Resource Little Cup UU Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Spinarak to Unranked

Yeah I know the thread hasn't been updated in a while which is the only reason Spinarak is still hanging out in the upper ranks, but for obvious reasons it should drop. I'm partial to unranking it, but I guess that there might maybe be some indiscernible niche to keep it in D if you decide to put one in. If you're desperate.

For the same reasons, Sewaddle should probably go unranked too. As for the new thread idea, I guess you could, but Quote's still alive so this one can be salvaged. If you need somebody to host a new one I'd be willing to though.

I agree in part. I mean, really Remoraid Scarf exceeds Wailmer Scarf, however Wailmer Scarf can hold up to two hits of the following Pokémon Remoraid Scarf takes OHKO guaranteed: Dratini Mixed Attacker (Wailmer has 62.5% chance of survival); Froakie Life Orb (25% survival); Litwick (6.2%); Bulbasaur Eviolite Growth, Harvest Exeggcute Abuser, Snover Eviolite or Scarf, Aron Head Rock and Skiddo Bulk Up (37.5% each); Fennekin Magician (56.2%); Noibat Tailwind, Axew Dragon Dance, Doduo Scarf, Minccino Life Orb or Scarf and Chespin Bulk Up or Defensive (93.7%); Dratini Dragon Dance (25%); Staryu (50%) and Buneary Choice Band (68.7%).

Also Smoochum LC Setup or Scarf; Taillow, Wingull, Torchic, Zorua or Natu Life Orb; Axew or Darumaka Choice; Binacle Switcheroo; Chikorita Aromatherapy; Grimer Bulky Attacker; Lileep or Rhyhorn Tank; Solosis Trick Room Sweeper; Numel Simple Sweeper; Froakie Mixed Attacker; Trapinch Trick Room Trapper; Phantump SubSeeder; Anorith Life Orb Swords Dance; Bagon Dragon Dance; Litleo Special Attacker; Frillish, Karrablast, Amaura, Starly, Larvesta or Mankey with Scarf surely give OHKO in Remoraid but are only guaranteed in Wailmer 2HKO.

It's true that even surviving Wailmer lose much of their power if your HP is not full yet, if he survives to something that surely would kill Remoraid it can change and benefit from Scarf future, using strikes as Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Grass or Scald when returning to the field, as these moves are not dependent on the HP percentage and will not lose power. Thus, in my opinion, because of their great speed, attack power, coverage moves to water and grass, the fact outspeed electric not resist Water Spout and a useful resistance, Wailmer Scarf is up more than Remoraid Scarf and therefore must be at least studying the possibility of putting it in viabillity ranking.

And as a last argument we can say that Remoraid depends a bit of luck with Fire Blast, Hydro Pump and Hustle due to low accuracy.

I disagree. Spinarak not just for Sticky Web. True, many used it because of that, but it can also be used with other sets. Maybe I should drop yes, but do not think it would be fair to unranked him for it.

Spinarak with Sash could easily benefit from Swarm with X-Scissor or Megahorn. It has access to moves that can leave poison as Poison Jab, Toxic Spikes or Toxic. Toxic Spikes strip when the field. You can use priorities as Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch or Pursuit (when predicting an exchange). Stop Pokémon Chrorophyll with resistance to their STAB and the help of Insomnia; Pursuit should be good for it. You can reach incredible 26 speed with Agility and can still give residual damage with Infestation.

It is not too fast or too tough, but serves to various things and has a useful attack, it is true that takes too much damage from Stealth Rock and has many coverage moves, but still think he can prepare the field and, therefore, It remains usable even without the Sticky Web. Perhaps it would be wise to put it as a Lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)