SS Doubles OU Looking for feedback on how to improve this team

I'm pretty new to competitive pokémon and I want to know the flaws of this team and what pokemon I should replace or improve on. I feel like the main weakness to this team is trick-room, as it relies on speed especially with pokemon like Regieleki. The main idea of this team is to have two options for leads. Regieleki and Tapu Koko, and Kyurem B and Alolan Ninetales. Then the rest of the Pokémon can easily switch out using flipturn, voltswitch etc. Tapu koko comes in with Regieleki to set up Electric Terrain, and switches out to another pokemon, usually Urishifu-R or Alolan Ninetales (to set up aurora veil).Regieleki can be used as a speed control pokemon with electroweb and do big damage with thunderbolt. I use hyper beam if I know it will be ko'd and I need to do big damage to an opponent. Since ground is immune to electric, I more commonly lead with Kyurem B and Alolan Ninetales. Kyurem is used to do damage to opponents that arent affected by Ninetale's blizzard, and Ninetales is a support when it isn't using blizzard. Barraskewda is probably the most replaceable member of the team, the only reason I have it there is for flipturn against fire types that are super effective against ice, but Urishifu fills that spot well and I think I need more room for type diversity.
Regieleki @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electroweb
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam
- Thunder

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Volt Switch
- Roar
- Roost

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Blizzard
- Protect

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Propeller Tail
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Flip Turn
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 8 SpD / 152 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power

Interesting that Koko gets roar, no way that's viable though. I too use scarf Regieleki, consider Electro Ball over thunder.

Barraskewda makes some sense on rain teams I think, but why is it here? I'm not sure it's bad but it seems random.

Idk about specially based Kyu-B, seems you could do that w/ white. But either way Freeze-Dry seems good for water/ground types.

Last edited:
Kyurem-W is in ubers
Also Im probably replacing barraskewda but i was going to use it to counter follow me pokemon, but thats not really a problem bc most of my pokemon have moves that hit both opponents. Im probably going to replace it with incineroar

Eleki really doesn’t need scarf unless your running electro ball it already outspeeds like everything, you could consider giving it specs or magnet

On the matter of Eleki, mine has 12 less HP for 4 more def and 8 more SpD. This does something I believe, I can look into the calcs if you don't believe.

In BSS Scarf Eleki can be great w/ the current restricted that are allowed-it outspeeds scarf Caly-S. And airstreamers at +2, but since neither of those exist in OU you should be able to improve using the suggested items or lo

Whichever item you use I believe Eletro Ball is a strong option. But idk OU Lol:/

I run eleki on like all my ou teams and even tailwind teams don’t outspeed it and since you can’t dynamax in ou max airstream is irrelevant, thought I don’t doubt scarf eleki is good in different formats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)