Mega Metagross + Deoxys-Attack Bulky Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

With the recent buffs to Metagross in DLC2 of Scarlet and Violet, I realised that this also unintentionally buffed its Mega as well, as most of its new moves get a Tough Claws boost. So, I tried making a team based off Mega-Metagross.

Building the Team
So, I started off with Mega-Metagross, obviously. Then I looked at its weaknesses, with its main ones being ground and dark. So the perfect partner for Mega-Meta is Yveltal! I decided to use a bulkier set so it can eat hits and hit back with Oblivion Wing or Foul Play.

Then I got a Grimmsnarl. Not only it's another dark resist, but also it can set up screens, use thunder wave and pivot out.

At this point, my team looked really weak to fairies, and Mega-Meta wasn't going survive all the moonblasts and such, even with its monstrous bulk and screens. So I decided to get a Heatran, which also provided other valuable resists, such has steel, ice, dragon and flying (just like Mega-Meta but that's my main attacker, so I don't want it to get hit too much)

Then I noticed that all my mons take at least neutral damage to fighting, so I got a scarf Gholdengo with trick and tera fairy dazzling gleam. It was also a nice check to defoggers who want to remove my screens as well as my rocks from Heatran.

To round off the team, I added a Deoxys-Attack. I made it a mixed attacker, as it really can't just be a physical or special. It's so frail anyways that it doesn't really matter. It also provided raw power and priority in Extreme Speed.

The team did pretty well, but the Gholdengo wasn't hitting as hard as I hoped, so I swapped it out for an Arceus-Fairy, and that pulled a lot more work than the golden boy. So in the end, this is how my team looks.

The Team Build

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Psychic Fangs
- Heavy Slam
- Power-Up Punch

This is the main star of the show, Mega-Metagross. It gained much better moves in the DLC2, and all are affected by Tough Claws. This gives Psychic Fangs 110.5 base power and Heavy Slam will have 156 base power at best, but most of the time it should be between 78 and 130, thanks to how damn heavy Mega-Meta is. I used Agility for a more immediate speed boost. One Agility will be able to outspeed most speedy mons, outspeeding even fully invested Deoxys-Speed, so the only mons that can outspeed it after an Agility are really fast pokemon with scarfs, or Regieleki. You can used Trailblaze to also boost your speed, but I haven't tested it.
I also have Power-Up Punch to boost my attack as well as covering for Steel types. The EV spread is simply just fully invested in Attack, and mix the remaining EVs on bulk.

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 204 Def / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Defog
- U-turn

Yveltal is my all in one tool. It is a tank, hazard remover and a pivot all in one. It is one of my most valuable team members with all the roles it has been given. It is quite simple, the set. Defog to remove hazards, U-turn to pivot, Oblivion Wing for recovery and hitting Fighting types, and Foul Play to punish opposing physical attackers. It has Tera Poison to turn its main weakness, Fairy, into a resist, though you can replace it with Tera Steel.

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Parting Shot

Grimmsnarl is just here to set up screens, thunder wave a few threatening opponents, and leave with parting shot. Very straightforward. I chose thunder wave over moves like Spirit Break and Taunt because NatDex Ubers has several speedy threats, so paralysis is far more helpful. I am foregoing the ability for Grimmsnarl to touch Dark-Types, and makes it useless against fast taunt users, such as Deoxys-Speed. However, I feel like the benefits outweigh the costs. Tera Ghost to block Rapid Spin.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Another simple set. Heatran is here to wall fairies that would otherwise bully my team. Stealth rock for hazards, Magma Storm to hit bulky steels and somewhat deal with stall. Toxic is also used in tandem with Magma Storm to punish stall hard, as well as crippling threats in general. Tera Grass needs no introduction.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Earth Power

Arceus-Fairy is here to deal with dark and fighting types. It's really simple as well. All invested in HP and Speed, and just Calm Mind to gain more special bulk. Judgement for great stab, and Earth Power to hit its resistances. Tera Steel for obvious reasons.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

Last but not least. Deoxys-Attack! This is mainly here because I needed priority as well as strong moves in general. Life Orb Deoxys-Attack hits everything like a truck. Tera Normal Extreme Speed is incredibly hard hitting, even if physical attack isn't fully invested (397 attack is not a joke), and the other moves are for coverage.

Threatlist
Major Threats

: Specifically Arceus-Dark. Power-Up Punch on Metagross doesn't do too much, and the only team member that can hit it hard is Arceus-Fairy. However, my fellow Dark types and Heatran are good checks.

: Kingambit's Sucker Punches threaten my team quite a bite, and my dark checks also somehow help Gambit. Yveltal's Dark Aura boosts Supreme Overlord boosted Sucker Punch by a bunch, so Yveltal will be hit hard. My best bet is to hit Kingambit with Judgement from a +1 Arceus-Fairy, and then use Tera Normal Extreme Speed on Deoxys-Attack, and pray I don't get a low roll on both attacks.

: None of my Pokemon can actually hit this for super-effective damage. Mega-Metagross is my best option, but I'm gambling with burn chances.

Moderate Threats

: Heatran is basically my only way to deal meaningful damage to Steel-Flying types, but I can't always rely on a 75% accurate move. Luckily, these three aren't common in Ubers.

: Specifically offensive sets. However, if I have a healthy Arceus-Fairy, and/or a Tera Normal Deoxys, then I can easily take it out.

Those are all the threats I can think of. Of course, there will be more, it's just I haven't fought any yet. I am also open to improvement for my team. At the time of writing this, I only have 1363 ELO on NatDex Ubers (under Hittite Jumpscare). Thank you for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)