[MANDATORY] TEAM BUILDING HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Time is finite and an egg move means you have to go through another breeding cycle to get the mon you want with all of the headache involved in that. There is a highly situational condition where Detect is better than Protect (only under imprison which is only run regularly by Muk which is in turn threatened by A-Marowak) which the OP did not even cite in his analysis.

You'd be better off playtesting your team for whatever additional time it takes to get Detect instead of Protect. I stand by that analysis - this is way different than Wide Guard on Aegislash.
It does not take long to breed a pokemon (nor does it take long to level a treecko up to level 33 so it learns detect, especially if you abuse the pelago glitch), and if you're too lazy to breed something yourself (or "efficient" as you call it) you can ask someone else for a breeding leftover. There's tons in the wifi forum -- just ask if anyone has a cubone with detect lying around. Plenty of people just play this game to breed and not battle -- use them!

It does not take long to breed a pokemon (nor does it take long to level a treecko up to level 33 so it learns detect, especially if you abuse the pelago glitch), and if you're too lazy to breed something yourself (or "efficient" as you call it) you can ask someone else for a breeding leftover. There's tons in the wifi forum -- just ask if anyone has a cubone with detect lying around. Plenty of people just play this game to breed and not battle -- use them!
Okay, take a sceptile and breed detect onto Marowak. How many eggs til you get one with the IVs you want? Alolan Marowak still needs 5 IVs so expectation value is 4 eggs to move from a perfect A-Marowak with protect (pre-bank anyone?) to one with detect.

I think you are better off spending the time (even if it is only 10 minutes) doing something else - it has nothing to do with laziness. That is 10 minutes that could be spent SRing a Tapu/UB, 10 minutes that could be spent leveling a pokemon for hyper training, its asinine to spend time and effort for a move that makes no competitive difference in practice.

And this is a forum for VGC so if you want to breed one for fun that is your own business and more power to you-but its not relevant here specifically.

Run Detect

Last edited:
Okay, take a sceptile and breed detect onto Marowak. How many eggs til you get one with the IVs you want? Alolan Marowak still needs 5 IVs so expectation value is 4 eggs to move from a perfect A-Marowak with protect (pre-bank anyone?) to one with detect.

I think you are better off spending the time (even if it is only 10 minutes) doing something else - it has nothing to do with laziness. That is 10 minutes that could be spent SRing a Tapu/UB, 10 minutes that could be spent leveling a pokemon for hyper training, its asinine to spend time and effort for a move that makes no competitive difference in practice.

And this is a forum for VGC so if you want to breed one for fun that is your own business and more power to you-but its not relevant here specifically.
It does make a difference, it is a small difference but it exists, and that reason is Imprison, Imprison+Protect exists but Detect prevents you from having your protection move disabled

It does make a difference, it is a small difference but it exists, and that reason is Imprison, Imprison+Protect exists but Detect prevents you from having your protection move disabled
I've softened on my position a bit and I've never said it didn't matter just that it is fairly inconsequential in practice and I wouldn't advise players to kill themselves over this detail.

I would say run Detect if you can do so; but if your Properly IV/EV'd Marowak doesn't have it you can probably let it go. But this has derailed the thread enough as is so I'll just capitulate and retract my prior comments.

I chose Janice Lee who came 16th at the Georgia regionals. I think it's fairly clear that this is a hard trick room team so I went from there.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- High Horsepower
- Return
- Recycle
- Curse

This set is one I've used before and it goes pretty well on a trick room team. Return for STAB attack and High Horsepower for electric types (mainly Koko) that the rest of the team has little answer to. Curse is great under Trick Room and the downside becomes a positive, and Recycle as a poor man's recover when paired with Figy and Gluttony. EVs make it strong and bulky. Snorlax has so much HP that EVs don't make a big difference. Its defence is way less than its SpD and most fighting moves are physical anyway so I put most of the EVs in there. Also means you're getting a bigger defence boost from curse.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 28 SpA / 140 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Good ol reliable P2 Trick Room setter. I'll be honest off the bat, I'm not really sure what to calc for in setting a P2 EV so I used a fairly standard set for the EVs. I went with Ice Beam for the primary attack because Garchomp is so prevalent and nothing else on this team handles it too well. I thought about running toxic but I think it takes too long for this team as you want to be taking as much advantage of trick room as possible while its active, so I went with TBolt as Fini is currently more common than Lele (at least in my local meta).

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Def / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Protect

This guy hits like a truck when he's burned. Close Combat for STAB, you're hoping to hit things before they can hit you and to OHKO things so the loss of defence doesn't matter too much. Knock Off has great utility and also lets you hit ghosts that Close Combat can't handle. Fake Out helps you set up Trick Room and lets you hit first on the setup turn. HP EVs minimise burn % damage, defence EVs are split near evenly.

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond
- Protect
- Shadow Claw

Backup Trick Room setter. I didn't have a Z-Crystal anywhere else and I figured Z-Destiny Bond could allow you to pick up a KO and help Snorlax set up. And you can also just go for a never ending nightmare if the situation call for it. Inveted in HP because it's a weak point but you're still probably not going to live a lot once you disguise is gone.

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Nature: Modest
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

I wasnt too sure how to deal with Magnezone as it's a pokemon I've never really used. I figured its best used to trap and deal with Celesteela and Kartana, hence Magnet Pull, TBolt and HP Fire. Flash Cannon also handles Lele. It needed LO to OHKO Cele or Lele.

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat

I've been playing around with CB Arcanine lately and I really like it. It just does a silly amount of damage, even with Extreme Speed, which lets it go first under TR which it often wouldn't otherwise given its decent speed stat.

I chose Kimo Nishimura's 7th place team to rebuild because the team looks to check it's own weakness' in a way(I am new to the meta but Im doing alright so far so if I do seem out of place,thats why).

Tapu Koko @Farium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Dazzling
- Taunt
- Protect

I went with a Farium Z so I could hit some threats to TK here really hard,I use Taunt instead of a VoltTurn or NM so I can prevent set-ups that do not have a herb on them,but really this set is to hit with DG more than Thunder until I get rid of a check that nulls the boosted Thunder(which hits anything hard on hits own too).Otherwise it looks like a standard TK.

Tapu Lele Choice Scarf
Ability:Psychic Surge
Level:50
Evs:28 HP/52 Def/252 SpA/208 Spe
Modest Nature
Ivs:0 Atk
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Protect
-Reflect/Light Screen(your choice tbh)
This set is a speed Lele build,since I have a Z move on TK I decided to use this set as a fast/light support mon,basically you use this to dish heavy damage then LS or Reflect as a last ditch move to provide some support.The Evs are to give it a chance against Araquanid,and anyting that might use Knock off,for a chance to survive if it is un-boosted,which is why the EV's in speed come in,you want to hit as hard as possible to try and dish out what damage you can to checks/switch ins,then switch out if possible,otherwise sack it by using a screen or reflect to go into another mon that can set up/take advantage of that screen.Pheromosa appreciates this a ton.

Pheromosa Life Orb
Ability:Beast Boost
Evs:252 ATK/4 SpA/252 Spe
Naughty Nature
Iv's: 0 Spd(because it wont survive sh%t)
-Low Kick
-Rapid Spin
-Poison Jab
-HP Fire

I went with Life Orb for obvious reasons,to do more dmg.I used this set for primarily to ohko as much as possible,and to check some things/remove hazards.
Low Kick is an easy STAB move because of her weight(yes I assumed gender),Rapid Spin clears hazards in case they are a thing,but that usually results in her being sacked,and I considered using Lunge/protect as techs instead for use/sustain.
HP fire is to check steal types or other Pheromosa that might switch in/Kartana because they won't expect it,and it still hits hard with that SPA stat.Just an all-out attacker.

Metagross @Assault Vest
Ability:Clear Body
Evs:252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe(to outspeed any unboosted 70 spe tier or lower)
Adamant Nature
Iv's : 0 SpA
-Meteor Mash
-Hammer Arm
-Zen Headbutt
-Ice punch

Now looking at this set,it looks normal,expect for 2 things,I use 4 ev's in Spe instead of Def,and Ice Punch instead of Bullet Punch,my reasoning for the EV is there,but for Ice Punch-It's to check anything that comes to check me,specifically ground types,and flying if I need it.Grass types would cry as well,and I find myself surviving enough to be able and get an IP off and ohko a garchomp after I get a +1,and it's just a great coverage move to me for him,and with LeLe,Bullet Punch becomes absolutely useless,and I would rather it not have a move I can't use.Which I believe to be a just reason.

Garchomp Choice Band (ik it sounds awful but AV is used and so is my Z slot unless I don't use TK)
Ability:Rough Skin
Evs:68 HP/128 ATK/4 Def/56 SpD/252 Spe
Careful Nature
Iv's: 0 SpA
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw
OKAY so a werid set because I cant use the AV set that I personally run,but I still like this set.the Ev spread w/Careful N. allows me to still abosrb some,but not a lot,of SpA that come my way,usually I try to do this into a resisted move,like Flash Cannon for example.I maxed the Spe because I want to get in and hit with the CB as hard and fast as I can without being outsped by anything with a higher Spe Tier or boosted,and it lets me slip past a unboosted/less boosted Garchomp if I need to for that banded dragon claw,which has happened A LOT when I played this set.Poison Jab is mainly to check a Tapu that somehow I survive if at all,Rock Slide just provides a great coverage in general.I really wanted to make this a special attacker set,but I had no luck because without the AV Garchomp doesnt have as much sustain to get off a good hit.

Gengar Focus sash
Ability:Cursed Body
Evs:4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
Iv's:0 Atk
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball
-Protect
-Willowisp

Shame G' lost Levitate because man,would that help this team a ton,but it still has utility!SO Standard sweep set but I have Taunt on TK so I use WilloWisp instead because G' can outspeed Garchomp,Kartana,and A-Ninetails,which are still seen a lot.It uses Sash because things like TK can outspeed and ohko it otherwise and at least then I can use a Wisp or S-B of choice to hit something,usually the tapu though.Immune to Fake out which is nice,really weak to A-Raichu+TK combo so it pairs well with Metgross to resist and come in to replace and check threats.Also with A-Marowak still being a thing,you can pair this with TK in case they try to bring in A-Marowak for the Lightning Rod,which again,TK is trying to hit with Fairy moves instead to not get the unaffected hits.

Overall I made this set to sweep/check/.cover each others weaknesses as best I could,again I am new,so I'm still learning all the balances in EV spreads,I just make mine off because in experience,my little corrections/edits have saved me battles I would not have won.TY

Read my checklist. The majority of your calcs are completely irrelevant. The fact that your reasoning for EQ over Crunch on Gyarados is 'Whatever :)' shows me that your post isn't even worth me looking at.
Its worked for me. I don't care if its not as good according to all the math. Trying new strategys (even dumb ones.) are how good strategys are made. From people like you who are clearly devoted to VGC I would expect experimentations like that to be excepted and cheered on. I have a friend who is a running adamant salazzle and it is scary strong. Experimentation like this is good. Deal with it. If you don't like my team, fine. I'll change it. But not cause I think changing it will make it better. I like it as it is. (With the exception of tapu koko's EV spread. I'll change that.) No offence though. But in all my VGC experience I love running out of the box teams. That's just how my stupid self is. :)

But rather than just saying "whatever" as to why you chose EQ over Crunch, wouldn't it be better to state your case as to why you think it works better and possibly provide examples of what makes it a better choice? Showing the thought process behind the decisions you made is kinda what the assignment is about.

Experimentation is fine, but it also includes realizing why the new idea works well. The important question that should accompany all experimentation in Pokemon team building should be "Is there something that could be arguably better in the role it was selected for and if so, how does this differentiate itself in a meaningful way that makes it work better for the team i am using?" Speaking from experience, just throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks is not the most optimal way to go about things as it can lead to a lot of disappointments and when you do find an idea that works, if you don't know why it works you may mess it up completely if you decide to make an unrelated change elsewhere that accidentally upends the entire balance if what you had. Don't be afraid to Experiment, just make sure you know what you are looking for beforehand to make sure you aren't wasting time on stuff that won't go anywhere.
I wouldn't call it "throwing ideas at all wall" I said "whatever"due to my desperation of already discussing this with Scribls and not getting anywhere. Honestly the reason I used crunch was cause it was suggusted on the smogon competitive dex. But when I just checked it wasn't odd... If I'd known it would have caused such a commotion I would have never picked it.

BTW take another look at my post RebornFX. I did think the move set over. A lot. I was playtesting these pokemon for a long time on pkmn showdown. And I found this team surprisingly good.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
A bit of a late response—and I'm not too sure if it's my place to post this here—but why has no one pointed out the fact that almost every single calculation in Pokemon Nerd's post is of a Level 100 vs a Level 50? Here's his Gyarados vs Celesteela calculation for example:
  • 252+ Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 195-229 (96 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
and here's the actual damage output at Level 50 vs Level 50:
  • 252+ Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 52-63 (25.6 - 31%) -- 6.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
I'm not sure how it's possible to "accidentally" achieve a calculation which is so grossly wrong without even realising it—so is this a deliberately obnoxious action or does it signal a complete lack of intuition about damage rolls on the team? The fact that his Tapu Koko U-turn vs Alakazam looks like (0- Atk Tapu Koko U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam: 190-224 (75.6 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) leads me to believe the latter, since it indicates that he's using the Pokemon Showdown damage calculator (which has Alakazam's standard EV spread at 0/4 Def instead of 0/0 Def, and which defaults to Level 100 - note the HP numbers).

---

To Pokemon Nerd: I'm not trying to attack you in any way, but the fact that you managed to not notice how grossly incorrect your calculations were in your post does indicate a lack of experience in playing your team, contrary to what your latest post says ("I was playtesting these pokemon for a long time on pkmn showdown.")—so maybe that would be a good place to start? Many of the issues people are criticising your team and posts about could be solved with experience—experience would let you realise why you prefer Earthquake over Crunch on Gyarados, for example; experience would also let you articulate your team choices better than merely saying things like "No explanation needed on the impish nature" or "Grass knot is nice" which give close to zero information to readers about why you chose particular options, and almost make it seem like you don't know why you chose those options yourself. If readers aren't able to understand why you made certain choices—especially more uncommon ones like Grass Knot over Power Gem on Nihilego—they wouldn't be able to understand how the team functions as a whole and thus they won't be able to give particularly useful advice, which is the whole aim of you posting a team.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps you to understand why everyone seems to be "attacking" you. Some suggestions you could take away from this:
  • Use the Trainer Tower Damage Calculator, which automatically levels Pokemon to Level 50 so you won't get confused about how strong your Pokemon are! It also comes pre-loaded with common VGC EV spreads, while the Pokemon Showdown calculator is calibrated more for Singles players.
  • Experience! As I mentioned earlier, play the team a bit more to really get a feel of how it works.
  • I assume you're on the newer side, so don't let this episode discourage you from sticking around in VGC! We're generally not aggressive on the whole, unless we're dealing with really obstinate people. Keep an open mindset and don't let criticism get you down!
All the best with your team!

I'm trying my hand at David Scott's San Jose team. It caught my eye with since it ran Golduck under rain, clearly a Swift Swim set, in addition to Porygon2. I really enjoy the idea of removing Trick Room from play. I'm also aware that 2-3 teams are required to complete the assignment, but I'd like to focus on one team at a time. I would prefer not to crowd your vision or my thought processes.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

This is a rather standard Koko set, but with a slight change. I'm running Thunder over Thunderbolt because with life orb, Thunder is actually able to OHKO Specially Defensive Celesteela. Under rain, accuracy shouldn't matter much. That's not to say there won't be times where rain will not be active, but in my limited experience, I have the ability to run away and wait for a more prime opportunity with Volt Switch. I'm also open to other suggestions for the Volt Switch slot. I originally took it over HP Ice because I have that coverage on two other Pokémon.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Next, I took the stereotypical bulky Bulu. The reasoning behind this choice is that there's not a lot of meat on this team, and it would make a good team with Alolan Muk. Grassy terrain takes care of Muk's only weakness. Bulu Bulu bao?

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Protect

Lead Pelipper gives me a guaranteed Tailwind. There's nothing I could say here that the Strategy Pokédex wouldn't. I haven't run calculations on tailwind's effects for team members, mainly Porygon2 and Muk, but that could open up some real potential to catch unprepared players off-guard.

Golduck @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

I ran Timid over Modest as I'm not convinced it adds a lot more to the table, with the downside of having to go after certain Pokémon that are also under Tailwind. An example of this would be Sand Rush Stoutland, which has the ability to be faster than me with a +Speed nature under it's own Tailwind. A Modest nature on Golduck still wouldn't give me a OHKO on Assault Vest Garchomp, and is still a 2HKO with Timid.
*EDIT: The impossibility of two simultaneous weather effects escaped me at the time of writing this post. I am still inclined to using Timid over Modest though, as I still have not received any signs that Modest would improve my functionality.*

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Def / 188 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Protect

This Porygon2's main objective is to anti-Trick Room, only using Trick Room when I believe the opponent will do the same. Since I'm not running -Speed I should move before enemy Porygon2. I'm not sure how useful this is, but it may provide some use. EV spread is standard, provided with the Strategy Pokédex.

Muk-Alola @ Figy Berry
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Imprison
- Protect

Lastly, this Muk is the partner for the bulky Bulu I mentioned previously. I've greatly added Speed investment here for the more optimal usage of Imprison, as to catch base 60 Pokémon. The trade I'm making from bulk to swiftness hasn't readily proven itself more useful than a lesser amount, though. Especially with a one-sided Tailwind, I'm not convinced the added fragility isn't harming my team my team more than it helps. I'm definitely looking for input here.

Again, I'm open to correction on every front, that's the objective of the assignment after all. Thank you for taking the time to assist me, and I look forward to reading your additions.

Last edited:
A bit of a late response—and I'm not too sure if it's my place to post this here—but why has no one pointed out the fact that almost every single calculation in Pokemon Nerd's post is of a Level 100 vs a Level 50? Here's his Gyarados vs Celesteela calculation for example:
  • 252+ Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 195-229 (96 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
and here's the actual damage output at Level 50 vs Level 50:
  • 252+ Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 52-63 (25.6 - 31%) -- 6.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
I'm not sure how it's possible to "accidentally" achieve a calculation which is so grossly wrong without even realising it—so is this a deliberately obnoxious action or does it signal a complete lack of intuition about damage rolls on the team? The fact that his Tapu Koko U-turn vs Alakazam looks like (0- Atk Tapu Koko U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam: 190-224 (75.6 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) leads me to believe the latter, since it indicates that he's using the Pokemon Showdown damage calculator (which has Alakazam's standard EV spread at 0/4 Def instead of 0/0 Def, and which defaults to Level 100 - note the HP numbers).

---

To Pokemon Nerd: I'm not trying to attack you in any way, but the fact that you managed to not notice how grossly incorrect your calculations were in your post does indicate a lack of experience in playing your team, contrary to what your latest post says ("I was playtesting these pokemon for a long time on pkmn showdown.")—so maybe that would be a good place to start? Many of the issues people are criticising your team and posts about could be solved with experience—experience would let you realise why you prefer Earthquake over Crunch on Gyarados, for example; experience would also let you articulate your team choices better than merely saying things like "No explanation needed on the impish nature" or "Grass knot is nice" which give close to zero information to readers about why you chose particular options, and almost make it seem like you don't know why you chose those options yourself. If readers aren't able to understand why you made certain choices—especially more uncommon ones like Grass Knot over Power Gem on Nihilego—they wouldn't be able to understand how the team functions as a whole and thus they won't be able to give particularly useful advice, which is the whole aim of you posting a team.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps you to understand why everyone seems to be "attacking" you. Some suggestions you could take away from this:
  • Use the Trainer Tower Damage Calculator, which automatically levels Pokemon to Level 50 so you won't get confused about how strong your Pokemon are! It also comes pre-loaded with common VGC EV spreads, while the Pokemon Showdown calculator is calibrated more for Singles players.
  • Experience! As I mentioned earlier, play the team a bit more to really get a feel of how it works.
  • I assume you're on the newer side, so don't let this episode discourage you from sticking around in VGC! We're generally not aggressive on the whole, unless we're dealing with really obstinate people. Keep an open mindset and don't let criticism get you down!
All the best with your team!
Shoot. Spend four hours building a team and mess up the small stuff like this. Well its true what you said about me being rather new to this, I did spend quite a bit of time on this. I'm sorry it seems rushed. Honestly I was new to the damage calc system I was using and didn't realize that they were not auto set to level 50. (Even though I thought all the attacks seamed to powerful to be right.) Sorry about that. guess I'll have to wait till I have to free time and try again...

Last edited:
I'm posting this to hopefully help people out in the future, as once I started thinking this way, I understood what RebornFX was asking me to do: Basically, when writing descriptions, think of it from the outside, you are taking this team from a Sample Teams thread or a Team Report, and want to know how to use it, do the descriptions explain everything that needs to be explained? If you picked up this team, and went to play, knowing only the sets and what the descriptions say, would you understand how to play it? Or would you be confused by it and not understand it? If the answer is the latter, then that's not gonna work, and you should write descriptions that explain it better. :-)

EDIT: Left this out, but this is obviously not the only way to do it, it just helped me before.

I decided to rebuild Eugenio Discalzi's London team as it contains Tapu Bulu, a Pokemon I am looking forward to using and others that I also want to use.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Protect
- Stone Edge

This Tapu Bulu is just meant to hit hard. Since it already has a colossal attack stat, max Attack EVs are unnecessary and investing in bulk is generally a better option. Defensive investment allows me to survive 252+ Celesteela's Heavy Slam 15/16 times with the rest dumped into Attack. 244 HP maximises recovery from Grassy Terrain and Leftovers.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 32 SpA / 140 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

P2 is here to set up Trick Room as this team is very slow. This is basically your standard P2 set. EVs allow it to survive Golduck's Hydro Vortex in rain and Pelipper's Scald the majority of the time, as well as making 252+ Tapu Lele's Psychic in Psychic Terrain a 3HKO. HP minimises residual damage and Special Attack makes unboosted Ice Beam OHKO 0HP/4SpD Garchomp 56.3% of the time (boosted is a guaranteed OHKO).

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 Def
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Wide Guard
- Protect

This is the first EV spread that I haven't taken from Trainer Tower. Most of Araquanid's damage comes from its Water STAB, so Liquidation is on there because that is its strongest physical Water type move. Lunge and Wide Guard are there for utility since Araquanid's base Attack is actually quite low and it doesn't do that much damage without a Water Bubble boost. Protect is mandatory since this is VGC. 188 Attack EVs is enough to OHKO offensive Arcanine at -1. I then went with max HP for as much mixed bulk as possible then put the rest in Defense since I could survive standard Tapu Koko's Life Orb Thunderbolt outside of Electric Terrain.

Magnezone @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Magnezone is here as a Trick Room sweeper and Tapu/Celesteela check. Life Orb allows me to beat all the Tapus and have an 87.5% chance of OHKOing standard Celesteela. HP Fire because I have no other Fire moves on the team (screw Kartana). Sturdy would be useless with Life Orb, so I chose Magnet Pull because it's more useful than Analytic and lets me trap Celesteela. EV spread is a basic 252/252.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam

Hariyama is here to support my sweepers. The first 3 moves are pretty standard but Heavy Slam is especially for beating Tapu Lele and Mimikyu (who I have found to be a massive pain in the arse). Other options I considered were Feint, Poison Jab and Stone Edge. EVs allow it to survive Tapu Lele's Psychic Terrain Psychic and OHKO back with Heavy Slam. The only problem with this is that Kartana OHKOs with Leaf Blade, so this EV spread may not be the best for this team.

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 44 HP / 212 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Personally, I think Mimikyu is a weird choice for this team. Nevertheless, I have tried to make it work. Destiny Bond is there for a 1-turn redirection option when powered up to Z-Destiny Bond. Shadow Claw means that I'm not dead weight if I'm taunted. Taunt and Will-O-Wisp are just general utility moves, but they could be replaced with moves like Charm, Pain Split or Trick Room. Alternatively, Ghostium Z can be used to power up Shadow Claw, which guarantees an OHKO on Alolan Marowak and Tapu Lele with 212 Attack EVs. I maxed Speed so I'm not completely screwed if Trick Room doesn't go up (although this is very much a hard Trick Room team) then put the rest in HP to maximise bulk.

So I decided to go with a team by Rob Abershoek (ApplePieVGC), which got into top 8 in Sheffield's regionals. The original team can be found here (http://www.trainertower.com/prince-of-persian-top-8-sheffield-regionals-report/) but for the record, I did not look up the sets before making this team.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Brave Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Recycle
- Curse

I think Snorlax was supposed to be the main star of the team but for me kartana steals the show to be honest. Also, since the other members all have mid tier speed, works snorlax as a anti-trick room sweeper thanks for its really low speed (That's also why -speed nature and 0IVs). The EVs might look really simple but without max attack and boosting nature it misses the 100% chance to one shot tapu koko at +1 attack. I decided to go with return over facade for two reasons: first, i have tapu fini on my team so i don't really have to be worried about gettin statused. Secondly, facade would miss the 100% kill chance on koko which i mentioned earlier. Crunch over high horse power because the usage of drifblim has raised lately and crunch also offers a better way to hit celesteela. I feel like the original team might have had belly drum, but honestly i don't see myself ever getting a perfect opportunity to set up it without dying right away or a turn after. Recycle + figy helps me to set up and that's the best snorlax strategy right now so no surprises there.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Trick Room
- Protect

Mimikyu has gained a lot of popularity as a partner of snorlax but honestly in my opinion it's just bad and i would throw it away right away. It can't take hits, it doesn't hit hard, basically it does nothing but i decided to not change any pokemons and stick with the mimikyu. I can see why ApplepieVGC chose this pokemon though. The main reason must have been getting up a trick room and that's what i also decided to go with. I wanted to make this pokemon to hit as hard as possible so i gave it max attack, boosting nature and a life orb but honestly it still misses some important KOs. With all this investment it has 43,8% chance to one shot 164/92 tapu lele and 81,3% chance to one shot univested garchomp. I really wanted to make it 100% but that's the best i could do without going for a choice band which wouldn't be ideal for its main role as a trick room setter. I decided to go with max hp instead of speed because many leles don't run speed investment nowadays and i wouldn't outspeed garchomp anyways. Also the more bulk the bigger chance to get my trick room up if needed. I started with taunt as a fourth move slot move but people tend to double target mimikyu so it couldn't set up a trick room, so i changed it to protect which has been really helpful in many cases.

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Swagger
- Protect

Frankly the main role for fini is to prevent other members to get burned. I also noticed that every pokemon besides fini are physical attackers which means the intimidate weakness is real. That's why I decided to go with swagger, which also helps with really bulky and stally teams which would give me so much trouble otherwise. I wanted to make it more of a bulky swagger support than a sweeper so that's why the EV spread is more focused on bulk. With that investment it can take leaf blade from kartana and even without Sp.attack investment it gets all the important two hit KOs like garchomp,arcanine and marowak. Even though i made it more of a support pokemon, i felt like I couldn't rely on just one attacking move. I chose muddy water as a spamming move but I couldn't really rely on its accuracy so that's why i chose 100% accurate moonblast as a second move. Wiki berry gives it longevity which is really needed and since fini doesn't learn any healing moves, it was the only healing option.

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 20 Def / 44 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Protect

Persian is the most interesting member of the team in my opinion. Foul play is used over night slash or any other attacking move because persian's attack stat is just bad. Fake out and parting shot help my snorlax to set up. I used to have snatch or taunt as the fourth move but they weren't that useful and lacking protect made me lose many games. Sometimes darkinium-Z feels like a waste of item but i think it's the best item for supporting the team. Z-parting shot gives me opportunity to have a comeback in games. It is usually used to give snorlax a second sweep chance or let fini to get back into business. Speed EVs are for outspeeding base 110s since there's not any important pokemons in between base 110-115 speed. HP + SP.Def investment lets me live timid lifeorb koko's dazzling gleam.

Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Roar
- Protect

Arcanine is basically the only pokemon who can handle celesteela easily and that's why i wanted to make it hit as hard as possible to make sure to get the OHKO on celesteela and since most of the celesteelas are made to be more specially bulky, i wanted to have yet another physical attacker. 12 speed EVs are to speedcreep 0 EV mimikyus,leles, and other arcanines, and rest of the EVs are given to bulk and attack to make it as bulky and big of a powerhouse as possible. Flare blitz is used as the main killing move and it also helps me to activate the berry. Extreme speed gives kartana chance to get the KOs it wouldn't otherwise have. Here's some examples:
252+ Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 124-147 (84.9 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (100% with extreme speed)
252+ Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 116-138 (85.9 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (93% after exreme speed)
So why I'm not using helping hand? That's simply because of sash users like kartana and ninetales. Roar is used as my way to stop extreme evoboost sweeps and such. I really wanted to use life orb to max the power but i decided to go with aguav berry because i found life orb more useful on mimikyu and i also need to keep arcanine alive so it can kill celesteela late game. I usually find arcanine kartana lead the most effective especially against hyper offensive teams.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Razor Leaf

Kartana is the other main sweeper alongside with snorlax. As I said before, this team has many midtier speed pokemons so it's kinda weak to trick room teams and really fast teams so I decided to run scarfed kartana which must have been the best possible decision i could have made. 52 speed EVs let me outspeed base 130 pokemons like koko and aerodactyl. There's also couple extra EVs to speed creep other scarfed and set up pokes that aim for the speed of 201. I put investment to Sp.Def to give me access to live modest tapu lele's psychic in terrain and modest tapu koko's life orb thunderbolt in terrain. Movepool is pretty standard: Sacred sword to hit other kartanas and curselax. Razor leaf over night slash because i find having a spread move more important and night slash really only helps with marowak which isn't a big of a problem to my team since i already have fini and persian.

Usual plays I make:

+

This is my most common lead especially against really offensive teams like koko+kartana+lele for example. The idea is to get a fast kill turn one with the combination of extreme speed and one of the attacking moves with kartana before ninetales sets up aurora veil etc. Garchomp and opposing arcanine threatens this lead quite a bit even after intimidated so if I see garchomp or arcanine on my opponent's team and I'm sure he'll lead with either of those, this is not the lead option to go for. Arcanine pairs well with kartana by killing celesteela which would completely wall it otherwise.

+

This compo is the most effective against bulky trick room teams. The idea is to get the swagger on to snorlax as soon as possible and start killing everything with snorlax. Moonblast from fini helps with fighting types snorlax hates to face. If i'm fearing taunt, i usually go with both swagger with fini and curse with snorlax to make sure to get at least one boost on snorlax to let it start sweeping. Terrain changing isn't a big of a deal since koko and lele can't really afford to switch without losing over 50% of health from nonboosted return.

+

This is the to-go pair and lead against any team to be honest and especially against those arcanine/garchomp leads i mentioned before. Foul play from persian hits hard arcanine without any effect from intimidates and fur coat lets me take flare blitzes in return and same goes with garchomp. the only really threat to this duo is tapu koko but my other pokemon can handle it somewhat well. The idea behind leading persian is scouting opposing leads and then usually using parting shot to match well with the opposing pokemons. Fini usually just starts spamming muddy water to get some damage on opposing pokemons and maybe some lucky accuracy drops.

This poor guy barely never hits the field but there are times when it has totally shined. For example against lele + pheromosa compination this pokemon shows its true power by having two options: either setting up a trick room or just killing one of those threats. I must say that every other pokemon i have would get destroyed by that lead so maybe there's a place for mimikyu in my team after all.

Edit: After making this post I decided to read the review of the original team and I'm really surprised how well my thinking process matched the one he had. The main difference must have been specs vs. support fini and I must say i totally disagree with his choice of going with more offensive variant.

Last edited:
So I decided to go with a team by Rob Abershoek (ApplePieVGC), which got into top 8 in Sheffield's regionals. The original team can be found here (http://www.trainertower.com/prince-of-persian-top-8-sheffield-regionals-report/) but for the record, I did not look up the sets before making this team.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Brave Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Recycle
- Curse

I think Snorlax was supposed to be the main star of the team but for me kartana steals the show to be honest. Also, since the other members all have mid tier speed, works snorlax as a anti-trick room sweeper thanks for its really low speed (That's also why -speed nature and 0IVs). The EVs might look really simple but without max attack and boosting nature it misses the 100% chance to one shot tapu koko at +1 attack. I decided to go with return over facade for two reasons: first, i have tapu fini on my team so i don't really have to be worried about gettin statused. Secondly, facade would miss the 100% kill chance on koko which i mentioned earlier. Crunch over high horse power because the usage of drifblim has raised lately and crunch also offers a better way to hit celesteela. I feel like the original team might have had belly drum, but honestly i don't see myself ever getting a perfect opportunity to set up it without dying right away or a turn after. Recycle + figy helps me to set up and that's the best snorlax strategy right now so no surprises there.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Trick Room
- Protect

Mimikyu has gained a lot of popularity as a partner of snorlax but honestly in my opinion it's just bad and i would throw it away right away. It can't take hits, it doesn't hit hard, basically it does nothing but i decided to not change any pokemons and stick with the mimikyu. I can see why ApplepieVGC chose this pokemon though. The main reason must have been getting up a trick room and that's what i also decided to go with. I wanted to make this pokemon to hit as hard as possible so i gave it max attack, boosting nature and a life orb but honestly it still misses some important KOs. With all this investment it has 43,8% chance to one shot 164/92 tapu lele and 81,3% chance to one shot univested garchomp. I really wanted to make it 100% but that's the best i could do without going for a choice band which wouldn't be ideal for its main role as a trick room setter. I decided to go with max hp instead of speed because many leles don't run speed investment nowadays and i wouldn't outspeed garchomp anyways. Also the more bulk the bigger chance to get my trick room up if needed. I started with taunt as a fourth move slot move but people tend to double target mimikyu so it couldn't set up a trick room, so i changed it to protect which has been really helpful in many cases.

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Swagger
- Protect

Frankly the main role for fini is to prevent other members to get burned. I also noticed that every pokemon besides fini are physical attackers which means the intimidate weakness is real. That's why I decided to go with swagger, which also helps with really bulky and stally teams which would give me so much trouble otherwise. I wanted to make it more of a bulky swagger support than a sweeper so that's why the EV spread is more focused on bulk. With that investment it can take leaf blade from kartana and even without Sp.attack investment it gets all the important two hit KOs like garchomp,arcanine and marowak. Even though i made it more of a support pokemon, i felt like I couldn't rely on just one attacking move. I chose muddy water as a spamming move but I couldn't really rely on its accuracy so that's why i chose 100% accurate moonblast as a second move. Wiki berry gives it longevity which is really needed and since fini doesn't learn any healing moves, it was the only healing option.

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 20 Def / 44 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Protect

Persian is the most interesting member of the team in my opinion. Foul play is used over night slash or any other attacking move because persian's attack stat is just bad. Fake out and parting shot help my snorlax to set up. I used to have snatch or taunt as the fourth move but they weren't that useful and lacking protect made me lose many games. Sometimes darkinium-Z feels like a waste of item but i think it's the best item for supporting the team. Z-parting shot gives me opportunity to have a comeback in games. It is usually used to give snorlax a second sweep chance or let fini to get back into business. Speed EVs are for outspeeding base 110s since there's not any important pokemons in between base 110-115 speed. HP + SP.Def investment lets me live timid lifeorb koko's dazzling gleam.

Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Roar
- Protect

Arcanine is basically the only pokemon who can handle celesteela easily and that's why i wanted to make it hit as hard as possible to make sure to get the OHKO on celesteela and since most of the celesteelas are made to be more specially bulky, i wanted to have yet another physical attacker. Flare blitz is used as the main killing move and it also helps me to activate the berry. Extreme speed gives kartana chance to get the KOs it wouldn't otherwise have. Here's some examples:
252+ Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 124-147 (84.9 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (100% with extreme speed)
252+ Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 116-138 (85.9 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (93% after exreme speed)
So why I'm not using helping hand? That's simply because of sash users like kartana and ninetales. Roar is used as my way to stop extreme evoboost sweeps and such. I really wanted to use life orb to max the power but i decided to go with aguav berry because i found life orb more useful on mimikyu and i also need to keep arcanine alive so it can kill celesteela late game. I usually find arcanine kartana lead the most effective especially against hyper offensive teams.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Razor Leaf

Kartana is the other main sweeper alongside with snorlax. As I said before, this team has many midtier speed pokemons so it's kinda weak to trick room teams and really fast teams so I decided to run scarfed kartana which must have been the best possible decision i could have made. 52 speed EVs let me outspeed base 130 pokemons like koko and aerodactyl. There's also couple extra EVs to speed creep other scarfed and set up pokes that aim for the speed of 201. I put investment to Sp.Def to give me access to live modest tapu lele's psychic in terrain and modest tapu koko's life orb thunderbolt in terrain. Movepool is pretty standard: Sacred sword to hit other kartanas and curselax. Razor leaf over night slash because i find having a spread move more important and night slash really only helps with marowak which isn't a big of a problem to my team since i already have fini and persian.

Edit: After making this post I decided to read the review of the original team and I'm really surprised how well my thinking process matched the one he had. The main difference must have been specs vs. support fini and I must say i totally disagree with his choice of going with more offensive variant.
Okay, so I promised I would rate this, so I will, and I think it's pretty good, it would be good if you could explain how you lead with the teams, what different modes the team uses, etc. but aside from that I think it's pretty good.
On the issue of Mimikyu, a lot of people run Ghostium Z so that it can take down Lele, or, if you wanted to go for a more defensive build, you could even go for Mental Herb (which would allow TR to almost always go up).
On Arcanine, I am not sure why you are running 12 Spe, and I am not totally sold on Flare Blitz with Aguav, but I'm sure it works fine.
On Persian, you could run Focus Sash as you don't use it on Kartana, but that's up to you.

Anyway, I think it's pretty good, but it's not up to me to say if it's good enough, so we'll see what RebornFX says.

Okay, so I promised I would rate this, so I will, and I think it's pretty good, it would be good if you could explain how you lead with the teams, what different modes the team uses, etc. but aside from that I think it's pretty good.
On the issue of Mimikyu, a lot of people run Ghostium Z so that it can take down Lele, or, if you wanted to go for a more defensive build, you could even go for Mental Herb (which would allow TR to almost always go up).
On Arcanine, I am not sure why you are running 12 Spe, and I am not totally sold on Flare Blitz with Aguav, but I'm sure it works fine.
On Persian, you could run Focus Sash as you don't use it on Kartana, but that's up to you.

Anyway, I think it's pretty good, but it's not up to me to say if it's good enough, so we'll see what RebornFX says.
Thanks for the feed back. Added the missing information. Simply the 12 speed EVs are for speedcreeping mimikyus, arcanines and leles, somehow i just forgot to mention that. For the mimikyu's set, I find life orb more useful because it gives me a high chance to one shot garchomp unlike Z-move. I was originally going to post the team modes etc but i felt kinda lazy :toast: Now i have added them though.

Hey, I chose to re-build Gavin's team because it gives me the basic idea of how a TR team works. It also seems pretty fun to play with!

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpA / 136 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is an amazing mon on this team. He plays in Trick Room decently. Access to Magnet Pull allows you to trap and KO pesky mons like Celesteela and Metagross. Now, the EV spread here is for most neutral targets. He survives Tapu Lele's Shattered Psyche, Tapu Bulu's Wood Hammer without Choice Band, and un-invested Arcanine's Flamethrower. He also can KO back either Pokemon with Flash Cannon or Thunderbolt. He doesn't survive Pheromosa's HJK or Garchomp's EQ. However, this team has good checks to those two specific Pokemon (Mimikyu & Porygon2 respectively). I use HP Grass just in case of unwanted Rock types like Gigalith.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Def / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Standard VGC TR setter and probably one of the best. Porygon2 is one of the best Eviolite abusers in the meta right now and he can KO many of his checks with a +1 attack (notably +1 Ice Beam at Garchomp) and still wear down opposing checks. Recover provides longevity on the field making Porygon2 a very hard wall to break. Trick Room in order to support the slower mons on this team. And Thunderbolt checks Celesteela and Pelipper. A very solid (literally) Pokemon and definitely a staple on this team.

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Hariyama is special because of his Fake Out. This allows you to stop and KO mons who would other wise use Hariyama as setup bait or outright KO him (like Flynium Z or DD Gyarados). He hits very hard with Close Combat and Knock Off once Guts gets activated, being able to perform feats like being able two 2HKO Celesteela with CC and Marowak-A as well as 2HKO or OHKO many offensive sweepers except the Tapu's. He can disarm threats like Celesteela with Knock Off, and stall with Protect while a team member takes care of a threat.

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

I like Mimikyu because he can act as a solid wincon for my team. Disguise allows him to get a free Swords Dance up and then sweep with Play Rough. When +2 Mimikyu can easily kill threats like Pheromosa and the aformentioned Tapu's. Since he would generally come out only when the opposing team is weakened, I went for Shadow Sneak over Protect in order to kill weakened mons. He is guaranteed to outspeed the base 95 speed tier and outspeeds the base 96 tier if the opposing Pokemon runs anything but a speed boosting nature. I had to make a choice between Fairium Z or Life Orb. I went with Fairium Z because then Mimikyu gets a really powerful Z-Play Rough which is mostly unresisted with the exception of A-Muk, Scizor etc. But then they get hit with a really powerful +2 Shadow Claw. A really powerful Pokemon, he forms an amazing part of this team. (Note:He can play in TR as well if anything above the base 100 tier comes in running max speed e.g. Tapu Koko)

Drampa @ Life Orb
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

Drampa serves as the backup wincon should Mimikyu's checks still be in place. His Life Orb Draco Meteor can has a good chance to kill maximum HP Arcanine and he can 2HKO Specially Defensive Celesteela with Flamethrower, and then 2HKO all other unresisted targets with HV. 0 Speed IV's with a Quiet nature ensure Drampa can function as the fastest Pokemon under TR and maximum HP gives Drampa allows Drampa to survive Heavy slam from 180 Atk Celesteela, and survive a Flare Blitz from Adamant Arcanine. A really solid bulky offensive Pokemon and the best TR abuser in this team right now.

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Protect
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Wide Guard

Last but not least, we have the water bug that everyone hates. Standard EV spread allows for optimal power while retaining bulk, and staying slow in Trick Room. Liquidation, while very effective, may not be able to kill bulkier mons in one shot, so Waterium Z is here to allow a one-time all out nuke that kills even the bulkiest mons. Furthermore, Araquanid can support it's team with Lunge and Wide Guard, blocking things like Magnezone's Choice Specs Discharge and Garchomp's EQ. Protect in order to save Araquanid while a teammate handles the threat.

Hope this is okay!

PS If this does not qualify to allow me to post an RMT for rating, do I get a second chance?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)