Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 224 HP / 192 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

The leader of the team. M-Venusaur is an absolute tank and matches up well with everything which isn't flying or psychic type. It's a great counter to rain dance teams (except Ferrothorn and Tornadus), 3 of the Tapus, and the new fairy types. I run a defensive set which is intended on keeping M-V healthy most of the time and provide defensive support. The set I run is to increase the longevity of M-V.

1573739445330.png

Wonder Woman (Magearna) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere
- Heart Swap

Magearna has a fantastic defensive typing, and I have used moves on it which hit just over half the pokemon types for super-effective damage. I tend to send it out first especially if the opposition has a Landorus-T, which doesn't expect me to run an ice beam. Heart swap is to steal any boosts by the opponent, and works great especially if it's a z move stat boost. I use aguav berry over assault vest, and the set run makes sure it survives an earthquake from a Landorus (without a choice band).

1573739491107.png

Superman (Dragonite) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

My late game cleaner, Dragonite is a fantastic sweeper. It's bulky enough with that set, and has multiscale to tank at least one super-effective hit. I choose assault vest to increase it's spd to counter ice beams and fairy attacks. 252 EV's in attack to hit as hard as possible. Ice punch, earthquake provide good coverage along with STAB dragon claw. Extreme speed is to hit frail pokemon like Greninja and attack with a good priority.

1573739524314.png

Dr Strange (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast

Tapu Lele is my special sweeper. Psychic surge is a fantastic ability which makes psychic moves hit super hard. Hidden power fire is to hit bulky steel types like Ferrothorn and Scizor. Thunderbolt covers Toxapex, Tapu Fini, Tornadus, etc. I tend to hold Tapu Lele back till the end of the battle to sweep weakened pokemon as it does not have the bulk to resist an attack.

1573739547626.png

Spiderman (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Protect

Gliscor is primarily used to remove hazards . Poison heal is a very good ability and keeps Gliscor healthy in conjunction with protect. Gliscor is immune to moves which are super-effective on Toxapex like ground and electric. Knock off is to remove items like leftovers and life orbs which can be annoying for the opponent. Toxic is a wonderful attack which is very underrated IMO.

1573739580849.png

Black Widow (Toxapex) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic
- Scald
- Haze

Toxapex resists the attacks Gliscor is weak to like Ice and Water, along with fairy and steel moves. Baneful bunker is an awesome move which poisons anyone making a physical attack, like Zen headbutt M-Medicham, acrobatics Hawlucha, U-turns, etc. Regenerator keeps it healthy and scald is to burn any physical attacker. Haze clears out any stat boosts especially if using a Z move like celebrate.

I enjoy using poisoning opponents and hence multiple poison moves. Please rate my team and let me know what can be improved.
I love superheroes and hence such names.

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Setting aside the fact that your team's offensive presence is virtually nonexistent, every single set you have ranges from slightly to extremely suboptimal for the Sun and Moon OU meta. So, before anyone even mentions any potential team member changes, I'm going to list the issues I see with the sets you have at the moment.

Venusaur
This one doesn't require a huge change, just that you need to drop Giga Drain in favor of Hidden Power (HP) Fire. Giga Drain is significantly less useful to Venu especially considering the presence of two other healing moves on your spread, and without HP Fire you lose even a hope of checking Kartana and Mega Scizor, as they can both click Swords Dance in your face and overwhelm your Synthesis usage very quickly. Kart in particular is immune to Leech Seed since it's a Grass-type, meaning you'd be LITERALLY incapable of damaging it without HP Fire.

Magearna
There's something in teambuilding we like to call "role compression." Essentially, role compression is when a specific Pokémon can be used to fulfill multiple roles for a team by virtue of their typing, movepool, stats, etc. Two solid examples I can think of off the top of my head are specially defensive Kommo-o and Choice Scarfed Landorus (see here). Kommo-o provides the team with both a hazard setter and an at least decent check to several threatening special attackers in the tier (most notably Ash Greninja and Blacephalon). Landorus, meanwhile, provides hazard control with Defog, wallbreaking/sweeping capabilities with its high Attack and Earthquake, speed control thanks to its Choice Scarf, AND momentum generation through U-turn.

So, why did I open with that? Because this Mag set is an example of role compression gone wrong. Yes, Magearna gets quite a few useful coverage moves, but the point of using it is not to pile those moves on it. You should instead be choosing only one or two options, then fill in the gaps with your other teammates. Heart Swap (HS) Mag set in particular requires a very specific combination of moves, EVs, items, and natures in order to actually function in the role it's supposed to serve. This is the standard HS Mag set, and this is what you should be using if you bring HS at all. You need much MUCH better special bulk to take on the special sweepers it would normally steal from; you need Pain Split to potentially recover back some HP you might lose while stealing the stats; you need Volt Switch to play around anything your opponent might send in after you prevent their setup sweeper from threatening you; and you need Leftovers to get steady health regeneration.

Dragonite
Dragonite is a fantastic sweeper.
Not with that set it isn't. Not only does your complete lack of Speed investment make it extremely difficult to actually sweep, but running Assault Vest prevents you from running any setup whatsoever to mitigate that lack of investment. It also prevents you from using Roost, so your Multiscale can only ever be intact once, leaving you more vulnerable for the rest of the game. If you want an ACTUAL sweeper Dragonite, you should be running this set. It gives you a Z-move that you otherwise wouldn't have, as well as some more offensive presence that I mentioned you were missing.

Tapu Lele
Like with the Venusaur set, this Lele is basically fine as is. Focus Blast is often preferred over Tbolt to hit things like Tyranitar harder, but without Tbolt you basically have to forfeit the second you see a Celesteela, so I'd say it's fine to keep that. Though on the subject of Celesteela, I want to remind you that the things I'm saying are not guaranteed to "fix" your team, and you'll need to find other solutions to deal with Celesteela and other Pokémon that might trouble you. Anyone else who responds will probably tell you what those are.

Gliscor
Earthquake is a quintessential part of Gliscor's kit and absolutely CANNOT be removed. You should be running that over Knock Off 100% of the time on this set; if you're really desperate for Knock Off, you can swap out Toxic for it. You also really need Roost on this set so it can be a more consistent defensive check, so removing Protect for it is the best course of action.

Toxapex
Like Gliscor, this set is a case of lacking a non-negotiable part of the Pokémon's toolkit. Toxapex absolutely NEEDS Recover for the same reason Gliscor needs Roost: without it, its defensive capabilities are significantly more limited. You can swap out either Toxic or Baneful Bunker for it, though I personally think Bunker is far less useful.

I love that you are using MVenu but whyyy are you using it wrong :(
Besides the fact that there is no way MVenu is comparable to Captain America, you should replace Giga Drain with HP Fire, as scalchop said.
I don't know what the EVs accomplish so I'm going to leave that alone, just going to point out standard set is 252/172+/68/16 or 252/188+/68 since many MMaw don't run max speed anyways
HS Mag doesn't run that set
How is drag going to sweep with literally no speed investment OR dd
Lele is fine
This team sorely needs Chomp over Gliscor
Replace Toxic with Recover Lele is the only thing that prevents this team getting run over by MMedi and MLop (less the former) and Bunker helps alleviate that weakness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)