SUPER IDOL (Greninja-Ash) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken

Strong Special Attacker, Max Special Attack And Max Speed EVs To Ensure Maximum Power And Speed, Timid Nature Is preferred over Modest Because The Speed Matters More, U-turn Is For Pivoting While Gaining Momentum As Ash-Greninja Forces Switches Extremely Easily, Dark Pulse is DARK TYPE STAB hitting resists neutrally such as AV Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, Hydro Pump is WATER TYPE STAB And Is Used Over Surf Because I Am Running Timid Nature Over Modest, So The Extra Power Matters, Water Shuriken is STAB PRIORITY 1.

FEMINISM (Mawile-Mega) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch

Mega Mawile aka The Most Power Physical Attacker in National Dex OU, 252 Attack EVs For Maximum Power, 168 Speed EVs To Outspeed Sassy Mega Venusaur And Everything Below It, Additionally It Outspeeds Mega Mawiles Using The Standard Smogon EV Spread, So I Can Kill Them Without Risking Speed Tie. Rest EVs Are Dumped Into The HP Stat To Give It More Bulk. Swords Dance Makes it Extremely Powerful, Reaching An Attack Stat of Over 1000 After A Boost (Unfortunately not 9000), Play Rough Is the STAB Move Of Choice, Sucker Punch Gives it Priority, So It Can Pressure Faster Pokemon Who Can Threaten It Out, Thunder Punch Is Used to Hit Pokemons Such As Toxapex, Corviknight, Slowbro. Furthermore, There Is Only 1 Defensive Counter To Mega Mawile, That Is Iron Defense Skarmory Which Can Keep Up With Mega Mawile's Attack Boosts. My Volt-Turn Users Pressure Skarmory Heavily, So That Mega Mawile Can Destroy The Opposing Team.

I AM HORNY (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn Has Decent Synergy With Ash-Greninja And Since I Do Not Run Spikes on Ash-Greninja, Ferrothorn Is My GO-TO Spikes Setter, Also a good Ash-Greninja Check, The EV Spread Allows It To Have Good Defenses on Both Side, Leftovers + Leech Seed Provide Good Enough Recovery For It to Function Properly As its Only Hinderance Is That it Lacks Recovery. Gyro Ball And Power Whip Are STAB MOVES Which Allow Ferrothorn To Actually Deal Damage And Not Be TOO PASSIVE/Setup Fodder.

ZAP DEEZ NUTS (Zapdos) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

My Defogger, Gorillaboom And Kartana Check, Max HP And Max Def EVs Are For Maximum Physical Bulk, Boots Is The Item-of-choice As It Allows Zapdos To Defog And Counter The Pokemon Its Supposed to Counter Better. The Ability, Pressure Allows Zapdos To Stall The PP Of Stealth Rocks So It can Keep Rocks Out Of The Field. Volt Switch To Pivot, Also Forms A Volt-Turn Core With Greninja, Roost For Recovery, Defog For Removing Hazards, Heat Wave To Pressure Mega Scizor And Ferrothorn.

KID CHOPPER (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 144 HP / 72 Atk / 32 Def / 168 SpD / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Stealth Rock Setter, Z Move User, Kid Chopper. Basically Chops Kids (just kidding), The EV Spread Is Made For It To Specifically Live Hits From Some Pokemon, The Remaining Evs Are Put Into Attack For The Additional Power. Stealth Rock For Setting Rocks aka The Most Important Hazard, Fly is Used With Flynium Z To Get Access To Deadly Strong Z Move, Swords Dance To Make It Stronger, Earthquake Is Another Stab.

THE TOP DOG (Arcanine) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Teleport
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Kind Of Filler To Complete the FWG Core, Basically Cheap Heatran But The One Thing Which It Has Better Than Heatran Is Reliable Recovery. Additionally My Only Switch-in To Zard Y. Flamethrower is STAB, Teleport To Pivot, Will-O-Wisp To Burn Physical Attackers Such As Opposing Mega Mawile, Morning Sun For Recovery. The EV Spread Ensures Maximum Special Bulk.

I would change the zapdos set to flyinium z, and the landorus for defog gliscor like so:

Zapdos @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Static
EVs: 88 HP / 204 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Since Gliscor makes this team not automatically lose to Charizard Y, Arcanine can be swapped for Heatran

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

I would change the zapdos set to flyinium z, and the landorus for defog gliscor like so:

Zapdos @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Static
EVs: 88 HP / 204 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Since Gliscor makes this team not automatically lose to Charizard Y, Arcanine can be swapped for Heatran

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
"Since Gliscor makes this team not automatically lose to Charizard Y"

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 244 HP / 100 SpD Gliscor in Sun: 321-378 (91.1 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
mhm?

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey! I'll try to rate this team to the best of ability by first pointing out the major changes needed and then the minor ones.

Major Changes:

:Arcanine: -> :Heatran:
Arcanine is generally unviable and doesn't really provide support for certain threats like Heatran can. Heatran is able to help you pivot around Mega Charizard Y as well as Victini; both of which pose as big threats. Heatran is also able to set Stealth Rock for you to wear down Ash-Greninja's and Mega Mawile's counters. I recommend an offensive set with either Firium or Steelium Z.

:Zapdos: -> :Tapu Fini:
Zapdos isn't the best Defog user as it loses to most Stealth Rock setters. You're also really weak to Ash Greninja, so Tapu Fini compresses those two roles. Although it may lack recovery, it's exceptional bulk and utility allows it to consistently switch in to Defog hazards. Having a bulky Fairy-type is also quite nice for Kyurem.

Minor Changes:

:Mawile-Mega:
Mega Mawile generally wants Knock Off over Thunder Punch to hit Ferrothorn although at the cost of only being able to hit Toxapex for neutral damage. Just something to consider.

:Ferrothorn:
Considering this team is quite Kyurem weak, Ferrothorn should be the team's dedicated counter to it. Gyro Ball is counterproductive in that sense due to SubRoost Kyurem being able to PP stall it. Iron Head prevents that and allows you to pressure Kyurem. The EV spread should be fixed too.

:Landorus-Therian:
I'm not exactly sure what that EV spread is for but I don't believe you need it. Landorus-T should be changed to a Choice Scarf set for speed control since you already have a Stealth Rock setter.

Final Team:

https://pokepast.es/ffa5832e69e1e0f4

Hey! I'll try to rate this team to the best of ability by first pointing out the major changes needed and then the minor ones.

Major Changes:

:Arcanine: -> :Heatran:
Arcanine is generally unviable and doesn't really provide support for certain threats like Heatran can. Heatran is able to help you pivot around Mega Charizard Y as well as Victini; both of which pose as big threats. Heatran is also able to set Stealth Rock for you to wear down Ash-Greninja's and Mega Mawile's counters. I recommend an offensive set with either Firium or Steelium Z.

:Zapdos: -> :Tapu Fini:
Zapdos isn't the best Defog user as it loses to most Stealth Rock setters. You're also really weak to Ash Greninja, so Tapu Fini compresses those two roles. Although it may lack recovery, it's exceptional bulk and utility allows it to consistently switch in to Defog hazards. Having a bulky Fairy-type is also quite nice for Kyurem.

Minor Changes:

:Mawile-Mega:
Mega Mawile generally wants Knock Off over Thunder Punch to hit Ferrothorn although at the cost of only being able to hit Toxapex for neutral damage. Just something to consider.

:Ferrothorn:
Considering this team is quite Kyurem weak, Ferrothorn should be the team's dedicated counter to it. Gyro Ball is counterproductive in that sense due to SubRoost Kyurem being able to PP stall it. Iron Head prevents that and allows you to pressure Kyurem. The EV spread should be fixed too.

:Landorus-Therian:
I'm not exactly sure what that EV spread is for but I don't believe you need it. Landorus-T should be changed to a Choice Scarf set for speed control since you already have a Stealth Rock setter.

Final Team:

https://pokepast.es/ffa5832e69e1e0f4
I'll surely consider Knock Off over Thunder Punch on Mega Mawile.
As for the Ferrothorn, I've already changed Gyro Ball To Iron Head after bumping into some kyurem's in showdown which decimated my defensive core.
I agree with Zapdos not being the best defogger but Tapu Fini over it? wouldn't that give me 2 water types?
The only reason i used arcanine over heatran was that it was able to switch-in to Mega Charizard Y safely, also has reliable recovery.
Landorus's EVs let it beat volcarona and blacephalon after switching into them once, volcarona mainly because it pressures my whole team and since arcanine doesn't have toxic, it cannot cripple the volcarona, while i can kill it with mega mawile's sucker punch into ash greninja's water shuriken, having a defensive switch-in is always nice.
Zapdos is able to switchin to Non-CB Victini decently well aswell.

Also the changes make it look quite similar to my mega pinsir team so i wouldn't just want a different mega and the rest of the team nearly identical.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
I'll surely consider Knock Off over Thunder Punch on Mega Mawile.
As for the Ferrothorn, I've already changed Gyro Ball To Iron Head after bumping into some kyurem's in showdown which decimated my defensive core.
I agree with Zapdos not being the best defogger but Tapu Fini over it? wouldn't that give me 2 water types?
The only reason i used arcanine over heatran was that it was able to switch-in to Mega Charizard Y safely, also has reliable recovery.
Landorus's EVs let it beat volcarona and blacephalon after switching into them once, volcarona mainly because it pressures my whole team and since arcanine doesn't have toxic, it cannot cripple the volcarona, while i can kill it with mega mawile's sucker punch into ash greninja's water shuriken, having a defensive switch-in is always nice.
Zapdos is able to switchin to Non-CB Victini decently well aswell.

Also the changes make it look quite similar to my mega pinsir team so i wouldn't just want a different mega and the rest of the team nearly identical.
Tapu Fini actually helps you deal with Volcarona and Blacephalon so your Landorus-T doesn't need all those EVs. Having two Water-types isn't problematic at all since they each do a different role. Problem with Arcanine is even with proper recovery, your team essentially loses to Tapu Lele, even with Heatran the team is quite weak to it. Tapu Fini switches into Non-CB Victini even better than Zapdos.

Completely irrelevant: Mega Pinsir is usually used on HO so I'm surprised it has a similar composition haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)