Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To retain at least a little flavor for Scald, we decided to remove Mega Dewgong's secondary Ice typing. This will also make it more useful as a tank, now that it isn't weak to SR, Fighting coverage, etc. Tagging En Passant for the change

Also just to let you guys know, here are some minor changes we made to other megas:
Mesprit gets Sheer Force instead of Overwhelm (Complex ability, excessive new abilities)
Darmanitan Y has been removed. Darmanitan X is now just Darmanitan. (OP ability, excessive X/Y megas)
Mamoswine gets Mold Breaker instead of Brute Force (OP ability)
Dream Fulfillment no longer has 50% damage boost and is now called Dreamer (Complex ability, and we just didn't like the name)
Chandelure gets Levitate instead of Spirit Absorb (Excessive new abilities)

Sorry if this comes across as rude, but I don't entirely see the point in this beyond maybe reliving all the fun making this was. This project died because of coding, no one cared about it being unbalanced. Unless you know how to get it properly coded it's not gonna end any better than it did before.

Apparently you missed the memo of "I just coded the four Megas." If it works correctly, anybody can copy-paste for the rest of the Megas.

Tagging Snaquaza so we can bug him to put this on Aqua.

Apparently I did.

You went the "code a stone for every mega" route which should avoid the problems the previous code had. The only issue I see is finding a server where the admin doesn't mind a shit load of MFA-exclusive items in the team builder.

Apparently I did.

You went the "code a stone for every mega" route which should avoid the problems the previous code had. The only issue I see is finding a server where the admin doesn't mind a shit load of MFA-exclusive items in the team builder.
aqua.psim.us
(It already has over 200 formats)

None of which affect the team builder. I mean, I can totally see Snaquaza being chill with it, but understand that he may not be given that by completion you're adding ~300 items that only have relevance in one of the 200+ formats.

=D So glad we got this back up and running again! Is it too late to rejoin the council? ;)
I don't know what you guys have coded (or re-coded, potentially) so far, but I remember that I coded about a dozen or so abilities somewhere on my computer for the beta testing. I can see if I can dig them up again if you need em. There's a good chance some of them might not be in use anymore since we're cutting down on unnecessary abilities--a good decision, in my opinion.

Also, I agree that using one Mega Stone for all Megas will be much, much easier than individual stones. I remember I spent a few hours typing out the names of each stone last year... not fun.

Last edited:
=D So glad we got this back up and running again! Is it too late to rejoin the council? ;)
I don't know what you guys have coded (or re-coded, potentially) so far, but I remember that I coded about a dozen or so abilities somewhere on my computer for the beta testing. I can see if I can dig them up again if you need em. There's a good chance some of them might not be in use anymore since we're cutting down on unnecessary abilities--a good decision, in my opinion.

Also, I agree that using one Mega Stone for all Megas will be much, much easier than individual stones. I remember I spent a few hours typing out the names of each stone last year... not fun.
I definitely agree, I think that's where the issue in our code was though.
I still have the old github from before NotACoolName took over, so take what you need (some of the code is completely broken...)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so I didn't read this before. Yeah, sure I can put the new 'mons on Aqua, but it's impossible for me to get the items in the teambuilder. You'd have to use import/export to get them, since adding items to the teambuilder is a very complicated progress.

That said, I still think it's easier to have one stone to mega evolve everything. I'd probably even be able to code this.

Okay, so I didn't read this before. Yeah, sure I can put the new 'mons on Aqua, but it's impossible for me to get the items in the teambuilder. You'd have to use import/export to get them, since adding items to the teambuilder is a very complicated progress.

That said, I still think it's easier to have one stone to mega evolve everything. I'd probably even be able to code this.
I think it would be easy to do that if we do get rid of the X & Y Megas eventually (aside from the canon ones). Especially because if you look at most of them, many try to do similar things unlike Charizard and Mewtwo.

So yeah we're gonna do the vote offs for non-canon X and Y megas. Five will be "quick-discarded" for various reasons. The rest will be up to you!
Articuno Y gained Snow Warning and little else, making it yet another example of why Ice types just don't work like that.
Basculin Y is too similar to Mega Sharpedo.
Drifblim X will be removed as part of the effort to cut down on unnecessary abilities. Rotom-Fan will changed eventually too, as it is the only other user of Clear Sky.
Electrode X is far too similar to Mega Jolteon, whom we just introduced in the first set.
Escavalier X has Precision, which is one of those abilities that we're trying to cut. Ambipom will also be changed later (maybe just with Technician).
I'll leave these guys in the spreadsheet for a day or two so you can see all the details before I delete them.

Now it's time for the fun part! Each of you can PM me your vote for which ones of Arcanine, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, and Golurk get to remain. Please (obviously) only vote for one of each Pokemon. The one you name in your PM should be the one that you want to keep. I'll report the results around this time tomorrow.

Spreadsheet that contains information on Arcanine, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, and Golurk

When we made the X/Y mages the extra moves were pooled between both submissions. Are we gonna go back and remove the moves added from the now removed mega (I do not have the English skills to word that elegantly.)

When we made the X/Y mages the extra moves were pooled between both submissions. Are we gonna go back and remove the moves added from the now removed mega (I do not have the English skills to word that elegantly.)
Yes, the moves will almost certainly be removed, unless something weird comes up

The winners, all of which were decided by 4-3 scores:

Arcanine Y (Awareness) - Loses Blaze Kick
Ferrothorn X (Bulletproof) - Loses Drill Run and Stone Edge
Gliscor X (Grounded)
Golurk Y (Grounded)

Now I suppose you may PM me your votes on which Heatmor and Noctowl to keep. See the spreadsheet for details.

Any progress on the implementation/code for the universal mega stone?

Both X's won, yet again by the same scoreline (4-1 this time). In more detail:

Heatmor X (Contrary) - Loses Aura Sphere, Scald, and Earth Power
Noctowl X (Quick-Witted) - Loses Heal Bell, Will-O-Wisp, and Wish

Hopefully this thing gets implemented soon so we can test out Zapdos, Cobalion, Jolteon, and Dewgong

Also triple post, woo

Hmmmmm well I really thoughr that I had an origonal idea until I asked on the forum and got redirected to this thread...

I've gotta say that I personally think that while some new abilities are kinda normal (considering they are just variations from some that already exist), some others are just plain broken... Immunity to hazards and abilities that just reverses immunities are pretty strong (Mega Lopunny says Hello) and should be used really carefully...

Also, about the megas... Some of them are just really tough to deal with... Have you thought how killer could be Diggersby with just a little bit more speed and power, considering that already have a STAB that hits Normal only resists on Steel and Rock? (Diggs it's already BL, which is almost OU) then you just have to see Mega Farfetch'd... 95 base attack and 85 base speed are just TOO MUCH IMO... Considering that you also made it decently bulky and can set up an Agility with ease... Mega Mawile was broken just because its ability to revenge kill with Sucker Punch even unstabbed, and Mega Farfetch'd is faster and almost as strong... Also have higher BP moves...

And while some are pretty broken, some others are just... Absurdly underwhelming... Why should I use Mega Azumarill? It has mediocre stats considering other megas and while it does have a nice typing, just using Soundproof its a HUGE downgrade on such a nice Pokemon...

Don't take me wrong... Many of those Megavolutions are pretty cool and balanced which is a hard job to do considering that they have to be relevant and not too outclassed by others, but some need a lot of work...

I've also gotta say that I would love to share my particular opinions on the whole list, but I dunno if its proper... Also I have a few Megas created by myself that might get some interest from you guys... So, let me know if the proper way to send my opinions and proposals is this way or maybe for a private message!

See ya!

Hmmmmm well I really thoughr that I had an origonal idea until I asked on the forum and got redirected to this thread...

I've gotta say that I personally think that while some new abilities are kinda normal (considering they are just variations from some that already exist), some others are just plain broken... Immunity to hazards and abilities that just reverses immunities are pretty strong (Mega Lopunny says Hello) and should be used really carefully...

Also, about the megas... Some of them are just really tough to deal with... Have you thought how killer could be Diggersby with just a little bit more speed and power, considering that already have a STAB that hits Normal only resists on Steel and Rock? (Diggs it's already BL, which is almost OU) then you just have to see Mega Farfetch'd... 95 base attack and 85 base speed are just TOO MUCH IMO... Considering that you also made it decently bulky and can set up an Agility with ease... Mega Mawile was broken just because its ability to revenge kill with Sucker Punch even unstabbed, and Mega Farfetch'd is faster and almost as strong... Also have higher BP moves...

And while some are pretty broken, some others are just... Absurdly underwhelming... Why should I use Mega Azumarill? It has mediocre stats considering other megas and while it does have a nice typing, just using Soundproof its a HUGE downgrade on such a nice Pokemon...

Don't take me wrong... Many of those Megavolutions are pretty cool and balanced which is a hard job to do considering that they have to be relevant and not too outclassed by others, but some need a lot of work...

I've also gotta say that I would love to share my particular opinions on the whole list, but I dunno if its proper... Also I have a few Megas created by myself that might get some interest from you guys... So, let me know if the proper way to send my opinions and proposals is this way or maybe for a private message!

See ya!
Hello there. Nice for you to take interest in this Meta. Most, if not all, of the Megas were developed in a vacuum with no current oversight. That's why we have a mostly-busy-with-real-life council going over to see what needs to be toned down or buffed. That's also why we're slowly introducing them about 4 at a time right now.

No one is gonna put a gun to your head if you post your thoughts and suggestions, and the council would have to be pretty stupid to ignore them if they were well thought out.

Mmmmm but how could I know which ones were already tested? Also... How can I contribute? :3

Well... I have a few creations xD (around 300 right now and growing bigger every day)

Something like:

Mega Butterfree 1: Bug/Psychic
HP: 60
Atk: 25 (-20)
Def: 80 (+30)
SpA: 120 (+30)
SpD: 110 (+30)
Spe: 100 (+30)
Ability: Tinted Lens
Added moves: Psyshock

Why this mega could be viable but not broken on OU?
Bug/Psychic while isn't an amazing typing neither at offense nor defense, it does have some nice perks that Butterfree can use. That typing helps Butterfree to not have a 4X SR weakness and with Tinted Lens, it can have two STABs that can deal neutral damage to almost every threat in OU! Also the increased bulk can help Butterfree to set up at least a Quiver Dance with relative ease and having the option of dealing with some counters using Sleep Powder is a nice plus while +1 fully invested 120 SpA can deal really nice damage against a few things.

However isn't going to be broken for sure... Excellent Neutral coverage isn't enough because Butterfree will need more than one or two boosts to get through bulky mons with neutral attacks, 60-80-110 while decent in the special side, usually doesn't use a recovery move unless you wanna use a Mono attacking Butterfree (it is usable but helpless against 4x bug resists like Heatran, Klefki, Togekiss, Talonflame and Skarmory). Finally while 100 is a better speed tier, its still slower than a lot of pokes in OU metagame, which will means that Butter should get damage or status before being able to setup!

Offensive Calcs:
+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 198-234 (51.2 - 60.6%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 306-360 (91.6 - 107.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 204-240 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 250-294 (83.6 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 276-324 (86.5 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Bug Buzz vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 228-270 (64.5 - 76.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Defensive Calcs:
252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Butterfree: 217-256 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Butterfree: 211-250 (80.8 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Butterfree: 122-146 (46.7 - 55.9%) -- 77.3% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Hoopa Unbound Dark Pulse vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Butterfree: 218-258 (83.5 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Anothe Butterfree creation is:

Mega Butterfree 2: Bug/Flying
HP: 60
Atk: 15 (-30)
Def: 80 (+30)
SpA: 130 (+40)
SpD: 100 (+20)
Spe: 110 (+40)
Ability: Compoundeyes
Added moves: Hurricane/Focus Blast

The problem that a lot of QD pokes have is the lack of coverage... With Hurricane and Focus Blast, Butterfree gets a suprising amount of coverage, that is at first glance plagued by a lack of accuracy. However Compoundeyes helps a bit transforming 70% accuracy into 91% accuracy, affecting also Sleep Powder!
130/110 offensive prowess (the same as Espeon and Latios) with a Speed and Special Attack boosting move can be pretty scary considering High powered moves like Focus Blast, Hurricane and Bug Buzz and all of them still have secondary effects.
However it still not be broken, because of its typing... With SR being anywhere on OU and with Gale Wings being a huge problem (also with a not so hot 60-80-100 bulk) it couldn't even get into OU but UU or something like that! But it still be troubling if its well used!

Offensive Calcs:

+1 252+ SpA Butterfree Hurricane vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus-T: 179-211 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ SpA Butterfree Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 314-370 (81.5 - 96.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ SpA Butterfree Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 294-346 (45.7 - 53.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Butterfree Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 276-325 (65.2 - 76.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 SpA Butterfree Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 246-289 (62.4 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Defensive Calcs:
252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Butterfree: 212-252 (81.2 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Butterfree: 198-234 (75.8 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Mandibuzz Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Butterfree: 218-260 (83.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Butterfree: 146-174 (55.9 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Butterfree: 153-181 (58.6 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Butterfree: 204-242 (78.1 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Butterfree: 217-256 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Why to change what we have right now?
Well, Bug/Psychic isn't the best typing with no immunities and weakness to common Dark, Fire and Flying Moves which makes it hard to switch in without receiving damage (Lugia and Dragonite both have better bulk or typing with immunities to switch in) and to keep multiscale intact. Also 60-80-90 bulk is poor for a mega and a multiscale user... Another not so hot thing is that 80 speed still misses a few things at +1(it gets outspeed by positive natured base 145 Spe, with no boosts that are actually pretty offensive megas like M-Alakazam, M-Aerodactyl and practically any scarfer) and its really underwhelming at +0 especially with that bulk...
The actual stat distribution reminds me of Beautifly, since it does have usable SpA but with lower speed, bad bulk and non attacking boosts which makes it almost unusable, while at least base 100 or 110 does have a better chance at setupping a QD and then sweep or just attacking against those pokes that can outspeed and destroy...

Whaddaya think guys? :3

Edit 1: since I don't like doubleposts I'm going to keep adding megavolutions! :3

Mega Venusaur Z: Grass/Steel
HP: 80
Atk: 122 (+40)
Def: 93 (+10)
SpA: 130 (+30)
SpD: 100 (+0)
Spe: 100 (+20)
Ability: Sap Sipper
Added moves: Heavy Slam, Flash Cannon

Well, Grass/Steel has been a really nice offensive and defensive type as Ferrothorn demonstrated! However Mega Venu Z is taking the opposing route going offensive with a nice but not amazing bulk to take some hits thanks to a huge array of resistances. Mega Venu Z can play mind games since Mega Venu XY is neutral to fire and resistant to fighting that are the two weaknesses of Mega Venu Z.

123/130/100 are nice attacking stats and can be evved mixed to hit a few things. Also, while 100 isn't a huge speed tier, its good enough for a poke with the ability to shrug a lot of attacks thanks to the coveted grass/steel typing!

Also, while its typing is a plus, its defensive stats are not as amazing as the typing... 80/93/100 while decent, it can still be less than optimal to avoid taking a lot of damage from fire and fighting attacks and it can't punish physical attackers as Ferrothorn because of its ability... Then, while Sap Sipper is nice to get an attacking boost, Grass attacks aren't as frequent on OU as they are on lower tiers and Venusaur already have ways to boost its attack and it would love more a way to boost its speed.

Edit 2

Mega Blastoise Z: Water
HP: 79
Atk: 103 (+20)
Def: 130 (+30)
SpA: 100 (+15)
SpD: 140 (+35)
Spe: 78 (+0)
Ability: Serene Grace
Added moves: No new Moves

Heck... this mega is almost the same as Suicune, without the ability to heal passively with Lefties or without the ability to Calm Mind... so, why would you use that? the answer is simple: Serene Grace boosting the chances on Burning enemies with Scald, paralyzing some others with Body Slam and then going flinching with Rock Slide (60%), Waterfall, Zen Headbutt or Dark Pulse (40%)... While this seems like a cheap option, Togekiss always demonstrated how effective it could be.

Finally this pokémon is far from broken because its bulk is nearly similar to Suicune (Which is UU ATM) and its even slower... even if Serene Grace can be pretty disgusting, still Electric Types can deal with Mega Blastoise Z since almost all of them are special and do not mind a Scald burn a lot.

Finally, Non invested attacks aren't going to deal with many stall teams that can still get the best of Mega Blastoise Z, since if it does run a lot of Serene Grace moves, it will get slowly broken down by its enemies because it doesn't have reliable recovery...

Edit 3

Mega Beedrill Z: Bug/Poison
HP: 65
Atk: 60 (-30)
Def: 40 (+0)
SpA: 145 (+100)
SpD: 80 (+0)
Spe: 105 (+30)
Ability: Speed Boost
Added moves: Bug Buzz

Mega Beedrill Z is the opposite of Mega Beedrill XY being special instead of physical... Bug Buzz/Sludge Bomb can hit hard coming from 145 SpA and while 105 speed is not stellar, it can outspeed a really huge bunch of the meta after a speed boost... Heck, you can even run Modest if you use Protect and still outrun a lot of pokes. Also, Beedrill has a really nice option in Baton Pass! Doing that, Beedrill can also support its team passing the speed boosts while dishing decent damage.

Another cool thing about being opposite of Beedrill XY is that you can play mind games about which mega you have, and people expecting a Protect and getting a sub will get hit through it by Bug Buzz. Another mind game is using Mega Bee Z as a quick defogger on an expected Protect, to further aiding the team.

However, this isn't going to be broken since it doesn't have any ways to boost its special attack and its coverage isn't exactly amazing. The worst part of mega Beedrill Z is just the bulk... Its bulk is just abysmal and every Aqua Jet, Ice Shard, Sucker Punch and Extreme Speed will get a huge chunk of health bypassing every single speed boost that it could get.

Last edited:
Hi im new here! I really want to submit my idea for mega accelgor. I also have made my own mega accelgor's design.

I dont know if it's still allowed to submit or not. if my post violates the rule then just drop it.

Type: Bug -> Bug/Dark
Ability: Unburden -> Intimidate
New Moves: taunt

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 70 -> 134 (+64)
Def: 40 -> 40
SpA: 100 -> 100
SpD: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Spe: 145 -> 151 (+6)

Flavor Concept: its rippened collar and wings are perfected in shape and becomes like a high collar cape. the membrans covering its arms is rippened and reveals black tough arms. Its arms even grow spike on each elbows. Its helix shape head is unrolled n rearranged into a side swept bangs almost similiar to darkrai's. its skin color is darkened.

Competitive Concept: accelgor has many good physical moves. And it's time to change its role. It has a very cool devilish design like darkrai that intimidates its oppnents. Its new revealed spiky elbow arms makes it able to attack physically hard. Its high cape collar gives more protection to sp.def. And its darkened spirit loves taunting his opponent. and still, mega evolution will let accelgor to regain the title of 3rd fastest pokemon with 151 base stat speed.

Intimidate will help its poor defense. With extra spdef, it can switch in into smething it resists. It now has a high attack that U-turn and knock off is going to rock n roll! Both is a must moves for accelgor! It can still pack hidden power well with 100 base satk for some coverage (hp ice/fire/ground/rock). Taunt is to keep hazards n status away. 151 speed will make it the 3rd fastest pokemon like it used to be before mega evo relased.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)