Pending Mark Wishiwashi-School as legal within the Team Builder

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Wishiwashi-School is marked as illegal in the Team Builder, while Wishiwashi-Solo is legal. Wishiwashi-School is technically an in-battle transformation, but is unique in this category in that it enters the field in its School form in every traditional format barring exceptional circumstances (e.g. Neutralising Gas), making it the more relevant form in nearly all cases. This presents the following problems:
- Wishiwashi's presence is obscured in the team builder. As an example, Wishiwashi isn't realistically visible when sorting for bulky Water-types in Gen 8 PU as its Solo form's base stats are lower than most LCs, despite it being in the A-ranks on the Viability Rankings at the time of writing this.
- I have on multiple occasions and across multiple tiers observed people incorrectly applying Speed creep to Pokemon under the mistaken impression that Wishiwashi sits at base 40 Speed (Wishiwashi drops to 30 Speed in its School form, a far more meta relevant target and a difference of 72-80 EVs between min speed/0 speed sets).

I'd like to propose that both Wishiwashi-Solo and Wishiwashi-School appear in the team builder as legal. If it's technically possible, I'd also like to add-on a request for the smogdex Import button functionality to be available on Wishiwashi-School for the three tiers this is relevant towards.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)