Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
lol I love your vote count names Eagle4 xD

Over the next... while I plan to get some scum reads done. 0=confirmed town 50=Null 100=confirmed mafia

Alive
1. Celever
2. Solar Vapor
3. Metal Sonic
4. Spiffy
5. Houndoomsday
6. Jalmont
7. Woodchuck
8. Acklow
9. Aura Guardian
10. Blackhawk11
11. Snaquaza
12. cxinlee
1. Celever Celever is likely town, but he has flawed logic a lot fo the time. He also makes no sense most of the time 35%.

2. Solar Vapor Yeah everyone has trouble reading this guy. His posts are few but good, but unlike most people this could just be signs of a good scum rather than a poor(ish) town. He has clashed with Aura Guardian a lot over the game and Aura Guardian will not budge on his position on him, which I shouldn't have to say is not good, and I am willing to agree with him. Early-game his posts were very good but coming in later (I know it is still early :/) they're not as good and he doesn't post enough, however I don't think this is enough to give him harsh reads. I will go to... 60%. Just keep up good posts and do it more!

Agreeing with Spiffy saying the revealing who has items is the STUPIDEST thing we can POSSIBLY do.

Also, Celever: Yeah, Solar Vapor's posts have been decent in some ways... but he still has not given a good defense for what I was asking after - I can practically smell the utter failure to mount a good defense, instead using attempts at vicious, at least nearly hypocrytical counterattacks. And his posting quality has declined severely by those failures.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I am going to give my opinion about Spiffy and Celever, they both have been really scummy at some points, but only one of them is probably Mafia and probably one of them is mafia.

Spiffy:

+ I must say, he made good posts about BtB scenario at the start of the game and a bit later on the day

- He hunted Celever around for lots of pages, which didn’t contribute much for the town and didn’t give much other scumreads.

- If he gives a scumread of other players, it is usually shallow and not much saying, this might be because he doesn’t want his mafia brothers to be suspected if he is lynched, but just so he doesn’t make them get lynched.

- Has made way too much same posts about Celever not answering, yes it is true, but it is also like: I am here and I post, don’t lynch me as I am still hunting one thing that might not even be useful

Celever

+ He can play really nooby (So less likely to be scum when dumb post)

+ I feel he is trying really hard to play it well, but that it just doesn’t work out

- He has given some baseless thoughts

- Didn’t answer some of Spiffy’s question, or at least not reasonably

- Has been avoiding posting and telling reasons

- Made some major posts for just being active and responding

Small comment on cxinlee, usually makes vague post not saying much, but being seen decent enough not to get lynched. My read from a bit ago turned around so that the small posts are so cxinlee avoids being voted, also the reads are almost non-saying.

Currently I am seeing Spiffy as Scum, but Celever and cxinlee (more coming up) are decently scummy, although again, I played with Celever in another NOC and he can play awfully scummy, which is the reason IDK what to think about him, but if Spiffy is no Mafia, he almost certainly is, tomorrow I’ll give another reads J

Feel free to disagree with me and especially say what about Celever as I mostly have the feeling he is just nooby, but please comment if you think otherwise.

Lynch Spiffy

Snaquaza said:
+ I must say, he made good posts about BtB scenario at the start of the game and a bit later on the day
Aw thanks :)

Snaquaza said:
- He hunted Celever around for lots of pages, which didn’t contribute much for the town and didn’t give much other scumreads.
I got Celever into the limelight, and people aren't ignoring him anymore, which is what I wanted to accomplish. Once again I ask what more you would have liked for me to contribute and I will gladly comment on anything you find; From what I recall I didn't just talk about Celever for 8 pages. I continued making comments about others. I understand some people thought it was over the top.

Snaquaza said:
- If he gives a scumread of other players, it is usually shallow and not much saying, this might be because he doesn’t want his mafia brothers to be suspected if he is lynched, but just so he doesn’t make them get lynched.
I disagree about my reads, but I do agree that I haven't really done many in awhile and will try to post some tomorrow. And I can't really defend myself against your theory, so w/e. That's like me saying "Snaquaza may be trying to make me look scummy because he is mafia" which is obviously not a good argument.

Snaquaza said:
- Has made way too much same posts about Celever not answering, yes it is true, but it is also like: I am here and I post, don’t lynch me as I am still hunting one thing that might not even be useful
This is pretty much the samem "point" as your first one, so yeah I already responded to this. Once again, your theory is your theory so there's nothing I can say about it except "you're wrong" lol.

So yeah, I will try to post some of my reads tomorrow since I probably need to update them/address the players that I haven't talked about much.

@Jalmont I saw you lurking the thread answer my question (the list of reads I gave you).

I still know nothing about Jalmont's opinions from reading his post, if anything his post was a "long wall post that lacks content but looks really good". @Jalmont what are your reads on Blackhawk11, Aura Guardian, and Celever?
spiffy the "flaw" with your logic is that you are very good at picking out specific terms in a post, turning them on their head, and acting as if the rest of the post doesn't exist.

I legitimately just gave you my entire thought process of finding and catching scum, gave examples, all original content, and you are telling me it's "wortheless"? Try reading it again...maybe you'll learn more about how I play? This isn't to stay I'm perfect, it's to say this is what I'm doing that works and explains why maybe I'm not trying extremely hard day 1???

Reads are no bueno unless you do them acklow style and then you risk going the other way and writing for the sake of writing. nobody reads it all - sorry acklow.

if i have something to say about blackhawk11, AG, or celever (you are in luck!) I will say it. If I don't then I don't. If you don't like it, well, let's just say I will refrain from responding with "fuck off" but that succinctly describes what I am trying to convey.

I don't know why people aren't mentioning Spiffy in a bad light at all. If you look back he has done little to help the town other than provide reads, only when asked, and pick on me. Maybe I'm a scum read for you, but I'm a scum read for like two posts on day 1 (irl) on day 1and then a few of my defenses haven't been "up-to-scratch". Eventually I slipped up by missing some questions that I thought I had answered (I answered one of them so it was weird I didn't see the rest, idfk) and everyone bandwagoned on me over one thing. Spiffy has had flawed logic on several occasions and hasn't at all been active unless I quote or tag him but people are doing nothing against him?
Finding someone scummy because they think you are scummy I find in general to be a flawed read because you are inherently biased against them.

My take:

celever: I do not understand why you consistently bring up multiple topics and write long persuasive posts only to backtrack with all of that by saying you are probably wrong or that there is a 35% chance of you being town. if you do not believe in what you are saying, why should I? if you do not believe you are town, why should I? the indecisiveness is murdering me because you do all this work and then you throw it out the door by recanting it through your "lampshading" as AG would put it.

spiffy: runs around with his head cut off usually involving banging his head (yes I know) on the same wall multiple times before he realized his actions are fruitless - why are you so obsessed with celever holy f

And then Jalmont didn't post for days after saying he couldn't post for the weekend (seriously how long are your weekends) and no one lynched him until today (for me)/last night (for most of you). I can't understand the logic of most people in this game.
Calm the fuck down. I unfortunately do not spend all my time on Smogon - I am going to be a senior in fall, and with that includes, colleges applications, summer assignments - not to mention i spent both my days this weekend referring a soccer tournament. Excuse me for spending time not thinking about this (which, on a less derogatory note I need to pay more attention to - [I work better w/ deadlines *hint* *hint*]) but forgive me for putting this at the bottom of my list.

I'll leave you with the inconsistency of "no one lynched him until today" and "jalmont is on the top of my scum list." You will probably claim that there is other stuff, and, granted, there probably is, but I will just leave that there :]

My scumlist is cxinlee/FireMage, Jalmont, Snaquaza and Spiffy. I have stated reasons for the latter 3 and basically for cxinlee the arguments are too good to ignore. FireMage just would not post at all (I can confirm he has a very tight online schedule along with a job but still) and then he would vote no lynch with incredibly flawed logic. He asked why it was a bad idea to which he got like 5 responses yet he still kept it on no lynch until he said "I find these people scummy" who were basically the scum targets at the time. cxinlee is better than FireMage (hard to be worse) but he is using internet guides?? I did some research and the way he plays is nothing like the internet guides I looked at. I'm very much convinced that there is someone instructing him behind the scenes. On top of that his posts aren't even that helpful to the town. His posts are methodical enough to have someone telling him what to do but not to help the town that much, basically to make him look like a valuable town member while not really doing anything so he would be a big scumread to me.
there are some problems w/ cxinlee argument but that's cxinlee's deal because i agree with the unflawed posts. I have seen very little reasoning on me considering you've vaguely said I'm scum with your evidence being a little less than clear? mind clarifying or linking me?? lol

maaaaaaaaaaan i just feel like a jerk sometimes sorry i am nice person i swear i care about all of you except spiffy because fuk spiffy but nah spiffy's alright

Also why has no one talked about Jalmont's posts? He hasn't posted for close to week I think and comes back with... that. As said before he was incredibly hypocritical with what he was saying to Solar Vapor earlier in the game and then he basically did what he said Acklow did (and btw I read his posts word-for-word since I'm a terrible scanner :confused:) in doing a big post with nothing in it, whereas Acklow didn't do that.

I will post more later.
Plenty of people are talking about me. There is absolutely nothing hypocritical with what I've said. At least, I think not. I haven't made any pretense of being serious 100% of the time, so yes, some of my short posts can be seen as jokes, lighten up the mood - not hypocrisy. either way most of my posts are my thoughts on the game - if you disagree link the posts, others I will ignore the baseless accusations. Thanks. I will also redirect you to the spiffy portion on "big post with nothing in it" because if you think there was nothing in it then you are blatantly misguided - just because your only definition of "content" is a list of scumreads, doesn't mean you are right and that anything that does not fit your criteria is scummy (i will note you didn't really go here though). use an open mind and try considering the things i've said mmkay??

setup speculation and item speculation is a huge waste of time (agreeing w/ spiffy) let's have trust in the people holding the items and not give free info to the mafia (like, come on) we won't lynch scum by talking about items #fact

meta l sonic is dumb for willingly giving up his item info, but nothing new on that front eh?

sorry this post was really mean i am not a mean person i swear i love you all except for spiffy fuk spiffy nah spiffy's cool

Celever

i am town
Aw thanks :)

I got Celever into the limelight, and people aren't ignoring him anymore, which is what I wanted to accomplish. Once again I ask what more you would have liked for me to contribute and I will gladly comment on anything you find; From what I recall I didn't just talk about Celever for 8 pages. I continued making comments about others. I understand some people thought it was over the top.

I disagree about my reads, but I do agree that I haven't really done many in awhile and will try to post some tomorrow. And I can't really defend myself against your theory, so w/e. That's like me saying "Snaquaza may be trying to make me look scummy because he is mafia" which is obviously not a good argument.

This is pretty much the samem "point" as your first one, so yeah I already responded to this. Once again, your theory is your theory so there's nothing I can say about it except "you're wrong" lol.

So yeah, I will try to post some of my reads tomorrow since I probably need to update them/address the players that I haven't talked about much.

@Jalmont I saw you lurking the thread answer my question (the list of reads I gave you).
Ok I am going to reply to this because that post was horrible.

So you have given the same reply uou do every time somone talks to you over this... If a vast majority of any game disagrees with someone on... ANYTHING really chances are that person is wrong, but you just can't accept being wrong apparently. And actually you may have not only talk about me, but by your own devjces you only talked about me, you would comment on otheer things upon request only. Read why people are lynching me; pressure votes for questions I have now answered. Also what kind of logic has someone as a game-long target less than 12 hours into the game?

Celever

i am town
Wow .-..

So now we have FireMage and cxinlee in the same spot being subbed out, and actually I have another reason for thinking cxinlee is scummy. I asked Eagle4 how much we have to stick by the NoC rule and he said "just don't mention the mafia at all and you can talk about w/e" so Snaq invited me to the hulavuta fan club and cxinlee just said "OMG why is this guy from the mafia here" kinda panicky. Now we obviously said nothing more abotu the mafia than that and me and snaq just said it's a coincedence but still why panic??

@cxinlee ^^^

Wow .-..

So now we have FireMage and cxinlee in the same spot being subbed out, and actually I have another reason for thinking cxinlee is scummy. I asked Eagle4 how much we have to stick by the NoC rule and he said "just don't mention the mafia at all and you can talk about w/e" so Snaq invited me to the hulavuta fan club and cxinlee just said "OMG why is this guy from the mafia here" kinda panicky. Now we obviously said nothing more abotu the mafia than that and me and snaq just said it's a coincedence but still why panic??

@cxinlee ^^^
Why would i be panicky? im fully aware that we're not allowed to talk about it elsewhere ( in this case irc), I was basically pointing out the coincidence.

Celever

i am town
celever you are confusing me, give me your reason why you think im scum, ill give my defense. I never panicked, please present your evidence.
Do you expect me to have logs ready? I have said that you were panicking last night/early this morning and Snaquaza can probably confirm that.

Celever, all i did was post that " OMG why are all the mafia people here?" How do you even confirm i was saying it panicky? I can say OMG mawile gets an evo, and im not panicking at all.

sigh
Defintions from freedictionary.com :
Excited: Being in a state of excitement; emotionally aroused; stirred.
Like snaquaza said, i was excited when i first met him at #hulavuta, then I got really stirred up when you came in, kinda in a good way
Panic: A sudden, overpowering terror, often affecting many people at once.
How did I show any signs of terror? I don't think I did at all.

Celever said:
So you have given the same reply uou do every time somone talks to you over this... If a vast majority of any game disagrees with someone on... ANYTHING really chances are that person is wrong, but you just can't accept being wrong apparently.
This is such a trivial matter so I don't know why you're bringing it up. Like I said, call it tunneling if you want, but I did what I had to do and it made people pay more attention to you which is a plus for me.

Celever said:
And actually you may have not only talk about me, but by your own devjces you only talked about me, you would comment on otheer things upon request only. Read why people are lynching me; pressure votes for questions I have now answered. Also what kind of logic has someone as a game-long target less than 12 hours into the game?
This is what I mean when I say you put words in my (and other players') mouth. I am very content with the content (heh) that I posted that didn't involve you. I simply asked everyone if there was anything they wanted me to comment on because everyone said I was focusing too much on you. And I have yet to have someone bring something up to me. I never said or implied that I would only talk about things on request. And how many times do I have to make this clear to you? YOU WERE MY "GAME LONG TARGET" BECAUSE YOU WERE (AND STILL ARE) ACTING SCUMMY. I'm not going to allow my #1 scumread fly under the radar the whole game.

And are you kidding with the IRC stuff? Apparently you can read cxinlee's emotions over a chatroom and deduce that he was panicking when you entered the channel. He must be scum! You continue to try and find any little reason to cast someone under suspicion, and I cannot even fathom that a villager would be so quick to jump on someone for such a small and shaky "reason".

I could also mention your item fishing, but it's just speculation that you intentionally wanted everyone to reveal their items. So that's a very minor point.

Unvote Jalmont (I'm getting to you)
Vote Celever

Anyway @Jalmont,
I legitimately just gave you my entire thought process of finding and catching scum, gave examples, all original content, and you are telling me it's "wortheless"? Try reading it again...maybe you'll learn more about how I play? This isn't to stay I'm perfect, it's to say this is what I'm doing that works and explains why maybe I'm not trying extremely hard day 1???
Oh God did I really misspell "worthless" like that!? Anyway, I still do not know where your head is at. I don't need a crash course on how Jalmont plays mafia. I just want to have an idea where your head is at regarding other players after you post, and I don't even know. The easiest way to find that out is to look at your vote, however you stubbornly voted for no lynch probably just to piss everyone off (mostly me I bet :mad:). Your most recent post is much better but still doesn't help much if you continue voting for no lynch.

@Solar Vapor post something, I'm sure there are enough posts for you to comment on and I don't think Aura Guardian is done with you yet!
@Metal Sonic I would still like an explanation on why you think Celever is so town; You can't just say "Celever is so townie" without giving any reasons when it seems a lot of the game disagrees with you.

Celever

i am town
@Spiffy I'm going to say it again people only voted on me not because you repeatedely pointed out "scummy" things about me but because I missed those questions and they pressure voted me, so you've still spent most of the game doing stuff that nothing came out of it. Also I m apparently "in people's radars" now so why are you only focusing on me still?

I would like @Woodchuck to post though because he hasn't in a while...

@Jalmont People take self-reads seriously? Also if you read it properly the lower te number the more likely to be town, so I put myself @ 75% town.

3. Metal Sonic Yeah yeah more buddying with Metal Sonic but his posts have been consistently good IMO. He's good at calling people out such as Marquais and applied a bunch of pressure to Spiffy. He does refuse to read Snaquaza because he "failed against him last game", so I am going to say @Metal Sonic give a read on Snaquaza please. 25%

4. Spiffy Read anywhere in the thread to see my opinions on Spiffy, we have pertty much made this thread 5 pages longer lol. 75%

5. Houndoomsday Houndoomsday is interesting and I am sorta inclined to just put 50%. His posts can be good, he is involved in lots of theoretical connections though *cough*spiffy+houndoomsday connection*cough*which Spiffy ignored when questioned on it*cough* and I feel as though he is maybe trying to hard? Obviously he might just have a bunch of spare time on his hands but still... 65%

6. Jalmont Jalmont is intriguing. He posts well, doesn't post for days and comes back using rage. I read a few other mafia and this is how Jalmont plays when town I think, but of course he could be trying to fly under the radar by not posting and then playing like town but that is jut me lol. 40%

7. Woodchuck Woodchuck has been consistently good IMO. He is by far one of my biggest town reads due to posting well all the time (a little idle(ish) sometimes) and just pointing stuff out to people and things. He was the first who mistakenly thought Barty The Beetle claimed power role (I believed that second :s) -- or at least posted so -- so that is detriminal unfortunately but given the circumstances it was kinda understandable. 10-15%

8. Acklow Took over from the first bandwwagon of the game and did well. He hid nothing and repeatedly said Barty was a noob to drill it into our brains. I am definitely saying town here, maybe around 40%?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)