SM OU Mega Gallade Offense

This team might be bad I am literally building this as im typing.
Image result for mega gallade gif
Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
I am using mega galade as my mega cause i dont really use it. Its job is too mainly be a wallbreaker for the team.Just set up on a predicted switch and just push buttons.I was thinking about putting ice punch instead of knock off for mons like lando and chomp but needed to knock off items on mons like chansey's eviolite and choice items.
Image result for tapu lele gif

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Tapu Lele is another addition to this team because of its ability. Psychic Surge boosts the power of psychic type moves and takes away priority from the likes of greninja and mega sciz.I also added lele too help boost up gallade's STAB psychic move.Secs is the item i chose on lele cause after looking a bit on smogon there are some calcs of specs lele. some are that it OHKOs mega scizor and ferrothorn with Hidden power and 2HKOes max HP heatran after a layer of spikes or OHKOed afyer chip from team members
Image result for volcarona  gif

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground],
Volcarona is gonna be my Z move user, its offensive too fit the theme of offensive and i also dont like bulky volcarona. Volcarona can be a check to a lot of things, it can 2HKO a max HP max spDef celesteela and do 54% to AV magearna without a boost.HIdden power ground is of course for heatran which is 2HKOed(specially defensive set from smogon).
Image result for tornadus therian gif
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 64 SpA / 124 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
Tornadus will be my defogger and a pivot.U-turn is there for momentum and i can just use it as an earthquake switch in for mons with weaker defense stats like lele.Knock off is there for the same reason as gallade.
Related image
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Landorous T is my scarfer and a lot of scarfers use u turn to switch out of sticky situations like against opposing lando or against mega zam to switch directly into weavile predicting a psychic or a switch out for the zam.Earthquake is reliable stab and stone edge is coverage against volcarona victini and zapdos.HIdden power ice are for mons like garchomp and opposing lando.
Image result for ferrothorn gifs

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
Ferrothorn is my hazard setter and a defensive piviot for mon like lele and galade.Basically i set up hazards and keep ferrothorn healthy just so it can help fro teamates​

I'm pretty sure you have to playtest it first but ok.
You don't need knock off, CC kills Chansey anyways, and Ice Punch kills the much hated Chomp,Lando-T, and Gliscor.
Why 1 Atk IV just use 0 lol (on Lele)
Otherwise Lele set looks fine
Can u explain EVs on Torn-T
Remove Atk EVs and put Timid, physical moves on Torn are solely for utility,
Next I'm thinking you need a secondary defogger, Torn-T often doesn't survive very long as it doesn't provide much late-game and is more sackable than other mons, Defog over Stone Edge on Lando-T you already have HP Ice
On Ferro change to 248/28 not 252/24

PsyducksChili

Banned deucer.
I'm pretty sure you have to playtest it first but ok.
You don't need knock off, CC kills Chansey anyways, and Ice Punch kills the much hated Chomp,Lando-T, and Gliscor.
Why 1 Atk IV just use 0 lol (on Lele)
Otherwise Lele set looks fine
Can u explain EVs on Torn-T
Remove Atk EVs and put Timid, physical moves on Torn are solely for utility,
Next I'm thinking you need a secondary defogger, Torn-T often doesn't survive very long as it doesn't provide much late-game and is more sackable than other mons, Defog over Stone Edge on Lando-T you already have HP Ice
On Ferro change to 248/28 not 252/24
he do need knock, knock is spammed on every mon just because of chansey
1 atk ev makes lit no difference, and those are evs for hp fire
252/24 doesnt matter too much

Also Knock Off helps not being hardwalled walled by psychic types (although not too commonly seen, examples include reuniclus) and extends it's niche over mega medicham

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Also Knock Off helps not being hardwalled walled by psychic types (although not too commonly seen, examples include reuniclus) and extends it's niche over mega medicham
I was waiting for someone to finally say this.

Robot7620 No, we don't run Knock on Gallade for Chansey. Obviously Gallade OHKOs Chansey anyway. It's Gallade. Knock is there for Psychic-types (and also just general utility) so Gallade has a chance of actually beating them. Ice Punch does give it a chance, but it's a significantly lower one.

As for the rest of the team...when building in USUM OU there are three major things you want to make sure you have: a Dark resist, a Psychic answer, and a Ground immunity. You have that last one covered pretty well at the moment, but the other two are pretty shaky at the moment. Ferrothorn is your only real answer to Ash Gren or Zam in the team's current state, which is a pretty big issue. Zam could kill Ferro with Focus Blast if you let it get damaged too much -- at which point it could probably sweep you, especially if your own terrain is up -- and having Ferro as your only Dark resist is a BIG no-no. Ferro can only take one or maybe two Dark Pulses from pre-transformation Gren safely before it's in danger of losing to a potential flinch, and that problem is made even worse by your odd choice to go with Relaxed nature over Sassy.

A Volt Switch Magearna set (either the AV or Heart Swap sets on this page) would probably be helpful for that cause in place of Torn. Sure, it exchanges a Ground immunity for a Ground weakness, but Mag is also a much MUCH better defensive answer to the mons I just mentioned, and you can also Volt Switch out on common Mag switch-ins to something that would beat them, like sending in Gallade to deal with Heatran. Besides, Lando is also a Ground immunity that can learn Defog (replace HP Ice with it.)

I was waiting for someone to finally say this.

Robot7620 No, we don't run Knock on Gallade for Chansey. Obviously Gallade OHKOs Chansey anyway. It's Gallade. Knock is there for Psychic-types (and also just general utility) so Gallade has a chance of actually beating them. Ice Punch does give it a chance, but it's a significantly lower one.

As for the rest of the team...when building in USUM OU there are three major things you want to make sure you have: a Dark resist, a Psychic answer, and a Ground immunity. You have that last one covered pretty well at the moment, but the other two are pretty shaky at the moment. Ferrothorn is your only real answer to Ash Gren or Zam in the team's current state, which is a pretty big issue. Zam could kill Ferro with Focus Blast if you let it get damaged too much -- at which point it could probably sweep you, especially if your own terrain is up -- and having Ferro as your only Dark resist is a BIG no-no. Ferro can only take one or maybe two Dark Pulses from pre-transformation Gren safely before it's in danger of losing to a potential flinch, and that problem is made even worse by your odd choice to go with Relaxed nature over Sassy.

A Volt Switch Magearna set (either the AV or Heart Swap sets on this page) would probably be helpful for that cause in place of Torn. Sure, it exchanges a Ground immunity for a Ground weakness, but Mag is also a much MUCH better defensive answer to the mons I just mentioned, and you can also Volt Switch out on common Mag switch-ins to something that would beat them, like sending in Gallade to deal with Heatran. Besides, Lando is also a Ground immunity that can learn Defog (replace HP Ice with it.)
I'd suggest Mag over Ferro.
They are both bulky steels, Mag overs better bulk, a more expansive movepool, a dark resist, and an answer to lele and zammy
Maybe SR on lando?
Why are we even discussing this anymore, this is so old and not even worth it

is that a better set for tanking ash gren and zam

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)