Lower-Tier Tracking and Reservation Index mk.2

I’d like to do Abra for ADV NU. I see that it already has an analysis, but it’s outdated.
I've spoken with a member of the QC team and they don't think it looks outdated. I also note that it was last updated in 2020. Could you please be more specific about why it is outdated before this is approved?

I will also take shuckle for adv nu :shuckle:
This one could clearly use an update. I think you should be fine to go ahead with this.

I've spoken with a member of the QC team and they don't think it looks outdated. I also note that it was last updated in 2020. Could you please be more specific about why it is outdated before this is approved?

This one could clearly use an update. I think you should be fine to go ahead with this.
If I could give a clearer explanation on Abra, would I be able to go through with the analysis?

Basically, Abra has an updated spread and moveset.

Lead (Abra) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 160 SpA / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Fire Punch / Thunder Punch
- Substitute

This set and it’s spread are objectively better, as they provide a wider range of good/better match-ups on lead such as against Wailord, Flareon, and bulky Glalie (to a certain extent).

The set/spread was created by Pichuflash and myself, and it was tested extensively for an article they should be releasing eventually. These tests were done publicly and posted to Pichuflash’s discord server, which I believe is currently the biggest ADV NU community (depends on how fast the Smogon ADV server grows).

The endure+salac set that currently has an analysis definetly provides a niche against faster mons that Abra wouldn’t beat without the speed from salac, but the set is definitely more niche. The only thing worth mentioning would be how endure paired with salac berry is a possible option for Abra to run (while sacrificing certain mu’s in favor of others), so if I were to make an analysis about Abra I would probably add that somewhere as an option. I could possibly mention it like: Substitute / Endure, Petaya Berry / Salac Berry.

Last edited:
If I could give a clearer explanation on Abra, would I be able to go through with the analysis?

Basically, Abra has an updated spread and moveset.

Lead (Abra) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 160 SpA / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Fire Punch / Thunder Punch
- Substitute

This set and it’s spread are objectively better, as they provide a wider range of good/better match-ups on lead such as against Wailord, Flareon, and bulky Glalie (to a certain extent).

The set/spread was created by Pichuflash and myself, and it was tested extensively for an article they should be releasing eventually. These tests were done publicly and posted to Pichuflash’s discord server, which I believe is currently the biggest ADV NU community (depends on how fast the Smogon ADV server grows).

The endure+salac set that currently has an analysis definetly provides a niche against faster mons that Abra wouldn’t beat without the speed from salac, but the set is definitely more niche. The only thing worth mentioning would be how endure paired with salac berry is a possible option for Abra to run (while sacrificing certain mu’s in favor of others), so if I were to make an analysis about Abra I would probably add that somewhere as an option. I could possibly mention it like: Substitute / Endure, Petaya Berry / Salac Berry.
I don't think this set is substantially different enough to warrant a full revamp (which would require substantially more effort from our QC/GP teams). If you can get approval from a QC member, you can do a smaller update.

I don't think this set is substantially different enough to warrant a full revamp (which would require substantially more effort from our QC/GP teams). If you can get approval from a QC member, you can do a smaller update.
As I was rushed when writing my original message, I forgot to mention that this set is specifically a lead, whereas the set that currently has an analysis is a late game sweeper. They have completely different roles. I don’t necessarily have to overwrite the old analysis, but I believe the spread that Pichuflash and myself came up with is still ultimately better for any abra set. I could do a small update on that as well, but they could be put into the same analysis since they would use a similar set and the same evs.

I’ll try to get in contact with a qc about this (most likely rabia as they wrote the original abra analysis I believe).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)