Data Mentoring Program Signups [ZhengTann now in Charge!]

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Reffing 202 changes:
- we return to doubles. 6vs6 doubles.
- 2 actions per round. Relieve some of the pressure from pupil and tutor.
- tutors can remove, include or change around moves from profiles when sending them
- payment is 2uc per round. Deductable if said round doesnt have a proper checking or proper curveballs.
- whitelisting has no time limit anymore. You might lose it for doing a bad job. But there is no longer a time limitation on whitelisting. This means there is no need for anyone other than the tutors (and me as in charge of the entire thing) to get the mentorships.

For the next weeks I will personally check all tutorships done with new prize rules and do deducting. Also, the tutor and whitelisted lists will pass through an overhaul, so if you are on it and want to continue on it, drop me a VM. We will go from there and add new people, remove others as needed.

On other news, it might be worth considering expanding selfreffing a bit. Not my area tho, so consider this merely random rambling.

The new prize rules are valid on all future 202s. Ongoing 202s follow previous 10UC as a whole rule.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Signing up for TLR course! Since Frosty is getting sad sweeping the dead leaves in that courtyard :p

TLRs you intend to challenge eventually: Enchanted Meadows (the Floette-E one, with intent on actually capturing the Legendary)
Difficulties you are facing: Am not willing to train/build a team from scratch. Only wished to use what's already on the ASB profile + Charizard.
Past Experience with TLRs (if any): Mysterious Cove (objective completed: capture a Tynamo)
Timezone: Malaysia (GMT +8)
Why do you want to be tutored: I think I have the mons I need to win, as suboptimal as they are. I'd like someone to discuss detailed tactics with.
Any extra comments about yourself: Can I not have Jayy? Please? (Eyes that will melt Dogfish's heart)

Starting ASB Queue
-
Reffing Queue
- BlankSlate2356 (Reffing 101)
TLR Queue
- Zt (Enchanted Meadows)
Gym Queue
-
Battling Queue
-

Frosty

=_=
Signing up for TLR course! Since Frosty is getting sad sweeping the dead leaves in that courtyard :p

TLRs you intend to challenge eventually: Enchanted Meadows (the Floette-E one, with intent on actually capturing the Legendary)
Difficulties you are facing: Am not willing to train/build a team from scratch. Only wished to use what's already on the ASB profile + Charizard.
Past Experience with TLRs (if any): Mysterious Cove (objective completed: capture a Tynamo)
Timezone: Malaysia (GMT +8)
Why do you want to be tutored: I think I have the mons I need to win, as suboptimal as they are. I'd like someone to discuss detailed tactics with.
Any extra comments about yourself: Can I not have Jayy? Please? (Eyes that will melt Dogfish's heart)

Starting ASB Queue
-
Reffing Queue
- BlankSlate2356 (Reffing 101)
TLR Queue
- Zt (Enchanted Meadows)
Gym Queue
-
Battling Queue
-
taking

PM me with a list of mons you think will be useful on the TLR you are aiming at

Frosty

=_=
Hi,

1) deadfox081 is being relieved of his duties as manager of the reffing program bt his request. Thanks for the work done.

While I look for a replacement, I will take over that program.

2) I still need the tutors of the reffing program to contact me stating if they want to continue. I only got like 3 or so replies, which is kinda scary

3) doubles 202 is closed until the 2apr/3apr decision is held and until I get a manager for it.

4) taking @blankslate2356 . PM with the difficulties you are facing thus far.

5) hiring tutors for the reffing program. Aside from jjayy, which already contacted me, anyone else wanna give it a go?

That should be all?

it's been 4 weeks so rechallenging battling 202, with intent to not dq this time :u

Starting ASB Queue
-
Reffing Queue
-
TLR Queue
-
Gym Queue
-
Battling Queue
acidphoenix(Singles 202)

Signing up for Singles 202. Goodness knows I need it.

Starting ASB Queue
-
Reffing Queue
-
TLR Queue
-
Gym Queue
-
Battling Queue
acidphoenix(Singles 202)
Maxim (Singles 202)

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone: EST
ASB Experience (if any): None.
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Expedited.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: Seems neat, felt like trying something new.
One random fact about yourself: I'm apparently terrible at thinking of random facts about myself on the spot
Any extra comments:

ASB Experience (if any): Nothing other than reading and registration.
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Expedited would be preferred, altough standard works too. Just not slow please.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: Looks fun.
One random fact about yourself: Heracross is actually one of my favourite Pokemon, despite it being my default avatar.
Any extra comments: Not at the moment.

ASB Experience (if any): Nothing other than reading and registration.
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Expedited would be preferred, altough standard works too. Just not slow please.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: Looks fun.
One random fact about yourself: Heracross is actually one of my favourite Pokemon, despite it being my default avatar.
Any extra comments: Not at the moment.
Hi Atheon, I'll be your tutor for Starting ASB!

Starting ASB Queue
-
Reffing Queue
-
TLR Queue
-
Gym Queue
-
Battling Queue
acidphoenix(Singles 202)
Maxim (Singles 202)

mmk, it is about time I caught a legendary, so in preparation for doing so, I am enlisting some help.

Starting ASB Queue
-
Reffing Queue
-
TLR Queue
Ragnarokalex (Black Sulfer Caldera)
Gym Queue
-
Battling Queue
acidphoenix(Singles 202)
Maxim (Singles 202)

Program: Reffing
Course: 101
Reffing Experience (if any): I have reffed a lot of doubles/flash matches in the past
Why do you want to be tutored: want to become an approved ref so I can ref RP's and increase my income sources
Any extra comments about yourself:

Starting ASB Queue
- Endless(Ref 101)
Reffing Queue
-
TLR Queue
-
Gym Queue
-
Battling Queue
acidphoenix(Singles 202)
Maxim (Singles 202)

Program: TLR
TLRs you intend to challenge eventually:
Entei.
Difficulties you are facing: Teambuilding and overall strategizing.
Past Experience with TLRs (if any): None.
Timezone: EST (GMT -5).
Why do you want to be tutored: I don't have any experience with TLRs so I feel like I could definitely benefit from the tutoring.
Any extra comments about yourself: I probably don't have the Pokemon to successfully complete the TLR with me on-hand, but I'm willing to quickly train and dump UC to get them.

Starting ASB Queue
-

Reffing Queue
- Endless (Reffing 101)

TLR Queue
- PTPlatinum (Entei)

Gym Queue
-

Battling Queue
acidphoenix (Singles 202)
Maxim (Singles 202)

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Taking EndlessAge
if you wanna get into it grab that 4v4 tag team since that appears to be filling up quickly
if you wanna make it easier on me set up your own 3v3 match and i'm sure someone will take it

QUEUE
uhm phoenix and maxim have already been taken so there's nobody here
*tumbleweed*

EDIT: jk there's PT and his TLR thing

Frosty

=_=
Program: TLR
TLRs you intend to challenge eventually:
Entei.
Difficulties you are facing: Teambuilding and overall strategizing.
Past Experience with TLRs (if any): None.
Timezone: EST (GMT -5).
Why do you want to be tutored: I don't have any experience with TLRs so I feel like I could definitely benefit from the tutoring.
Any extra comments about yourself: I probably don't have the Pokemon to successfully complete the TLR with me on-hand, but I'm willing to quickly train and dump UC to get them.

Starting ASB Queue
-

Reffing Queue
- Endless (Reffing 101)

TLR Queue
- PTPlatinum (Entei)

Gym Queue
-

Battling Queue
acidphoenix (Singles 202)
Maxim (Singles 202)
Taking.

PM me what you have in mind so far.

Timezone: PST
ASB Experience (if any): None
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Standard I guess
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: it looks fun
One random fact about yourself: I really like grass type
Any extra comments: None

litten8 , I'll be your tutor for the Starting ASB course. Welcome aboard! Just let me get some sleep before I get started... >.<

Starting ASB Queue
-

Reffing Queue
-

TLR Queue
-

Gym Queue
-

Battling Queue
-

Timezone: GMT
ASB Experience (if any): None, I'm fresh out the oven.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: It's always looked cool to me forum battles seem like a lot of fun and they're a nice departure from the norm.
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to learn more about the battle mechanics and how asb works in general.
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): I don't really care but if I had to choose I'd have to say standard
One random fact about yourself: I like this weird thing called pokemon idk if you've heard of it
Any extra comments about yourself: Don't tell anyone but, I'm not a real cake.

Last edited:
Timezone: EST (GMT-5)
ASB Experience (if any): I've finished 2 battles, one of which was a Flash, and I'm in progress with two more battles, with one more waiting for the ref to begin the match.
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Standard, please.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: Well, it sounds dope. Something new. Something that has progression and learning. A lot of the same reasons I joined CAP. It sounds really neat.
One random fact about yourself: Um... Uh... I'm a stand up comic? I guess?
Any extra comments: Science rules.

Starting ASB Queue
- Granny Pie

Reffing Queue
-

TLR Queue
-

Gym Queue
-

Battling Queue
-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)