Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:Decidueye:
1. EeveeGirl1380
2. Exploziff
3. okispokis
4. depressed lion
5. bekama
6. Hematemesis + Paulluxx
7. LordThemberchaud

:Incineroar:
1. okispokis
2. The Damned
3. EeveeGirl1380
4. jazzmat
5. Revenge of Depressed Gay
6. inkbug
7. The Main Mon
8. Exploziff

:Primarina:
1. abismal
2. okispokis
3. jazzmat
4. depressed lion
5. inkbug
6. Rosiario

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Voting time:

:incineroar:
1. Myself and Blue
2. Okispokis
3. The Damned
4. Jazzmat
5. Hematite
6. Vipotis
7. Violettes
8. Inkbug
9. Pupugugu
10. Ausma
11. I-Deepblue-I
12. Eeveegirl

:decidueye:
1. Myself and Hematemesis(The artist formerly known as the Country Bolivia)
2. Blueray
3. Inkbug
4. Ausma
5. Pupugugu
6. Jazzmat

:Primarina:
1. Abismal
2. Blueray
3. Jazzmat
4. Rosiario
5. I-Deepblue-I
6. Kero(:swole:)
7. Bencaua & Exploziff

:ss/decidueye:
1. BlueRay
2. inkbug
3. Bolivia/Paul
4. Kero
5. Exploziff
6. The Damned
7. ausma
8. okispokis
9. pupugugu
10. LordThemberchaud
:ss/incineroar:
1. The Damned
2. Paul/BlueRay
3. Hematite
4. shinxthe17!
5. inkbug
6. FierceHawk192 (me)
7. Vipotis
8. Bencaua
9. Hematemesis
10. StarFalcon555
:ss/primarina:
1. Rosiario
2. Bolivia
3. FierceHawk192 (me)
4. I-Deepblue-I
5. abismal
6. Bencaua/Exploziff
7. NANI?!
8. StarFalcon555
9. LordThemberchaud
10. EeveeGirl1380
wow voting does take a long time

Rosiario

Banned deucer.
Jumping right in because I don't have a ton of time today...

Inkbug takes the cake for Decidueye! Sorry bro but ink really nailed this one - Illusion is such an incredibly fun ability, as well as being extremely powerful when used properly, which is saying something when it doesn't actually provide any concrete offensive or defensive utility. An ability that only revolves around information and mind games is great, and this Decidueye uses that concept in such an entirely different manner than the other two users.
2. I do think KeroseneZanchu did a good job though and deserves second here. Pivoting is a common tactic and is usually very safe as well - being able to deny it and truly trap enemies is a potent ability and forces the enemy to carefully consider their movements. Plus, needing to trap using a move like its signature Spirit Shackle also helps keep the effect balanced and with counterplay.
3. Hematemesis and Paulluxx! Dark is such a common type for offensive tech moves like Knock Off, Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Snarl, and etc. that being able to ignore the whole suite of them is a big deal when those moves are so common even on non-Dark types.

BlueRay and Paulluxx for Dad! I mean, Incineroar, of course. I heard about Dad from Kero and I really love you bringing this back under its new guise - not only does the flavor work, but it's also very well thought out functionally, so I can tell this wasn't made just to reference a popular old sub. Just like last time, this pair really nails their flavor design and put a lot of attention into the small details, so I feel that should be rewarded.
2. Vipotis!! This is a really cool sub in how it creates such a powerful effect that's almost completely useless when not using the moves its meant to abuse - its such a neat addition that really plays to the uniqueness of Incineroar.
3. Hematite. This is the first sub I remember seeing from you, and to no surprise, the mod owner produces high quality content! The way you made a "Defense Intimidate" but also included a single limitation that justified its use as: 1, not just "Defense Intimidate"; 2, specifically nerfed for doubles formats; and 3, interacts with the strengths and weaknesses of Incineroar specifically and not just a pivot as a whole was done really cleanly and elegantly despite the seemingly odd requirement at first glance.

Me for Primarina! :3 I won't pat myself on the back too much here, but I am really proud of my sub and I'm overjoyed that a lot of you seem to be liking it to!! Best of luck to the best of subs, though!
2. Making a rain mon that can stand on its own next to Mega Swampert is hard, but I think Hematemesis pulled it off! Extra props to him for being able to do it while giving it the same exact ability as Mega Swampert too, while still being unique in its skillset outside of just providing the other half of the physical/special split.
3. Abismal - there's just so many different and unique ways (although there's one very obvious way it's supposed to be used) to make use of this ability, that it really rewards creativity and enables a lot of formerly suboptimal but fun teambuilding strategies.

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
Aaaand the votes are in!

Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
So, without further ado...

:decidueye: Mega Decidueye: inkbug !
:decidueye:
Mega Decidueye
New Ability: Overgrow/Long Reach -> Illusion
New Typing: Grass/Ghost (unchanged)

New Stats:
HP: 78
ATK: 107 -> 127 (+20)
DEF
: 75 -> 95 (+20)
SPA
: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SPD
: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SPE
: 70 -> 90 (+20)

New Moves
: none

Desc: Sorry in advance, this is gonna be a long one, but i have a lot to say about it!! i've been really excited about this one for a really long time. I'll give a short version up here for those of you who don't wanna be here all day, but

The TL;DR is: Illusion synergizes in some really scary and cool ways with Decidueye's signature trapping move Spirit Shackle (allowing it to disguise itself as a teammate whose counter it has an advantage over, in order to bait and trap that counter, among other things), and then by extension also with its vast support and setup movepool, including (but not limited to) both Nasty Plot and Swords Dance, Toxic, Haze, Defog, U-Turn, and Ghost Curse + Roost, just to name a few. It also has great defensive synergy with the original Illusioner, Zoroark, bringing the MfA-unique ""archetype"" of "Double-Illusion teams" to a whole new level.

yes , indeed , i HAVE submitted an illusion mega to Megas for All before! as my first ever submission in fact !!!

One of my favorite things about working on MfA so far has been people occasionally building teams around Mega Inteleon, a horrible bastard creature that I loved so much as a concept it compelled me to make a smogon account just so I could submit it to the mod. One of the wildest things I remember seeing people do with Mega Inteleon was running double-Illusion teams with Zoroark, resulting in a bizarre, hilarious and tense guessing game of whether the Pokemon you're facing was Zoroark, Inteleon, or the thing either of them would be pretending to be -- most memorably for me in this monstrosity of a team by BotwNerd745, which is absolutely one of the most mind-bending and absurd things I've ever had the pleasure of battling.
This kind of team structure was mostly unintentional on my part -- like, I knew it was a possibility, and I think I toyed around with it some myself, but the Mega wasn't designed around it.

Even though Mega Inteleon was an incredibly cool experiment -- and a successful one, I think -- I couldn't help but feel like there's still so much untapped potential in Illusion. Like, what kinds of moves that Zoroark or Inteleon don't have access to could be paired with it in new and creative ways? What types would benefit from the concealment, and what kinds of creative teambuilding options would new-typed Illusion options open up?

Over the course of the last 13 months (holy shit) I've been more and more interested with competitive design, some experiments working and some decidedly not. I've especially talked a lot with Hematite about the intricacies of the ~type chart~ and the properties and synergies of each type and its unique qualities, and what kinds of tools best take advantage of both a given Ability and a typing (we are huge nerds, this is honest to god how we spend our free time now apparently).

While working on various solomod and fakemon projects, I finally landed on what I would want my next "ideal" Illusion user to be -- a Ghost-type, with modest mixed stats, boosting on both sides, access to U-turn specifically, decent bulk, and a good support movepool. A Ghost-type Illusion user specifically would play with a very specific synergy in a very unique way: Ghost and Dark, in combination, cover each other's weaknesses near-perfectly, so if a Ghost Illusioner was combined with Zoroark on a team, trying to attack any new Pokemon would be a shot in the dark about what move to even use. Do you target Ghost's weaknesses? Do you target Dark's completely different and almost 100% contradictory set of weaknesses? Or... do you target the weaknesses of the Pokemon that actually appears to be out on the field? Is it safe to set up? Do you have to taunt to prevent them from setting up?? So many questions !!!! The possible mindgames this kind of mon enables are endless, and really, really interesting!

So I set out looking for comparison Pokemon to sort of assess what power level to make this fakemon at, and remembered about Decidueye, which is a Ghost with mixed boosting, great utility and very even stats across the board. But while looking at its movepool to refresh my memory (which is like. the coolest movepool. decidueye's competitive design is soooo coooool--) and its stats, I realized that... Decidueye basically already was exactly the mon I was looking for? Not only that, but its signature move Spirit Shackle -- a trapping move -- had a completely different and fucking incredible interaction with Illusion that hadn't even occurred to me before then.

SO! Enough preamble!! Decidueye is perhaps the perfect candidate to exploit the bizarre mindgame-ridden ability that is Illusion, and (in my opinion at least) the ideal endpoint of the "dual illusion" team archetype. Spirit Shackle could come hidden from behind any team member, followed up by any of Decidueye's wide array of setup, support, or stallbreaking options. For example: it has both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot to set up on its hapless victims; Toxic (or Ghost-type Curse combined with Roost if you're feeling fancy) for stallbreaking; Haze to break setup; and Defog to provide team support.

Spirit Shackle in particular is a fascinating option for an Illusion user to have, probably one of my "top three" as far as "best moves to whip out as a surprise from behind an Illusion" are concerned (one of the others being Spectral Thief, which I nerfed to 60bp and distributed more in my mod but we can't do that here so look forward to Ubers when I make my third Illusion mega submission lol). Decidueye is not weak to U-Turn, resists Volt Switch and Flip Turn, and has a significant selection of tools to prevent something it's trapped from taking advantage of it (mostly mentioned earlier).

By manipulating their team order, a savvy player could bait a huge threat to their team at large into getting trapped and dealt with by a disguised Decidueye, allowing its party members to wreck shop. Notably Pokemon such as Heatran could be a decent partner in this regard, as Decidueye resists Ground, Water and is immune to Fighting, and Heatran is immune to Fire and resists Flying. It could also pair well with a variety of Electric-type setup sweepers such as Xurkitree, as Ground types that aren't also flying types tend to not have pivoting and Decidueye is fairly efficient at dealing with them, but the possibilities are really only limited by one's own creativity.

ANYWAY!!! THANKS FOR COMING TO MY TED TALK !!!!!!!!!
1631401528246.png

:incineroar: Mega Incineroar: Vipotis !!
Mega Incineroar
Types: Fire/Dark
Mega Stone: Incinerite
Average Height: 2,1 meters
Average Weight: 166 kg (doubled) HP: 95
ATK: 130(+15)
DEF: 125(+35)
SP.ATK: 110(+30)
SP.DEF: 105(+15)
SPEED: 65(+5)
Ability: Cheap Heat - When this Pokémon uses an attack, both its attacking stat and the target's defending stats are increased by one stage, for the duration of the attack.
New Moves: Punishment, Storm Throw, Focus Energy, Night Slash.
Mega Evolution has enhanced this Pokémon's physical strength, as well as making both its flames and its personality even more intense than before. It will often try to show off its empowered new form by performing dangerous and impressive stunts, which often results in it getting overwhelmed by the challenges it imposes on itself.
This Pokémon will use any chances it has to attract other's attention, which may end up putting it in dangerous situations due to recklessness. Such recklessness is further encouraged by its ability to overcome physical challenges, which is sharply increased by Mega Evolution.
"If both Incineroar gets an attack boost and its target gets a defense boost, does it really change anything?" WELL, I'M GLAD YOU ASKED, FRIEND! Yes! Yes it does!. First of all, the more boosts you have in a stat, the less another boost will matter. So, for example, if your opponent has 5 boosts in defense, you will deal less damage than what you would if they had 6, and you had 1 boost in attack. Secondly, Critical Hits! Critical Hits ignore both negative stat changes to the attacker's attacking stat and positive changes to the target's defending stat. That means that if you deal a Critical Hit, you'll basically get a free boost to your attacking stat. This pairs up well with moves that have higher Crit. chances, such as Blaze Kick and Cross Chop, or new additions such as Night Slash, as well as Focus Energy and Storm Throw. And at last but not least, this ability interacts in interesting ways with unique moves. Darkest Lariat ignores the target's stat changes, which means that using it grants you a free attack boost, for that move, if both Pokémon have no stat changes, for example! Not only that, but, due to the opponent getting a boost, you also get a burn, if you use Burning Jealousy! This ability also does give moves like Power Trip or Punishment a bit more Base Power, which surely promises fun interactions.
Sure, in many cases Mega Incineroar will do no more than just try to spice up the battle and hype things up, but be aware that this hype might be dangerous as well... for the opponent of course!
1631112045087.png
1631401603867.png

:primarina: Mega Primarina: Rosiario !!
primarina.jpeg

Stop to listen, or be silenced.

Mega Primarina
Primarinite

Ability - Staccato
When this Pokemon cures an enemy of a status condition, it replaces that status condition with paralysis.

HP: 80 (+0)
ATK: 74 (+0)
DEF: 96 (+22)
SPA: 144 (+18)
SPD: 133 (+17)
SPE: 103 (+43)

New Moves: Purify

Mega Primarina is the star of the show - capturing your mind in rapture, and leaving you speechless with its song. Working as a fast and disruptive support by providing Scald burns and speed control paralysis with its ability, a traditional bulky water with great special bulk and an excellent Water/Fairy defensive typing, offensive options with Calm Mind and Sparkling Aria, and even doubles support, it truly is a soloist that can do it all.

Mega Primarina can utilize both its signature move, Sparkling Aria, as well as the new move Purify with its ability. Sparkling Aria works best on offensive sets with ally Wisp users, allowing it to choose whether it wants to bonus protection from the burn or if it wants to outspeed the opponent. Purify is a lot more widely useful, as it can interact with anything, not just burns, including the paralysis from this ability. This means Purify is just Recover to Primarina, along with the option of converting any other status into Paralysis. Did you get your Scald burn but don't need the attack drop due to it being a special attacker? Do you need to get around sleep clause because the enemy screwed up your Spore plans? Did you want to use Toxic Spikes as Sticky Webs but better? This Primarina can perform a wide variety of functions for you and add a lot to any team, so show up or show out because this one's taking the stage.
1631401651836.png

Congrats to the other winners !!!!!

Alrighty, that's about it from me for the day! Remember, the Wiki main page has a calendar you can use to cross-reference start times in your time zone, but for reference, the main thing coming up is

Slate 36 (:jynx: Jynx, :electivire: Electivire and :magmortar: Magmortar) opens on Wednesday the 15th of September, in four days' time!

I'm a bit too out of it this afternoon to put forward a discussion prompt like I've been trying to do, sorry about that, but keep an eye out for future tournament-related and M4Auction-related news over the next couple weeks! Have a good one, and I'll see you then!​

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
Hey again folks! I'm pleased to announce that Slate 36 is now open for submissions!
:ss/jynx: :ss/electivire: :ss/magmortar:
Submissions for :jynx: Mega Jynx, :electivire: Mega Electivire and :magmortar: Mega Magmortar will be open until this time on Monday, September 20th, or 5 full days from this post, unless something comes up in which case we will be sure to notify you about the delay as soon as possible. (You can cross-reference the end time in your local time zone using the calendar.)
It's worth noting that there are some balance considerations to keep in mind when it comes to :jynx: Mega Jynx submissions, since it is a Psychic-type with Nasty Plot and an already-good movepool. BlueRay advises to be very careful in choosing its speed tier in combination with the breaking power of any given submission:
BlueRay said:
Jynx already has a good special movepool in Ice Beam, Psychic / Psyshock, Focus Blast, and Nasty Plot. The latter is particular useful for wallbreaking purposes. Therefore, it is recommended to find a right balance between Speed and Special Attack. For reference, Mega Alakazam had to be banned as it was too much to deal with in NatDex. Mega Meowstic-F had to be nerfed a few times until it was deemed okay. In both cases, the combination of Nasty Plot, movepool, stats, and power was central to a ban / nerf.
When it comes to :electivire: Mega Electivire: Making it a Fighting-type is a popular idea for somewhat obvious reasons, but I would like to request that anyone adding the Fighting type to it please be considerate that we already have an Electric/Fighting Mega Evolution in
Mega Raichu. If you plan to add the Fighting type to Electivire, please put some thought into making sure that it will not overshadow or be overshadowed by Raichu, or otherwise overlap too much. If you aren't familiar with our existing Mega Raichu, here is its information.

That should be all! Have a good one folks, and as always I look forward to seeing your submissions!
sudogood.png

:ss/jynx:
Jynx-Mega
Ability: Liquid Voice

HP: 65
Atk: 50
Def:
 50 (+15)
Spa: 152 (+32)
Spd:
 120 (+25)
Spe: 118 (+23)
New Moves:
(bold = notable) Boomburst, Dazzling Gleam

So last slate got me thinking all about primarina. I was thinking about how liquid voice really wasn't that useful for it. So i started thinking about what mons would have the flavor for liquid voice + boomburst and be balanced with it. Well, enter Jynx. This Jynx functions as a lategame sweeper/cleaner best, but it can be brought in early and mid game wiht good prediction to scare away pokemon weak to it, generating momentum. It has enough speed to outspeed cinderace and ohko it with boomburst. Boomburst is actually stronger than it's most reliable STAB moves in ice beam and psychic/psyshock (90 x 1.5 = 135, 80 x 1.5 = 120), so it's it's best move for hitting neutrally, and it also hits annoying fire and rock types which otherwise it would really struggle against. However, it does not gain a stab bonus, and it cashes in it's ability slot for it, so it should be balanced. Also take note that jynx does NOT learn freeze dry, and so it doesn't have perfect 2-move coverage. Dazzling gleam is decent coverage to hit annoying dark types immediately, but boomburst should be able to handle them quite well, especially with setup. Lovely kiss is an excellent option to help it get setup opportunities in exchange for a stab move. What's stopping it from running over teams with Nasty Plot? Firstly, it's stealth rock weak, which severely hinders it'sa switchin opportunities, which are already slim due to it's horrendous physical bulk, which also means it's easily revenge killed by physical moves and priority, such as the common rillaboom's grasy glide. Secondly, it has a tough time dealing with Ferrothorn, the Slowtwins, Chansey/Blissey (Because psyshock doesn't 2hko without boosts), Tapu Fini, and most notably, Empoleon and Mega Empoleon. Focus blast is tough to fit and inconsistent, and with the afforementioned lack of freeze dry, is struggles against bulky waters without setup, and even then, some still wall it after setup, and this doesn't cover it's offensive checks yet either! Those include Scarf Victini, Greninja, Weavile, every Mega Lycanroc, Bisharp and Rillaboom (Provided it has a safe switchin), just to name a few. Also, it's more bulky checks like heatran aren't ohkoed by boombust with defense investment, so it needs it's checks to be worn down too.

I have a collab with shrimp for magmoartar, and maybe I'll post electivire later once i have a concrete idea. Until then, Take Care!

Edited Jynx's Speed in accordance with hematite

Last edited:
:magmortar:
Mega Magmortar
New Ability: Flame Body(Vital Spirit) -> Mega Launcher
New Typing: Fire/Fighting

New Stats:
HP: 75
ATK: 95>110(+15)
DEF: 67>102(+35)
SPA: 125>135(+10)
SPD: 85>120(+35)
SPE: 83>88(+5)

Added Moves:Aura Sphere,Dragon Pulse,Dark Pulse,Terrain Pulse

Description:BLAST!I leaned fully into Magmortar's cannon here,giving it Mega Launcher and plenty of Pulse moves to abuse it.It gains a new Fighting typing which removes its weakness to SR(after it goes Mega at least)and gives it new spammable,consistent STAB in Mega Launcher Aura Sphere.Some meaty buffs to both defenses makes this a nice bulky attacker.Overall a nice Mega.

Haha Mega Launcher Mega Evolution get it?

Last edited:
1631841270339.png

Mega Jynx
Typing: Ice Psychic
Ability:
Brain Freeze (the opponent is unable to see the attacks used by Jynx. This only refers to names and animations, and does not apply to damage or stat boosts)

Stats:
Atk: 65 (+15)
Def: 65 (+30)
Spa: 140 (+25)
Spd: 110 (+15)
Spe: 110 (+15)
Bst: 555 (+100)

New moves: none
Mega Jynx's telekenetic abilities have grown so powerful that it induces a mental pain to its opponents. The pain, described as a perpetual brain freeze, causes a great feeling of amnesia so severe that can completely wipeout the memories of a person or even stop a large mayority of motor functions leading to the person's death. This is just in the worst case scenario though, as Mega Jynx usually only uses this power to make it easier for it to kiss its victims unless it feels threatened.
At first glance Jynx-Mega seems like a pretty mediocre mega, but it has a lot of unique factors going for it that makes it quite deadly. First of, Lovely kiss combined with a slightly higher speed will allow Jynx to get win/win situations out of poor matchups, while nasty plot is a dealy tool with Jynx's decent offenses of 55/140/110. However, the absolute biggest selling point of Jynx is its new ability Brain freeze, which makes mind games with illusion seem like a damn joke. While some of Jynx's old antics like Sub, nasty plot and lovely kiss will be completely visible due to damage, stat boost and status respectively, its attacks will be way more harder to properly prep against without calcing every 15 seconds. Can blissey switch on jynx or will it get crushed by psyshock? Can you switch your dark type safely or are you getting focused blasted to death? Being unable to properly scout this at all times makes Jynx an attacker that, if not concerningly unpredictable, is able to do a little trolling to some people.

1631841234439.png

Mega Electivire
Typing:
Electric Fighting
Ability: Power Plant (Whenever the user lands an electric type attack, all of the mon's in the user's team bar itself will gain 2pp to all their moves, name credit goes to Hematite)
Stats:
Hp: 75
Atk: 143 (+20)
Def: 105 (+38)
Spa: 95
Spd: 137 (+52)
Spe: 85 (-10)

New moves: Drain punch, Bulk up.
"The electricity output that Mega Electivire holds is so vast that it could sustain all technology on earth for at least a couple of decades. The most impressive capability of Mega Electrivire is that said electric outputs are able to bypass the system that composes pokeballs and send its electricity inside of it. Said energy is able to power up whatever mon is inside the pokeball to the point that it can last in battle for way longer intervals of time than normal.
It is no secret that MFA currently has a surplus of Physical electric type megas, all who already have some trouble differentiating themselves against its competitors. Rather than throw Electrivire to that oversaturated market, I decided to try a more unique approach.

You see, Electrivire's dex entries always talk about the huge amounts of voltage that it produces with its tails, which happen to be cable wires. The most common use of cable wires is to recharge devices, so i thought about a special niche that could make use of that. I then came up with the idea of PP restorage, a unique niche that no other Mon in the meta is able to fulfill and thus Power Plant was born.
Power Plant allows Electrivire to do what no other Mon is capable of doing in the entire meta: Restore PP. As such, I decided that it would be better for it to have a more defensive role to further difference itself from the other megas and be more prepared to support its team.

Its nerf to speed might seem harsh but one is quick to underestimate just how damn powerful PP restorage can be. It also gives me a bigger stat budget to invest in defence (although I currently still trying to figure out what said defensive stat spread is.) It also still gets a minor attack buff since its physical movepool is just so much better and it would be a shame not to use it. This essentially makes Electrivire an essential defensive backbone to restore PP for moves like heal bell or close combat, as well as allowing Electrivire to become a win condition on its own.

Finally, Electrivire gets the beloved electric/fighting type, which synergises excellently with the many fighting type moves in its arsenal. The addition of Bulk Up allows it to set up if it such desires to, while Drain Punch gives it much needed longevity as well as a being a spamable move by itself.

Last edited:
:ss/electivire:
Mega Electivire
Type: Electric/Fighting
Ability: Triage
Stats:
  • HP: 75 (+0)
  • Attack: 143 (+20)
  • Defense: 107 (+40)
  • Special Attack: 105 (+10)
  • Special Defense: 105 (+20)
  • Speed: 105 (+10)
New Moves: Drain Punch, Parabolic Charge

Description:

:ss/magmortar:
Mega Magmortar
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability: Intimidate
Stats:
  • HP: 75 (+0)
  • Attack: 105 (+10)
  • Defense: 87 (+20)
  • Special Attack: 145 (+20)
  • Special Defense: 135 (+40)
  • Speed: 93 (+10)
New Moves: Fiery Wrath

Description:

Last edited:
:SS/Jynx:
Collab with I-Deepblue-I
Name: Mega-Jynx (Masked Forme)

Typing: Ice/Psychic

Ability: Ice Face
Stats:

HP: 50
ATK: 60 (+10)
DEF: 75 (+40)
SPA: 115
SPD: 125 (+30)
SPE: 115 (+20)
BST: 555 (+100)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Mega-Jynx (Revealed Forme)

Typing: Ice/Psychic

Ability: Ice Face
Stats:

HP: 50
ATK: 75 (+25)
DEF: 60 (+25)
SPA: 135 (+20)
SPD: 115 (+20)
SPE: 105 (+10)
BST: 555 (+100)

Jynx takes inspiration from the Yukki-onna, a yokai from Japanese mythology which attracts men using its beauty, then sucks out all their life energy.
Similarly, Mega-Jynx creates a beautiful mask made of ice to appear like a peaceful. even helpful creature, which it uses to bait in any prey foolish enough to follow it, then, it proceeds drains their life energy.
How does this translate into game mechanics?
The answer lies in its new ability, Ice Face, which Jynx can utilize to become a setup sweeper that can always take a free physical hit.
Its Masked Forme (The form it takes before Ice Face is broken) is significantly faster than its Revealed Form (The form it takes after Ice Face is broken) meaning it's the form it should use to set up, as it can exploit the free hit thanks to Ice Face or Lovely Kiss' sleep to set up a Nasty Plot relatively risk-free. Jynx's other form, while slower. hits significantly harder, so it can rip apart many defensive teams with its great offensive STAB combo and coverage in Focus Blast.

:SS/Magmortar:
Collab with IndigoRewrite a.k.a ARandomPerson
Name: Mega Magmortar

Typing: Fire

Ability: Booby Trap
-If this pokemon land on any hazard, use tar shot on opponents. This pokemon is immune to hazards
Stats:
Atk: 105(+10)
Def: 97(+30)
Spa: 165(+40)
Spd: 105(+10)
Spe: 93(+10)
New moves: Agility, Aura Sphere, Morning Sun (all notable)

So, what's the flavour for Booby Trap Magmortar? Well, if you didn't know, Magmotar is based on a booby, The Japanese name for Magmotar is "Booburn", while the name for its pre-evo is literally "Booby". Imagine that Magmotar that loads up any hazards present into it's cannons, and shooting the molten hazards onto its opponent. Pretty cool right? So how does magmortar fuction? It's an amazing wallbreaker and potential sweeper. It's ability works on any hazard, but does not clear them, so it can reactivate it's ability every time it switches in. It also gains a handy hazard immunity. With its great spatk stat and relatively good bulk, this can easily force switches due to it's ability, and it can utilize agility to outspeed the entire unboosted meta, using its high unboosted spatk and good movepool to potentially sweep. If the opponent chooses not to switch, it can fire off its stab fire moves which most likely results in an OHKO.

:SS/Electivire:
Name: Mega Electivire

Typing: Electric

Ability: Short Circuit
-If there is an electric pokemon on the field, the electric pokemon loss its electric type and user apply the charge effect on itself
Stats:
Atk: 143(+20)
Def: 107(+40)
Spa: 105(+10)
Spd: 85
Spe: 125(+30)
New Moves: Bulk up

- Electivire seeking for electric type to charge itself, by absorbing electric from others.
Well, electric is a relatively good type in general. One weakness as a defensive typing and as an offensive typing, it's one of the most spammable type. Electivire with this ability get rids of most electric type in the meta. At +1, facing utility zapdos, it could OHKO using thunder punch, which is impressive (well +1 charge stab se isn't that really that impressive :P ). Its decent natural physical bulk along with its ability buffing its spdef, this thing is quite bulky too.

Last edited:
:ss/electivire:
Mega Electivire
Type: Electric
Ability: Galvanize
Stats: 75/153 (+20)/107 (+40)/115 (+30)/105 (+20)/85 (-10)
New Moves: None
Description: One thing I dislike about Physical Electric Type Pokemon is that non signature Electric Type moves aren't that good (Wild Charge has a mediocre BP for a recoil move and Thunder Punch has a low BP). Thankfully, Galvanize can let them use STAB Normal Type Physical moves which have better Base Powers, like Return and Double Edge. Mega Electivire can now use STAB Returns or Double Edges with a 153 Attack.
252+ Atk Galvanize Electivire-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight (not Mega): 408-480 (102 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Galvanize Electivire Quick Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tornadus-Therian: 236-278 (65.1 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Electivire Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 258-304 (73.2 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
8 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Electivire: 224-266 (63.2 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
To balance it, I gave it a lower Speed, but it is pretty bulky.
:ss/magmortar:
Mega Magmortar
Type: Fire
Ability: Evaporation
This Pokemon's Fire Type moves are Super Effective against Water Types.
Stats: 75/105 (+10)/87 (+20)/155 (+30)/115 (+20)/103 (+20)
New Moves: None
Description: Magmortar's Pokedex entries constantly state that, "It blasts fireballs of over 3,600 degrees F from the ends of its arms." That is WAY higher than the boiling point of water. Naturally, it should be hot enough to even melt water Pokemon! Competitively, Mega Magmortar is a great check to bulky Water Types, like Toxapex and Slowbro. It can't switch in on Scald easily, though. It will be a good Mega for Fire Monotype teams.
252 SpA Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 302-356 (99.3 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 276-326 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Slowking Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Magmortar: 152-182 (52.2 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:ss/jynx:
Mega Jynx
Type: Ice/Psychic
Ability: Jinxed!
When this Pokemon Mega Evolves or switches in, this Pokemon uses Imprison.
Stats: 65/115 (Swapped with Special attack)/85 (+50)/70 (Swapped with Attack, +20)/125 (+30)/95
New Moves: Recover, Knock Off (these moves can be removed if needed)
Description: My justification for the ability lies in the fact that Jynx sounds like Jinx. You may have heard of it before (source: Wikipedia):
A jinx can be initiated when at least two people say any same word or phrase at the same time. Typically, after the coincidental voicing of the same content, the individuals compete to say the word "jinx" before the other, with the slower respondent being the "loser" or "jinxee."

There are different variations on what is required of the jinxee. In one popular version, the winner gets to playfully punch the loser in the arm. In another, the winner will say, "Jinx, buy me a soda" or "pinch poke, you owe me a Coke" first and the loser must comply. There is also a version where the name of the jinxee has to be uttered a number of times to "free" the jinxee.
I assume that Jynx would cause the opponents to not use the moves that Jynx knows. Imprison is also not commonly used in a competitive environment aside from in BH where it can prevent Pokemon from using moves when combined with Transform. Mega Jynx would allow it to be used automatically, thereby saving a turn to utilize Imprison.
Naturally, automatic Imprison is kinda strong, so I gave Jynx a somewhat low speed tier and gave it a large Attack boost that is relatively useless. Mega Jynx's goal in a competitive environment is to use common moves to prevent the opponent from using them. Recover gives it a reliable way to heal itself and offset it's mediocre bulk, while Knock Off is very common and can let it be a good Knock Off absorber. It's weakness to Stealth Rocks hinders it's usage, however.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:bw/jynx:
:jynx: Mega Jynx
New Ability
: Queenly Majesty

New stats:
Attack: 50 --> 70 (+20)
Defense: 35 --> 65 (+30)
Special Attack: 115 --> 135 (+20)
Special Defense: 95 --> 115 (+20)
Speed: 95 --> 105 (+10)
(BST) 455 --> 555

New moves: Aura Sphere
Description: This Mega-Jynx doesn't have a super flashy playstyle or ability, but it's better to go for something simple sometimes. Queenly Majesty allows it to avoid many priority moves that Jynx fears, as it is notably weak to Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, First Impression and Bullet Punch. In the M4A OU metagame, this allows it to avoid priority from Aegislash, Bisharp, Scizor and Rillaboom whose Grassy Glide it also fears. While it doesn't match up incredibly against all of these, it should be able to 1hko or at least deal heavy damage to a few of them depending on its coverage. Mega-Jynx is going to run Nasty Plot with Lovely Kiss sets most of the time since these are its strongest tools. It'll often run its stab Ice Beam along with fighting coverage in the form of either Focus Blast or Aura Sphere to beat most steel types, including, but not limited to Heatran, Bisharp and Ferrothorn. It could also forgo Lovely Kiss for Psyshock or Hidden Power Fire, making the setup more difficult, but allowing it to break through pokemon such as Scizor or Blissey. Mega-Jynx also has a good niche in VGC as Queenly Majesty protect it and its teammates from Fake Out as well as Grassy Glide. It also gets Fake Out itself, allowing it to be a great support lead, and it can also use Lovely Kiss to stay useful after the first turn. Overall, Mega-Jynx is a strong sweeper/wallbreaker in singles and great support in VGC.

:Smogjynx:
Mega Jynx
Ability: Wonderous Mist (If this pokemon is on the field all items outside of mega stones are disabled and included pokemon on the same side of the field)
Hp: 65
Atk: 50
Def: 59 (+24)
Spatk: 135 (+20)
Spdef: 135 (+40)
Spd: 111 (+16)
Description: Jynx has a lot of the tools to succeed but I didn't want another Mega Alakazam where it was just too strong to be contained. I gave it an ability based on wonder room which can allow Jynx to benefit much more from hazards wearing down it's switch ins. Jynx may seem hard to counter however with a terrible defense most neutral physical hits can OHKO even from pivots and Jynx takes 25% from rocks on switch in as well as 111 Spd while decently fast doesn't allow Jynx to blaze past revenge killers. Jynx prior to mega evolution can be tricky to switch in even with Dry Skin giving it a water immunity due to Jynx having a really bad bst and as a consequence terrible defenses. Mega Jynx is basically an anti-pivot not allowing pokemon to come in for free with hdb such as blissey, slowbro/king, torn-t, and g-slowking. Jynx when running nasty plot also faces 4MSS just not as severe as other pokemon because it can't run NP/Ice Beam/ Psychic/Focus Blast/Freeze Dry all at once and having ice beam for a stronger option is nice against pokemon like corviknight while Jynx needs Freeze Dry to break past pokemon like Tapu Fini and Focus Blast is needed to beat steel types otherwise jynx can just get ohko'd before it can KO them back. Jynx's ability also allows it to not worry about choice scarfed pokemon revenge killing but 111 isn't as blazing fast as in past generations.

:Magmortar:
Type: Fire/Steel
Ability: Sheer Force
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Heavy Slam
Atk: 125 (+30)
Def: 87 (+20)
Spatk: 145 (+20)
Spdef: 115 (+20)
Spd: 93 (+10)
Wt: 500kg
Description: Magmortar is a fucking mortar and that is rad as hell. Now Magmortar is even cooler getting upgraded and appearing as a more modern artillery gun. This explains the steel type and the weight. Artillery shells also move fast so Magmortar gets more speed however with no way to increase special attack and belly drum taking away half of Magmortars health and not being able to hold a berry makes sheer force a powerful ability but Magmortar will only be hitting with it's base special attack

:Electivire:
Ability: Moxie
New Moves: Drain Punch, Knock Off
Atk: 143 (+20)
Def: 87 (+20)
Spatk: 115 (+20)
Spdef: 95 (+10)
Spd: 125 (+30)
Description: Electivire actually gets pumped up before a fight increasing it's voltage before a fight and Electivire fights primarily using it's tails. I decided against fighting type for electivire and just made it a stronger Zera with less speed and no electric immunity but also moxie so it can clean very well also Electivire doesn't get Knock Off for some reason? That makes 0 sense and also allows for Electivire to have more utility and Drain Punch allowing for a more accurate fighting stab and no boosting outside of PuP makes this stat spread more justifiable.

Last edited:
I have an electric monke that goes well with a magnet and a generic scary voodoo ice woman, take your pick.

:electivire:
Electivire-Mega
Type: Electric/Fighting
Ability: Electroplating
When this Pokemon uses an Electric-type contact move, the target gains the Steel type. The effect wears off when the target switches out.

Stats:
Atk: 161 (+38)
Def: 90 (+23)
SpA: 115 (+20)
SpD: 100 (+15)
Spe: 99 (+4)

New moves: Drain Punch, Bulk Up

F l a v o r AND Design Aesthetics (!)

Yes, you heard that right Harold, design aesthetics. I actually have a picture in mind of how I want my Electivire-Mega to look like.

You see those wires there? Well, according to certain Pokedex entries:
It pushes the tips of its two tails against the foe, then lets loose with over 20,000 volts of power.
- Diamond and Pearl
It grips its tail, which spews electricity, and then beats down opponents with the power of its electrified fist.
- Ultra Sun
Electivire's tail provides an incredibly high output of electricity, and by holding onto its tails, Electivire's damage output is a lot stronger.

So I thought to myself: How do I make this easier? Well, it's rather simple -- Have the wires be attached onto Electivire's arms when it Mega Evolves.

But wait, there's a twist!

Electivire's Mega Stone contains specific characteristics that allow the process of electroplating to occur, with the electrons from the cathode (the Mega Stone) being transferred to the anode (Electivire's arms), causing them to be coated in a layer of solid metal. Essentially, Electivire gains a pair of iron knuckles.

But how does the ability here come into play? Well, when Electivire slams its 20k volt fists into the opponent, the high positive charge of the fists transfer their electrons to the body it comes into contact with, due to it having higher electrical potential, causing the opponent to also be coated in metal once the contact process is complete.

Competitive Analysis
The idea here is simple: Wild Charge, Drain Punch, profit.
Benchmark used here is typeless Mew with a blank set:
252 Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 175-207 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (15 - 17.7% recoil damage)
252 Atk Electivire Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew (???/Steel): 290-344 (85 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (49.8 - 58.7% recovered)

With Electroplating, Wild Charge and Drain Punch work in tandem and synergize very well in the sense that you can regain the health you lose from Wild Charge by sapping it from your opponents with Drain Punch, and with the additional Steel-type, you actually gain health rather than lose it.

There are many things in the common M4AOU meta that can counter STAB Electric-type moves. glares menacingly at all Ground types, Amoonguss and Tangrowth
However, with Electroplating, Grass-types and also Clefable to a certain extent will have to be aware of the danger of being turned into part-Steel types, as Drain Punch is able to heal off the recoil that Electivire takes from using Wild Charge by hitting these converted Steel-types for at least neutral damage (unless you're a Ghost-type or are already 4x resisting Fighting).
But how does it fare against your typical M4AOU wall?

252 Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 153-181 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
It's not bad, but it could be better-

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 262-310 (66.4 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

With Electroplating, Magnezone becomes a phenomenal partner for Electivire, being able to efficiently trap Pokemon that Electivire converts into Steels and take care of them easily with a Specs-boosted HP Fire or Thunderbolt.

In the VGC scene, Electivire-Mega can also choose to apply the Steel-type to give them more defensive utility: one particular example comes in the form of Grassy Seed Rillaboom, who at +1 is able to tank a soft Thunder Punch from Electivire and gain a crucial Steel-type to make it more resistant towards U-turn while it sets up SD. In return, Electivire-Mega relishes the presence of the Earthquake-weakening Grassy Terrain, leaving fewer things available to stop it while it uses Bulk Up. (Special thanks to Gravity Monkey for inspiring this VGC segment of the analysis!)

Electivire-Mega does have its own weaknesses though: It's unable to abuse its ability against Ground-types, which remain immune to Electroplating by default, it's 75/90 physical bulk can leave it frail occasionally and it's speed tier leaves more to be desired: 99 allows it to be outsped by various pokemon with 3-digit base speeds.

One more question that needs to be answered: How does this Mega stand out from all the other canon Electric megas we already have, in particular Raichu-Mega? Well, to answer that question:

-1 252 Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight-Mega: 158-188 (39.5 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (13.5 - 16.1% recoil damage)
-1 252 Atk Reckless Raichu Volt Tackle vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 206-246 (51.5 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (26 - 31.1% recoil damage)

Raichu-Mega is more of a glass cannon, still being able to 2HKO MCorv despite the -1 attack drop, but having lesser HP and getting more recoil damage as a result; while Electivire-Mega can only 3HKO it, but takes lesser damage and has Bulk Up to compensate for the lack of a decent speed tier and also makes it more bulkier and harder to deal with.

And here, have a sample set to go with this little section:
Bulk Up (Electivire) (M)
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
*goes very well with Magnezone

(like seriously, Magnezone also resists Psychic and Fairy type revenge moves for Electivire)

:jynx:
Jynx-Mega
Ability: Bad Dreams

Stats:
Atk: 60 (+10)
Def: 60 (+30)
SpA: 150 (+35)
SpD: 110 (+30)
Spe: 105 (+10)

New moves: Destiny Bond, Teeter Dance

F l a v o r
There is literally no flavor here. It's just a joke on how being KISSED TO SLEEP by a Jynx will certainly give you nightmares for the rest of your life.

Competitive Analysis
...what if Darkrai was an OU Pokemon?
ok all jokes aside, Jynx-Mega, paired with a phenomenal 150 Special Attack, has a much more potent wallbreaking capability especially when paired with Nasty Plot. Putting Pokemon to sleep with Lovely Kiss also blends well with this ability, as Jynx is capable of taking advantage of this free turn (and also the free chip damage that comes with Bad Dreams) by once again setting up and starting a sweep. With a +2 SpA boost, it can tear through teams with its powerful dual STABs, all the while being able to punish resists with a potential turn of sleep and chip.

However, the 4MSS syndrome of this Pokemon is evident, as without Focus Blast, this pokemon is eternally walled by the common Steel-types of the metagame, Heatran in particular. It's also outsped by common Pokemon in the metagame, such as Grassy Glide Rillaboom, Weavile, Cinderace and Raichu-Mega. Not to mention its frailness in the Phys. Def department.

Regardless, the wallbreaking potential of this Pokemon should not be slept on.
ba-dum tssh

Nasty Plot (Jynx) (F)
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Last edited:
Mega Jynx

Ability - Oblivious, Forewarn; Dry Skin ➝ No Guard

HP
- 65 ➝ 65
Atk
- 50 ➝ 60 (+10)
Def - 35 ➝ 73 (+38)
SpA - 115 ➝ 125 (+10)
SpD - 95 ➝ 127 (+32)
Spe - 95 ➝ 105 (+10)
BST - 455 ➝ 555 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Dazzling Gleam, Freeze-Dry, Moonlight, Rapid Spin
Competitive Corner - It's fast, it has a 100% accurate sleep move, okay Special Attack and Nasty Plot to set up? That seems decent! Now with a more modest speed tier (get it? because modest is not a speed boosting ability haha im so funny... '-'), Mega Jynx makes use of No Guard, as suggested by Hematite, with fully accurate Blizzards, Focus Blasts, and most scarily, Lovely Kiss! And that's kinda it, you just put things to sleep, set up, and Blizzard / Focus Blast away! The main trouble with Mega Jynx, and what would keep it in check, is that it struggles with 4MSS, it really wants to run Blizzard, Focus Blast, and Psychic STAB, but that requires giving up one of Lovely Kiss or Nasty Plot, making it a bit less threatening, and giving one of its STABs or coverage likely means Mega Jynx will struggle to beat something, be it Steels without Focus Blast, Psychics without Blizzard, or Toxapex / Tapu Fini without Psychic coverage. Freeze-Dry is also an option, giving good coverage especially with Focus Blast, but it is relatively weak, so it leaves a bit to be desired. Granted, Mega Jynx can always sleep the one thing that walls it, except Tapu Fini of course, but it is possible to play around it via sleep clause!
Flavor Corner - Jynx pulls from so many inspirations it was tricky finding one cohesive theme, instead, I decided to just follow Smoochum's path and make it's Mega Evolution about kissing! Very creative, I know. And with that idea I decided to make the whole trio focus on specific moves à la Iron Fist or Mega Launcher Turns out No Guard really works here, thematically you could say it acts on not 100% accurate moves but, I'm fine settling for Jynx being a bit separate from Electivire and Magmortar thematically, given Game Freak already kinda did that in Generation 4 by not giving Jynx an evolution, alas! Toying with the stats was also interesting, all of Electabuzz, Electivire, Magmar, and Magmortar have four stats that are multiples of five, plus one ending in 3, and another ending in 7, so I decided to apply that here. Electivire and Magmortar also have 123 Attack, and 125 Special Attack, respectively, so I thought continuing the pattern with 127 Speed Now Special Defense on Mega Jynx would be cool! The remaining non-multiple of five stat goes to Mega Jynx's defense, as is the case for these other four. Now, I know it's weird to have Mega Jynx as a parallel to Electivire and Magmortar, as opposed to their Megas, but, the BST difference is so much, that this felt more reasonable, me thinks. Especially with the 123, 125, 127 motif. Now let's get onto Electivire!

Mega Electivire

Ability - Motor Drive; Vital Spirit ➝ Iron Fist

HP
- 75 ➝ 75
Atk
- 123 ➝ 153 (+30)
Def - 67 ➝ 97 (+30)
SpA - 95 ➝ 115 (+20)
SpD - 85 ➝ 115 (+30)
Spe - 95 ➝ 85 (-10)
BST - 540 ➝ 640 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Drain Punch, Mach Punch
Competitive Corner - Iron Fist boosted Thunder Punch, Drain Punch, Mach Punch, and all the punching coverage you want, all coming from a base 153 Attack stat! The bulk and speed department are a bit lacking, but it's nothing Motor Drive before Mega Evolving and some priority can't fix!
Flavor Corner - I know I know I know, the Fighting-type is so free, but it works so well too to make the trio a Psychic, Fighting, Dark group, and Electivire's inspirations back the Fighting-type a bit, with it being inspired on Gorillas (very territorial) and the Yeti, possibly! Plus, the Iron Fist connection with Jynx's idea was too cool for me to pass up, even if it makes no sense because it's unlikely one of these three win, let alone all, but still I really liked how this came out!

Mega Magmortar

Ability - Motor Drive; Vital Spirit ➝ Quick-Fire (Quick-Fire causes the user to move 1.2x faster when using aura and pulse moves.)

HP - 75 ➝ 75
Atk
- 95 ➝ 115 (+20)
Def - 67 ➝ 97 (+30)
SpA - 125 ➝ 155 (+30)
SpD - 95 ➝ 85 (-10)
Spe - 83 ➝ 113 (+30)
BST - 540 ➝ 640 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Terrain Pulse
Competitive Corner - With the boost from Quick-Fire, an Aura Sphere or Dark Pulse from a Timid (o-or Jolly? You do you!) Mega Magmortar just outpaces Mega Beedril and Mega Sceptile or anything slower! Whereas its regular 113 base Speed is nothing to scoff at either! This thing hits reasonably hard, has nice coverage with its new movepool additions, and is relatively fast, all things considered, and being able to modulate its speed stat on the once in a blue moon situation where that's actually relevant (people use Fly and Dive a lot, right?)!
Flavor Corner - Okay, I know what you might be thinking, that cheeky Special Defense drop is odd, yes, I agree. But listen, Mega Diancie and Mega Mewtwo X have dropped defenses compared to their base forms, and while a legendary isn't the best precedent, I feel like given how Electivire and Magmortar's Special Defense and Speed stats seem to be swapped (if you ignore the last digit), I think it maybe makes some sense? Plus I wanted to give Magmortar more of a glass-canony vibe, as opposed to Mega Electivire being more of a tank, and I think this choice helps sell that well. Please don't be too mad at me, thank you! Now, the other elephant in the room is why Fire / Dark? and that's mostly to complete the cute cycle with Jynx and Electivire, Magmortar itself doesn't really allude to Dark very much (aside from possibly being inspired by the japanese yōkai Kappa, but that's a stretch and not good reasoning at all), so we'd have to pull from outside inspirations, in this case, I think taking a bit of an "outlaw" theme for it would be fun! With its cannony arm representing, of course, a gun, and the ability reflecting that common trope of the sheriff and the outlaw facing off, western style, and the outlaw pulling a sneaky and shooting first, I think it makes sense right? I dunno. Oh also actually Magmar and Magmortar learn Feint Attack at like level 12 as per USM, we all know what happened to that unsuspecting move in Sword and Shield, but hey, if you really stretch it that's evidence for Dark-type enough to me! Last thing i want to address is, you might be asking yourself, "okay, but why particularly a 25% increase, why not 20% or 30%, or etc?" And that's for a simple reason, Iron Fist is already set as a 20% increase, aka 6/5. Kissing Spree was made 33.3%, aka, 4/3, so that Lovely Kiss and Sweet Kiss are 100% accurate. So, we can make this one 5/4, that way, we have a 6/5 boost, a 5/4 boost, and a 4/3 boost! And as a bonus this also gets a +Spe natured Mega Magmortar into a nice speed tier of just outspeeding base + Spe natured 135s by one point, which is cool, if I do say so myself Disregarding my maths mistake (I probably forgot to give Magmortar a nature or something), I've changed the multiplier to 1.2x to be more in line with Iron Fist, now that Mega Jynx has been tweaked, and now Mega Magmortar outpaces base 145s by one point exactly, nice!

Last edited:
:Electivire: Mega Electivire
New Ability
: Magnet Pull
Type:
Electric
New stats:
Attack: 150(+27)
Defense: 97(+30)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 120(+35)
Speed: 103(+8)
(640)

New moves: Drain Punch

:Magmortar: Mega Magmortar
New Ability
: Lapili (This pokemons fire-type moves do extra damage to the target depending on how week they are to rock (Stealth Rock damage but halved))
Type:
Fire
New stats:
Attack: 95
Defense: 120 (+53)
Special Attack: 150(+25)
Special Defense: 97(+2)
Speed: 103(+20)
(640)

New moves: Eruption

:Smogjynx: : Mega Jynx
New Ability
: Technician
Type:
Ice/Fairy
New stats:
Attack: 50
Defense: 77(+32)
Special Attack: 150(+35)
Special Defense: 120(+25)
Speed: 103(+8)
(555)

New moves: Ominous Wind

Magmortar.gif

Magmortar-Mega :magmortar:

Ability : Mold breaker

Hp : 75
Atk : 117 (+22)
Def : 77 (+10)
SpA : 158 (+33)
SpD : 110 (+15)
Spe : 103 (+20)

New move : Pyro Ball

The concept of this Mega Magmortar is based around the gun like aspect of magmortar arms. It is now able to launch powerfull bullet, able to pierce through armors and defenses. This mega have for goal to be able to beat usual fire counter and check (namely water and heatran), by using its increased fire power and its ability to tear their defense.

The stats were made so that Magmortar is able to 2HKO specialy defensive heatran after SR with Fire blast, while being able to 2HKO tapu fini with thunderbolt. Its speed was tailored to speedcreep Garchomp, which can be a threath to it. Therefore running hp ice in order to beat some of the mon that may threaten him can be a good option. Thank to its ability it can also freely spam thunderbolt against empoleon and nearly 2HKO without prior damage.

Utility set, such as WoW spreader ; toxic utility or taunt can also take adavantage of mold breaker by ignoring ability immunity and Magic Bounce. When combined with magmortar huge fire power, it stand out as a really good tool to fight against stall.

The increased attack allow for mixed set to beat blissey granted prior damage. It is also a way to open Magmortar to more wacky set, such as bellydrummer ; which take full adavantage of moldbreaker to ignore unaware and immunity.

I decided to keep its physical defense low so that it can be OHKO by aqua jet from band shifu after SR damage ; and other priority from strong attacker in general , to allow for more offensive counter play. I hope this mega can help pokemon such as latias/latios , or other bulky dragon type to rise in viability due to their strong ability to check Magmortar.

Electivire charging up _ Pokémon.gif

Mega Electivire :electivire:

Mega-Electivire Electric

Ability : Power Load (at the begining of each turn if electric terrain is active gain 0.1x damage : turn 1 damage x 1,1 , turn 2 damage x 1,2 ; ...)

Hp : 75
Atk : 143 (+20)
Def : 84 (+17)
SpA : 123 (+28)
SpD : 105 (+20)
Spe : 110 (+15)

Electivire-Mega use its wires to connect itself to the electric terrain, slowly recharging its battery and getting stronger and stronger as it keep charging. Once fully loaded ; Electivire inflinct devesting attack, breaking everything that add the misfortune of letting it live long enough.

The focus on this ability is to give a new focus on terrain oriented team ; in particular electric terrain. While most terrain abuser usually don’t try to stay long and just come to give few big hit before going back into the ball ; this mega try to stay on the terrain as long as possible in order to break opposing pokemon. It also push the terrain setter to run terrain extender in order to increase Electivire potencie. Terrain extender is an usually relatively rarely used item compared to their weather counter part, despite the pletora of good terrain setter ; which is why i wanted to give that obvious synergy to that mega.

Mega Electivire is still balanced around the fact that most ground type can still check it (carefull as it learn ice punch tho). Other pokemon struggle a lot more, as it can fire powerfull rising voltage or wild charge, while having fire coverage to deal with grass type that think of stopping it.

I decided to keep its speed not too high to give more opportunity for revenge killing as it would be able to easily snawball once it get enough boost from the terrain. I also wanted its physical defense not to be too high so that i can still be OHKO by v-create from scarf Tini.

I wanted it to lean more on the mixed side to take adavantage of its good movepool on both offensive side and pressure usual defensive core allowing it to rack boost by forcing switch.

pokemon-ugly.gif

Jynx :jynx:
Mega Jynx
Ability : Disguise
Hp : 65
Atk : 70 (+20)
Def : 45 (+10)
SpA : 145 (+30)
SpD : 135 (+40)
Spe : 95

This Jynx is based on the concept of Yama-Uba , a japanese demon that take the form of eitheir a young woman or an old lady in order to ensnare lost traveler in snowy mountain to eat them. Jyns use the ability disguise to pretend being nice and helpfull while preparing a terrible attack whit setup or sleep.
Competitively this pokemon work in a very similar way as Mimikyu , using its ability to get a free turn of set up or statut to then make hole in the opponent team. The ability coupled with lovely kiss allow Jynx for easy setup exploiting its huge Spa stat to break through most OU defensive threath. I decided against putting ay speed in this mon as i wanted its role to be focus on Breacking power and not sweeping , as i found the combination of lovely kiss and disguise quite scary on a mon too fast. I instead opted to put more point into SpDef to accentuate Jynx Special side and give more setup opportunity against special atatcker outside of disguise. I also decided to let the Def be low so that priority still have an huge impact in preventing sweeping as the intended role is wall breaking. For instance the combination of Ice beam, psychock and foxus blast tear throught any OU mon not name Aegislash. But its still easy to revenge kill. Its main point over mimikyu is being able to pressure as soon as it come in without needing much prior setup to do so, working as a great sweep stoper , in addition to wall breaking and pressuring team.

Last edited:
Well... My first joke sub. Yes, i'm too bored at homeoffice for making this.

So you think you can deliver glamour?

" Appears to move to a rhythm of its own, as if it were dancing. It wiggles its hips as it walks. "
" In certain parts of Galar, Jynx was once feared and worshiped as the Queen of Ice. "
" The Jynx of Galar often have beautiful and delicate voices. Some of these Pokémon have even gathered a fan base. "

Jynx-Mega
Ability: Eleganza
Succesfully using dance moves will gag all foes, harshly decreasing their evasion stat and, at the same time, increasing its own special defense by 1 stage.

New moves: Teeter Dance, Revelation Dance, Swords Dance

Stats:
Hp: 65
Atk: 50 > 115 (+65)
Def: 35 > 35 (-)
Spa: 115 > 130 (+15)
Spd: 95 > 105 (+10)
Spe: 95 > 105 (+10)

Hiiiiiieeeeeeeee

This pokemon's dance moves are so SICKENING that the enemies starts to gag on it's eleganza!
She didn't come to play, she came to slay!

You better work with this mega. It can be used as a setup sweeper, both physical or special (that's right, she is versatile!), abusing it's large and in charge movepool. Stunning!

About the new moves, well... Miss thing over here is dancing even while casually moving. Let's give it some more dancing moves, it will be an Escandalo!
No Quiver Dance for it. Would give it backrolls, too broken. Revelation Dance is a strange choice, but is flavor-wise for a Psychic dancer, as well as adding nothing more then an ice beam that activate its ability.

Oh so you want some sets henny? Stay tuned, because tonight category is Mega-Jynx eleganza! Subbers, start your engines, and may the best sub queen, win!

Right! Ruveal yourself!

Jynx (F) @ megastone
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Dynamic Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Physical jynx is serving set up supremacy. Use Swords Dance once and gag everybody! This set serves no miss triple axels and dynamic punches to punish those nasty dark-types that are gagged.

===
Jynx (F) @ megastone
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot/Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Psychic/Psyshock/Stored Power
- Focus Blast

In this runway, Jynx is serving special sweeper realness. Use revelation dance to show the level of unprofessionalism of your enemies and never miss focus blasts against gagged enemies. You can also serve calm mind + stored power shenanigans. Revelation Dance is essential for activating its ability.

====
Jynx (F) @ megastone
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Heal Beal
- Perish Song
- Mean Look
- Blizzard/Focus Blast

Well everybody makes choices... But perish trap is a choice. Specially with such low defense stat and awful defensive typing. Unexpected, but once spotted it will be its inner saboteur. Also, Heal Bell makes it a good cleric in various sets.

===
So it's time for you to megaevolve.... FOR. YOUR. LEGACY.
Good luck and don't mega-garchomp up.

Remember, if you can't love your subs, how in the hell you gonna love anybody's else. Can I get an amen?

Thank you.

Ngl, i'm pround of this. If it's vetoed, I wont change it.

Now the more serious subs:

Ability: Grounded Tails
This pokemon is capable of using electric-type attacks against ground type pokemon. In addition, electric moves will hit all adjacent GROUNDED pokemon on the field.
*The ability does not work if the target is a Flying type, is under the effect of Magnet Rise, holds an Air Balloon or has Levitate as ability. Affected by Mold Breaker.
** Still activating Lightning Rod and Motor Drive.

Stats:
Atk: 123 > 123 (-)
Def: 67 > 77 (+10)
Spa: 95 > 123 (+28)
Spd: 85 > 115 (+30)
Spe: 95 > 127 (+32)

New moves: nope

Not beeing afraid of the danger, Electivire faces ground-types ignoring disavantages.

When attacking, he burries his long tails, shooting tons of eletricity in the ground. The liberated energy is so strong that even ground-type pokemon can feel it. In fact, every grounded pokemon on the field can feel the energy, so electivire must be aware: he can hurt his allies.

Mega Electivire is an excelent pivot with great speed, since ground types (except Lando/Gliscor) can't block it.
It is also able to break through common walls like slowtwins, fini and toxapex, but can't do much against grass-types.

Good partners for it could be Rillaboom/Bulu, providing grassy terrain as recovery and eq resistance, while Electivire breaks flying types for them.

Thorn-T itself works as a great hazard control and regenerator pivot for it when facing grass types.

Can be used in doubles with Weakness Policy strategies (since it hits everyone), but it might be aware of paralyzing partners. In general, any spread electric move might be cool, specially with partners like Lanto-T or Rillaboom.

Biggest counter? Lando-T, with Intimidate and Electivire's ability not working due to the Flying type.

Type: Fire

Ability: Rock Melter
This pokemon is immune to rock type moves. In addition, this pokemon's fire type moves deals super effective damage againts rock type pokemon.
* Also applies to stealth rock. Affected by Mold Breaker.

Stats:
Atk: 95 > 135 (+40)
Def: 67 > 87 (+20)
Spa: 125 > 155 (+30)
Spd: 95 > 115 (+20)
Spe: 83 > 73 (-10)

New moves: Morning Sun

" There are still quite a few factories that rely on the flames provided by Magmortar to process metals. "
Mega Magmortar is also used to proccess minerals. Fire shooted from him is so hot that can melt any known rock.

This ability removes magmortar biggest flaw as a relatively slow breaker: rock weakness, allowing it to safely switch-in against resisted (or no effect moves) not worrying about losing 25% HP on entry. Works well with sun teams, flying types and rock-weak teams in general.

Also, solo fire is an excelent defensive typing when removing rock weakness. 6 resistances, 1 immunity and only 2 weaknesses, with nice 75/87/115 bulk and Morning Sun recovery. This can make Mega Magmortar a counter to dangerous special attackers like Magearna and Volcarona, and checks for other fire-type threats like Blacephalon, Mega Delphox, Mega Orbeetle, Mega Talonflame.

Some sets that might work (because i'm dumb at this game)

===

SpDef:

Magmortar @ megastone
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Morning Sun
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Scorching Sands
- Thunderbolt

===

All-out-Attacker (special or mixed)

Magmortar @ Megastone
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest/Mild Nature
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Scorching Sands/Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast/Cross Chop

===

Sun

Magmortar
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Weather Ball
- Scorching Sands/Focus Blast/Morning Sun
- Thunderbolt
- Solar Beam

===

Physical attacker (yikes)

Magmortar
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Flareblitz
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch/Mach Punch
- Cross Chop/Thunder Punch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)