Mafia Championship S4 Runoff Voting

who we sending?

• Total voters

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
the Yeti/Ditto deadlock doesn't look like it's moving anytime soon so let's do it this way

i'd like to pick a winner before friday if possible

Ditto makes nice speeches, but how much do you really know about him? How much can you trust him? He's named after a pokemon that is known for lying to everyone about itself and having exceedingly gross amounts of fornication. That should be your first clue, dear readers. But I'm just some new account, let's see what some of our very own Mafia hosts have to say about him.

Yeti in AQUANAfia said:
I admit I was a bit let down by the activity level of Ditto
Yeti in ELECTRO Mafia said:
Ditto is always a crapshoot. Some games he is active, some games you put him as mafia because he's been around the block and he does nothing. Some games he gets a good fake, some games he doesn't. I moved him to this team but I was wary about him+Eagle4 and then Walrein as the brains. Turned out well in true, classic MAGMAfia idling-to-victory. This is indeed the second game in the series his team has won and he has not done a lot
Yeti in MAGMAfia said:
Ditto had asked for an awesome role as a neutral, and we gave him one of two neutrals, but I think he kind of underperformed for what the role was.
Yeti in SANDSEMONIUM said:
Ditto probably played the worst out of anyone, since all he had to do was ask in the thread for STARS to claim as his restrict, but he didn’t post and was godkilled. There really isn’t much more to say than that, since he doomed his faction in doing so.
Now I don't know about all the esteemed people of Circus Maximus, but that certainly doesn't sound like someone I want to trust in representing me at the Season 4 Mafia Championship. This is a time to finally show the internet that Circus Maximus is a force to be reckoned with. Show them that we will not tolerate some amorphous, idling blob to represent us. Instead choose the strong and independent ferocity of a Yeti. Yeti, a name you can trust.

Last edited:

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow... I was planning on conceding to Yeti after a clean and fair race, but it seems that Yeti has decided to stoop to a lower level. I am insulted, and quite overcome with emotion. It is very clear that dittosux is either Yeti or someone in close proximity to her campaign. It's interesting to see at this stage when someone's true colors come out.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I know Yeti only voted for me to cover up her tracks, I will take it as a sign that I am the clear choice to be sent. You've done nothing but ignite my fervor to win. And once I win, you've ignited my fervor to idle.

Is it possible to recuse my vote? I just found out Kongregate is an eligible participant and thus there may be a retroactive conflict of interest. Also, I know my vote won't impact the results, since I voted for Yeti.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Is it possible to recuse my vote? I just found out Kongregate is an eligible participant and thus there may be a retroactive conflict of interest. Also, I know my vote won't impact the results, since I voted for Yeti.
it literally doesn't matter, ditto was planning on conceding from the start

Ditto

/me huggles
so this was staged?
As Walrein stated, I never wanted to play in this. I was just joking around from the beginning and when I was getting ready to write a my concession post, I decided that this would be a bit of fun. A little after I posted the message I informed both Walrein and Yeti that I conceded as to not cause any real drama.

Yeti

dark saturday
The English majors aka critical thinkers among us will not be surprised by the above post

Ditto is a qt

UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ugh, I guess this isn't really the place but there's a major problem playing with esl people. the ones who speak close to completely fluent are fine but otherwise the language barrier can make it /very / difficult to read people properly.

Yeti don't be too generous with forgiving things based on a language barrier

Yeti

dark saturday
when europeans overuse smilies like this :D it pisses me off to no end so if theres a lightwolf in the game im gonna tunnel flame them hardcore.

that said the EoD time i normally select is way off from when europeans would so theres a good chance ill have 1 max

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)