LonelyLaddering (Offline!)

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm gonna start streaming laddering with live commentary every night. You can watch replays of my streams on youtube. The first one I did was tonight for a couple of hours and we had about 40 viewers concurrently throughout the whole thing it was a lot of fun! I will update this thread with when I'm streaming (the title will say whether or not I'm live).

[youtube]Az613-FF_j0[/youtube]

If you have any comments or suggestions on how I can make this better, feel free to let me know!

Also I guess thanks to kd24 for the idea....

Looks great! I think it'd be more entertaining to have someone else watching and talking with you, as the commentary would be smoother and it's hard to talk to yourself for hours. Then again, you'd have to find someone who'd want to hang out and stuff. In any case, it's off to a good start and I'm sure we'll be looking forward to more!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, great stuff that would hopefully become a thing in Smogon ;) Have a friend or two join your hangout for more commentary

the video quality is really cruddy, though - the battlescreen is so blurry that it hurts my eyes. If it wasn't for your commentary, I would not have been able to keep track of your battle progress

Neat! The main problem, as stated before, was the video part. I think you might want to try getting rid of the lobby while you show it? That might make it easier to see. Also, perhaps have a sort-of RMT thing, where you explain your thought process when you made the team?

It's an awesome idea, and I hope there's more soon!

This is an interesting idea, although to be honest the fact that it's battles in the ladder kinda turns me off, but hey, that's my predjudice.

I'm currently still watching, but I do have a question to ask: in your third battle, where your opponent beat you with Hurricane spamming outside of Rain, why did you leave Raikou in on Umbreon? I know that you'd have beat it without that crit, but you wouldn't have swept in any case because his Ambipom was still alive and you couldn't possibly keep a Sub up against FP Umby... In turn, you'd have exchanged a virtual 1 for 1 (you could switch out of Ambipom, but your Raikou was suddenly incapable of taking hits), losing the ability to set up on Specs Hurricanes... And you'd said it yourself, Raikou was your wincon.

That really is more of a playing question than about video quality, simply because it the latter is to be expected; live streaming isn't the easiest thing to do.

EDIT: I also had some issues with some of your comments, lol. Not Thunder Waving Hera with Kiss because it gets a boost (you outspeed the next turn), or Umbreon taking Nidoking's Ice Beams all day unless they freeze (Sheer Force = no freeze chance), other than that, it's pretty cool.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I did some more live laddering tonight - KD24 and Faint joined in on the fun to commentate with me!

[youtube]i4YnGoJWHFw[/youtube]

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ROFL - there were so many hilarious quotes in this live lmao

"Faint, what do I do next!" - LN

"how much does sand do" - Faint

"this is why you're tier 4, LN" - kd24

"OMG he's listening to the stream to meta me!!" - LN

just watching LN floundering through each ladder game with kd24 and Faint ghosting him was funny by itself xD I couldn't stop laughing. This is why LN is the #1 smogcast host, b/c of the ridiculous shit he says and do

Anyways, why is this on UU Discussion forum???

EDIT: That said, NP + 3 Atk Celebi did some serious work ;d. Keldeo + Landorus + TTar actually didn't see much action lol

Pocket

UGH THIS WAS THE BIGGEST WASTE OF MY 2 HRS THIS YEAR

kd24, please take over the UU laddering cast! LonelyNess obviously aint climbing the ladder..

This cast really show-cased the bulky-as-fuck state of current UU - LN lost because he simply couldn't break through the opponent's defensive core with his balanced team. I liked how his opponent had anti-Togekiss measure by practically having a status move on every single Pokemon of his. This was an uphill battle the moment LN offered tribute to the opponent by sacrificing his CB Flygon, which would have been the primary source of wallbreaking. A SD Guts Heracross would probably fit well on this team, too.

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
New game: Take a shot every time LonelyNess says "shut the hell up"

The 200-turn game is probably the most hilarious thing I have seen in a long time. "Why would he switch Tangrowth into Swampert?" trololololol. The commentary in the background just makes it even better. Keep them coming LN.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Pocket, you are aware that all of Togekiss, Sableye, and Raikou were easy win conditions for LN, right? lol. That game is not an indicator of LN's team being unable to break the other, it was just that... LN played like shit on virtually every turn.

At any point where Raikou was at 100% (which happened a few times) and the other guy went to Umbreon, all LN had to do was stay in, Calm Mind 3 times WITHOUT USING SUB, and proceed to 2HKO.

Togekiss should have been played more liberally. Had LN simply been willing to sacrifice a ton of its HP (he could literally let it get to 26% without consequences) to get Bronzong to a state where it couldn't take a hit from anything anymore, then he could Heal Bell later, and bring it back in on pretty much anything to Roost up, then sweep.

The most blatantly obvious win condition was Sableye, though. Sableye alone would have 6-0d the other guy but somehow LN didn't see that.

This post wasn't really meant to critisize LN, though (I've done that enough already lol), just mostly to point out that Pocket it wrong so people don't draw false conclusions from his post!!

Pocket

well I wasn't "wrong" in stating that LN couldn't break through the defensive team...cuz he didn't ;o

Granted there were win conditions available to LN, but I was simply stating that having a CB Flygon to grab U-turns and nuke stuff with EQ or Outrage would have definitely made this a lot easier than any advanced maneuvering that you have mentioned. Same with having SD Heracross.

Not to mention your win plan isn't exactly strong, since the opponent can easily bring in Zapdos on Togekiss without risking Bronzong. Raikou is a good one, though, but still risks losing to a crit or if Umbreon decides to Toxic and do some Poison-stall shenanigans

:|

EDIT: Also yea LN is a terrible Sableye trainer x0

Pocket

Yea, this was less troll-tastic and more awesome - reachzero to the rescue! Btw, wouldn't Scarf Mienshao pretty much covers the team's slight issue with Scarf Heracross / DD Scrafty / Scarf Krookodile? Nice to see Shake on a stream, too ;D - Layell with his puns -.-;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)