Battle Spot Mega Gallade Sweeper Team

Okay, I've looked everywhere for someone to help me with a team. My team is mostly focused on sweeping, with a Hazer on the side.

Gallade @ Galladite
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Steadfast
-Bulk Up
-Psycho Cut
-Poison Jab
-Reflect

Staraptor @ Quick Powder
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Reckless
-Brave Bird
-Endeavor
-Steel Wing
-Roost

Salamence @ No Item
252 HP, 126 Attack, 126 Sp. Attack
Nature: Docile
Ability: Intimidate
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Claw
-Roost

Weezing @ Payapa Berry
171 HP, 170 Defense, 170 Sp. Defense
Nature: Lax (yes, I know, not the best)
Ability: Levitate
-Sludge Bomb
-Rest
-Will-O-Wisp
-Haze

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
have you really looked everywhere?

Battle Spot Singles Hub: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/battle_spot_singles/
Teambuilding Help: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...on-help-thread-read-post-453-page-19.3500348/
Battle Spot Chatroom on PS: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespot

These should all help you out! :)

As for your RMT, it's currently breaking some rules. Most notably it isn't finished! You also need to write descriptions for each Pokemon so we know why you chose them / what they do. An RMT mod will no doubt be along shortly to lock this I'm afraid, but before that I'll comment on what you've got... At a glance, nothing in your team is actually viable or have their optimum sets, so basically I'll just fix them because that's probably easiest...
Gallade @ Galladite
Nature: Lonely Jolly
Ability: Steadfast
-Bulk Up Swords Dance
-Psycho Cut Zen Headbutt
-Poison Jab Close Combat
-Reflect Ice Punch
A lot to be fixed here. Firstly, Lonely doesn't make sense as the choice of nature since you're lowering your defense stat for no reason. Adamant is the superior option, however I've gone with Jolly because you need to take advantage of Mega Gallade's great speed tier. Swords Dance because you need as much power as possible. Zen Headbutt is stronger than Psycho cut so that's a no-brainer. Psychic / Poison coverage leaves you walled by Steel- and Dark-types, so why not use Gallade's Fighting-STAB? Ice Punch gives great coverage against things like Mega Salamence, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Dragonite etc...
Staraptor @ Quick Powder Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Reckless
-Brave Bird
-Endeavor Double-Edge
-Steel Wing Close Combat
-Roost U-turn
Quick Powder only works with Ditto... A Choice item works great with Staraptor since it allows it to hit like a truck or really quickly. Double-Edge as a secondary STAB option is much better than Endeavor (unless using a Focus Sash), Close Combat provides coverage against Rock- and Steel-types, and U-turn gets you out of a bad matchup.
Salamence @ Salamencite
252 HP, 126 Attack, 126 Sp. Attack 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Docile Rash
Ability: Intimidate
-Earthquake Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Claw Hyper Voice
-Roost Double-Edge
Mega Salamence seems like the obvious choice if you don't know which item to use. Because Battle Spot Singles is bring-6, pick-3, you can choose which mega of the two you have to bring each game. If you don't want to use a second mega then you could try a Choice Specs set with Hydro Pump over Hyper Voice and Dragon Pulse over Double-Edge. Your EV spread also doesn't work, you shouldn't just split the leftover 256 into two stats... The rule of thumb is that for level 50 battles, your EVs should be divisible by 4 but not 8. so the pattern is 4, 12, 20, 28, 36 etc... 126 in a stat wastes two EVs as 124 gives the same stat.
Weezing @ Payapa Berry Black Sludge
171 HP, 170 Defense, 170 Sp. Defense 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Lax Bold
Ability: Levitate
-Sludge Bomb
-Rest Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
-Haze Clear Smog / Fire Blast
This Pokemon just flat out doesn't make sense. Firstly, Weezing is not good in the BSS metagame. A Payapa Berry is not good as Psychic-type moves are not terribly common and you should just switch out fo them anyway, there are also much better options for Weezing such as Black Sludge. Again, you've just split your EVs three-ways instead of investing them properly. Lax is a bad nature and you should not use it. The moves aren't actually too bad, but Pain Split is better than Rest, and Haze isn't really worth it in BSS (especially when Clear Smog does the same thing).

Anyway, that's about all I can do for you. I strongly suggest you check out the resources I linked up the top. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or check out the chatroom and ask there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)