LogicMons V2: Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings

I would make fun of Pidgeot apparently able to go at Mach 2 speeds but has 91 base Spe, but that might mess with its Mega, so I’ll leave it for someone else or for another time.
In real life, there are a lot of things that move at fast speeds (such as the Moon) but are difficult to brake or steer. The speed stat in Pokemon lets Pokemon move earlier in response to commands, so I think that's more analogous to braking/steering ability than literal speed. Pidgeot's stats and description don't conflict at all; maybe it can quickly fly a long distance but can't quickly stop its flight to use a move.
lugia, dragalge, masquerian get water born: the former is associated with water such as being in the whirlpool islands and the other 2's preevos are water born
could also have a case for the yanma line to get the ability b/c dragonflies are water born
I think the real problem is that a lot of Pokemon based on aquatic animals have no water attacks to start with. This is what I propose.

Yanma, Delibird, Yanmega, Nihilego: +surf
Farfetch'd, Grimer, Muk, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Beartic, Inkay, Malamar, Avalugg, Dhelmise: +liquidation

Similarly, some Pokemon based on burrowing animals learn no good ground attacks.

Raichu, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion: +earth power
Paras, Parasect, Durant: +earthquake

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yung Dramps is there anything I should correct? I noticed it wasn’t liked, so if there is something you want me to change, please let me know, so it can be worthy of approval.

High Horsepower- Zebstrika line, Type-Null line. “Horselike/quadruped Pokemon”

Inner Focus- Allows for Focus Punch to work and prevents any Flinch.

According to the Gen 7 Pokédex:

“Inner Focus- The Pokémon's intensely focused, and that protects the Pokémon from flinching”

Focus Punch is a focused attack, and it shouldn’t flinch.
———

Last edited:
+Aqua Jet +20 Speed
"It zooms out of the water at Mach speeds. Even large ships caught in its path are split cleanly in two!"

+Beat Up +Hunter - Opponents with status conditions can't switch out.
"If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, Cacturne will follow in a ragtag group. The Pokémon are biding their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving."

Last edited:
Are you still taking subs? Cuz I have a whole influx of ideas:
+Solar Power
"Exposure to sunlight adds to its strength. Sunlight also makes the bud on its back grow larger." (Ivysaur, Gold)
"By spreading the broad petals of its flower and catching the sun's rays, it fills its body with power." (Venusaur, Gold)
"It is able to convert sunlight into energy. As a result, it is more powerful in the summertime." (Venusaur, Silver)
+Shell Smash, -10 speed to not make mega too OP
C'mon, it's a turtle with a shell! How can it not smash it? If that isn't enough, it is part of the Water 1 egg group, where pokemon like Carracosta, Omastar, and Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss could pass it on, or Turtonator in the Monster group. To compensate for its likely high offensive power, Blastoise's speed will be lowered so it can be revenge killed more easily.
+Mega Launcher, +Aura Sphere, +Dark Pulse
Okay, you're telling me that a pokemon whose arms are literally cannons, can't learn the ability where you basically shoot stuff out of a cannon?! Ridiculous! Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere were added to have moves to take advantage of this ability, and Dark Pulse should make sense due to many pokes in its Egg Group being able to learn it via TM, so they can pass it on freely.
+Regenerator (replaces Sticky Hold or Sand Force)
"It has a pliable body without any bones. If any part of its body is torn off, it grows right back." (Diamond)
"It has strong regenerative capabilities. Even if parts of it are bitten off by fish Pokémon, it will return to normal within a few hours." (Sun)
+Pursuit
"Always furious and tenacious to boot. It will not abandon chasing its quarry until it is caught." (Red/Blue)
"It is always outrageously furious. If it gives chase, it will tenaciously track the target no matter how far." (FireRed)

+Heal Bell
How has this never been made before? It is literally a floating bell, and Heal Bell's description involves a soothing bell chime. Well, shouldn't the pokemon modeled after a bell make a sound like a bell?!
+Typing changed to Dragon/Ground, +Dragon Claw, +Outrage, +Draco Meteor
Dunsparce is a combination of a land snake and a cryptid, which are animals that are not believed to exist but actually might, and a dragon falls under that category. Dragon Claw, Outrage and Draco Meteor are because those are standard Dragon moves.

+ Sheer Force, Anger Point (HA)
"The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything." The "Brutal" Pokemon that goes around destroying everything. Doesn't need much more than that does it?

"Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack." Pretty self explanatory, if it's furious at anything it sees than Anger Point makes sense. Though without a brain, can it feel anger?

+ Drought
"When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona’s fire provided a replacement for the sun." It's also the "Sun Pokemon".

+Solar Power
"Exposure to sunlight adds to its strength. Sunlight also makes the bud on its back grow larger." (Ivysaur, Gold)
"By spreading the broad petals of its flower and catching the sun's rays, it fills its body with power." (Venusaur, Gold)
"It is able to convert sunlight into energy. As a result, it is more powerful in the summertime." (Venusaur, Silver)
C'mon, it's a turtle with a shell! How can it not smash it? If that isn't enough, it is part of the Water 1 egg group, where pokemon like Carracosta, Omastar, and Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss could pass it on, or Turtonator in the Monster group. To compensate for its likely high offensive power, Blastoise's speed will be lowered so it can be revenge killed more easily.
Okay, you're telling me that a pokemon whose arms are literally cannons, can't learn the ability where you basically shoot stuff out of a cannon?! Ridiculous! Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere were added to have moves to take advantage of this ability, and Dark Pulse should make sense due to many pokes in its Egg Group being able to learn it via TM, so they can pass it on freely.
"It has a pliable body without any bones. If any part of its body is torn off, it grows right back." (Diamond)
"It has strong regenerative capabilities. Even if parts of it are bitten off by fish Pokémon, it will return to normal within a few hours." (Sun)
+Pursuit
"Always furious and tenacious to boot. It will not abandon chasing its quarry until it is caught." (Red/Blue)
"It is always outrageously furious. If it gives chase, it will tenaciously track the target no matter how far." (FireRed)

+Heal Bell
How has this never been made before? It is literally a floating bell, and Heal Bell's description involves a soothing bell chime. Well, shouldn't the pokemon modeled after a bell make a sound like a bell?!
Dunsparce is a combination of a land snake and a cryptid, which are animals that are not believed to exist but actually might, and a dragon falls under that category. Dragon Claw, Outrage and Draco Meteor are because those are standard Dragon moves.
Taking 10 speed off of Blastoise would take it out of the typical Starter BST range. Suggesting adding +10 Defense to put it back in that range and also because it's a big ol turtle with a big ol shell.

Dragon Claw makes no damn sense for Dunsparce. First of all, it doesn't have claws, and second off, it already gets Dragon Rush, a powerful but inaccurate move that fits perfectly with Coil.

I also strongly disagree with making Dunsparce Dragon instead of Poison. It is specifically based on a tsuchinoko, which A. isn't a dragon B. is said to have venom.

Fine, the Dunsparce change was stupid, I'll admit, but everything else makes sense.
Oh, on that note, I'd like to suggest a couple more changes:
+Shell Smash
See Blastoise post for reasons why it should get it, plus it is also in Monster Egg group where Turtonator can pass it on.
+Spikes, +Rough Skin, +Volatile (when pokemon is at 33% health or lower, automatically uses Explosion)
Just look at this thing's shell. Please tell me that this turtle whose shell is obviously covered in spikes shouldn't get the move with the same name, and Rough Skin because touching spikes hurts you, am I right?
As for Volatile:
"The shell on its back is chemically unstable and explodes violently if struck. The hole in its stomach is its weak point." (Sun)
Volatile: Give to Blacephalon and Electrode (replaces Aftermath) as well, their dex entries talk about how they often explode themselves.
Pure Power: now doubles Special Attack instead
Meditite and Medicham's entries talk about their psychic powers more than physical force, and psychic is very much related to special attack more than attack
+Teeter Dance
"Jynx walks rhythmically, swaying and shaking its hips as if it were dancing. Its motions are so bouncingly alluring, people seeing it are compelled to shake their hips without giving any thought to what they are doing." (Ruby/Sapphire)
"It speaks a language similar to that of humans. However, it seems to use dancing to communicate." (SoulSilver)
"It sways its hips to a rhythm all its own. The precise movements of Jynx living in Alola are truly wonderful." (Ultra Sun)
+Levitate, +Shadow Ball
Alolan Raichu is literally floating on its tail! How does it not get the ability that literally means it is floating? Shadow Ball because almost all other Psychic-types learn it, so there should be no reason why this shouldn't.
+Fur Coat
Koalas, which Komala is based off of, are literally covered everywhere with fur. Bulbapedia's description of it goes into detail of the fur on its body, so it should be able to get the ability that states the exact name of it.
+Hypnosis
"It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance." (Black)

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
+Fur Coat
Koalas, which Komala is based off of, are literally covered everywhere with fur. Bulbapedia's description of it goes into detail of the fur on its body, so it should be able to get the ability that states the exact name of it.
Honestly I'm not sure about that one because of comatose and everything plus Fur Coat isn't given to every pokemon with fur. Persian-a's and Furfrou's fur are defining characteristics to them, Komala's isn't that important in comparison.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Probably should give commentary on some of these
+Solar Power
+Pursuit

+Heal Bell
Primeape already gets Pursuit, Blastoise will get an additional 10 defense and Dunsparce will be Poison/Ground. Everything else is approved.

+ Sheer Force, Anger Point (HA)
"The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything." The "Brutal" Pokemon that goes around destroying everything. Doesn't need much more than that does it?

"Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack." Pretty self explanatory, if it's furious at anything it sees than Anger Point makes sense. Though without a brain, can it feel anger?

+ Drought
"When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona’s fire provided a replacement for the sun." It's also the "Sun Pokemon".
Hydreigon will get Anger Point. Volcarona will also gain Drought but will immediately be banned to Ubers.

Yung Dramps is there anything I should correct? I noticed it wasn’t liked, so if there is something you want me to change, please let me know, so it can be worthy of approval.

High Horsepower- Zebstrika line, Type-Null line. “Horselike/quadruped Pokemon”

Inner Focus- Allows for Focus Punch to work and prevents any Flinch.

According to the Gen 7 Pokédex:

“Inner Focus- The Pokémon's intensely focused, and that protects the Pokémon from flinching”

Focus Punch is a focused attack, and it shouldn’t flinch.
———
I forgot to give Ninetales a Ghost Attack, as it currently only has Hex and Ominous Wind, which are both below 70 Base power.

Here is a lore-relevant move that’s Attack description matches Ninetails’ Nature:

“The user emits a sinister ray to attack the target. This move can be used on the target regardless of its Abilities.” - Moongeist Beam

Compare to Ninetails own Omega Ruby Dex:
“NINETALES casts a sinister light from its bright red eyes to gain total control over its foe’s mind. This POKéMON is said to live for a thousand years.”
————
As for Ninetails-Alolan, since it does seem to be seen as divine I will bestow upon it Judgment.

“It lives on mountains perpetually covered in snow and is revered as a deity incarnate. It appears draped in a blizzard.” - Let’s Go Eevee & Pikachu

“Borrowing the power of the moon, the user attacks the target. This may also lower the target's Sp. Atk stat.” - Moonblast

I wanted to give Ninetales-Alolan Moonblast as regular Vulpix and Ninetails draw power from the Sun (Drought) and would have Moongeist Beam, so another Moon based Attack that would better fit Alolan-Ninetales would be Moonblast.

Afterall, Hail, like Rain tends to come when the sun is not shining, and can be more heavy during the night time, when the Moon is out.

Unfortunately since Gen 7 Pokémon do not have many Pokédex entries, I am also basing it off Moon vs Sun as in since they summon different weathers.
————
Origin Pulse to Blastoise. It’s a better Hydro Pump that can use Mega Launcher.
The High Horsepower/Inner Focus changes look fine, but no to giving out the listed legendary signature moves. Also, Ninetales-Alola already gets Moonblast, and regular will get Shadow Ball.

Fine, the Dunsparce change was stupid, I'll admit, but everything else makes sense.
Oh, on that note, I'd like to suggest a couple more changes:
+Shell Smash
See Blastoise post for reasons why it should get it, plus it is also in Monster Egg group where Turtonator can pass it on.
+Spikes, +Rough Skin, +Volatile (when pokemon is at 33% health or lower, automatically uses Explosion)
Just look at this thing's shell. Please tell me that this turtle whose shell is obviously covered in spikes shouldn't get the move with the same name, and Rough Skin because touching spikes hurts you, am I right?
As for Volatile:
"The shell on its back is chemically unstable and explodes violently if struck. The hole in its stomach is its weak point." (Sun)
Volatile: Give to Blacephalon and Electrode (replaces Aftermath) as well, their dex entries talk about how they often explode themselves.
Pure Power: now doubles Special Attack instead
Meditite and Medicham's entries talk about their psychic powers more than physical force, and psychic is very much related to special attack more than attack
+Teeter Dance
"Jynx walks rhythmically, swaying and shaking its hips as if it were dancing. Its motions are so bouncingly alluring, people seeing it are compelled to shake their hips without giving any thought to what they are doing." (Ruby/Sapphire)
"It speaks a language similar to that of humans. However, it seems to use dancing to communicate." (SoulSilver)
"It sways its hips to a rhythm all its own. The precise movements of Jynx living in Alola are truly wonderful." (Ultra Sun)
+Levitate, +Shadow Ball
Alolan Raichu is literally floating on its tail! How does it not get the ability that literally means it is floating? Shadow Ball because almost all other Psychic-types learn it, so there should be no reason why this shouldn't.
+Fur Coat
+Hypnosis
"It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance." (Black)
Komala has already been shut down, and Turtonator's spikes seemingly aren't removable. Everything else looks good.

P.S. Spreadsheet work might begin soon if anyone's interested ;]

Geez, from the look of it, this meta is overwhelmingly offensive. I'm not sure stall will be viable in this meta, despite some of the defensive buffs that were given like Fur Coat Stoutland, Regen Gastro, and Soothing Aura Sylveon. Maybe next slate we should focus on more defensive changes? Only playtesting will tell tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)