Resource Lost Moves in BDSP

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Lost Moves in BDSP

Hello everyone! To help whoever is going from gen8 to BDSP, here is a list of the moves Pokémon "lost" between SWSH and the remakes due to missing TMs, Move Tutors and the likes. I took the learnsets masterpaste from the original datamine by Kaphotics as well as a list of all the Pokémon that were OU/UUBL/UU in gen8 to come up with it, looking only for the most used moves in competition.

Keep in mind that it should be possible to obtain most of those in the games (= they will made available in competition) once Home compatibility has been implemented in early 2022. It means this disappearance is only temporary unless the moves are not coded into the game to begin with (with in italic those who are not, from a sheet Anubis put together).

:alakazam: Trick
:azelf: Knock Off, Psyshock
:blaziken: Thunder Punch, Knock Off, High Jump Kick
:blissey: Teleport
:chansey: Teleport
:clefable: Soft-Boiled, Knock Off, Seismic Toss, Psyshock, Teleport
:crawdaunt: -
:dragonite: Dual Wingbeat, Scale Shot, Ice Punch
:garchomp: Fire Fang, Scale Shot
:gengar: Sludge Wave
:gyarados: Bounce, Power Whip
:heatran: Heavy Slam
:hippowdon: Toxic
:jirachi: Iron Head, Stored Power, Trick, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Aura Sphere
:latias: Trick, Mystical Fire, Future Sight, Psyshock, Aura Sphere
:latios: Trick, Mystical Fire, Future Sight, Psyshock, Aura Sphere
:mamoswine: Superpower, Knock Off, Endeavor
:moltres: Toxic, Mystical Fire, Overheat
:nidoking: Superpower
:pelipper: Weather Ball
:rhyperior: Toxic, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Heat Crash
:rotom-wash: & :rotom-heat: Defog, Pain Split, Toxic
:salamence: Dual Wingbeat, Hurricane
:scizor: Knock Off, Superpower, Bug Bite
:skarmory: Body Press
:slowbro: Psyshock, Toxic, Teleport
:slowking: Psyshock, Toxic, Teleport, Dragon Tail
:swampert: Flip Turn, Toxic, Ice Punch
:tangrowth: Toxic, Synthesis
:tentacruel: Toxic, Toxic Spikes
:tyranitar: Superpower, Toxic (Pursuit still dead :[)
:weavile: Knock Off, Triple Axel, Low Kick
:zapdos: Hurricane, Weather Ball, Heat Wave

For a more complete list, Kris created a script to get all the viable (according to PS! teambuilder) moves lost in BDSP by Pokémon; here is the result! Please note that this might not be all the moves a Pokémon does not have access to anymore (i.e Gyarados lost Bounce because it could only learn it through Magikarp, which itself lost Bounche), but it remains much more complete than mine. If you are interested by seeing which new moves Pokémon got, I invite you to have a look at this post by chlo.

Feel free to leave a message on my profile if I made any mistake or overlooked something relevant. I'll do my best to add more Pokémon as time goes (and depending on the feedback/whether or not people actually find this useful now that the metagame is out). Enjoy!

Last edited:

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Garchomp -> Aqua Tail.

Jirachi -> Bslam, Toxic, Icy Wind.

Ttar -> Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Aqua Tail.

Zapdos -> Toxic.

I've done comparisons in the teambuilder, and Arceus lost:

Physical: Aqua Tail, Frustration, Iron Head, Liquidation, Outrage, Poison Jab, Return, Zen Headbutt

Special: Ancient Power, Heat Wave, Hidden Power, Psyshock, Spacial Rend

Status: Hone Claws, Iron Defense, Magic Coat, Refresh, Tailwind, Toxic, Trick

I didn't include moves that appear in "Usually Lost Moves".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)