Gym Queue:
- N/A

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Program: Reffing
Course:
Timezone: GMT+10:00
Reffing Experience (if any): I am Its_A_Random. What did you expect?
Why do you want to be tutored: So I can have the ability to self-referee tower matches when I really need it.
Any extra comments about yourself: Apparently I have to fill this section out so I did.

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- Gale Wing Srock (Reffing 202) [Subref]
- Zekrom2525 (Reffing 101)
- acidphoenix (Reffing 202)
- Its_A_Random (Reffing 202)

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'll take Gale.

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- acidphoenix (Reffing 202)

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I will take acidphoenix on the Reffing 202 course. I'd also like to apply as a full time tutor =)

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Course: Reffing 202
Timezone: GMT -5
Reffing Experience (if any): bunches.
Why do you want to be tutored: this is a loaded question.
Any extra comments about yourself: I have commitment issues when it comes to keeping pokemon.

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- EspyOwner (Reffing 202)

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Frosty

=_=
Something I forgot:

WHEN YOUR PUPIL FINISHES A REFFING COURSE (101 OR 202) SEND ME A PM AND STATE IF THEY PASSED OR NOT SO I CAN UPDATE OP

Also,

1) I will be taking over Ref Course until akela returns to a better activity level.
2) During the period above I will be able to tutor Refs. But won't be white-listed for self-reffing. Consider it a necessity exception, as we need some reffing 202 to end to have tutors so we don't have queues, so I suppose this is the only way. If you have any complaints then oh well.
3) Dogfish44 is now a full-fledged ref tutor. go you.
4) I will take Zekrom2525 and Its_A_Random under tutoring. Zekrom2525 I expect you to PM me ASAP with links to some previous reffings of yours so we can do stuff. Iar, I will PM team soon. Gotta pick a good shenaningans team.
5) Gym Program is nice :(. You should totally do it before you make stupid decisions on a gym.

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Frosty said:
Gym Program is nice :(. You should totally do it before you make stupid decisions on a gym.
Ask and you will receive!

Program: Gym
Gym you intend to challenge: Electric
Difficulties you are facing: Um, where do I begin? The fact that I suck at doubles, or the fact that I've challenged this gym no less than 2-3 times and have had my butt munched each and every time? For this particular gym team building is also a slight issue, as Ground and Normal spam aren't very good.
Timezone: U.S. Central Time (GMT -5 I believe)
Why do you want to be tutored: To be honest, a good part of the reason I want to be tutored for this gym specifically is because...I stink at doubles. Singles, as is evidenced in some of my Normal gym battles, I am decent enough with (so long as I don't forget Endure). But doubles? I have literally no ideas for strategy that isn't "Shoot that guy till it dies. Oh wait I got a double Rock Slide flinch/my guy died/something else went horribly wrong! Welp, I'm hosed." I would like a tutor with extensive experience in multiple formats for this reason.
Any extra comments about yourself: Normal Gym Leader here, wanting to l2p...man my skills really have gotten rusty haven't they?

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:

Gym Queue:
- Maxim (Electric)

Frosty

=_=
Ask and you will receive!

Difficulties you are facing: Um, where do I begin? The fact that I suck at doubles, or the fact that I've challenged this gym no less than 2-3 times and have had my butt munched each and every time? For this particular gym team building is also a slight issue, as Ground and Normal spam aren't very good.
Timezone: U.S. Central Time (GMT -5 I believe)
Why do you want to be tutored: To be honest, a good part of the reason I want to be tutored for this gym specifically is because...I stink at doubles. Singles, as is evidenced in some of my Normal gym battles, I am decent enough with (so long as I don't forget Endure). But doubles? I have literally no ideas for strategy that isn't "Shoot that guy till it dies. Oh wait I got a double Rock Slide flinch/my guy died/something else went horribly wrong! Welp, I'm hosed." I would like a tutor with extensive experience in multiple formats for this reason.
Any extra comments about yourself: Normal Gym Leader here, wanting to l2p...man my skills really have gotten rusty haven't they?

Mine. I'll pm you tommorow. Or PM me if you want to start something sooner.

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:

Gym Queue:

I would like to say that the Gym program was awesome for me. I learned a lot from Leethoof and had a lot of fun too. Akela was busy with his job, or we could have had a really close battle.

So now that I have learned something about Doubles Gyms, I would like to learn about Singles Gyms. Which has always been a difficult part for me.

Gym you intend to challenge: Fighting
Difficulties you are facing: Team Building & Preparing for the separate bouts.
Timezone: GMT +5:30

Why do you want to be tutored: The fighting gym is unique in that it doesn't have a switching mechanic and the type of pokemon shouldn't be repeated. I find that very challenging, and would like to discuss about team building and pokemon selection.

Any extra comments about yourself: The last tutoring session I had with Leethoof was mind blowing. I learned a lot of stuff that I didn't know before, or overlook them (I am still learning from him ^_^). I guess my personality makes me tend towards gimmick more often than necessary from a serious battle's perspective, I almost constantly fight my urge to try something arbitrary -.-'

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:

Gym Queue:
- Gale Wing Srock (Fighting Gym)

Difficulties you are facing: I kind of died for half a year and don't know how to play anymore and don't really wanna give up my place in the queue. It took like 6 months... also team building would be nice so I don't impulse pick gogoat.
Why do you want to be tutored: I really need help
Any extra comments about yourself: I'm actually alive, surprise I know

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:

Gym Queue:
- SubwayJ (Electric)

Last edited by a moderator:

Frosty

=_=
Difficulties you are facing: I kind of died for half a year and don't know how to play anymore and don't really wanna give up my place in the queue. It took like 6 months... also team building would be nice so I don't impulse pick gogoat.
Why do you want to be tutored: I really need help
Any extra comments about yourself: I'm actually alive, surprise I know

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:

Gym Queue:
- SubwayJ (Electric)
Next time you disappear like that you'd wish you died after what I will do to you

except if you had health-related issues to attend to, in that case you can ignore the horrible joke above

Taking both Gale Wing Srock and SubwayJ . PM me with what you have planned so far and we will go from there.

Gym you intend to challenge: Ground.

Difficulties you are facing: Screw the Nidos.

Timezone: GMT -7:00

Why do you want to be tutored: Screw the Nidos.
Oh, if I actually have to write something here, ground gym has so much fire power and coverage and support, I really dunno what can survive there and hit hard enough to win a damage race and whatnot.

Any extra comments about yourself: Screw the- uh I mean... I have no problems with buying and training any mon that is needed, even if I would prefer to use any of the ones I already have if possible. I like bulky offense (gogogo Gambo) and trickery (kit says hi): glass cannons aren't really my type of Pokémon, even if I do use them every once in a while. And... uh, dunno what else I should write here, really.

Frosty

=_=

Gym you intend to challenge: Ground.

Difficulties you are facing: Screw the Nidos.

Timezone: GMT -7:00

Why do you want to be tutored: Screw the Nidos.
Oh, if I actually have to write something here, ground gym has so much fire power and coverage and support, I really dunno what can survive there and hit hard enough to win a damage race and whatnot.

Any extra comments about yourself: Screw the- uh I mean... I have no problems with buying and training any mon that is needed, even if I would prefer to use any of the ones I already have if possible. I like bulky offense (gogogo Gambo) and trickery (kit says hi): glass cannons aren't really my type of Pokémon, even if I do use them every once in a while. And... uh, dunno what else I should write here, really.
Taking.

PM me with what you have planned so far and we will go from there.

Course:
Timezone: GMT -5
Reffing Experience (if any): Lots prior to 2013, after that zero
Why do you want to be tutored: I don't know how reffing works anymore and I want to be able to self-ref
Any extra comments about yourself: head smash

(This is where the queue would go but it's completely empty)

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone:
GMT -7
ASB Experience (if any): Registered a team. That's it.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: I lurked a few battles, looked like fun
Why do you want to be tutored: Seems like a good way to start
Any extra comments about yourself: Uh ...

Starting ASB Queue:
- Stary02939

Reffing Queue:
- smashlloyd20 (Reffing 101)

Gym Queue:
none I think

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone:
GMT -7
ASB Experience (if any): Registered a team. That's it.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: I lurked a few battles, looked like fun
Why do you want to be tutored: Seems like a good way to start
Any extra comments about yourself: Uh ...

Starting ASB Queue:
- Stary02939

Reffing Queue:

Gym Queue:
none I think
You're coming with me :)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I will take EspyOwner if he's ever around and wants to. Just message me on the forums / IRC and I'll getcha started!

Starting ASB Queue:
- None

Reffing Queue:

Gym Queue:
- None

Course: Reffing 202
Timezone: GMT -4 (American East Coast)
Reffing Experience (if any): I was a battle hall ref, pike ref, and regular asb player back in the good ole' days before my life went to shit and I had to leave. Also I will (with some degree of pride) mention that I orchestrated and reffed the Ultimate Showdown (OKAY UNTIL its untimely end and yes it was never completed, but who here can say they reffed 5 rounds of a 30 man free for all? While it failed to be completed, I put a lot of brainpower and ref power into that thing, while it lasted.)
Why do you want to be tutored: I'm trying to get back into ASB, and I want to shake off all the rust I've accumulated. Also, self reffing. Who doesn't want to be able to self ref?
Any extra comments about yourself: I like Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Not really into yoga. Been told I have half a brain.

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- Reffing 202: Glacier Knight

Gym Queue:
- N/A

ill take Glacier Knight , I am going to be throwing as many curve balls as i can at you, so be ready to do research on move interaction. Also asking if i am ready for the next ice age is banned and will result in automatic failure.

Also upon reveiwing my Fighting Gym strategy, I feel it might be a bit too gimmicky. If anyone would like to take a gander at this with me and help me iron out the details I would appreciate it.

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- N/A

Gym Queue:
- Ragnarokalex (Fighting Gym)

Yooo Ralex I have me a fighting badge (in a drastically different arena)
Pm me ur plan and also I will pop on irc more frequently in hopes of running into you

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Course: 202
Timezone: GMT -7 (no DST)
Reffing Experience (if any): A lot.
Why do you want to be tutored: So I can have the ability to self-referee.
Any extra comments about yourself: Apparently I have to fill this section out so I did.

This space is where the queue would go but it's just me.

Course:
Timezone: EDT (GMT -4)
Reffing Experience (if any): um yeah I have 123 UC right now and reffed a couple of facilities back in the day
Why do you want to be tutored: I wanna self ref
Any extra comments about yourself: some people call me comfy man fur purse

Course:
Timezone: GMT -7
Reffing Experience (if any): once
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to get better at reffing and get a better understanding of game mechanics
Any extra comments about yourself: none

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- C$FP (202)
- Stary02939 (101)

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)