Move.

Metagame premise: I think the meta using the pillars I mentioned above plus other details like units only having one type and one weakness could work quite well. Plus, one of the advantages (or disadvantage) is that the game is constantly adding new mechanics and units, which in case of being faithful enough to the base game could make the meta always feel fresh.

Problems: One of the big problems is the amount of work to adapt, for example, the passive skills, in addition to having to create the units as such, being the characters of the game as such. A solution to this could be making a list of passive abilities and making customizable units, simply using the existing pokemon up to SV, selecting one of the types that the pokemon possesses, one of its weaknesses, and adding its passive habs, and moves, accordingly. to a preset list. Another problem is that the game is in "real time" which I find quite difficult to apply here, so it would have to be simply in turns.

So I would like to receive feedback from you, what do you think? excites you? do you feel like it's a lot of work? All constructive comments are welcome.
This doesn't qualify as an OM, an OM is based around a singular simple rule that can be applied in a general way, you could try to make a petmod around this.

This feels like Revalationmons with the added fact that you terastalize on switch-in. Am I missing something?
If you wanna go that way it's kind of a partial version of Revmons+Catswap
Unlimited tera sounds way too hard to balance by itself, as you will have 3 stabs on every mon to destroy any kind of defensive core, adding the ability to just run any move as a third stab that will come off of your highest attack could be way too much.
It could be fun, but as is it sounds too unbalanced.
I also have this worry, having 3 effective STABS could make any mon uncheckable for singletyped defensive mons, got any idea on how to tone down offense without going into complex territory?

AbilityOverload

Premise:
A OM where pokemon can place abilities in there move slots as long as they still have a normal move.

like this
:sv/Great Tusk: Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Scrappy
- Regenerator
This moveset only has sacrificed two attacks for two abilities regenerator giving it recovery and scrappy allowing rapid spin to hit ghodengo and other spin blockers.

other then the abilities that are always banned in OM like Wonder Guard, huge power, poison heal, simple, Orichalcum Pulse, Comatose, etc
Abilities (move slot)

tinted lens since it could make up for give up coverage moves if only quad resits and immunity can switch in.

Stakeout because it's stakeout.

Regenerator for allowing pokemon like great tusk to get the recovery that normally holds them back from being to powerful

Good as gold allowing any ghost type to block hazard removal

fur coat and ice scales they could be more balenced here since you have to give up a move slot for them meaning the pokemon has less utility/offensive presence there proably still to powerful.

Triage since on fighting pokemon it could replace mach punch + drain punch combo with just +3 drain punch which could be to powerful.

Most power boosting ability like adaptability/sword of ruin/Beads of Ruin

Armor Tail would let a sweeper way harder to revenge kill

The combo of Hadron Engine + Quark Drive.
The combo of Hadron engine + Surge surfer.
Primortal sea + swift swim.
The combo of Drought + Chlorophyll.
Pokemon
:sv/great tusk: Great tusk
because scrappy allowing it to hit gholdengo and other ghost with rapid spin and allowing it to just run fighting while still hitting ghosts.

:sv/noivern: Noivern got banned from AAA due to its Aerilate sets and being able to run a second and even third ability to boost damage even more could make it to much to handle this would likey need to be a day one ban Especially if tinted lens is allowed.

:sv/Iron Valiant: Iron Valiant It got banned from AAA due to its sheer power with sheer force and giving it something Hadron Engine boosting its spa twice or its spa once and speed once is insane.

:/sv/Iron Bundle: Iron bundle with only needing to run two stab moves to get perfect coverage. This pokemon and being able to abuse hadron engine to boost is speed and spa or spa twice, and with primordial sea giving it switch in opportunities with a fire immunity. While boosting damage even more and also being able to run speck or life orb with the boosted speed making it hard to revenge kill. This is a beast that will need to be a day zero ban.
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Heavy Rain: 306-360 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

:sv/Iron Moth: Iron moth get a few options it can be a AV gholdengo wall or use Hadron Engine to boost spa stacking with quark drive making it a wall breaking beast as well as able to use Desolate Land to boost morning sun and fire moves.

:sv/sandy shocks: Sandy shocks a Hadron Engine user that can also run Refrigerate tri attack to kill a ground type switching in to block a volt switch or a electric immune flying type.

:sv/Garganacl: Garganacl sand stream and Regenerator are really powerful since it only needs to run salt cure and some sort of recovery option.

:sv/Ting-lu: Ting-lu recovery in Regenenerator it all that ting lu is really missing.

:sv/Dragonite: Dragonite dragon dance/choice band sweeper with Aerilate extreme speed similar to noivern.

:sv/chi-yu: chi-yu because chi-yu already has a damage boosting ability that could destory blissy with sun it being able to set is't own sun with Desolate Land and became immune to water moves and Adaptability overheat looks way to powerful to wall without something like ice scales blissy.

:sv/chien-pao: Chien-pao like chi-yu they already have damage boosting ability so chien-pao with Sword of Ruin,Adaptability,Strong Jaw, choice band with crunch would also be to powerful not even thinking about stakeout or even that chien-pao could run guts instead of a choice band.

:sv/Talonflame: Talonflame can now run Magic Guard allowing it to run life orb with no cost and brave bird with gale wings more then once making it a solid revenge killer. It can also run Regenerator to heal chip damage to get back up to gale wings range.

:sv/ditto: Ditto gets a slight buff since it can set weather/terrain for team mates or Psychic Surge just to block priority and be immune to hazards with magic guard and heal up with Regenenerator* this is assuming that ditto's Abilities wouldn't cary over to the transformation. *depends on how imposter would work with Regenenerator.

:sv/rotom-wash::sv/Corviknight: bluky pivit pokemon like rotom wash and Corviknight can now run just pivot move sets with the other moves being replaced with Regenenerator plus iminuty abilities, or stuff like ice scales/fur coat/fluffy alowing them to switch in tank a big hit and switch out. Also they can run Wimp Out to swap in and tank then instantly switch out.

:sv/pawmot::sv/rabsca:Like a lot of OM's Revival Blessing will need to get banned since pawmot/rabsca could run prankster plus harvest lappa berry with drought/rest/encore, in other words unlimited Revival Blessing with prankster would just bring back gen 9 natdex AG ptsd.

:sv/gholdengo: Gholdengo can run just two attack with a scarf/specks and damage boosting abilities, or well baked body/earth eater/Bulletproof, or it can run a quick feet set with recover and shadow ball, and one of the aforementioned abilities or make it rain. Gholdengo can also run steel worker + Steely Spirit + specks + Beads of Ruin/Adaptability to destroy even a blissy.
+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Steelworker Beads of Ruin Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 522-615 (73.1 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(the plus 1 is from Steely Spirit)

:sv/Barraskewda: Barraskewda swift swim + Primordial Sea out speeds everything without any speed investment and can run adaptability/tinited lens to destroy everything.

:sv/toxapex: Toxapex can run Corrosion with toxic instead of any damaging attacks and can run unaware instead of haze, allowing it to be a wall that can stall a lot of sweepers.

:sv/Baxcalibur: Baxcalibur Technician loaded dice Icicle Spear with dragon dance/choice band plus other damaging boosting abilities would be crazy.

:sv/Avalugg: Avalugg this wall can become nearly unkillable physically with fur coat/fluffy with unaware making it great at walling Baxcalibur. This mon can also run snow warning to heal up with ice body and leftovers to heal 12% every turn and boost the power of body press.

:sv/Gastrodon: Gastrodon gholdengo wall with unaware that is all i need to say.

FAQ
How will skill swap and trace/role work? they would pick the Pokemon non moveslot ability to swap/copy.
How would imposter work with this would they keep there abilities after transforming? up to the Dev to decide.

Questions For The Community:
Is this to similar to AAA or Pokebilities.
should i limit the move slot ability count to 2 instead of 3
Can you help me come up with a better name I'm not very good at naming.

Last edited:
AbilityOverload

Premise:
A OM where pokemon can place abilities in there move slots as long as they still have a normal move.

like this
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Scrappy
- Regenerator
This moveset only has sacrificed two attacks for two abilities regenerator giving it recovery and scrappy allowing rapid spin to hit ghodengo and other spin blockers.

other then the abilities that are always banned in OM like Wonder Guard, huge power, poison heal, simple, Orichalcum Pulse, Comatose, etc
Abilities (move slot)

tinted lens since it could make up for give up coverage moves if only quad resits and immunity can switch in.

Regenerator for allowing pokemon like great tusk to get the recovery that normally holds them back from being to powerful

fur coat and ice scales they could be more balenced here since you have to give up a move slot for them meaning the pokemon has less utility/offensive presence there proably still to powerful.

Triage since on fighting pokemon it could replace mach punch + drain punch combo with just +3 drain punch which could be to powerful.

Pokemon
because scrappy allowing it to hit gholdengo and other ghost with rapid spin and allowing it to just run fighting while still hitting ghosts.

:sv/noivern: Noivern got banned from AAA due to its Aerilate sets and being able to run a second and even third ability to boost damage even more could make it to much to handle this would likey need to be a day one ban Especially if tinted lens is allowed.

:sv/Iron Valiant: Iron Valiant It got banned from AAA due to its sheer power with sheer force and giving it something Hadron Engine boosting its spa twice or its spa once and speed once is insane.

:/sv/Iron Bundle: Iron bundle with only needing to run two stab moves to get perfect coverage. This pokemon and being able to abuse hadron engine to boost is speed and spa or spa twice, and with primordial sea giving it switch in opportunities with a fire immunity. While boosting damage even more and also being able to run speck or life orb with the boosted speed making it hard to revenge kill. This is a beast that will need to be a day zero ban.
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Heavy Rain: 306-360 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

:sv/Iron Moth: Iron moth get a few options it can be a AV gholdengo wall or use Hadron Engine to boost spa stacking with quark drive making it a wall breaking beast as well as able to use Desolate Land to boost morning sun and fire moves.

:sv/sandy shocks: Sandy shocks a Hadron Engine user that can also run Refrigerate tri attack to kill a ground type switching in to block a volt switch or a electric immune flying type.

:sv/Garganacl: Garganacl sand stream and Regenerator are really powerful since it only needs to run salt cure and some sort of recovery option.

:sv/Ting-lu: Ting-lu recovery in Regenenerator it all that ting lu is really missing.

:sv/Dragonite: Dragonite dragon dance/choice band sweeper with Aerilate extreme speed similar to noivern.

:sv/chi-yu: chi-yu because chi-yu already has a damage boosting ability that could destory blissy with sun it being able to set is't own sun with Desolate Land and became immune to water moves and Adaptability overheat looks way to powerful to wall without something like ice scales blissy.

:sv/chien-pao: Chien-pao like chi-yu they already have damage boosting ability so chien-pao with Sword of Ruin,Adaptability,Strong Jaw, choice band with crunch would also be to powerful not even thinking about stakeout or even that chien-pao could run guts instead of a choice band.

:sv/Talonflame: Talonflame can now run Magic Guard allowing it to run life orb with no cost and brave bird with gale wings more then once making it a solid revenge killer. It can also run Regenerator to heal chip damage to get back up to gale wings range.

:sv/ditto: Ditto gets a slight buff since it can set weather/terrain for team mates or Psychic Surge just to block priority and be immune to hazards with magic guard and heal up with Regenenerator* this is assuming that ditto's Abilities wouldn't cary over to the transformation. *depends on how imposter would work with Regenenerator.

:sv/rotom-wash::sv/Corviknight: bluky pivit pokemon like rotom wash and Corviknight can now run just pivot move sets with the other moves being replaced with Regenenerator plus iminuty abilities, or stuff like ice scales/fur coat/fluffy alowing them to switch in tank a big hit and switch out. Also they can run Wimp Out to swap in and tank then instantly switch out.

:sv/pawmot::sv/rabsca:Like a lot of OM's Revival Blessing will need to get banned since pawmot/rabsca could run prankster plus harvest lappa berry with drought/rest/encore, in other words unlimited Revival Blessing with prankster would just bring back gen 9 natdex AG ptsd.

:sv/gholdengo: Gholdengo can run just two attack with a scarf/specks and damage boosting abilities, or well baked body/earth eater/Bulletproof, or it can run a quick feet set with recover and shadow ball, and one of the aforementioned abilities or make it rain.

:sv/Barraskewda: Barraskewda swift swim + Primordial Sea out speeds everything without any speed investment and can run adaptability/tinited lens to destroy everything.

:sv/toxapex: Toxapex can run Corrosion with toxic instead of any damaging attacks and can run unaware instead of haze, allowing it to be a wall that can stall a lot of sweepers.

:sv/Baxcalibur: Baxcalibur Technician loaded dice Icicle Spear with dragon dance/choice band plus other damaging boosting abilities would be crazy.

:sv/Avalugg: Avalugg this wall can become nearly unkillable physically with fur coat/fluffy with unaware making it great at walling Baxcalibur.

FAQ
How will skill swap and trace/role work? they would pick the Pokemon non moveslot ability to swap/copy.
How would imposter work with this would they keep there abilities after transforming? up to the Dev to decide.

There is already a previous OM that exists called Multibility (see here for reference) that gave Pokemon access to a second ability at the cost of the item slot. So this feels too similar to that. More importantly though, you are giving a Pokemon potentially 3 or 4 abilities to work with in this context, which is just too many abilities, and very hard to keep balanced. Even if you are costing a moveslot, since you are leaving the item slot free you are letting Pokemon run choice items to make up for the lack of choices. This feels very unbalanced.

There is already a previous OM that exists called Multibility (see here for reference) that gave Pokemon access to a second ability at the cost of the item slot. So this feels too similar to that. More importantly though, you are giving a Pokemon potentially 3 or 4 abilities to work with in this context, which is just too many abilities, and very hard to keep balanced. Even if you are costing a moveslot, since you are leaving the item slot free you are letting Pokemon run choice items to make up for the lack of choices. This feels very unbalanced.
I think in that case i would like to instead resubmit Multibility instead since it would be easier to balance.

Last edited:
AbilityOverload

Premise:

like this
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Scrappy
- Regenerator

Abilities (move slot)

Pokemon

:sv/gholdengo: Gholdengo can run just two attack with a scarf/specks and damage boosting abilities, or well baked body/earth eater/Bulletproof, or it can run a quick feet set with recover and shadow ball, and one of the aforementioned abilities or make it rain.

:sv/Avalugg: Avalugg this wall can become nearly unkillable physically with fur coat/fluffy with unaware making it great at walling Baxcalibur.

FAQ

using a poke aaa type restricted list would be good since most of these threats are “quark drive + hardon engine” or “prim sea + swift swim”

Clas

My death was... greatly exaggerated
is a Tiering Contributor
I think in that case i would like to instead resubmit Multibility instead since it would be easier to balance.
Unfortunately you don't meet the requirements anyway to submit an OM, so you may want to view them here. Alternatively, you could keep developing this since it is far from similar in practice to Multibility.

I'll edit in my thoughts later as this has some similarities to PokeAAA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)