MATCH OVER, Kaxtar wins! (TotalPotato vs Kaxtar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
MATCH OVER. Feel free to comment.

1 vs 1
DQ: 2 days
No recovery / chill
Items allowed
No abilities

Arena: Derelict Arena

Belonging to the League, this arena is also affectionately known as the "Ghost Town Arena". In the past, it has hosted several important League matches, but in recent years, the League has only spent barely enough money to keep the battle area usable, so all that's left of the arena is a rough chalk outline of a battle area, and a few ramshackle stands for an audience.

The League often sends rookies to battle here, being able to offer low hiring prices because of the place's derelict state. Some say that there's an ulterior motive for keeping the place open, though - the stands are still intact (even if they look on the brink of collapse), but the slightest tremor could destroy them. As well as the damage to any spectators (if there even ARE any), the League doesn't take kindly to their arenas being destroyed, and could legally land the destructor with a hefty fine. This is all just hearsay, of course, but it's best to err on the side of caution...

Summary: Standard battle arena (clay) with stands and a small crowd. Earth-shaking moves (Magnitude, Earthquake, Fissure and others I may have missed) are banned.
Since this is a one-on-one battle, let's look at the choices our challenger's made:

TotalPotato:

Chikorita [Rosemary] (F)

Nature: Relaxed (adds * to Def; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks)

Type:

Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: ****(+)
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 39(-)

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Tackle(*)
Growl(*)
Razor Leaf(*)
Reflect(*)
PoisonPowder(*)
Synthesis(*)
Magical Leaf(*)
Natural Gift(*)
AncientPower(*)
Leaf Storm(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Facade(*)
Hidden Power(*)
Light Screen(*)

@Oran Berry

Kaxtar:

Larvesta [Fire Moth] (Female)

Nature: Rash (+1 to Special Attack, -1 to Special Defense)

Type:

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1)

Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Atk: ***
Def: **
SpA: *** (+1)
SpD: * (-1)
Spe: 60

EC: 0/4
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks

Ember(*)
String Shot(*)
Leech Life(*)
Take Down(*)
Morning Sun(*)
Zen Headbutt(*)
Magnet Rise(*)
Fire Blast(*)
Wild Charge(*)
U-Turn(*)

@Oran Berry

TotalPotato selects his three actions first, and Kaxtar follows suit.

FIGHT HARD BRAVE WARRIORS

Fire Moth, hit Chikorita with a Fire Blast before it can get up its light screen. Then U-Turn Chikorita into a building (hopefully pushing it through a decrepit wall), and finish by lighting the building on fire with Fire Blast (if Chikorita was pushed through the building). If Chikorita did not go through the building, use U-turn at the end of the round to dodge Chikorita's Ancient Power and hopefully smack it at the very end.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Chikorita:

Def: ****
Spe: 39
Energy: 100

Larvesta:

SpA: ***
SpD: *
Energy: 100

The two Pokemon square off. Immediately, Rosemary starts to set up a Light Screen, while Fire Moth attacks with Fire Blast. Luckily for Rosemary, Fire Moth trips as she attempts to attack, and the fireball misses.

Enraged at this miss, Fire Moth rushes at Chikorita with a U-turn. This pushes Rosemary back quite a bit, but not into the decrepit building. Rosemary laughs this off with her high defense stat and counter-attacks with Ancient Power by lifting the rubble around it and throwing them at Fire Moth, nearly burying it.

Fire Moth is dazed by this attack but feels alright and escapes from the rubble. She attacks again with U-turn, this time dodging Rosemary's Ancient Power by zig-zagging across the flying rocks and nearly slams her into the building.

END:

Chikorita:

HP: 66
Energy: 88

*under Light Screen*

Larvesta:

HP: 77
Energy: 82

Rosemary is right at the entrance of the decrepit building, with Fire Moth 8 feet in front of her. Kaxtar, your move!

Keep using U-Turn on Rosemary until it gets knocked into the building (also use this to dodge an Ancient Power or Leech Seed on the way to tackle Rosemary), and use Fire Blast after Rosemary is in the building to set it on fire to massively damage Rosemary. If Rosemary is already in a burning building by the third action, use String Shot on the ground in front of the building to trap it as it tries to escape the inferno.

So, she's only going to dodge Ancientpower or Leech Seed, huh? He he he...

Blast Fire Moth back with Hidden Power Rock (7 power). If that knocks her back a fair distance, rush towards her and away from the building with Facade. Finish with a second Hidden Power Rock (7 power)!

If you fail to knock Fire Moth away from you and the building, use Reflect to reduce the impact of U-turn in place of Facade.

Hidden Power Rock (7 power) - Facade/Reflect - Hidden Power Rock (7 power)

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Rosemary [Chikorita]:

HP: 66
Energy: 88

*under Light Screen*

Fire Moth [Larvesta]:

HP: 77
Energy: 82

Fire Moth immediately zooms across at Rosemary with U-turn, keeping an eye out for any dangerous attacks. This pushes her into the decrepit building, but Rosemary launches Hidden Power at Fire Moth as this happens. To the bug's horror, the glowing orbs turn to stone and pierce her delicate skin, knocking her away.

However, Fire Moth gets up and wastes no time sending off a powerful Fire Blast at Rosemary. Luckily for Rosemary, though, the Light Screen slows down the fireball just enough so that she can escape. The fireball sets the entire building on fire, and some flying debris hits Rosemary, causing 2 points of damage.

The debris jolts Rosemary into action, and she rams into Fire Moth by using Facade. This knocks the larva back a bit, but she gets up quickly. Fire Moth once again attempts to knock Rosemary into the building by using U-turn, but Rosemary's high defense allows her to stop right in front of the burning building. She retaliates by using Hidden Power Rock again, severely damaging Fire Moth.

Rosemary is right in front of the burning building. Fire Moth is 6 feet in front of her. Burning debris is falling from the building and may strike any Pokemon at any time. Meanwhile, the building is showing signs of collapsing....

END:

Rosemary:

HP: 40
Energy: 72

*under Light Screen for 1 more action*

Fire Moth [Larvesta]:

HP: 37

TotalPotato, go!

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh wait, that was an error on my part.

According to Deck Night's damage calculator, Hidden Power Rock does 15.50 damage to Fire Moth (for some reason I think it came out to be 10-12 last time I checked), and Facade did 8.50, meaning Fire Moth lost ~40 HP.

My apologies >_<

(This'll come back to hurt me, but Light Screen lasts for six actions, not six rounds, so it should be gone now)

Things look grim, but we won't give up!

Give it everything you have with three consecutive AncientPowers! If she tries skipping away with U-turn, wait until she's as close as possible before firing! And if you can, keep running away from that building!

AncientPower - AncientPower - AncientPower

Deflect the Ancient Powers with a Zen Headbutt, and use the momentum to crash Chikorita into the building (and maybe burn it with Flame Body). After that, use Fire Blast for major damage, and U-Turn away (don't try to hit Chikorita if it is already in the flames) from the building before it comes crashing down.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Non-referee post:

(This'll come back to hurt me, but Light Screen lasts for six actions, not six rounds, so it should be gone now)
Actually, I think Light Screen will last for one more round (the round you used to summon it does not count). Not that it matters though, 'cause Kaxtar is starting out with a physical attack.

(and maybe burn it with Flame Body).
No abilities allowed in this match =/ (well, that's what I interpreted when you posted "No Abilities" as one of the clauses)

Anyways I'm going to sleep now. I'll be back on Smogon at 4:00 PM (GMT -5) I can't wait to hit the RNG and Damage Calc. and see what happens next! *anticipation*

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Rosemary:
HP: 40

Fire Moth:
HP: 37

Damn, it sure is hot in here. What happened to my ice tea that I ordered five minutes ago?

Anyways, Rosemary desperately tries to run away from the building and hit Fire Moth with an AncientPower. Fire Moth meets this attack head-on (literally) with a Zen Headbutt. The rocks hurt her a bit, but she manages to deflect them and hit Rosemary, crashing her into the building and dealing 5 points of damage. Unfortunately, Fire Moth herself is too close to the building for comfort, and gets hit with falling debris, causing 2 points of damage.

Rosemary does not like fire. Not one bit. When she finds herself inside the burning building, she runs from it as fast as she can while firing off another AncientPower. Fire Moth is faster, however, and shoots off a Fire Blast. The two attacks collide near Rosemary, knocking her back into the inferno again. Meanwhile, the building continues to shoot debris, hitting Fire Moth again (lol RNG).

Both Pokemon are severely weakened at this point. However, they both remember that their masters gave them an Oran Berry, and quickly consume it, healing 10 HP. Fire Moth is starting to get worried, and uses U-turn to escape. Rosemary also attempts to escape, and limps away. Enraged at this, she shoots another AncientPower at Fire Moth, causing massive damage.

Rosemary is 5 feet away from the building, limping. Rosemary is 7 feet away and panting hard. The building is starting to collapse!

END TURN:

Rosemary:

HP: 32
Energy: 56

Fire Moth:

HP: 22
Energy: 55

This may be it! Kaxtar, go!

fuk RNG. Go first and open with a Fire Blast. Then use U-Turn to get up close to Chikorita and smash it, and use Fire Blast again to hopefully KO the damn pest. Keep trying to get Chikorita under the falling building. If it fires an Ancient power while Fire Moth is trying to U-Turn, change to Zen Headbutt instead to deflect Ancient Power.

Fire Blast, U-Turn/Zen Headbutt, Fire Blast

You're damn lucky the League didn't take out fire insurance on this place...

We're so close, Rosemary! I wish I had some more imaginative orders for you, but it looks like this is the do or die round, so we'll need to attack hard again.

Use an AncientPower straight away - you can't dodge the Fire Blast with a bad leg. You'll have to time this next bit well: charge up another AncientPower, but don't release it until Fire Moth is almost upon you with U-turn. Hopefully, there'll be no time for her to switch moves. If you're both still standing, fire the quickest AncientPower of your life. Don't worry if that last one isn't at full power, just as long as it's fast and on target.

AncientPower - AncientPower - UnoriginalPower

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Rosemary:

HP: 32
Energy: 56

Fire Moth:

HP: 22
Energy: 55

Boy oh boy, things sure look grim for both challengers! After much effort, Fire Moth gets up on her feet and launches a blast of fire at Rosemary, who retaliates by launching her own AncientPower. Once again, the two attacks collide and disappear into nothingness, leaving only a small cloud of dust behin-... hey, what's this? Small white orbs are rising from the ground and are attaching them to Rosemary. This is the side-effect of AncientPower that raises all of her stat's by 1 stage! Folks, this could turn the tide of the battle!

Before both Pokemon can do anything, though, a huge explosion from the top of the building sends a pile of rubble crashing down on Rosemary, dealing some damage (5 points, to be exact). Fire Moth wastes no time and tries to ram Rosemary into the building with U-turn. Rosemary, however, isn't going to fall for the same trick twice! She builds up energy and launches another AncientPower right before the two make contact. This attack surprises Fire Moth, who could not change her attack to Zen Headbutt in time. The collision knocks both Pokemon back, and poor Rosemary finds herself taking damage as she collides with the building.

Rosemary struggles to get up on her feet and limps 10 feet away diagonally from the building. Fire Moth uses every remaining ounce of her strength to get up. The HP of both Pokemon are dangerously low and are less than 15. This is it! Both Pokemon are able to KO each other. The question is who? Who will emerge victorious?

Immediately, Fire Moth deploys a Fire Blast. Rosemary, even with the boost from AncientPower, is still a fraction slower than the bug, and launches the quickest AncientPower in her life. Since Rosemary did not fully charge up, the power of the attack will be determined by the RNGods (somewhat weaker). Instead of colliding, both attacks hit the opposing Pokemon right in the face (remember that both Pokemon are exhausted and cannot fire straight). Just now, the burning tower collapses, causing a huge cloud of dust to cover the whole arena and sending both Pokemon flying into the middle.

As the dust cloud clears, the silhouette of only one Pokemon remains. Finally, when the dust settles, it is clear who won the match:

Rosemary:

HP: 0
Energy: 38

***The RNGods decided that the base power of the final AncientPower attack was to be 3.***

Fire Moth:

HP: 2
Energy: 34

Congratulations, Fire Moth and Kaxtar! That match was epic! If the RNGods weren't such a jerk and made AncientPower's BP 4 or higher, than the match would have ended in a die. Either way, this was an intense match with a very close (and great) ending. Good game!

Epic is a great way to describe the match. Thanks for reffing Limewire, and thanks for playing Total Potato. I hope to have a re-match sometime!

What a fantastic battle. Incredibly close, and I have to say, that commentary at the end had me at the edge of my seat. Thank you both, Kaxtar and Limewire, for making this match so memorable!

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright guys, it is time for rewards! If I'm correct, then:

I get 1 Ref Token.

Kaxtar's Fire Moth gets 1 DreamWorld, 1 Evolution, 1 Move and 1 KO Counter. Kaxtar also gets 2 trainer counters.

TotalPotato's Rosemary gets 1 DreamWorld, 1 Evolution and 1 Move counter. TotalPotato also gets 2 trainer counters.

Remember to confirm this with glorious leader Deck Knight on the Prize Claiming Thread. And once again, good work both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)