SV DOU made a team as a newbie

I have been playin mainstream pokemon since long now, but recently also got interested in the competitive scene. I create a team to play with in OU doubles and tried to refine it after each matchup and I think it is kind of working for me. please suggest if I can improve something (or is the team even good 'actually').

Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz

Ogerpon (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Spiky Shield

Raging Bolt @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Roar
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderclap
- Volt Switch

Indeedee-F @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Follow Me
- Trick Room
- Protect

Farigiraf @ Throat Spray
Ability: Armor Tail
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpA / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Trick Room

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

I dont know much how to explain the exact roles, so ig I will just say how I play with the team.
1. Mostly I open with Ogerpon and Indeedee and terastalize ogerpon if i need the speed. I use Ivy cudgle + follow me for attacking with ogerpon while trying to not get it sweeped. I may also instead use dazzling gleam with indeedee if i dont need to protect ogerpon for the time being or want to do some more damage. I may also use protect with indeedee if i think opponent is going to attack it (I also want to save it for setting trick room, but just in case i also have farigiraf for trick room).
2. After this strategy is done, i would switch to Incineroar/Raging bolt. I setup trickroom to use these. Incineroar, ragin bolt, and rotom all have switching moves to i often switch them (also activating cat boi's intimidate many times). I may also use Farigiraf for offense (yeah. farigiraf offense built) and its ability may also come rly handy if opponent also plays incineroar or some priority user.
there are also many small methods i use with this team, but idk if i can explain more.

specific pokemon explanation:
1. Incineroar: I use fake out if i need to stop specific pokemon from attacking. Parting shot gives it momentum and stacks with the intimidate ability to lower opponent's offense. knock off and flare blitz are stab. It is also supported by trick room.
2. Ogerpon: Life orb increases its attack which can help in more OHKO. Ivy cudgel, knock off, and play rough are stab moves against specific types I have to counter. spiky shield helps in scouting and also surviving.
3. Raging bolt: primary special attacker. has booster energy to boos Spa. Draco meteor for stab. thunderclap for priority attacking and volt switch gives it momentum. I haven't really use roar in a clutch way till now, but I believe it can be used to remove Spa walls. It is also supported by trick room.
4. Indeedee F: primary wall and trick room setter. also, supports ogerpon using follow me and protect.
5. Farigiraf: Another special attacker and trick room setter pokemon. Calm mind increases Spa and Spd and throat spray also increases Spa after using hyper voice.
6. Rotom-wash: I think water-electric typing with levitate is a nice combo for this pokemon. will-o-wisp for putting status and consistent damage. hydro pump for primarily damaging and volt switch for momentum. protect helps to stall in combination with will-o-wisp.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It seems like you're going the Semi-Room approach with this team.

I'd like to give some pointers:
  1. 1710496535157.png
    -->
    1710496549618.png
    1710496781280.png
    Regular Ogerpon has been used to some success, but I think Ogerpon-Wellspring would be better suited for the team. I have two reasons for this. As a redirector, Waterpon would give more opportunities for Farigiraf to setup Trick Room or for Raging Bolt to use Calm Mind. Speaking of which, I would highly recommend that you change your Raging Bolt's set; it should not be used a phazer.
  2. 1710496566682.png
    -->
    1710496581681.png
    I would also remove Indeedee-F since it's not necessarily needed in the team. Indeedee-F is actually best used a Psychic Terrain setter, and you have no Psychic Terrain abuser. If stopping priority move and setting Trick Room is your primary concern, I would say just Farigiraf will suffice. This leaves an extra space for a mon. You can put any viable mon, but I personally would use Landorus. It can easily KO bulky mons like an opposing Raging Bolt or Archaludon.
  3. 1710496639207.png
    -->
    1710496659554.png
    or
    1710496666584.png
    You should also consider replacing Rotom-W. Sure, it may have some good matchups, but it's just overlapping its role with some of the other mons in the team. Raging Bolt and Waterpon (should you choose to use it) already bring out stronger damage outputs, so Rotom-W's STAB moves are not necessary. Rotom-W's Will-o-Wisp is not necessary either because Incineroar already provides Intimidate. I should note that you can put Will-o-Wisp as part of Incineroar's set as well.This leaves another slot open. My recommendation would be to use either Chien-Pao or Kingambit. Chien-Pao is one of the fastest mons in the meta, and it has a good coverage. Kingambit's AV set also has decent coverage, but due to the good amount of support you already have in the team, I would say the Sword Dance is not a bad choice either.
  4. 1710496801953.png
    1710496817920.png
    My last recommendation is to take a last look at the Strategy Dex. Using EVs to survive specific threats as well as using more optimized movesets will help your team succeed in the long run. Here are the links for Incineroar and Farigiraf.

I hope my feedback has been helpful. If you want more immediate advice, you can always ask at our discord channel.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)