Megas For All: V3! (Slate #4 VOTING; Check Post #170)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

Blissey-Mega
Ability: Natural Cure / Serene Grace / Healer ----> Fluffy Fat (Solid Rock clone)
Typing: Normal/Fairy

Stats:

HP: 255----> 255
Attack: 10 ----> 10
Defense: 10 ----> 40 (+30)
Special Attack: 75 ----> 115 (+40)
Special Defense: 135 ----> 150 (+15)
Speed: 55 ----> 70 (+15)
Base Stat Total: 540 ----> 640 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Moonblast
Description: Blissey's feathery growths turn into full on angel wings and it has tufts of fur all over its body. Its love for caring for people and Pokémon made it gain the Fairy typing.

Mega Blissey is primarily used as a special tank, sponging special attacks and hitting back with a great 115 SpA. It helped by this its great ability in Fluffy Fat, softening Poison and Steel type attacks that would otherwise severly dent or outright OHKO it.

Last edited:
Mega Blissey
Ability
: Natural Cure/Serene Grace/Healer -> Happy Heart
(clone of Lightningrod, absorbs/draws Dark moves and raises Sp. Atk)
Stats:
HP: 255 -> 255
Atk: 10 -> 10
Def: 10 -> 40 (+30)
SpA: 75 -> 110 (+35)
SpD: 135 -> 150 (+15)
Speed: 55 -> 75 (+20)
Total: 540 -> 640 (+100)
Added Moves: Moonblast
Descriptions:
The feathers on its body are arranged so it forms a heart shape around where the egg pouch is. It also has small, guardian angel-style wings on its back and the feathers are generally longer, forming a 'dress.'

One of the biggest problem of the blobs were being very passive, now Mega Blissey has a chance to hit back with Special Attacks AND relieve the game of the many Dark moves being thrown around. Knock Off? What's that? It also has its use in Doubles, drawing in any Knock Offs targeted to say, your physical wall and using the power of happiness and optimism mentioned in the Dex to turn that as a Special Attack boost. It also gains Moonblast to use as a new STAB move to counter the Dark types and have a chance to lower Special Attack. The new typing also helps, adding a Dragon immunity among other useful resistances. As for Sucker Punch, it will be drawn into Mega Blissey and fail if Mega Blissey isn't attacking, so no Special Attack boost unless Mega Blissey is going to attack.

Mega Diggersby
Ability
: Pickup/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power → Huge Power
Typing: Normal/Ground

Stats:
HP: 85 -> 85
Ak: 56 -> 80 (+24)
Def: 77 -> 100 (+23)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (-0)
SpD: 77 -> 100 (+23)
Speed: 78 -> 108 (+30)
Base Stat Total: 423 -> 523 (+100)
Added Moves: Slack Off
Description:
Mega Diggersby's eyes now open and are more determined as it gains brown, furry and dirt-covered gloves on its arms. The fur on its belly grows so it covers more of its body and forms pants- the added padding allows it to jump further and run faster.

A general upgrade in stats allow makes it faster and allows it to survive more hits in the hard-hitting upper tiers. Huge Power is still a great ability. Slack Off fits its design and recovery is always nice when you need it- it also works better with the Mega with the increased defenses.​

Last edited:
Mega Blissey:
Ability:
Natural Cure/Serene Grace/Healer ----> Kind Spirit (Halves damage taken from Dark-type moves. Variant of Heatproof.)
Typing: Normal/Psychic

Stats:

HP: 255 ----> 255
Attack: 10 ----> 10
Defense: 10 ----> 25 [+15]
Special Attack: 75 ----> 120 [+45]
Special Defense: 135 ----> 165 [+30]
Speed: 55 ----> 65 [+10]
Base Stat Total: 540 ----> 640
Movepool Additions: Psyshock (extra Psychic STAB)
Description: Mega Blissey's ability to sense the emotions of people and other Pokémon has developed into outright telepathy. It doesn't use its newfound power for maliciousness, however; rather, it makes an effort to be even kinder than before, which guards it against the Dark-type moves it would normally be particularly susceptible to. From a competitive standpoint, Mega Blissey can fulfill the role of a healer, as it had before, or a bulky set-up sweeper with its great bulk and solid Special Attack stat. It's a bulky Psychic-type, but one that doesn't suffer from the problems of other bulky Psychic-types thanks to its unique type/ability combination and huge movepool; it has only a solitary weakness to the particularly weak Bug-type, greatly improving its survivability compared to its standard form. Only real problem other than its relative slowness is its slight four-moveslot syndrome; if running a Calm Mind set, it can only really afford to run two offensive moves as it wants to dedicate its fourth slot to Soft-Boiled. It's still very good despite this issue, though.

Mega Diggersby:
Ability:
Pickup/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power ----> Huge Power
Typing: Normal/Dark
Stats:

HP: 85 ----> 85
Attack: 56 ----> 78 [+22]
Defense: 77 ----> 99 [+22]
Special Attack: 50 ----> 60 [+10]
Special Defense: 77 ----> 99 [+22]
Speed: 78 ----> 102 [+24]
Base Stat Total: 423 ----> 523
Movepool Additions: Sucker Punch
Description: Diggersby with STAB Foul Play is back. But in all seriousness, Diggersby looks to me as if it would look menacing if it didn't have that silly grin on its face all the time, hence its secondary Dark-type and the corresponding addition of Sucker Punch. While this might look broken at first, Mega Diggersby is held back by its subpar defensive typing (namely, the 4x weakness to Fighting) and its only average bulk. Still, it's a threat that needs to be considered; if it manages to get a Swords Dance up and you don't have any Fighting priority on your team, prepare to have a hard time.​

I see a lot of people changing Diggersby's primary type. Just want to make clear that this has been disallowed as of the most recent slate, though I don't blame you for making that mistake; Peef Rimgar wrote "times" instead of "types." Probably autocorrect or something.
Didn't notice the rule change on Slate#2. I thought we can do away with typing restrictions by using flavour (said in the OP). :(

Oh well. I'm not actually here for the contest, just for the chance to theorymon. :P

Didn't notice the rule change on Slate#2. I thought we can do away with typing restrictions by using flavour (said in the OP). :(

Oh well. I'm not actually here for the contest, just for the chance to theorymon. :P
The "typing restriction" you're referring to is actually a restriction on what types you're allowed to change the secondary type to. There's supposed to be a pool in the slate post, or at least something saying that the pool is unlimited...

Mega Blissey
Abilities:
Natural Cure/Serene Grace/Healer --> Fairy Aura
Item: Blissite
Stats:
HP: 255 -> 255
Atk: 10 -> 40 (+30)
Def: 10 -> 30 (+20)
SpA: 75 -> 95 (+20)
SpD: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Speed: 55 -> 65 (+10)
Added Moves: Moonblast
Description: Later.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm... I'm not seeing why we could change one type and not the other, especially if that's made with some logic and not getting crazy... Also, a few proposals were accepted last time despite that... So... We can change that? Or should I change my proposal?

Hmmmmm... I'm not seeing why we could change one type and not the other, especially if that's made with some logic and not getting crazy... Also, a few proposals were accepted last time despite that... So... We can change that? Or should I change my proposal?
There is no precedent for primary type change in real Mega Evolutions, and since we're trying to keep this realistic, we intend to keep it that way. The only exceptions to this rule will occur when the base forme's typing is Normal/Flying. Aside from Normal/Flying types, no Pokemon (bar the strange exception of Onix) changes its primary type upon regular evolution either.

The rules were not very clearly established for the first slate, and we didn't want to clutter the thread with excessive "corrections." Nevertheless, the only exception to this rule going forward will be Normal/Flying types. We had the same rule in the first run-through of mega creation.

Diggersby-Mega
Ability: Pickup / Cheek Pouch / Huge Power (HA) ---> Huge Power
Typing: Normal/Ground ---> Normal/ Fighting
Stats:
HP 85 ---> 85
Atk 56 ---> 95 (+39)
Def 77 ---> 107 (+30)
SpA 50 ---> 50
SpD 85 ---> 91 (+6)
Spe 77 ---> 102 (+25)
BST 423 ---> 523 (+100)
New moves: Close Combat
Reasoning: I wanted to see Diggersby become even more of an offensive threat than it already is, and I figured Fighting would be the best type to make it offensive threat. With an effective 190 Attack due to Huge Power, its Return become quite powerful, especially after a Swords Dance or two. While it does lose Earthquake STAB, it really doesn't matter in the long run due to getting Close Combat. It's basically Mega Medicham with slightly less Attack, more bulk, and the tiniest bit more Speed, it's safe to say it will consistently dish out tons of damage, though at the cost of being destroyed by anything faster than it as well as Gengar.

Last edited:

Diggersby-Mega
Ability: Pickup / Cheek Pouch / Huge Power ---> Huge Power
Typing:

Stats:
HP 85 ---> 85
ATK 56 ---> 40 (-16)
DEF 77 ---> 107 (+30)
SPA 50 ---> 50
SPD 77 ---> 120 (+43)
SPE 78 ---> 121 (+43)
BST 423 ---> 523
New Move: Bone Rush
Description: Sacrifices some of its famous power for heavy bulk and speed, becoming a interesting offensive support pokemon that can now abuse return instead of quick attack. With Diggersby-Mega's newfound speed, it can set spikes (that it gets via egg move) and facilitate offensive pressure at the same time. Bone rush is a nice STAB that becomes potent for its ability to break subs, as any other move on Diggersby-Mega could be easily broken. Like Garchomp-Mega, Diggersby-Mega doesn't quite outclass regular diggersby and either form can be viable.

Blissey-Mega
Ability: Natural Cure / Serene Grace / Healer ---> Serene Grace
Typing:

Stats:
HP 255 ---> 255
ATK 10 ---> 20 (+10)
DEF 10 ---> 20 (+10)
SPA 75 ---> 115 (+40)
SPD 135 ---> 115 (-20)
SPE 55 ---> 115 (+60)
BST 540 ---> 640
New Move: Tri Attack
Description: 40% chance of status from Tri Attack can put Blissey-Mega into a different role as a status spreading sweeper rather than exclusively a special wall. The nice thing about Tri Attack is that all three statuses are really bad to have against Blissey, especially mega: Burn means you'll struggle breaking her physical side, Paralysis means you'll certainly move after her with her recovery, and freeze means she can set up, give a teammate a free wish, or simply obtain free extra damage. Blissey-Mega still faces trouble from Chansey (interestingly enough) and other special walls with a lackluster 115 special attack (for a mega), but because of statuses, it can pull through. Like Garchomp-Mega and my above Diggersby-Mega, Blissey-Mega is still outclassed as a special wall by non-mega Blissey and/or eviolite Chansey, but outclasses both as a status spreader and has actual offensive presence outside of Seismic Toss.

Last edited:
WIP

Mega Blissey
Ability:
Natural Cure/Serene Grace/Healer -> Natural Cure
Stats:
HP:
255 -> 255
Atk: 10 -> 10
Def: 10 -> 50 (+40)
SpA: 75 -> 105 (+30)
SpD: 135 -> 145 (+10)
Speed: 55 -> 75 (+20)

Mega Diggersby
Ability:
Pickup/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power -> Sheer Force
Typing: Normal/Ground
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 56 -> 121 (+65)
Defense: 77 -> 92 (+15)
SpA: 50 -> 30 (-20)
SpD: 77 -> 87 (+10)
Speed: 78 -> 108 (+30)
Total: 423 -> 523 (+100)
New Moves: Rock Climb

Last edited:
Diggersby:
Normal/Ground
Huge Power Thick Fat
85 / 100
(+44) / 100 (+23) / 50 (+0) / 100 (+23) / 88 (+10)
523 (+100)
Teeter Dance
Such a nice stat distribution. Is there anything cuter than a big fat rabbit? I think not. There certainly aren't any bigger bunnies than this one. Teeter Dance makes sense flavor-wise because all other rabbits learn it, and is most certainly not broken.

Blissey:
Normal/Fairy
Natural Cure
255 / 10
(+0) / 30 (+20) / 100 (+25) / 170 (+35) / 75 (+20)
640 (+100)
Moonblast
Still not very physically bulky, but definitely an improvement. Normal/Fairy gives Blissey some resistances, finally, and an extra immunity in exchange for some rather uncommon weaknesses. Moon last makes for a powerful STAB that also slightly increases the viability of the rare Serene Grace tank variant of the base form.

Last edited:

Diggersby-Mega:
Normal/Ground

Run Away/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power---> Simple
85/56/77/50/77/101--->85/99 (+43)/94 (+17)/50/94 (+17)/101 (+23) (BST: 523 (+100))
New Moves: Refresh

Appearance: In lieu of the general theme of megas appearing worse (flashier, more accurately) than their original forms (I'm looking at you Latis, Slowbro, Salamence, Garchomp, Swampert, and Blaziken), Diggersby becomes the single most idiotic looking mega of the bunch. Its already massive, fist-like ears become four times the size of its body; it legs become similarly dis-proportioned, becoming nearly as large as its ears, and it eyes open up, revealing complete idiocy, and its mouth now sports two, massive buck teeth and a stream of drool is now pouring from its mouth. No sane individual could understand how this abomination of a monster was once a dapper looking Diggersby.

Description: In spite of its grotesque form, its physical capabilities have significantly improved. Diggersby is now faster, stronger (if you ignore huge power that is), and bulkier. Forgoing its former, 'more impressive' huge power ability for the nearly as good simple ability and more bulk, Diggersby becomes a premier set-up sweeper. After one swords dance, an adamant Diggersby-mega goes from a solid 326 attack stat to a fearsome 978 attack stat, doing heavy damage to anything that doesn't resist it with its normal 'weak' quick attack. In addition to Swords Dance, Diggersby has a bulk up set to become extremely hard to take down upon setting up and also hit hard. The increased speed allows Diggersby-mega to hit threats it normally couldn't outspeed with a hard hitting return or earthquake. I chose to give Simple to Diggersby as a reference to the key ability of everyone's favorite HM whore, Bibarel, a similar, early-game rodent pokemon. I chose to give it refresh as way to deal with the hindering effects of the status effects, toxic and burn have on a setup sweeper. Its increased bulk makes set-up far easier.

Competitive Role: Diggersby increased bulk and speed, gives it increased presence in battle. The addition of the simple ability allows its relatively insufficient attack stats to become extraordinarily usable after one use of bulk up or swords dance. Any pokemon that doesn't resist its stab combo of normal/ground will have extreme difficulty dealing with it, so pokemon like Skarmory can counter it quite handily, unless it is running fire punch that is. Pokemon with unaware, decent defense and recovery, like Clefable or Quagsire, can laugh off its base 99 attack stat. And, even though it possesses refresh to deal with troublesome status conditions,it has to to invest a move slot to even use it. While Diggersby-Mega as I propose, would be a massive threat, it certainly wouldn't be invincible.

Thanks to asumi for the critical advice. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Diggersby-Mega:
Normal/Ground
Simple
85/95 (+49)/101 (+24)/50/101 (+24)/91 (+13)
New Move: ExtremeSpeed

Description: Forgoing its former, 'more impressive' huge power ability for the nearly as good simple ability and more bulk, in addition to gaining a new + 2 priority stab in extreme-speed, Diggersby becomes a premier set-up sweeper. After one swords dance, an adamant diggersby-mega goes from a solid 317 attack stat to a fearsome 951 attack stat, eradicating nearly anything that doesn't resist it with a single extreme-speed. The added bulk allows Diggersby to tanks most attacks to set up, and the added speed makes Diggersby more likely to get hits when it uses its coverage moves. I chose to give Simple to Diggersby to reference the key ability of everyone's favorite HM whore, Bibarel.
You do realize that adding Extreme Speed to the mega move pool also adds it to the base form, right? So while the mega is okay with Simple, base Diggersby gets Swords Dance + Huge Power with Extreme Speed. It reaches 928 Atk, which is roughly equivalent to your mega's 951, without sacrificing a mega slot. Not to mention a Choice Band set.
Simple Bulk Up is quite neat, barring the susceptibility to burn and toxic.

Last edited:
Please stop adding attacking and setup moves to Diggersby. Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Close Combat, Shift Gear, and Extreme Speed are all very inappropriate additions given the viability of its base form. Teeter Dance is also inappropriate, since all it does is add more possibilities for hax.

Blissey should not get Baton Pass either, as it would very likely change its viability in base form (the blobs' arguably biggest problem is that they kill momentum). Psyshock and Moonblast are examples of acceptable moves to add. Please thoughtfully consider the impacts of the moves you add before adding them.

Also, please consider how certain stat changes will impact the brokenness of a mega. For instance, Diggersby is viable in OU with 56/78 Attack/Speed stats. Medicham, despite having 60/80 Attack/Speed stats, is not viable. This means that if Diggersby retains Huge Power on mega evolution, it should probably have stats that are significantly worse than Mega Medicham's 100/100 Attack/Speed stats.

Providing calculations that demonstrate your mega's viability and balance will make me (and others) more likely to vote for it when the time comes.

I will not be submitting this round, since I will likely be endorsing The Reptile's or zerobreaker000's submissions. They are good examples of balanced Megas (though idk about Wonder Room).

Honestly, Blissey has all the moves it need to be viable, and an offensive variant would be outclassed in most cases. Plus, Oblivious should already be enough to make it usable; Wonder Room is just another option.

Can we rename an ability that does the same thing anyways? I want to make an ability that does the exact same thing as Oblivious, except have a better name. Can that be allowed?

y/y

Can we rename an ability that does the same thing anyways? I want to make an ability that does the exact same thing as Oblivious, except have a better name. Can that be allowed?

y/y
I haven't spoken with anyone about this, but it was discouraged in the last project, so I'm gonna go ahead and tentatively say no, since it just adds to coding difficulties. For instance, if G-Luke's Mega Blissey submission wins, we'll probably just call the ability Filter because it already exists and doesn't completely contradict flavor.

Please stop adding attacking and setup moves to Diggersby. Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Close Combat, Shift Gear, and Extreme Speed are all very inappropriate additions given the viability of its base form. Teeter Dance is also inappropriate, since all it does is add more possibilities for hax.

Blissey should not get Baton Pass either, as it would very likely change its viability in base form (the blobs' arguably biggest problem is that they kill momentum). Psyshock and Moonblast are examples of acceptable moves to add. Please thoughtfully consider the impacts of the moves you add before adding them.

Also, please consider how certain stat changes will impact the brokenness of a mega. For instance, Diggersby is viable in OU with 56/78 Attack/Speed stats. Medicham, despite having 60/80 Attack/Speed stats, is not viable. This means that if Diggersby retains Huge Power on mega evolution, it should probably have stats that are significantly worse than Mega Medicham's 100/100 Attack/Speed stats.

Providing calculations that demonstrate your mega's viability and balance will make me (and others) more likely to vote for it when the time comes.

I will not be submitting this round, since I will likely be endorsing The Reptile's or zerobreaker000's submissions. They are good examples of balanced Megas (though idk about Wonder Room).
The things that IMO makes Diggs more viable than Medi are just the setup moves... Swords Dance destroys slow paced teams while Agility destroys offense... also Normal + Ground as much better neutral coverage than Psychic + Fighting as STABs... Normal + Steel is a MUCH worse STAB combination to compensate those high stats...

However lemme see what can I do to make more balanced mons... I also hate making something broken and I must agree that Shift Gear isn't the best option to avoid that U_U Maybe another move can make Mega Diggs not so broken I guess...

Edit: My proposals are edited again... can you see them nightsitter please?

Last edited:
You do realize that adding Extreme Speed to the mega move pool also adds it to the base form, right? So while the mega is okay with Simple, base Diggersby gets Swords Dance + Huge Power with Extreme Speed. It reaches 928 Atk, which is roughly equivalent to your mega's 951, without sacrificing a mega slot. Not to mention a Choice Band set.
Simple Bulk Up is quite neat, barring the susceptibility to burn and toxic.
Is that better? I removed e-speed, switched the stat spread around, and added refresh as an option for dealing with status affects.

Teeter Dance is also inappropriate, since all it does is add more possibilities for hax.
How is Teeter Dance inappropriate? Mega Lopunny learns it, but never uses it because it doesn't have room for it on its moveset. In fact, Teeter Dance is almost never used by any Pokemon, because it's the most unreliable form of hax, even less so than Zap Cannon and Dynamic Punch without No Guard; the only Pokemon that uses any confusion move other than Dynamic Punch since the ban on Swagger is Regigigas.

tl;dr Teeter Dance is a waste of a moveslot on Diggersby, mega or not.

You don't have to add a new move to every Pokemon. Some of the best-designed Megas are simple.
How is Teeter Dance inappropriate? Mega Lopunny learns it, but never uses it because it doesn't have room for it on its moveset. In fact, Teeter Dance is almost never used by any Pokemon, because it's the most unreliable form of hax, even less so than Zap Cannon and Dynamic Punch without No Guard; the only Pokemon that uses any confusion move other than Dynamic Punch since the ban on Swagger is Regigigas.

tl;dr Teeter Dance is a waste of a moveslot on Diggersby, mega or not.
Exactly. No point in adding it.
The things that IMO makes Diggs more viable than Medi are just the setup moves... Swords Dance destroys slow paced teams while Agility destroys offense... also Normal + Ground as much better neutral coverage than Psychic + Fighting as STABs... Normal + Steel is a MUCH worse STAB combination to compensate those high stats...

However lemme see what can I do to make more balanced mons... I also hate making something broken and I must agree that Shift Gear isn't the best option to avoid that U_U Maybe another move can make Mega Diggs not so broken I guess...

Edit: My proposals are edited again... can you see them nightsitter please?
Move addition looks more balanced. Speed might be a liiiiiittle crazy, but that's just my opinion. Nice.

Move addition looks more balanced. Speed might be a liiiiiittle crazy, but that's just my opinion. Nice.
Whoooooohoooooo! x3

I Know the speed tier is good... but is far from reliable when Keldeo has the same speed than you and can finish your mega easily... base 108 is amazing when you consider it against stall, but it's pretty mediocre against offense, unless you go with Agility... but Agility + Swords Dance doesn't seem as good, considering that your ground oves are weaker now...

Also while 81 Base Strength = 522/574 Attack is a lot for a 108 Base speed, you should use your mega slot to get those on a poké that can easily fall to every Vacuum Wave or Mach Punch... I see that around A+ Viability but far from being unstoppable :3

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Diggersby-Mega
Ability: Pickup / Cheek Pouch / Huge Power (HA) ---> Skill Link
Typing: Normal/Ground ---> Same
Stats:
HP 85 ---> 85
Atk 56 ---> 126 (+70)
Def 77 ---> 87 (+10)
SpA 50 ---> 20 (-30)
SpD 85 ---> 105 (+20)
Spe 77 ---> 107(+30)
BST 423 ---> 523 (+100)
New moves: Bone Rush
Reasoning: It's a Diggersby which is weaker but more powerful with consideration. The lack of Huge Power makes it up by Skill Link, which gives it a solid STAB with Bone Rush. It still has Return and all it's other moves to make up for some loss and Swords Dance is pretty much the most effective way, as it's slight bulk buff will make it live longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)