Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:sm/donphan::absolite:
:donphan: Mega Donphan
New Ability
: Rough Skin
Type:
Ground

New stats:
HP: 90
Attack: 145 (+25)
Defense: 150 (+30)
Special Attack: 60 (+0)
Special Defense: 85 (+25)
Speed: 70 (+20)
(600 BST)

New moves: Headlong Rush
Description: Mega Donphan functions as a multipurpose physical wall who can easily set up Stealth Rock and/or remove hazards with Rapid Spin. Rough Skin complements its hefty physical bulk and chips physical attackers for its teammates to pick off later. Headlong Rush is an alternative to Earthquake for Mega Donphan to deal more damage in exchange for lowering its defenses.

Donphan @ Donphanite
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

:sv/phanpy::sv/donphan::sv/phanpy:
Mega Donphan
Type:
Ground / Fairy
Ability: Filter
Stats:
HP: 90​
Att: 130 (+10)
Def: 130 (+10)
SpA: 60​
SpD: 120 (+60)
Spe: 70 (+20)

Phanpy gets my vote as being the cutest Pokemon ever, and Donphan is noted as being usually calm unlike its Paradox counterparts, so I decided to lean into the "gentle giant" side of elephants. Mega Donphan will still throw down when it needs to, but it spends most of its time peacefully playing with the Phanpy in its herd, and it has been observed using its trunk to delicately return young Swablu that have fallen out of their nest.

Filter instead of Solid Rock both because Donphan is more clay or rubber than it is stone, and also to hold up the tradition of only giving Solid Rock to things with 4x weaknesses.

While Great Tusk excels at physical offense and defense, and Iron Treads favors pivoting and utility, Mega Donphan carves a niche for itself with its excellent special bulk.

Donphan-Mega
Type: Ground/Flying
Ability: Aerilate
Atk: 140 (+20)
Def: 140 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 60
Sp. Def: 85 (+25)
Spd: 85 (+35)
New Moves: N/A
Many people have been upset with Gholdengo's stranglehold on hazard removal due to it being immune to Rapid and Mortal Spins, as well as blocking Defog with Good as Gold. What's a type that can hit Gholdengo while not being weak to Steel? Flying (Galvanize isn't real). By giving Donphan access to the Flying type and Aerilate, it can spin in front of Ghold and KO with Earthquake (needs 60 Attack EVs or Stealth Rocks to OHKO). Air Balloons won't save this piece of string cheese, as Rapid Spin pops the balloon and removes hazards. Even though it lacks boots, which is fairly concerning for a hazard remover without reliable recovery, the Flying type protects it from all hazards save Stealth Rocks.

That's not all that this Donphan can do: it can also function as a wallbreaker with its great neutral coverage and high Attack and spread paralysis with now Flying type Body Slams. In addition, it can take advantage of its amazing defensive typing and utilize it's impressive utility movepool, with options like Encore, Knock Off, and Stealth Rocks, or even clean up a weakened team with speed boosts from Rapid Spin.

The main draws for using Mega Donphan over Great Tusk and Iron Treads are the Flying type Rapid Spin and the amazing type combo, which will be unique to Mega Donphan until we get Home Pokemon. However, Great Tusk can setup with Bulk Up and Treads is faster and can pivot, as well as both being able to hold items, so one isn't superior to any other Donphan. It also doesn't compete with Mega Arboliva, as Donphan is better for more offensive teams while Arboliva is better for defensive ones.

Flavor: Dumbo!
I'll add Tinkaton later, if I remember.

Message from DrPumpkinz:
Get your weapons ready, Armarouge!

Mega Armarouge
Type:
Fire / Psychic
Ability: Trace
Stats:
HP: 85​
Att: 60​
Def: 130 (+30)
SpA: 165 (+40)
SpD: 90 (+10)
Spe: 95 (+20)

Like many people, my initial reaction to seeing Armarouge was "that's not a Pokemon, that's a Mega Man". Mega Armarouge leans into this with Trace, allow it to get equipped with the opponent's ability. It unfortunately can't copy Protosynthesis or Quark Drive, but come Teal Mask, it'll be able to stuff Wellspring Ogerpon by absorbing Ivy Cudgel and naturally resisting Grass attacks.

Mega-Donphan
Donphanite.png

Type : Ground
Ability : No Barrier : All of the Pokemon’s moves remove Reflect, Aurora Veil, Light Screen and Substitutes
Additional moves: Bulk Up

Stats:

HP : 90
Atk: 155 (+35)
Def: 140 (+20)
SpA 60
SpD 105 (+45)
Spe: 50

I took inspiration from Ganesh, a Hindu elephant god, which represents intellect and wisdom, and is reputated to removes obstacles. That’s how I came up with such an ability, trying to adapt that to the competitive scene, without making it too OP. Therefore, Mega Donphan will carve a niche as a wallbreaker without the opponent being able to protect from it while still being bulky on both sides.

Mega Armarouge
Carmadurite.png

Type : Fire/Psychic
Ability : Gunpowder : raise SpA by 1 each time the Pokémon use a Fire-type move. Only works once per fight.

Stats

HP : 85
Atk: 80 (+20)
Def: 115 (+15)
SpA : 150 (+25)
SpD 105 (+25)
Spe: 90 (+15)

For this one, I took inspiration from… well… gunpowder, that power up artillery and firearms, and I adapted it to the Pokemon Competitive. Since getting a constant boost by using a Fire Type move was a bit too OP, I decided to make it work only once per fight, so you'll have to choose carefull the moment when you'll setup your Mega Armarouge.

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
:tinkaton:
Tinkaton-Mega
Ability: Uplifting
While this Pokémon is present all Pokémon are ungrounded.
HP: 85
Attack: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Defense: 77 -> 127 (+50)
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 105 -> 115 (+10)
Speed: 94 -> 104 (+10)
New Moves: U-Turn

So typically when I look at a Pokemon I think about it competitively first, with Tinkaton I took a different approach. I'm a huge fan of the "cute girl with a huge hammer" trope. Mostly through characters like Ramona Flowers(not the movie version...) and Nora from RWBY (God I'm such a nerd dude). And I wanted away to make Tinkaton play like that, bouncy and dynamic. Able to hit hard and then get right out, while improving the way it uses its toolkit because its already a Utility pivot. Statwise and movewise its simple, improve its bulk, make it hit harder, Gigaton Hammer will hit hard no matter what. Make it faster. Basically make it an OU level Pokemon and make it worth most of its opportunity cost as a mega. And the ability would give it everything else it needed.

I realized a Rocket Hammer is the natural progression and also would flavorwise fit with it trying to hunt Corviknights. And then I remembered we had an ability perfect for a Rocket Hammer Pokemon, especially one that seems happy and good-natured. Also the idea of it hitting opposing Pokemon but also its teammates into the air in VGC is so perfectly fitting. And it does that both through its ability and the incredibly strong Gigaton Hammers it throws at its opponents just to follow off with a U-turn to get right out of there.

Last edited:
:sv/armarouge:
Mega Armarouge

Ability: Crimson Armour

The user is immune to Dark moves. If it gets hit by a Dark move, its SpA is raised by one stage.

Type: Fire | Psychic

New Stats:

Attack: 60
Defense: 100 → 130 (+30)
Special Attack: 125 → 160 (+35)
Special Defense: 80 → 95 (+15)
Speed: 75 → 95 (+20)
BST: 525 → 625 (+100)

New moves:
Recover

Description:
1) Concept

- Armarouge draws some inspiration from Mega Man, a Japanese science fiction video game franchise created by Capcom. As with many other heroes in other fandoms, Mega Man stands for justice and protects people from "evil" enemies. Against this background, I wanted to create an ability that would allow M Armarouge to become such a hero; its armour is now able to better protect it from any attack from its "evil" enemies. This also reflects, to some extent, Mega Man's ability to adapt to any difficult situation the robot finds itself in when facing enemies.
- I choose the name "Crimson Flower" because the colour red is often used to represent a hero, reflecting their passion and conviction to help out others and defend them. According to the Pokédex, Armarouge is an incredibly loyal Pokémon. So, in my eyes, it makes sense for a hero to never waver in the face of injustice and keep going on. (I'm open to changing the name of the ability if there are better ideas.)

2) Competitive

- With gen 9's strong focus on the Dark type (Kingambit, Meowscarada, Roaring Moon, Chien Pao, just to name a few), Psychic Pokémon don't exactly have an easy time thriving in OU or VGC. This is where M Armarouge's new ability comes in, allowing it to wall or check many of the aforementioned Dark Pokémon as well as metagame defining Pokémon, like Iron Valiant.
- In Singles, this means M Armarouge can now have some defensive utility on a team, making it therefore different from its base form, which is primarily used as an offensive sweeper. The addition of Recover further underlines this new niche. What's more, M Armarouge naturally resists Future Sight + Fighting / Dark moves--a combo that's generally hard to cover defensively just with one Pokémon. Offensively, you can create some mindgames because pre-Mega, Armarouge can try to rely on Weak Armor to get a speed boost, not fearing Dark moves at all since the opponent might be too afraid of boosting its SpA with a Dark move. While Weak Armor lowers the user's Def, M Armarouge doesn't fear most priority moves; it's immune to Sucker Punch and naturally resists Bullet Punch / Mach Punch / Grassy Glide / Ice Shard.
- In VGC, the new Dark immunity allows for a lot of flexibility. For one, M Armarouge is immune to Prankster + Taunt. So, it has a much easier time setting up Trick Room or protecting the team with Wide Guard. Furthermore, it cannot be shut down by Snarl or Parting Shot--moves that can often slow down Psychic Terrain teams as the abusers are usually special attackers. Moreover, M Armarouge's resistance profile can even extend to Pokémon like Chi-Yu or Incineroar should the latter return.
- However, this does not mean M Armarouge outclasses its base form; in fact, both forms have their advantages and disadvantages. For instance, base Armarouge is slower and thus more likely to benefit from Trick Room; it can also use an item to cover a team's needs, such as berries, Life Orb, Power Herb or Safety Goggles. M Armarouge, on the other hand, has a much easier time handling counter measures to its base form and can perform better under Tailwind due to higher speed. Strategy wise, you can pull off some fun and interesting combos. Kingambit or other allies can click Sucker Punch either to hurt the opponent or to boost M Armarouge's SpA if you want to punish the opponent for careful plays. There's also an ally's Brutal Swing who benefits from M Armarouge being a Psychic Pokémon since it naturally threatens Fighting Pokémon that resist Dark moves. Opposing Dark Pokémon can be covered with Aura Sphere.

:armarouge:
Mega Armarouge
New Ability
: Competitive
Type: Fire/Psychic

New stats:
Attack: 60
Defense: 135 (+35)
Special Attack: 160 (+35)
Special Defense: 110 (+30)
Speed: 75
(625 BST)

New moves: lmao
Description:
Armarouge is touted as being very loyal. Of course, throughout various (but not all) works of fiction, those most loyal are perhaps the most competitive... to prove themselves to those that they are loyal to.

While this Armarouge is more VGC/Doubles-oriented, it can still hold its own in Singles. To this extent, where it lacks Mega Grumpig's speed and Beads of Ruin, it more than makes up for with a much better dualtype, both offensively and defensively, and significantly better physical bulk that lets it live a hit or two before firing off a powerful attack. Competitive is useful for punishing Intimidate and Strength Sap from Mega Quaquaval and Bramblegast, respectively, as well as the occasional Defog, giving it a potential niche on hazard stack teams (and once the DLC rolls around, Sticky Web teams too). This niche is especially noticeable because it matches up well into most of the hazard removers we have, since Great Tusk and Quaquaval fear Psychic STAB and Energy Ball, while Brambleghast, Arboliva, and Corv fear Fire STAB. Essentially, it's kind of like Gen 6 Bisharp (if it took up your mega slot).

VGC is, obviously, where this mon really shines, as an upgrade to base Armarouge. Moves like Intimidate, Snarl, and Icy Wind are EVERYWHERE, and if mons like Kingambit are any indicator, being able to punish these stat drops is very useful, since it eliminates one way to stop entire threats. It lends itself very useful on Trick Room teams, where it can turn its low speed to its advantage (and where potential Intimidates or Snarls can really fuck up your game plan), especially alongside Psychic Terrain from Indeedee-F, which lets it launch some absolutely nuclear Expanding Forces.

:sm/armarouge:

Armarouge-Mega
Type: Fire/Psychic
Ability: Analytic

Attack: 60 + 30 = 90
Defense: 100 + 20 = 120
Sp. Attack: 125 + 30 = 155
Sp. Defense: 80 + 30 = 110
Speed: 75 - 10 = 65
New moves: Morning Sun

Description: Unleash. The. Ammo.

This one takes a slower and bulkier approach, Fire/Psychic being far from the best typing defensively but still being able to tank a hit. And oh boy.

+1 252+ SpA Analytic Armarouge Armor Cannon vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 279-328 (42.7 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Armarouge Armor Cannon vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 207-244 (52.5 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Its obvious weakness is how bad the typing is, as well as Psychic/Fire/Grass still being able to miss some mons coverage wise like Hydreigon, opposing Armarouge, as well as Roaring Moon, as well as wanting to fit Calm Mind for setup, Morning Sun for longevity, Armor Cannon, Psyshock, Energy Ball and Scorching Sands.

:sm/tinkaton:

Tinkaton-Mega
Type: Fairy/Steel
Ability: Heatproof

Attack: 75 + 20 = 95
Defense: 77 + 30 = 107
Sp. Attack: 70 + 10 = 80
Sp. Defense: 105 + 30 = 135
Speed: 94 + 10 = 104
New moves: None

Description:

Spent so much time in the forge it became pretty resilient to heat. Moreover, it lives in hot regions, hence Heatproof as an ability. Tinkaton is a mon I really like, one of my favs from Gen 9. Fairy/Steel is a crazy good typing, and with added neutrality to Fire it can potentially stomach hits from stuff like Heatran lacking Earth Power, Volcarona, Gouging Fire, as well as the potentially great Armarouge-Mega no matter which sub wins.

:sm/donphan:

Donphan-Mega
Type: Ground
Ability: Gravitas

Atk: 120 + 20 = 140
Def: 120 + 20 = 140
SpA: 60 + 10 = 70
SpD: 60 + 50 = 110
Spe: 50
New moves: None

Description: Gholdengo public execution.

OK so, trying to find a niche to Great Tusk/Iron Treads prototype is hard, as they have tools it doesn't have, like Headlong Rush and Close Combat for Tusk, or Volt Switch for Treads. I wanted to focus on having Hazard removal that can just send Gholdengo to the Shadow Realm, so this ability came to mind. It also can hit Skarmory (for when it'll come back) and Corviknight, and just slay them. So basically, either a Hazard setter that can win against some nice removal like Corviknight, or Hazard removal that can win vs the likes of Gholdengo etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)