Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

I was on multiple instances considering not subbing for this slate, guess I'll do it now.
:falinks:
Mega Falinks
New Ability
: Tactical Formation (If the pokemon with this ability is Falinks, it changes into attack formation if it uses No Retreat, and changes into defense formation after taking damage from a super-effective move.)
Type: Fighting

New stats:
Attack formation:
HP: 65
Attack: 120 (+20)
Defense: 115 (+15)
Special Attack: 100 (+30)
Special Defense: 75 (+15)
Speed: 95 (+20)
(570 BST)

Defense formation (when Falinks mega evolves, it'll be in this formation.):
Attack: 115 (+15)
Defense: 120 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 (+30)
Special Defense: 95 (+35)
Speed: 75
(570 BST)

New moves: lol
Description:
Falinks, as you know, is made of multiple pokemon. (6, to be exact. 1 leader, and 5 troops).

Do you know what's also made up of multiple organisms? That's right, military formations.

Flavor-wise, it makes sense. Mega Falinks gets into a defensive formation first (because you have no idea what hell you may be facing down), readies their offense, and then carries it out. On the competitive corner, Mega Falinks utilizes its solid defenses (yes even uninvested) to tank a hit, boost with No Retreat, and then immediately get lethal with Close Combat. 95 speed may not seem like the best speed tier, and neither does 65/120/95 defenses in defense formation (even if they are kind of decent) or 65/115/75 defenses in attack formation. But when you factor in No Retreat they go from mid-tier in defenses and speed to quite good actually. Now, enter Tactical Formation. It has 2 applications with Mega Falinks (and only Mega Falinks) - enabling it to hit harder after boosting with No Retreat, and then being able to tank a few hits again when it gets hit with a super-effective move. Granted, base and Mega Falinks are not really built to tank hits that well, but every once in a while it can certainly come in clutch and save you from death, at the cost of some firepower. Simple, isn't it?

While this in tandem with a boost from No Retreat sounds super dangerous (and it probably is to whatever's in front of it), keep in mind for Mega Falinks to really turn into something that's gonna churn out lethal like nothing, it's gotta get those boosts first. While it doesn't necessarily have bad stats before boosting, it won't typically be investing in bulk, so actually setting up may be pretty hard versus stronger threats. Defensive formation Mega Falinks is also pretty slow even with maximum investment in speed, adding another issue on top of the fact that Mega Falinks has to actually get that boost to turn into a threat. Perhaps the biggest flaw of this pokemon is its ability - Tactical Formation. It may allow Mega Falinks to go from decently tanky to straight up one-turn kill machine, but for it to do so, it has to use No Retreat, a move that can by technicality only be used once. And because of this, you only really have one shot at it being successful. This is because of the other quirk of this ability - if you get hit by a super effective move, you revert back to Defense formation for (basically) the rest of the entire game.

Overall, Mega Falinks is a high-risk, high-reward pokemon that requires intense planning and thought to truly find success with, but the success you find with it is a product that is beyond amazing.

Last edited:
:ss/falinks:
Mega Falinks

Fighting/Rock
stats
hp- 65
atk- 100
def- 100(+40)>140
spa- 70
spd- 60(+45)>105
spe- 75(+15)>90

ability: Fighting Spirit- getting hit by a super effective move boosts attack by 1 stage

new moves- play rough, stone edge, body press, attack order, defend order, heal order, maybe kings shield

My idea for this was to give Mega Falinks a type with a lot of weaknesses to give it more chances for its ability to activate, and enough defense to live more super effective attacks (ex. after a no retreat boost it can survive a banded grassy glide from rilla then ohko it back). making it rock type might be a stretch but it's found in an area with mostly rock and fighting types and i like to think that it's armor is "rock hard" but not "hard as steel" in its mega

:ss/dugtrio:
Mega Dugtrio

Ground
stats
hp- 35
atk- 100(+20)>120
def- 50(+40)>90
spa- 50
spd- 70(+20)>90
spe- 120(+20)>140

ability: Triple Threat- at the end of each turn dugtrio gets a 1.5x boost to either attack and spatk, defense and spdef, or speed. each boost only lasts until the end of its next turn

So with this ability Mega Dugtrio is gonna be faster than max investment Regieleki 1/3 of the time which is pretty funny in my opinion. The 1.5x boost to it's defenses might make up for it only having 35 hp just a little bit but it still doesn't want to take a lot of hits

:ss/wishiwashi::ss/wishiwashi-school:
Mega Wishiwashi

Solo Form
Water
stats
hp- 45
atk- 20(+50)>70
def- 20(-15)>5
spa- 25(-20)>5
spd- 25(-20)>5
spe- 45(+105)>150

ability: Speed Force- if the user is faster than the target its attacks do double damage

School Form
Water
stats
hp- 45
atk- 140(+15)>155
def- 130(+25)>155
spa- 140(+15)>155
spd- 135(+20)>155
spe- 30(+25)>55

ability: Schooling

I wanted to make Mega Solo Wishiwashi be able to do something, but since it's ability isn't schooling you want to keep it above 1/4 hp if you want it to keep its big boy stats because it ain't going back

Last edited:
I present to you... an unusual trapper
:Dugtrio:
Mega Dugtrio

New Ability
: Dry Skin

Type
: Ground | Dark

New stats
:
HP: 35
Attack: 100 -> 150 (+50)
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 70 -> 100 (+30)
Speed: 120 -> 140 (+20)
BST: 425 -> 525 (+100)

New moves:
Pain Split, Taunt, Refresh

Description:
Since Dugtrio is used to life much below the Earth's surface, it doesn't like sunlight very much. To avoid getting its body heated (after all, it has paper thin skin!), it will only appear when the sun goes down. Hence its ability Dry Skin and the secondary Dark type.

Competitively, the combination of Dry Skin and the dual type makes it so that Mega Dugtrio is able to scare many popular Water Pokémon, such as Slowbro, Slowking, Toxapex, Battle Bond Greninja, Mega Starmie or Mega Araquanid (which usually runs only offensive water moves). After all, thanks to Dry Skin, it is unaffected by Water moves. And having a secondary Dark type means it is unaffected by Psychic moves like Future Sight and doesn't take much damage from special Dark moves.

So, this turns a Ground type Pokémon like Mega Dugtrio into a Pokémon that prefers trapping special Water Pokémon; it naturally learns Pursuit, after all, (which has now STAB)! The additional moves make sure it can prevent certain status moves from working, like Teleport or Toxic. Refresh guarantees, it won't suffer status problems from Toxic. And Pain Split allows Dugtrio to fulfill its job more reliably. It also synergizes well with its low HP.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader

/

Ability: Stance Change (The ability is modified to also allow Mega Falinks to swap between two forms: Mega Falinks (Legion; its base form) and Mega Falinks (Combat). When using an offensive move, Mega Falinks will transform into Mega Falinks (Combat). If Mega Falinks uses King's Shield, it will retreat back into its base form.)

Mega Falinks (Legion)

Atk: 65 (-35)
Def: 130 (+30)
SpA: 65 (-5)
SpD: 130 (+70)
Spe: 115 (+40)

Mega Falinks (Combat)

Atk: 160 (+60)
Def: 70 (-30)
SpA: 160 (+90)
SpD: 70 (+10)
Spe: 45 (-30)

New Moves: King's Shield, Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere, Flame Burst, Thunder

Reasoning
:

I'm going to be entirely honest, Stance Change is super cool, and is the closest we'll get to a "formation" in the series; so, why not play to that? Falinks is utterly begging for this kind of flavor, after all.

The main thing I found kind of lame about Stance Change is how, in recent times, it's usually better to just use your base shield simply for set up and switching in, and then staying in your offensive form until you switch out. So, I wanted to create an actual incentive to go into your defensive form: speed, and a lot of it. Basically, with this incentive, Falinks's offensive prowess can reasonably be obscenely high, especially as it encourages the user to carefully position their Falinks and actually strategize when and how to use its moves, like how warfare actually calls for in real life. The added Steel-type is not only for flavor, but to make its Legion form have some bulky merits to it, too, and not just to be the "time to get our speed back" form.

However, obviously, No Retreat is an incredibly important variable to consider, and is one I made care to attend to here. At +1, Combat Falinks only hits 310 speed with a positive nature, only outspeeding max speed Landorus-T at absolute best. This essentially means that, in order to make use of Falinks's speed and power alongside No Retreat, you are limited to two moves, which is really bad given Falinks in its base form is already picking and choosing between its coverage.

For the sake of giving an incentive to go special, I opted to give it both Flame Burst and Thunder as potential options, flavorfully accented with "thunderous marching" and cannonades utilized in real life warfare. While it seems obvious that you can go for Fighting + Fire + Electric coverage with No Retreat and cover every base; sure, but have fun being revenge killed with no sweat, and having no way to escape it due to No Retreat forcing you to stay in.

All in all, this design of Falinks pretty much optimizes the strategic "positioning" that Stance Change on Aegislash was so close to getting down, basically letting it perform with incredible power, but only if your strategic mind can make it work to its fullest like in actual combat.

:ss/dugtrio:

/

Ability: Scatter (Upon switch-in, the user will gain the "Scatter" volatile.)

"Mega Dugtrio spread itself around the battlefield!"

The user's damage output is 33%.
When taking damage, if the opponent is grounded, the user will use the move in the 1st moveslot.
When a Pokemon switches in and is grounded, the user will use move in the 2nd moveslot.
When dealing damage, if the opponent is grounded, the user will use the move in the 3rd moveslot.

Atk: 120 (+20)
Def: 75 (+25)
SpA: 55 (+5)
SpD: 90 (+20)
Spe: 150 (+30)

New Moves: Foul Play, Knock Off, Spikes

Reasoning
:

From the moment I was brainstorming this Dugtrio idea, I knew I wanted to have each head play an independent role in battle, and in execution, create what's a "combo" Pokemon, for the lack of a better term.

What I ended up with was an insanely fun concept that lets the Dugtrio user effectively chain moves together, and it essentially works through letting different moves be used independently under different conditions, letting the Dugtrio user have complete and full control over what move is used when, at the severe cost of power for each move used.

There are a few ways this can work:

1: Utility spam with Stealth Rock, Spikes, or Knock Off
2: Use of Endure, Reversal, and/or coverage options to combo offensive moves of varying types against the opponent
3: Use of Sucker Punch to get conditional priority attacks
4: Any combination of these together!

Essentially, you have what's a customizable harasser and utility demon, with the added Dark-type to take advantage of the Dark-type's fascinating utility toolkit. Obviously, the initially scary thing is that attack stat, speed, and ability to chain attacks so effortlessly, but the permanent 66% damage penalty and conditional "if the opponent is grounded" problem really comes to play here, as we're talking about moles bound in the earth, pretty much. This means that despite it seeming really scary at a glance, it has a lot of very easy counterplay, and could actually be underpowered, if anything. For reference, a solo Earthquake barely KOs offensive Heatran with this current Attack stat.

:ss/wishiwashi-school:

Ability: Cannonade (Moves hit an extra amount of times depending on how many stat boosts the user has; however, moves are weakened by 1/3 permanently. Hits at a maximum of 5 times.

Atk: 170 (+30)
Def: 150 (+20)
SpA: 170 (+30)
SpD: 155 (+25)
Spe: 25 (-5)

:ss/wishiwashi:

Ability: Reunify (At the end of the first active turn, the user permanently transforms into Wishiwashi-School-Mega, fully heals, and gains an omniboost.

Atk: 20
Def: 20
SpA: 25
SpD: 25
Spe: 140 (+100)

New Moves: Agility, Work Up

Reasoning
:

Let me rip the bandage off: this looks broken, right? Well, don't worry, I wouldn't submit something like this without having paid careful attention to the "how".

Something about these two forms operating as independently functioning Mega Evolutions really rubs me the wrong way. For one, your solo Wishiwashi would have to be at >25% health to Mega Evolve, pretty much making your schooled Wishiwashi the superior choice 99/100 times. So, why not have them work codependently?

Cannonade is a sort of analog to my Mega Magcargo's ability, where the amount of stat boosts play a key role in the function of the Mega in question. I naturally wanted to accent the idea that Wishiwashi-School is a gigantic mass of solo Wishiwashis together, so I had it pretty much take the multihit route, more or less. Of course, for this reason, I had to give it some stat boosting moves, so I chose Agility and Work Up because these two moves can actually be relevant boosting options for it, without overtly breaking it. Work Up encourages the user to explore Wishiwashi's mixed movepool and vary up sets, whereas Agility can let Wishiwashi actually sweep without giving any power boosts (stat wise, I mean). Obviously, this thing alone is a threat, though I would argue it's actually kind of boring in concept. Luckily, this is where the little guy comes in.

If you are careful managing your Wishiwashi's HP/use Endure to get low, mega evolving your solo Wishiwashi and managing to survive to the next turn gives your Mega form an omniboost. Yeah, and that's probably the scariest part; however, I made very sure to balance this with both the opportunity cost and the speed in question. +3 Mega Wishiwashi-School outspeeds base 135s, and +1 outspeeds base 61s. In tandem with Cannonade, this can spell doom for you; however, if your opponent actually manages to get to this point, they probably deserve it, as they're left likely running Protect to get that full turn in their solo form off, meaning the Wishiwashi user would only have 2 offensive moves to work with, despite being incredibly powerful. Likewise, a set running Protect + 3 attacks or Agility + 3 attacks could also work if you're confident in your HP management skills! Another idea is using the insanely huge speed boost in tandem with U-turn and another pivoting teammate in order to safely pivot into Wishiwashi and provide it with that full turn it needs to go "monster mode".

The really cool thing is that this Wishiwashi can make both forms viably work without forcing you to force all your eggs into one basket, and it requires smart play to really work to its fullest effect, which I feel is more than enough of a balancer in of itself (alongside the fact its carefully balanced speed and opportunity costs are things as well).

Last edited:
Wishiwashi School Form has 620, yes 620 total base stat total, How is this Pokemon not OU or Ubers? Speed, that's it.

Mega Wishiwashi
Type : Water/Ghost
New Ability : Death Toll (When below 1/4 HP, most fish die and Wishiwashi gets a speed boost and get ghost type moves x1.3 more power.

Stats - School Form

HP: 45
ATTACK : 140 ---> 150 (+10)
DEFENSE: 130 ---> 160 (+30)
SP.ATTACK 140 ---> 150 (+10)
SP.DEFENSE 135 ---> 165 (+30)
SPEED 30 ---> 50 (+20)

Stats - Death Toll Form

ATTACK : 140 ---> 150 ---> 120 (-30)
DEFENSE: 130 ---> 160 ---> 70 (-90)
SP.ATTACK 140 ---> 150 ---> 125 (-25)
SP.DEFENSE 135 ---> 165 ---> 70 (-95)
SPEED 30 ---> 50 ---> 80 (+30)

New Moves : Poltergeist and Dragon Dance

Description : When Wishiwashi falls below 1/4, which shouldnt be too hard due to its bulk, that speed boost really helps it out, and with good great attack it could be a dangerous Pokemon, with the great boosting move Dragon Dance.

Sample Set : Aqua Tail (STAB), Poltergeist (STAB), Dragon Dance (Great setup), Earthquake (Good Coverage)

Tell me if this is too broken, as I can make some changes.

:ss/drampa::ss/combee:

Congrats to DrPumpkinz (even if I do legitimately loathe Aurora Veil) and Magmajudis (twice over) for winning the last slate.

As for this slate, I'll see if I can come up with Wishwashi idea for this sometime "later". Provided I don't just skip that mon completely, I'll put it a separate post despite wanting to personally avoid that. For now, here are the other two.

:dugtrio: Dugtrio-Mega @ Dugtrionite
Type:
/

New Ability: Eldritch Presence - "On switch-in (or Mega-Evolution), the field becomes Psychic Terrain. This terrain remains in effect until this Ability is no longer active for any Pokémon."

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 100 => 133 (+33)
Def: 50 => 63 (+13)
SpA: 50 => 63 (+13)
SpD: 70 => 80 (+10)
Spe: 120 => 151 (+31)
(BST: 425 => 525)

Movepool Additions: Expanding Force, Psychic Fangs, Psychic Terrain, Psycho Cut, Teleport
Why in the gods' names does Psychic Fangs have more BP than Zen Headbutt and more accuracy at 100% in addition to a 100% guaranteed and arguably better side-effect? Like...what? It also makes Psycho Cut somewhat redundant unlike the intentional redundancy with Psychic Terrain since all Surge mons still learn their respective terrain. Please Game Freak, must you do this to us?

Description: "Dugtrio's latent psychic abilities have been unleashed due to merging its consciousnesses into a seemingly singular head. Its true body still remains utterly unknowable and even thinking about it causes terrible dread."

This probably looks insane, which is rather appropriate given it ends up taking a lot from the Cosmic Horror genre. It's also rather funny that I end up posting this right after two Dugtrio-Mega ideas that decided to go Dark.

Flavor: For some reason, whereas almost everyone else has been focusing on the triplicate aspect of Dugtrio, which has been fun to see and is something I did at least give a nod to with my stats, my mind quickly got tripped up by the apparent changes in the Pokédex over the years. As someone having been used to Dugtrio just being three separate Digletts cooperating, it was rather weird to see Dugtrio is treated more as a hive mind mon now, with all the implications of having a singular body that we will almost certainly still never see.

As such, my mind just wouldn't let it go and that rapidly (Mega) evolved into "Huh. Given the subtle horrors of what happened with Hydreigon's final evolution and one of its consciousnesses, could the same thing happen to Dugtrio? After all, almost all of the official Mega forms are detrimental to the mons they force to Mega Evolve and Game Freak does surprisingly dark stuff all the time." Granted, this doesn't have to be "that" dark and can even be on the "sillier" side of Cosmic Horror things. I figure the best comparison for my Dugtrio-Mega idea is to the killer refrigerator from the first Silent Hill: silly seeming and something you never quite see enough of to get an idea of what it actually is but still quite capable of destroying you despite that.

Much like Dugtrio's actual body, I have no idea what this would actually look like, if you could even see it at all instead of it just being like a weird, eerily glowing silhouette abruptly interrupting the ground or something else that has shades of "The Color Out of Space". That or two of the "heads" would look somewhat..."off" in part as a nod to both Hydreigon and the other mon previously most known for trapping Gothitelle Wobbuffet.

Mechanically: So this is basically the above idea combined with the fact that all the other abusers of Psychic Terrain a) are decidedly specially oriented and b) already have enough support, especially given how stupidly strong Expanding Force is. Additionally, even the relatively few physically oriented Psychic mons tend to also be Fighting type, which means they largely end up just (ab)using their Fighting STAB far more. That or they're Uber or, in the case of Mewtwo-Mega-X, both.

Psychic Terrain always being present for Dugtrio-Mega means that it simultaneously is forced to use its Psychic attacks as its stronger physical STAB (or FAR strong special STAB if you're truly insane) while also being protected from revenge priority attacks to its truly pathetic 35 base HP. That's especially important when it now has six weaknesses, including a weakness to Pursuit. It's at least not weak to Sucker Punch too, though it can't use its own Sucker Punch anymore against things on the ground.

Its new moves were all chosen with flavor in mind more than mechanics admittedly, especially since it was initially going to get plain Psychic and Zen Headbutt before I realized Expanding Force and Psychic Fangs were more on point. They do at least all have some actual use outside of Psychic Terrain though. Psychic Fangs just happens to be 100% accurate (for some reason) and Dugtrio-Mega can't really afford to miss with that aforementioned horrible HP. Otherwise I would have stuck with Zen Headbutt, especially since that meant Psycho Cut would have been used for something other than fishing for crits; still, it seems the lesser evil than also allowing Dugtrio-Mega to potentially flinch things to death since almost everything else is slower.

The most interesting addition is arguably Teleport. Teleport is something that Dugtrio-Mega thankfully can't abuse nearly as hard as the more bulky mons like Blissey and Slowking, but it also keeps momentum against the amount of things that Dugtrio-Mega would force out otherwise with its actually good coverage even if you have to make a hard read with Teleport--as you should. (That Teleport also is a nod to the odd way it just appears on the field when released from a Pokéball even as Diglett and regular Dugtrio was the main flavor reason it got it.)

Beyond being an extremely fast Psychic physical attacker with built-in revenge killing defense versus priority attacks, I won't pretend that this version of Dugtrio-Mega is all that special. It's honestly more "weird" than "special", but it's at least out of my head now, meaning I can (pretend to) concentrate on other things. Have to pass on the curse after all. SEVEN DAYS.

(Also, yes, the main reason for breaking the theme of threes in the non-HP stats with SpD and Speed and having 151 Speed is mainly to spite Alakazam, including its Mega. Choke on your Psychic Terrain and die, old man.)

:falinks: Falinks-Mega @ Falinksite
Type:
/

New Ability: Early Bird

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 100 => 106 (+06)
Def: 100 => 120 (+20)
SpA: 70 => 96 (+26)
SpD: 60 => 105 (+45)
Spe: 75 => 78 (+03)
(BST: 470 => 570)

Movepool Additions: Aura Sphere, Calm Mind, Flash Cannon, Low Sweep, Steel Beam

Description: "Mega Evolution not only increases the strength and size of Falinks's armor but also its stubbornness and refusal to retreat."

Given how much we have to worry about the hitherto unusable No Retreat move, I was originally going to just be simple and let it keep Battle Armor. I then eventually remembered how horrible it was to fight against Slowbro-Mega at times, especially since that could actually be Poisoned, even though that had way more Defense. I similarly didn't want to just make this have 100 stats across the board, despite being sorely tempted to do just that, due to how obnoxious the Z-Celebrate sets of last Gen were even if Falinks(-Mega) doesn't have access to (STAB) Stored Power or any overpowered move or coverage--the new Steel Beam that kills you aside.

Flavor: To that end, I figured I could at least force it to still be slow so as to be more than fair, especially I'm slapping the Steel typing on it by actually slapping more steel on it and if I'm trying to force a theme of "divisible by 6 or at least 3" in the stats. Too bad HP and Atk weren't cooperating on that front. [Insert picture of someone shaking their fist here.]

Similarly, I figured Early Bird fit while still being fairer than Battle Armor and that Early Bird, much like Falinks itself, could use some love given how utterly ignored it is. Military people do have to wake up stupidly early after all.

Speaking of military stuff, I imagine it would have spear-like protrusions independent of the spikes on its shields, like a "proper" phalanx would, but I am rather bad at describing things so I'll stop there. That's part of the reason I gave Low Sweep to Team Roly Poly though, especially since they're already so low to the ground as it is.

Mechanically: Early Bird also paradoxically seemed fairer than giving it Drain Punch despite the fact this means that Falinks-Mega ends up with one-turn Rests due to it. After all its slow Speed, which still doesn't outpace anything with 143 Speed or higher even after No Retreat, means it's still subject to Taunt as well as other things that prevent it from Resting to recovery, like Electric Terrain or Heal Block, in addition to just outright damage. It also has to worry about any Scarf mon with higher Speed than 78, which is basically all of them, in addition to intentionally uncomfortably tying with Diggersby, which murders it with Ground STAB or Fire Punch. Rest also won't negate its defense drops if it elects to use Close Combat (or Superpower) as its physical Fighting STAB.

One-turn Rest is still quite good though in theory and may still end up obnoxious in actual practice if this wins, but it is at least a surefire way to actually encourage to use No Retreat without having to make it either stupidly strong to just mow everything over as a cleaner or almost unable to die to like Slowbro-Mega. Having Early Bird also makes it vulnerable to crits unlike base form Falinks, not that we have to worry about obviating that poor mon, while also making it one of the best checks to the mons that use Sleep-inducing moves, whether Amoonguss, Ninetales-Alola, or something else. Steel typing is a hell of a drug defense.

Other potential worries are Steel Beam, which is mostly there just because basically all Steel mons get it and which is the main reason its SpA remains below 100 too, and to a lesser extent Calm Mind, which is basically only a problem if both Rest and Steel Beams are problems. In that sense, I'd rather it lose Steel Beam before it lost Calm Mind if this ended up being overpowered due to that. Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon should be completely fair though, especially since I was surprised to see that Falinks actually already had Focus Blast despite being clearly oriented towards the physical.

Last edited:
1614069812542.png

Mega Wishiwashi
Fickle - At the start of each turn, if an opposing Pokemon has a supereffective move, change to Solo form. If at any point there are no longer any pokemon with super-effective moves, change back to School Form.
New Moves: Baby Doll Eyes, Fake Tears, Glare, After You, Crunch
Solo Form: 45/72(+52)/6(-13)/10(-15)/6(-17)/133(+93)
School Form: 45/165 (+25)/155(+25)/165(+25)/160(+25)/30
The ability can make Wishiwashi hard to pin down, as when it is in a bad matchup it can change to Solo Form to quickly pivot out with flip turn, kind of mimicking how fish form schools to make it harder for predators to pin individual fish down, as it is hard for them to tell where one fish ends and another begins. The new moves are there mainly to allow Wishiwashi Solo Form to use its speed to support its partner with moves like fake tears and after you, but it should have gotten those moves anyway flavourwise. School Form's stats look dangerous, and they very well might be but it will need to invest in speed rather than bulk to allow it to use its ability properly.

Mega Falinks
Battle Charge - If this Pokemon switches in against a Pokemon with more health (percent based), it's speed raises by one stage.
New Moves: Body Press
65/125(+25)/135(+35)/90(+20)/90(+30)/65(-10)
Battle Charge does not synergise very well with No Retreat, on purpose. Battle Charge encourages switching Falinks in and out to take chip damage so it can activate the ability, but for No Retreat you want to stay healthy so you can late game clean-up / sweep. This should hopefully give Falinks a variety of different sets and playstyles, and allow for it's trainer to adapt and decide how he wants to use it. Also can punish entry hazards early game.

Last edited:
RAGE, MY SOLDIERS!!!!

I'll be honest it was tough finding the motivation to even put these subs together after a long period of inactivity but I eventually got there, and now I'm ready to post.

falink.png
Mega Falinks

falonk.gif

Ability: Battle Armor/Defiant --> Shields Down
Stats
:

Phalanx:
Type:
1614081742795.png
/
1614081748933.png

Attack: 100 -> 100
Def: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Sp.Atk: 70 -> 70 (+0)
SpDef: 60 -> 120 (+60)
Speed: 75 -> 75 (+0)

Combat:
Type:
1614081757185.png

Attack: 100 -> 115 (+15)
Def: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Sp.Atk: 70 -> 95 (+25)
SpDef: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Speed: 75 -> 115 (+40)

New Moves: Wild Charge, Spiky Shield, Icicle Spear, Heal Order, Toxic

Description: wElCoMe bAcK. Okay, so If I remember correctly Phalanx is a battle formation that involves troops moving forward with their shields and spears put up, or at least that's one method of it being used and Falinks literally walks with its shields facing out. It's shields are presumably made of metal hence the steel typing but it can also drop its shields later in battle for a full on assault. Falinks with shields down allows it to have a chance to set up No Retreat or any other setup move like bulk up or swords dance before engaging in combat. Falinks can either remain defensive with the steel type, and gain stab on Iron Head, or become pure fighting losing its defenses but becoming faster and stronger. Wild Charge is a good check for flying types and falinks has basically no coverage options. Spiky shield allows it to scout out for attacks, so maybe if you don't want to No-Retreat just yet this could be a good way to protect yourself, but you lose the option of running 3 attacks. Icicle Spear makes sense flavor wise and can deal with Landorus if it wants, or hit Grass types like Rillaboom super effectively, though you may want to run Megahorn instead. Heal Order would allow falinks to get back into its Phalanx formation, and allowing you to take another hit. Since It's phalanx form doesn't boost its attack I thought it'd be worth having since you can make strategic plays with it. As I mentioned earlier falinks just returns to its phalanx form, so it regains the steel typing. This could be helpful or detrimental depending on the situation as you may be caught off-guard by an earthquake from Landorus or a fire move from any other pokemon. Basically using Heal Order correctly can be rewarding depending on how you plan on using falinks. You could play a defensive role and aim to remain fighting/steel while using moves such as Spiky Shield/Toxic/Heal Order/Iron Head or any other fighting move. So yeah, I just thought it'd be cool to have a Shields Down pokemon that isn't minior since its not used a lot and seeing abilities like Shields Down or Stance Change used more would be awesome.

duguno.png
Mega Dugtrio

dugtrio.png

Type:
1614081691409.png

Ability: Sand Veil/Sand Force/Arena Trap --> Skulk (When using a concealing move such as dig, the user will hide and then switch out for 2 turns, and then switch back in at the end of turn 2, using the attack at 1.2x the power. Calculates damage when it is selected)
Stats:
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 50 -> 75 (+25)
SpAtk: 50 -> 80 (+30)
SpDef: 70 -> 75(+5)
Speed: 120 -> 140 (+20)

New Moves: Encore, Disable, Extreme Speed, Nasty Plot, Burning Jealousy

Description: Here's a neat idea, Dig but its U-Turn + Future Sight. So Dugtrio is just a mole that always conceals its lower half, and I assume it can remain hidden for a decent amount of time. With skulk you can pivot away from the opponent and attack them two turns later while bringing in another pokemon to setup for dugtrio. Such as status conditions or entry hazards. You could even bring in a pokemon that knows wish to get dugtrio back to full hp. Now this is quite interesting actually because you can still stack this with Future Sight or Doom Desire to get double damage off in a few turns. Dig now has boosted strength as you can set up hone claws, switch out, and use dig with boosted damage. The only downside being that you lose your stat boosts later anyway. Using a move like Teleport or U-Turn on the turn dugtrio is about to switch in could have a reward maybe? Let's say you send in Rillaboom and the opponent brings out heatran. Then let's say rillaboom pivots and you send out your heatran to take an incoming fire move, you absorb the hit, then dugtrio comes in and does the rest. For its stats I wanted dugtrio to get a bit bulkier even though it probably can't use it. Nasty Plot is still decent since it has an okay special attacking stat, along with a few coverage moves like Hidden Power, Sludge Wave, Burning Jealousy, and maybe tri-attack. Extreme speed works well for priority and makes dugtrio a threat under flygon's Desert Gale, also remember dugtrio has Sand Force, which makes it even better. Dugtrio is also known to move pretty fast underground. Remember the episode diglett debuted? None of the trainers pokemon wanted to fight them because they felt what the diglett were doing was not wrong, essentially disabling the opponents pokemon. And that's where disable comes from! Maybe it doesn't make too much sense but I think its perfect, also encore is nice to mess around with the opponent even further. So yeah, that's mega dugtrio, its just a fast pokemon that pivots away with the move nobody uses and who knows, maybe double future moves can be meta. Idek lol

Last edited:
Mega Falinks
Typing : Fighting/Bug
New Ability : Anchor Infestation, If Falinks gets trapped, the opposing pokemon also gets trapped and steel moves become STAB and does 8% damage each turn (like Infestation).

Stats

ATTACK: 100 ---> 130 (+30)
DEFENSE: 100 ---> 115 (+25)
SP.ATTACK: 70 ---> 75 (+5)
SP.DEFENSE: 60 ---> 90 (+30)
SPEED: 75 ---> 85 (+10)

New Moves : Attack Order, Horn Leech, Steel Roller, Anchor Shot.

Description : Ok, so I tried to balance Mega-Falinks cuz of No Retreat, and I'd say I did a pretty good job, Its new bug stab is great and I like the ability I gave it. Hits hard and has decent bulk with great coverage.
Sample Set : No Retreat (Great Setup and activates your ability), Close Combat (STAB), Megahorn/Attack Order (Accuracy/Power STAB), Iron Head (STAB with ability)

Tell me if this is too broken, as I can make some changes.

:ss/drampa: :ss/combee: :ss/florges:

1614096996609.png

Dugtrio-Mega
Ground

Arena Trap/Sand Force/Sand Veil-> Pop Up (User's Ground attacks have 1.3x power and apply the Telekinesis effect to all targets).
Stats
Atk: 100-> 130 (+30)
Def: 50-> 80 (+30)
SpA: 50
SpD: 70-> 100 (+30)
Spe: 120-> 130 (+10)
New Moves: None!
Weight: +999 kg

Description:
Inspired by PalpitoadChamp's rather inventive idea for Noivern-Mega, Mega energy boosts the power of Dugtrio's Ground attacks (albeit only by 1.3x since Dug already gets STAB), hitting from underneath the target with such force that they are actually launched into the air, the ground being pushed upwards much like Dugtrio's heads by some unidentified force. For those who don't know, Telekinesis makes the target float for 3 turns, but no attacks can miss against it, so while Dug has to wait to use another Ground attack, it can either follow up with a guaranteed hit on Stone Edge or switch out to a teammate with a high- powered moved that normally suffers due to accuracy. Since Dug's normal deal is "come in, spam EQ", I thought this role would be an interesting change of pace, as well as continuing the mystery of what exactly the rest of Trio looks like.

"Experienced trainers are wary of Mega Dugtrio, particularly of the mysterious noises, emanating from underground, that often accompany it in battle".
1614097019994.png
/
1614097032974.png

Wishiwashi-Mega
Water
School (Frenzy Form)

Schooling-> Feeding Frenzy [Frenzy] (If a statused opponent tries to switch out against the user, they lose 12.5% max HP before switching out. If this ability fails to activate for 4 turns while user is on the field, changes to Starving form).
Stats
Atk: 140-> 170 (+30)
Def: 130-> 160 (+30)
SpA: 140-> 150 (+10)
SpD: 135-> 165 (+30)
Spe: 30
Solo (Starving Form)
Schooling-> Feeding Frenzy [Starving] (If the target is statused, user's attacks do 2x damage. After this ability activates, changes to Frenzy form).
Stats
Atk: 20-> 10 (-10)
Def: 20-> 10 (-10)
SpA: 25-> 75 (+50)
SpD: 25
Spe: 40-> 110 (+70)
New Moves: +Earth Power, Pain Split

Description: In real life, many predatory fishes will become frenzied should they come upon an injured prey (such as one that is statused), and are further excited by flailing (or in this case, escaping). Since it felt wrong to completely abandon the form-change mechanic, the frenzy theme provided an easy alternative- if the frenzy is on the field for 4 turns (resets on switching out, obviously) and the ability doesn't activate, it will be unable to sustain itself and revert to a weaker form, but the frenzy will return if the remaining fish should discover a statused target. Gameplay wise, Wishiwashi benefits from teammates who are naturally good at spreading status, although it does have some options of its own like Scald and Toxic. Washi's purpose is to gradually chip away at bulkier threats throughout the match, allowing itself or its team to tear through them more easily late-game. Of course, staying in means taking Frenzy's attacks directly; even in Starving form, Washi can still force switches since letting it activate its ability means the opponent must deal with Frenzy form again. Of course, Wishiwashi is no slouch offensively with its gargantuan attacking stats (with Earth Power as a small boon to special sets), nor defensively with its overall solid bulk and newfound Pain Split to give it some recovery since the nature of its ability encourages switching and thus carries the caveat of hazard chip. Washi can go physical or special, with special being more consistent since it allows Starving to actually do some damage with the ability-boost, while physical is riskier but hits harder if you can maintain Frenzy form.

1614097046421.png

Falinks-Mega
Fighting-> Fighting/Steel
Battle Armor/Defiant-> No Surrender (User's attacks do 10% more damage for each ally that has been KOed).
Stats
Atk: 100-> 120 (+20)
Def: 100-> 120 (+20)
SpA: 70-> 85 (+15)
SpD: 60-> 85 (+25)
Spe: 75-> 95 (+20)
New Moves: +Spiky Shield

Description:
Mega Falinks holds a fierce camaraderie with its allies, and will attack with extra ferocity should anything happen to them, also gaining the Steel type to complement its armor and iron will. The ability to boost its attacks to up to 1.5x their usual power can make Falinks a devastating late-game sweeper after No Retreat or SD, strong enough to make a noticeable difference but not so powerful that you can just carelessly throw away your other mons (Falinks also wouldn't like that very much). No Surrender is meant to improve Falinks' intended role as a late-game wincon, so one should pair it with mons that can effectively chip away at the enemy. Falinks benefits from allies who can hit fast and hard against its natural checks; the nature of No Surrender makes Falinks a great fit on HO teams in particular. Of course, Falinks can theoretically start putting in work after just one or two allies have fainted thanks to SD, so you're not completely pigeon-holed to late-game. Spiky Shield is mainly for flavor, as many phalanx formations would often stick spears or other sharp objects out from between their shields.

Last edited:

New Ability: Speedy Mole (This Pokémon's Dig has a BP of 60, hits at the end of the turn, and cannot be used twice in a row).
Type:

New stats: 35/140/85/50/95/120
New moves:
Smack Down
Flavor Description: The debris from its emergence is known to knock down flying foes. It is left in an unguarded state after it uses Dig.
Competitive Description: Dig discourages the use of Roost because of its end-of-turn hitting effect. You can also use Dig to avoid an enemy attack and then attack at the end of the turn, then follow up with an EQ/Stone Edge the next turn. Drawback is you need another move for Ground STAB after using Dig. Smack Down is for a better matchup vs. Celesteela, Corviknight(-Mega), Skarmory, and Rotom-W.
Dugtrio @ Dugtrionite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dig
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Smack Down
- Hone Claws / Smack Down

Last edited:
:falinks: Mega Falinks
New Ability: Vengeful: If hit by a super effective hit this pokemon will gain +1 to it's highest offensive stat.
Type: Fighting/Ghost

Stats:
Attack: 100-->120 (+20)
Defense: 100 (No change)
Special Attack: 70-->120 (+50)
Special Defense: 60-->90(+30)
Speed: 75 (No change)

Possible new moves: Spiky Sheild, Curse, Hex, Grudge, Shadow Ball

Description: This mega is made to fit many types of styles effectively, however the idea is still in progress and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ideas during creation(inspirations): I was inspired by how much death is caused by war, falinks are 6 creatures who work together in battle, yet for this, only 1 segment of the falinks returned, it joins forces with 5 others who met the same fate, this falinks is determined to win no matter the cost, mega evolution makes it's hatred towards it's foes grow to such a level that allows it's deceased allies to return as ghostly helpers. (Sorry for the long read.)

Edit: At Hematite's suggestion I removed Teleport and Poltergeist (I decided to remove sucker punch, and fake out), and finally I nerfed the ability so super effective hits don't have reduced damage, thanks for the help Hematite.

Last edited:

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Ability: Mind of Many
Ability Description: This Pokémon's Special Moves are turned into 25 Power and repeated 4 times. (Like a skill link variant, but different)
Types: Fighting /
Fairy
Stats: 65/120 (+20)/120 (+20)/120 (+50)/ 70 (+10)/ 75
Moves: Moonblast, Teleport, Toxic, Thunderbolt, Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam
Description:
I just saw the special movepool of Falinks and i thought would be nice to add some special moves to it, to put more moves than the 4 it already has. Basicall, my idea is to make a special mega evolution for Falinks, and my concept here is that all the Falinks warriors can unite their minds to a strong special power. Hope you enjoy and hope it isn't broken lol. :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
:ss/Dugtrio:
Mega Dugtrio:
Stone:Dugtrite
Type:Ground
Ability:UndergroundUndercut
-Boost the power of user moves by 1.5 if it is user first turn on the field
Stats:35/115(+15)/80(+30)/60(+10)/100(+30)/135(+15)
New moves: U-turn(if not already), fake out, zen headbutt, iron head
I've made dugtrio as an revenge killer due to its concept, popping out of the ground and "fake out" the opponent.

Attachments

:Falinks: Mega Falinks
New Ability
: Strike Team (all contact Moves do 1.3 damage but always lowers their defenses like close combat)
Type:
Fighting
New stats:
Attack: 130 (+30)
Defense: 100
Special Attack: 80 (+10)
Special Defense: 90(+30)
Speed:105(+30)
New moves: Play Rough , Wild Charge
Description: Mega Evolution lets falinks leave they´re Shields behind becoming faster but also defensless so it has no way to defends itself after charging in to battle
:Dugtrio:Mega Dugtrio
New Ability
: No escape (if a pokemon tries to switch out dugtrio will use pursuitwith the power of a diglett with the same attack investment stat changes and IVs)
Type: Ground
New stats:
Attack: 125 (+25)
Defense: 80(+30)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 100(+300)
Speed: 135(+15)
New moves: None
Description: upon mega evolving Dugtrio merges with two digletts to get more powerful these digletts chase after every foe thats trying to flee
:Wishiwashi-School: Mega Wishiwashi-School
New Ability
: Psychic Bond ( if Wishiwashi gets below 25%hp it will change into its solo ( not mega solo) form)
Type: Water Psychic
New stats:
Attack: 160(+20)
Defense:120(-10)
Special Attack: 160(+20)
Special Defense: 120(-10)
Speed: 110(+80)
(BST)

New moves: Psychic ,Psychic Fangs ,Calm Mind
Description: the mega evolution creates a psychic bond between the single wishiwashi that make it move at once so its way faster sadly the link breaks if it gets hurt to much
:Wishiwashi: Mega Wishiwashi-Solo
New Ability
: Cry for help (Wishiwashi heals 75% and transforms into a Wishiwashi-school with slowstart for both attacks for three turns)
Type:
Water
New stats:
HP: 40
Attack:40(+20)
Defense: 40(+20)
Special Attack: 45(+20)
Special Defense: 45(+20)
Speed:60(+20)
New moves:
Description: Wishiwashi uses the power of mega evolution to call back the other wishiwashi from its school but because they dont really want to come back its attack stats are halfed for three turns
Note: Mega Wishiwashi-solo loses its ability after it activates

Last edited:
:falinks: Mega Falinks @Falinksite
Ability: Battle Armor/Defiant - Brass's Orders - When this Pokemon uses a Fighting type attacking move, it will hit 6 times, but at 20% power.

Stats:
Attack: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Defense: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Special Attack: 70->80 (+10)
Special Defense: 60 ->90 (+30)
Speed: 75 ->85 (+10)
BST: 470
New Moves: King's Shield, Wild Charge

Pokedex Entry: When Falinks Mega-Evolved, their minds became even more in sync with each other, with the brass becoming able to know the emotions and well being of his comrades. Their loyalty to each other is unbreakable.
Description: I was thinking about how there are 6 Falinks, and looking at its Pokedex entries. " Five of them are troopers, and one is the brass. The brass's orders are absolute. " and "The six of them work together as one Pokémon. Teamwork is also their battle strategy, and they constantly change their formation as they fight." and it always shows that they work together. I took this and made it into a reformation of Parental Bond, but it hit 6 times to represent 6 of them and have a nice power boost too. With Brass's Orders, you can take advantage of a very unused move, Rock Smash. While it is only 40 base power, it has a 50% chance to lower defense. If you use Rock Smash and Brass's Orders, then you have the possibility of getting your opponent to -6 Defense in 1 turn, at the cost of using a low base power move. This ability also renders Close Combat almost unusable, taking the -6 Defense and Special Defense drops into account. If you use Brick Break, with the boost from Brass's Orders and STAB, though, you get a 135 power move that can hurt, especially with +1 attack/lowered defense. I also gave it King's Shield, which could be usable in the meta, but mainly as a move that just seemed right for Falinks, and Wild Charge, which allows Falinks to hit those pesky Flying types. It still has a lower speed stat and low HP with no reliable recovery, though, so it can be worn down easily and can have major problems with abilities like Flame Body and Static.

Mega Dugtrio
Ability: Magnet pull
Hp: 35
Attack: 100
Defense: 95 (+45)
Sp. Attack: 50
Sp. Defense: 95 (+25)
Speed: 150 (+30)
New Moves: slack off, spikes, firepunch

Mega Wishiwashi
Ability: Regenarator
Hp: 45
Attack: 170 (+30)
Defense: 150 (+20)
Sp. Attack: 170 (+30)
Sp. Defense: 150 (+20)
Speed: 20 (-10)
New Moves: Aqua Jet, Bulk Up, Grass Knot

Mega Falinks
Ability: Weak Armor
Type: Fight/Steal
Hp: 65
Attack: 130 (+30)
Defense: 150 (+50)
Sp. Attack: 70
Sp. Defense: 80 (+20)
Speed: 75

Here are some calcs: (I chose 60 Speed Ivs to outspeed every, non zacian or zamazenta steel type)

252+ Atk Mega Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 452-534 (125.2 - 147.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 192 HP / 4 Def Mega Dugtrio: 175-207 (67.5 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mega Dugtrio Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Corviknight: 144-170 (36 - 42.6%) -- 94.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mega Dugtrio Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 180-216 (51.1 - 61.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 192 HP / 4 Def Mega Dugtrio: 254-302 (98 - 116.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 412-492 (106.7 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Dugtrio Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 240-284 (92.6 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Magearna: 198-234 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Mega Dugtrio: 184-217 (71 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mega Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 218-260 (45.9 - 54.8%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Mega Dugtrio- Ground
Ability: Skill Link
Attack: 120 (+20)
Defense: 70 (+20)
Spatk: 60 (+10)
Spdef: 80 (+10)
Speed: 160 (+40)
BST: 525
New moves: Rock Blast, Arm Thrust, Crush Claw, Fury Swipes
Description: Assuming that it gets limbs out of the ground then this is a fun way to incorporate the trio.
Mega Falinks - Fighting
Ability: Showdown
HP: 75
Attack: 95 (-5)
Defense: 120(+20)
Spatk: 70
Spdef: 115 (+55)
Speed: 105 (+30)
BST: 470 > 570
New moves: Head Smash, Sucker Punch
Description: A more defensive Falinks.

Mega Falinks - Fighting/Rock
Ability: Barricade: Upon being trapped, this pokemon takes ½ damage from super effective hits until it is no longer trapped
HP: 75
Attack: 100 > 130 (+30)
Defense: 100 > 140 (+40)
Spatk: 70 > 100 (+30)
Spdef: 60 > 70 (+10)
Speed: 75 > 65 (-10)
BST: 470 > 570
New moves: Head Smash, Stone Edge
Based off the ancient Chinese Terracotta soldiers made to protect the Emperor of China in the afterlife, this mega Falinks aims to stand it's ground against any threats with no fear, taking any attacks they fire at it and retaliating with immense power. Competitively, It's lower speed allows it to be taken out easier before the boost and makes it easier to revenge kill. However, the increased power and survivability makes it well worth the speed drop, and once you get the No Retreat off it can be very hard to take down, what with reduced SE damage and all.

Last edited:
Mega Dugtrio:

Typing: Ground
Ability: 2Fast4You - If Dugtrios speed is higher than that of an opposing Pokemon, it cant be hit by contact moves.

Attack: 145 (+45)
Defense: 75 (+25)
Special Attack: 50(+0)
Special Defense: 90(+20)
Speed: 130 (+10)

New moves: Triple axel

Description:
Dugtrio is based on a Whack-A-Mole machine and if you are too slow you wont be able to hit a mole in a Whack-A-Mole machine and lose the game. This ability has the same principle and your pokemon wont be able to hit Dugtrio with a contact move if its slower.
I also gave Dugtrio Triple axel because Dugtrio is three moles with increasing size and Triple axel is 3 hits with increasing strength and ground/ice is great coverage.

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
... okay, I ended up going in some pretty weird directions to get this concept to work
and
uh
... yeah i'm not sure what other preamble i could even give here i'm just gonna get on with it and let it speak for itself--

:wishiwashi::wishiwashi::wishiwashi-school::wishiwashi::wishiwashi:
Mega Wishiwashi
New Typing: Water (unchanged)

New Ability: Schooling -->
SOS
[Wishiwashi's SOS]
Wishiwashi called for help!

Upon Mega Evolution, Mega Wishiwashi reverts to its base Solo Forme if it isn't already. (Activation message if it's in School Forme when it Mega Evolves: "Wishiwashi's school got startled and fled..." or "Wishiwashi's school swam off to look for more friends!")

Over the course of the battle, Mega Wishiwashi calls for its friends to join its school, gradually gaining strength in numbers. At the end of each active turn (not counting switch-ins, ala Speed Boost), it gains +10 HP, +20 Atk, +25 Def, +20 SpA, and +25 SpD to its base stats, and it loses -11 Spe. These stat changes are persistent upon switching out, and cap out after 5 turns.

New Stats (Base, compared to Solo Forme):
ATK: 20 --> 40 (+20)
DEF
: 20 --> 40 (+20)
SPA
: 25 --> 45 (+20)
SPD
: 25 --> 45 (+20)
SPE
: 40 --> 60 (+20)
BST
: 175 --> 275 (+100)

New Stats (Maximum, compared to School Forme):
HP: 45 --> 95 (+50)
ATK
: 140 (--)
DEF
: 130 --> 165 (+35)
SPA
: 140 --> 145 (+5)
SPD
: 135 --> 170 (+35)
SPE
: 30 --> 5 (-25)
BST
: 620 --> 720 (+100)
(Per turn: +10/+25/+20/+25/+20/-11)
:wishiwashi:InitialTurn 1Turn 2Turn 3Turn 4Turn 5
HP455565758595
Atk406080100120140
Def406590115140165
SpA456585105125145
SpD457095120145170
Spe60493827165

New Moves: Life Dew, Wish

(This submission is actually currently playable in the MfA Submission Sandbox format on Dragon Heaven, where ideally we should be able to figure out what level of recovery is reasonable to give it. It has access to Wish, Life Dew and Recover. I will edit this once we've figured out what to give it more concretely, but until then, assume Wish + Life Dew and no Recover.)
(Another note about the sandbox: Wishiwashi's ability actually behaves slightly differently than described; it activates at the end of every turn, not requiring an active turn like Speed Boost. the final version
definitely will require an active turn.)

Please send me these if you play any with it to test it out, so I can include it here for demonstration!

all replays

Highlights/things to note:
Wishi 4 is Wishiwashi vs Wishiwashi and shows off both of them pretty well! They both support their teams with Wish and tank some crazy hits - I think this is one of the better ones
Wishi 7 and Wishi 8 (myself and Hematite) are both really good ones to see I think! We used pretty different sets, and ours both succeeded at providing constant support and lasted pretty much the whole battle; these also both show effective ways to deal with them, effective ways to support them and address those shortcomings, and how bulky they are. It tries really hard to 1v1 a Zapdos with no special defense investment at the end of 7 and almost succeeds.

Desc: okay, now is the part where i have to justify myself! :'D

obviously the thing that immediately stands out about this is that it ... increases its hp ??? what the hell ink thats not allowed?? and to that i say. you are absolutely correct! pokemon gaining hp via mega evolution is not something we allow, as there is no precedent for it in the series.

however, a pokemon gaining hp from an ability is something that there is precedent for; and not only that, it's a signature effect to a pokemon that is mechanically defined by its nature as a collective of smaller creatures (Zygarde's cells). wishiwashi has that same flavor justification, and also conveniently already has a forme change mechanic that modifies its BST; in my eyes, this is maybe one of the only possible pokemon itd make sense to use this mechanic for.

it was actually Hematite's idea to include hp modification as part of the ability. i reeeeeally wasn't sold on the idea at first, but he made some very convincing points (especially re; the viability of the concept, because it was looking incredibly useless before this). here's his words about the subject, while asking for me in the discord if folks were open to the idea;
So his premise is basically like
his Mega Wishiwashi always starts in Solo Form and then its Ability changes its form to get stronger over time, and its maximum power level is equivalent to a Mega School Form, with a BST of 720
But he's having a hard time making it worthwhile, since School Form already isn't that impressive and this delays getting any good stats for much longer than most other subs (plenty of which don't even push Solo Form on it at all)

I was thinking like
probably the most fun take on this Ability - what would make working up to to School Form the most worthwhile - would be to do something like Power Construct: as it changes form, one of the stats that increases is its base HP
The problem is uh... obviously that Megas conventionally don't raise HP
but the reason I think this case warrants an exception is that the act of Mega Evolving doesn't change its HP stat at all - like every other Mega, its HP still doesn't change when it Mega Evolves
It's the Ability that causes that, and that's definitely well within the constraints of what Abilities are allowed to do in canon (following Power Construct's example) and it still ends up with a perfectly legal BST for School Form (720)

I feel like this is a useful mechanical choice to make the slow buildup to School Form worth it, since the low HP is a big part of what keeps even the bulkiest regular School Form Megas from being particularly impressive
and it also has the potential to create a really satisfying form of visual feedback, since seeing its HP change each time it changes form is a great way to emphasize that it's changed its stats and seeing it happen repeatedly over time satisfyingly draws attention to the incremental nature of the Ability

Personally I am all for this but I can understand why it would be controversial to change its base HP at all, so I felt like laying out the argument and inviting feedback rather than telling him outright that it was okay

(* also to clarify: its form isn't meant to revert when it switches out the Ability is already quite similar to Power Construct in nature and avoids all of the obvious reasons why HP doesn't normally change)

It is still a Mega first and foremost, of course - it's just taking advantage of the fact that the base form already has two forms of differing power levels, and using them as a justification for an otherwise-hard-to-explore kind of form change for the Mega
Personally I quite like his idea
and I feel like this suggestion has value as a way to make it, like, actually practical and worth considering I think it would be a cool addition
and folks were open to the idea, for the most part, so i put this together!

that's enough of the backstory, though-- let's get into what it can do mechanically!

mechanically, this thing is a hell of a tank. due to the nature of its ability, its incentivised to run protect, giving it spare turns for its ability to progress, making Wish its preferred type of recovery; plus it naturally gets flip turn and u-turn for team support! (and wish is also a funny move to give it because wish is in its name.)

most sets are probably going to want to run wish + protect + pivoting, and then the fourth moveslot can variably go to an attacking move, a utility move like scald, or something like toxic.

i think i still have more to say about this, but i think this is enough to put in the thread... my analysis brain isnt working right now but i would like to come back and elaborate more if i can!

anyways i hope you like it. ! .w.

well, i didnt end up having the brainpower to type more about wishiwashi after all, but i did have it in me to turn another not-anything-bug-related pokemon into a bug for mechanical reasons! i am now a repeat offender.

:dugtrio:
Mega Dugtrio
New Ability: Sand Veil/Arena Trap/Sand Force --> Sap Sipper
New Typing: Ground/Bug

New Stats:
ATK: 100 --> 150 (+50)
DEF
: 50 --> 90 (+40)
SPA
: 50 (--)
SPD
: 70 (--)
SPE
: 120 --> 130 (+10)

New Moves
: First Impression, U-Turn(?)

Desc: you know that one bit early on in rescue team when you first meet dugtrio and he keeps like talking but forgetting to come up out of the ground ? and generally he just like, pops out of the ground to add something to the conversation that no one knew he was listening to and then abruptly leaves with no ceremony and its genuinely so funny of him . this is a pmd dugtrio appreciation post. anyway i think dugtrio should get first impression

sap sipper i think is a neat ability because grass - while not necessarily being a fantastic offensive type on its own - has a good handful of very relevant moves that it's very helpful to be immune to, such as grassy glide, spore & sleep powder, leaf storm, grass knot, and leech seed/strength sap to an extent (while not super common, they're very nice things to be immune to whenever they're relevant). all of these are moves that its generally pretty easy to see coming, and immensely helpful to have a free switch-in for.

being able to use first impression at +1 is an interesting mechanical interaction, and it puts a lot of pressure on potential switch-ins. fortunately for dugtrio's opponent, first impression is also a pretty easy move to see coming, and one that has a lot of switch-in options due to bug also not being a fantastic offensive type on its own. unfortunately for dugtrio's opponent, nearly all of those potential switch-ins are not actually all that safe due to dugtrio's ground STAB and rock coverage, and even corviknight doesn't much like switching in to a +1 stone edge !

however, it's worth noting that dugtrio doesn't get swords dance, so it'll be relying on its unboosted damage output most of the time. this is definitely not an insignificant amount of damage, but it is much more easily walled than if its allowed to get a +1 off of sap sipper! most likely, i can see this playing really nicely as a disruptive pivot, especially due to its SR access and pivoting. definitely paired best with something like a water that's worried about electric- and grass-type foes!

flavor something something dugtrio is a farm pest that ruins crops and tills fields on occasion . no i dont have a non mechanical excuse for making it a bug im sorry. have a nice day

edit; hematite just offhandedly called this "bugtrio" and id like to formally call him out for being funnier than me how dare he

Last edited:
:wishiwashi: Mega Wishiwashi
New Ability
: Phantom Guard (it takes halved damage from direct attacks, doubled damage from indirect attacks)
Type: Water, Ghost

New stats:
Attack: 20 -> 40 (+20)
Defense: 20 -> 40 (+20)
Special Attack: 25 -> 40 (+15)
Special Defense: 25 -> 40 (+15)
Speed: 40 -> 70 (+30)
(BST) 175 -> 275 (+100)

New moves:Recover, Glare, Shadow Ball
Description: Well I wanted to make a balanced wishiwashi-solo, but it was very difficult since its very low stats. Then I thinked "what happened at the wishiwashi that haven't got a werd? Well they are alone, and they became much "darker" and its eyes became angrier than before (glare). Some calc if you think this is unbalanced (remember it will take double damage from indirect attacks):
252 Atk Garchomp-Mega Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Wishiwashi: 121-144 (52.1 - 62%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Wishiwashi in Grassy Terrain: 288-338 (124.1 - 145.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Ice Scales Wishiwashi in Electric Terrain: 204-240 (87.9 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

(fur coat and ice scales simulate phatom guard)

Last edited:
My wacky haha Falinks set

Mega Falinks @Falinkite

65/145 (+45)/110 (+10)/70/80 (+20)/100 (+25)

BST 470 -> 570

New moves: Pin missile, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, Gunk Shot, Final Gambit.

Ability: Blitzkrieg (Mega Falinks always moves first on its first turn in battle. Imune to intimidate).

Many of it's moves are based on war weapons (like the multihit moves being based on guns, or gunk shot being based on a granade) and war strategies (like Final Gambit being based on a Kamikaze attack).

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak" Sun Tzu

I made some changes because as Hematite said, I gave it moves that it probably would learn in 2 generations, and clarified how the ability works. Now I think the set can be classified

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
:swsh/falinks:
:falinks: Mega-Falinks
Typing: Fighting
Ability: Duel (When trapped, traps the opponents unless they are immune to trapping.)
Stats:
Atk: 130(+30)
Def: 100
SpA: 70
SpD: 100(+40)
Spe: 105(+30)
Added Moves: None
Description: WIP (There's a high chance i forget to write it tbh) (Just know it's made to force switches by menacing the opponent if trapping a mon that can't beat it with No Retreat and then setting Up with Swords Dance, and abusing those forces switches by making clever switches itself)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)