Little Known Pokes of Gen 5 -- (Warstory by The Ush)

Ok guys. Here's my 2nd Warstory. I finally got around to throwing a 5th gen team together focused around the coolest, most original pokemon of gen 5: Shibirudon. No weaknesses, pretty darn bulky, and packs a punch. Good enough for me. I also try to use the element of surprise on ever one of my teams, so I slapped choice scarfs on some guys. That, plus looking at a sheet of stat spreads is how I came up with my first squad. It's a quick battle, but I wanted to make a Gen 5 Warstory and show off 2 pretty new underused pokes and this was the first half decent game I played. Now, to the show: The Ush (me) vs. MurgleIII

Pokemon Battle -- Little Known Pokes of 5th Gen

The Ush's Team:
--->
<---

Do you even know this vulture's name? Probably not. Well it's Barujiina. Oh, you knew that? Yea, sike. She's unreal though...

MurgleIII's Team will be shown after the warstory. Don't peek to fully understand my thought process.

Battle Log in Bolded Black, Comments in Unbolded Blue
Current Health in Unbolded Black
(Leftovers recovery omitted, but factored into Current Health).

OU Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Species Clause, Timed Battle, Gary Oak Item Clause
The Ush sent out Empoleon (lvl 100 Empoleon ♂).
MurgleIII sent out Blaziken (lvl 100 Blaziken ♂).

-- 100% VS.
-- 100%

Till now, Empoleon has ended up being my favorite 5th Gen lead. He can get up rocks and even come back later to knock out pokes. He packs a punch!

Ok so if I've learned one thing about Dream World abilities, it's that most teams have a Blaziken that all just happen to have Speed Boost. Oh, and they all happen to use Swords Dance the first turn they're out. So a lead Blaziken would be no problemo. I have Aqua Jet, so after taking him down to a sash, his speed boosts won't help him. Stopping a first turn sweep is more important than getting up rocks. Plus, I can put rocks up after I knock him out (hopefully unscathed). Worst comes to worst, I get knocked down to my sash before I kill the Blaziken.

Blaziken used Claw Sharpen.
Blaziken's attack was raised.
Blaziken's accuracy was raised.
Empoleon used Hydro Pump.
Empoleon's attack missed!
Blaziken's Speed Boost raised its speed!

Empoleon -- 100% VS. Blaziken -- 100% (+1 Attack, Speed, and Accuracy?!?!)

Dang miss. Yet, interesting... Claw Sharpen to raise accuracy so that HJK and Stone Edge aren't an issue (any other attacks I'm not thinking of?). Is that worth the extra attack loss? Dunno. But, the miss means that I'm going down to the sash to take this threat out. The next Hydro Pump better hit.

Blaziken used Dynamicpunch.
It's super effective!
Empoleon lost 100% of its health.
Empoleon hung on using its Focus Sash!
Empoleon became confused!
Empoleon is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Empoleon lost 0% of its health.
The Ush's Empoleon fainted.

-- Lolwut? (O_o) VS.
-- 100% (+2 Speed, +1 Attack and Accuracy)

Score:
The Ush - 5
MurgleIII - 6

-_-

Ugh what the heck were the odds of that? Raising accuracy is x1.33 right? Which means that Dynamicpunch had 67% chance of hitting, and confused pokes hit themselves 50% of the time, which means that there was a 33% chance of this happening...

MurgleIII: :D
The Ush: -_-
MurgleIII: :DDDDDDDDDD
The Ush: im considering a rage quit
MurgleIII: lol
MurgleIII: welll
MurgleIII: sure
MurgleIII: fine
The Ush: ...
MurgleIII: more wins!!!
The Ush: ima try
The Ush: but this sucks
The Ush: like a hoover
MurgleIII: lol
Well, I had an 80% chance of hitting first turn anyways. Grrr, I don't even have rocks up! So now I gotta not get swept. Celebi is very bulky, but he's got super effective moves on it. My whole teams outsped. My sweepers can't take hits. Shibirudon can take a hit, but I don't think he can proceed to stroke the Blaziken. So I gotta go to Barujiina, who's my SPECIAL defensive wall. Yeesh this isn't going very well.

The Ush switched in Barujiina (lvl 100 Barujiina ♀).

(This poke is so new and unnoticed that a back sprite of her is not even available yet on Bulbapedia!)

-- 100% VS.
-- 100% (+2 Speed, +1 Attack and Accuracy)

It didn't take me long to realize that this is my one shot.

Blaziken used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Barujiina lost 100% of its health.
Barujiina used Whirlwind.
MurgleIII switched in Breloom (lvl 100 Breloom ♂).

-- 6% VS.
-- 100%

Wait... did I read that right? 100% damage? Just so you guys know, she's got lefties and that's why she's got 6% hp. I think I've discovered an official beast. She's earned her spot on the team.

Well Breloom's out against my wall, and no one's ever been happy to see that. I doubt anyone's thought "Oh sweet! One of my pokes is 100% asleep. NICE!"
I don't want any of my other pokes to have to take a spore at 100%, and this bird is near dead, so I'm just hoping she can still be used as sleep fodder.

Breloom used Spore.
Barujiina fell asleep!
Barujiina is fast asleep!

Barujiina -- 12% (Asleep) VS. Breloom -- 100%

Now I've got just the onion head waiting in the wings. Celebi can take any seed bomb, focus punch, and isn't even affected by leech seed. It's even got hp fire! Perfect counter! But wait... no toxic orb? What the heck does that mean?

The Ush switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Breloom used Swords Dance.
Breloom's attack was sharply raised.

-- 100% VS.
-- 100% (+2 Attack)

Could this guy set up more? But honestly, what's the worst Breloom can do? This is physically bulky Celebi and I don't know any moves Loom has that do more than "not very effective" damage. Ready, aim, HP FIRE!

Celebi used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Breloom lost 67% of its health.
Breloom used Bullet Seed.
It's not very effective...
Celebi lost 17% of its health.
Celebi lost 17% of its health.
Celebi lost 18% of its health.
Hit 3 time(s)!
Breloom lost 10% of its health.

Celebi -- 54% VS. Breloom -- 23% (+2 Attack)

Uhh doesn't bullet seed have like 3 base power? That did a ton! Thank goodness it didn't get 5 hits. After a quick check I see Breloom got Technician in Gen 5. At least it didn't randomly get X-Scissor. Time to burn this shroom.

Breloom used Mach Punch.
It's not very effective...
Celebi lost 30% of its health.
Breloom lost 10% of its health.
Celebi used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Breloom lost 13% of its health.
MurgleIII's Breloom fainted.

-- 30% VS.
-- Lightly braised (Derishious!)

Score:
The Ush - 5
MurgleIII - 5

MurgleIII switched in Blaziken (lvl 100 Blaziken ♂).

-- 30% VS.
-- 100%

MurgleIII: Fire?
The Ush: Flying.
MurgleIII: ohshi-
MurgleIII: no...
MurgleIII: woulda ohko'd
The Ush: Worth a shot! =D
Well that wasn't the hardest bluff to call. I've got nothing to touch this Blaziken... again. Good thing that I have a perfect Blaziken counter, but only if sent in turn one. All's I know is he won't go for a fighting move on Celebi.

The Ush switched in Warubiaru (lvl 100 Warubiaru ♂).
Blaziken used Claw Sharpen.
Blaziken's attack was raised.
Blaziken's accuracy was raised.

-- 100% VS.
-- 100% (+1 Speed, Attack, and Accuracy)

Haha even better. Let's just say I'm not worried. Cool as a Crocodile.

Warubiaru used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Blaziken lost 100% of its health.
MurgleIII's Blaziken fainted.
Warubiaru's attack was raised.
Warubiaru became more confident!

-- 100% (+1 Attack) VS.
-- Gator stew (Even moar derishious!)

Score:
The Ush - 5
MurgleIII - 4

MurgleIII switched in Aakeosu (lvl 100 Aakeosu ♂).

-- 100% (+1 Attack) VS.
-- 100%

Scarf Warubiaru is the new ScarfTar in my opinion. STAB pursuit + the ability to sweep with overconfidence boosts + the perfect Blaziken check = beast. Well, yea I gotta switch but it was worth it. Plus now that Breloom's gone my sleep fodder can now be death fodder. Fantastic.

The Ush switched in Barujiina (lvl 100 Barujiina ♀).
Aakeosu used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Barujiina lost 12% of its health.
The Ush's Barujiina fainted.

-- Fossilized VS.
-- 100%

Score:
The Ush - 4
MurgleIII - 4

The Ush switched in Shibirudon (lvl 100 Shibirudon ♂).

-- 100% VS.
-- 100%

In comes my beast. I've got STAB super effective on him, and EQ can't touch me. I'm using sorta a weird spread of modest nature w/ 252 HP/SpA EV's. He can take a hit and more than deal one out too. I can even scout and hit hard if he decided to switch. Shibirudon will punish anyone who underestimates him!

Aakeosu used Stone Edge.
Shibirudon lost 63% of its health.
Shibirudon used Volt Change.
It's super effective!
Aakeosu lost 100% of its health.
MurgleIII's Aakeosu fainted.
The Ush switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).

-- 36% VS.
-- PUNISHED.

Score:
The Ush - 4
MurgleIII - 3

MurgleIII switched in Warubiaru (lvl 100 Warubiaru ♂).

-- 36% VS.
-- 100%

I can outspeed him unless he's scarfed, so why the heck shouldn't I just grass knot? If I do, and happen to not kill him, my own Warubiaru can just come in. If he's scarfed, an EQ won't kill me, and then Shibirudon can just come in for free. If he crunch's or pursuits then he'll get the attack boost, but my own Warubiaru can come in and resist it.

Warubiaru used Crunch.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Celebi lost 37% of its health.
The Ush's Celebi fainted.

-- Gator Chow (Healthier than Gator Stew!) VS.
-- 100% (+1 Attack)

Score:
The Ush - 3
MurgleIII - 3

So he's scarfed... Better idea: why not just lead him into a false sense of security...

The Ush switched in Hihidaruma (lvl 100 Hihidaruma ♂).

-- 100% VS.
-- 100% (+1 Attack)

PS: I'm scarfed too ;D

Hihidaruma used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Warubiaru lost 100% of its health.
MurgleIII's Warubiaru fainted.
Hihidaruma's attack was lowered.
Hihidaruma's defence was lowered.

-- 100% (-1 Attack and Defense) VS.
-- Overpowered

Score:
The Ush - 3
MurgleIII - 2

MurgleIII switched in Shandera (lvl 100 Shandera ♀).

-- 100% (-1 Attack and Defense) VS.
-- 100%

I pray he runs Flash Fire and immediately try to switch out...

Hihidaruma is trapped!

to no avail. So many forum posts about how great switching into a choiced fighting type move would be, and after using Shandera to little success, I walk right into it.

It doesn't affect Shandera...
Shandera used Shadow Ball.
Hihidaruma lost 71% of its health.
Hihidaruma's special defence was lowered.

Hihidaruma -- 29% (-1 Special Defense, Attack, and Defense) VS. Shandera -- 100%

Should I bother mentioning the hax right there? Well gotta let Hihidaruma take the 2 balls to the face.

It doesn't affect Shandera...
Shandera used Shadow Ball.
Hihidaruma lost 29% of its health.
The Ush's Hihidaruma fainted.

-- Brained VS.
-- 100%

Score:
The Ush - 2
MurgleIII - 2

-- 100% VS.
-- 100%

I didn't know what his last poke was, so I didn't want to risk the EQ. He could just switch right out. But, as long as Scarf Warubiaru could take it 1v1, this game was in the baggie.

Warubiaru used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Shandera lost 100% of its health.
MurgleIII's Shandera fainted.

-- 100% (+1 Attack) VS.
-- Gator Meat (I'm running out of Gator-based dishes)

Bam! Pursuit used to perfection.

Score:
The Ush - 2
MurgleIII - 1

MurgleIII switched in Zoroark (lvl 100 Zoroark ♂).

-- 100% (+1 Attack) VS.
-- 100%

Unfortunately a +1 pursuit won't hurt this thing much. Too bad he didn't use the Illusion ability earlier. Gotta sacrifice Shibirudon to switch moves unfortunately.

Ush switched in Shibirudon (lvl 100 Shibirudon ♂).
Zoroark used Nasty Plot.
Zoroark's special attack was sharply raised.

-- 43% VS.
-- 100% (+2 Special Attack)

Shibirudon makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Zoroark used Hidden Power.
Zoroark's attack missed!
Shibirudon used Flamethrower.
Zoroark lost 64% of its health.

Shibirudon -- 49% VS. Zoroark -- 36%

Hahahaha! Shibirudon is just too tricky! Levitate is his 'bread-n-butter'. Actually, I should have Volt Change'd I suppose. Anyways, that's an unSTABbed flamethrower guys. That's a big chunk right there.

Zoroark used Dark Pulse.
Shibirudon lost 49% of its health.
The Ush's Shibirudon fainted.

Shibirudon -- Revered in our minds VS. Zoroark -- 36%

Score:
The Ush - 1
MurgleIII - 1

-- 100% VS.
-- 36%

And the big guy comes in to finish it out. Sorry guys no cliche skipping of lines for suspense.

Warubiaru used Earthquake.
Zoroark lost 36% of its health.
MurgleIII's Zoroark fainted.

-- 100% VS.
-- Crocodile Done-dee? (I'm so sorry...)

Score:
The Ush - 1
MurgleIII - 0

The Ush wins!

This was the first game in 5th Gen I played where I actually had to think and was proud of some of the moves I made. I was also proud of my pokes!

MurgleIII's Team:

TIME FO PROPS AND SLOPS Y'ALL!

Props:
- Not rage quitting!
- Using more underrated pokemon
- Coming up with a half decent Gen 5 team
- Using surprise to catch my opponent off guard

Slops:
- Huge hax to start off the match
- Sorry but I'm not sure what else!

Match MVP:
I don't like giving MVP to the obvious poke. So, sorry Warubiaru, your 3 knock outs were impressive but the real MVP has gotta be: Barujiina.

This poke truly saved me the game. Blaziken could've outsped and wrecked the rest of my team otherwise. She even served as perfect fodder. She's a beast of a wall, and she's lasted entire games with her surprising bulk. Use her!
(PS: I use a Toxic stall subroost set with max SpD)

Closing Thoughts:
The more I'm getting used to Gen 5, the more I'm liking it. There are lots of pokes that are unnoticed that are really good! I got destroyed by a bug/rock thing one game because I didn't even know what it could do! Take a step out of the OU for a bit guys. You never know what you'll find. Hope you all enjoy!

Please Luvdisc if you enjoyed and I'll keep making more Warstories!

No, no, come on keep the warstory going! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you. Nice Suspision thing, but i hate you ;).

D: What happened with the rest of the warstorrrrryyyyy!

I wanna read it all! I'm loving the commentary and format, I feed off warstories like these.

Err, my guess is that he is still writing on it(in Word or something) and just put up the first part.

I like it so far, can´t wait to read on!

Not a bad warstory, it's nice to see some of the less common Pokémon. Your lack of some knowledge was a bit offputting and I think the comments could have used a little more meat to them, but it was still a good read.

My only true nitpick is that Barujina is 100% female. ;D

Dynamicpunch is 100% confusion btw. Several mistakes on both your parts (Not knowing Shibirudon has Levitate, not using Illusion, etc), but I like your formatting :)

Dynamicpunch is 100% confusion btw. Several mistakes on both your parts (Not knowing Shibirudon has Levitate, not using Illusion, etc)
Oops. No I knew what was going on the whole time. Let me re-word so there's no misconception. I've beaten Giovanni after all -- I'm a pokemon master.

And I'm oh-too familiar with Dynamicpunch. I'm pretty sure Machamp was a top 5 lead for an extended period of time in gen 4. Colburzelf became my lead of choice because of that douche.

-- Crocodile Done-dee? (I'm so sorry...)
HAHAHA. I just lol'd so hard that I almost choked on my sandwich. XD

Awesome warstory dude, just like your last one. The crocodile in shades is so boss, and yeah Breloom got a huge boost with Bullet Seed now being 25 BP each hit + Technician + STAB. Shit's crazy.

I Luvdisc'd your thread, so you better keep 'em coming. ;D

Awesome story. The formatting in both of your warstories are amazing, and I was laughing for a long time at the humor in this one. I'm giving you another love fishy. Everyone should luvdisc, because this is as enjoyable as warstories really get to read. Juice is right, I was dying at that line.

Nice warstory, good to see some people using rarely-used Pogeyz!

As stated above, lack of knowledge hurts in places, but overall presentation, comments and battle were top notch.

Keep it up!

noice battle man ;) just goes to show you that using underrated pokes can be an advantage hehe congrats on the win despite the early game hax!

Man, this is just as good as the previous one. Props for using the forgotten of Gen 5. Good battle and the comments were enjoyable. Looking foward to future warstories :).

Luvdisc'd.

Woah this was great ^.^
I loved it.One of the only good B/W warstroies I saw.You explained everything pretty clearly and props for using Barijuana mon!Shibudden is meh tho =L
9/10.

Wait... did I read that right? 100% damage? Just so you guys know, she's got lefties and that's why she's got 6% hp. I think I've discovered an official beast. She's earned his spot on the team.
"His" should be "her". (Really minor, so feel free to ignore this; it's just something I noticed.)
And the big guy comes in to finish it out. Sorry guys no cliche skipping of lines for suspense.
Thank god. I was starting to get really tired of that. :)
Believe it or not, there's no picture on the internet other than the sprite of Barujiina.
How about this one?

I don't really see the point in rating warstories, so I'll just say what I thought: I really enjoyed this warstory. Hope you'll write more.

I found it decent. Commentary was nice and formatting was cool too. The only thing to improve would be maybe more in-depth commentary and possibly a better battle- but that just comes naturally. Thanks for the read and I luvdisc!

7.5/10

I've seen a couple Barujinas before. You konw a pokemon that is little known from gen 5? Marrakacchi. It's a catcus pokemon with 106 sp attack, and low everything else. It does get spikes though, and it works pretty well on my team. I've never seen anyone else use it besides me.

EDIT: I just read your warstory, and let me say that you! How long did it take you, with all the sprites and formatting though?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)