Little Cup Teambuilding Competitions #3 [Submissions]

Approved by Blarajan

Little Cup Teambuilding Competitions

Hey Guys! You may of seen the OU version of this project and now I am here to host the LC version of it. Basically the purpose of this project is to practice our teambuilding skills. I will choose two Pokémon every week or so and you guys will be building a team using those two Pokémon. Also, feel free to comment on each others teams! Ask questions about why a certain Pokémon is used and perhaps even suggest changes a person could make to make his team function even better, this will help us gain a greater knowledge of lc teambuilding after all, just be sure to not be rude to posters even if their teams suck.

All Teams Submitted Must Have:
*The two pokemon I have listed
*An Importable of the Team
*a description of the team (around a paragraph)
*oh and sprites because sprites are pretty n_n

The description doesn't have to be super long, it just has to explain why you chose specific Pokémon, why you chose their movesets and explain how the team and the individual Pokémon function in a battle. (I will added a Little Cup example of what a post should look like but this is also a good example)

Ok so this is an example around Snover + Murkrow (team kinda sucks I know)

Importable
Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Trait: Solid Rock
Level: 5
EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Snover @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 108 Atk / 188 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Shard

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 188 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Shelmet @ Eviolite
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Acid Armor
- Recover
- Bug Buzz

Description
Ok! So I used the classic SubRoost Krow + Choice Scarf Snover for my team because Choice Scarf Snover just has such an easy time against sand teams because it can outspeed and ohko Hipopotas and Drilbur, two essential Pokémon on sand teams. It can also remove Chinchou, one of the best counters to SubRoost Murkrow. Murkrow in turn, can provide a lot of pressure on the opponents team with strong Brave Birds and priority Sucker Punch and it can scare out the Fighting-types that threaten Snover letting Murkrow often get up an easy substitute. Murkrow also has another function and that is ensuring that Misdreavus doesn't completely run through my team. Tirtouga provides this team with a powerful sweeper capable of cleaning teams late game. Its sweep is made much easier by the pressure that Mienfoo and Murkrow can place on teams and the hazard support that Shelmet and Drilbur provide. Tirtouga's typing also lets it set up on Murkrow which is great since this team has 3 Flying-type weaknesses. I opted for the bulky shell smash set since I often need it to tank Brave Birds and the fact that Snover's hail breaks the regular Shell Smash Tirtouga's Sturdy. Drilburs main function on the team is setting up Stealth Rocks and rapid spinning for the team. Rapid spinning is very important with Shelmet, Murkrow and Snovers weakness to Rock. Drilbur's EQ and Rock-type resistance also help my team deal with Rock-types. Mienfoo provides the team with a great pivot and the amazingly useful Fighting-type. Along with Drilbur, it helps my team deal with Rock-types since it resists the type and carries Drain Punch. U-turn is just so useful for gaining momentum and Knock Off is also useful to get rid of Eviolites, making a late game sweep with either Snover or Tirtouga even easier to achieve. Shelmet is the glue of the team, it is capable of walling the Fighting-types that Tirtouga and Snover tend to lure. On these Fighting-types it can Acid Armour making their attacks do nothing, and then set up Spikes which obviously helps this team secure Kos. (I am aware that Shelmet has no evs but it is basically max Hp and Sp Def lol)

After a week or so I will close the submission stage and then we will move on to voting. I am a fan of Electrolytes idea of voting by PM so send your votes to me via PM. You can vote for your own team, but if this rule gets abused I will not allow self-voting. Every team that wins will be placed in the team building hall of fame!

Ok so the first round will revolve around Hipopotas and Pawnaird!

+

Note: I will not allow reservations for teams. However you can post an importable of your team and then add in the description later if your really afraid that someone will post a similar or identical team to yours. With that said lets start this project!​

Last edited:
Team Building Archive!
R1
+

Winner: Iss
Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 120 SDef / 20 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar
- Slack Off

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SDef / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw

Sandshrew @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 76 Def / 36 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Night Slash

Lileep @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 68 HP / 140 Def / 108 SAtk / 140 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- AncientPower
- Recover

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Atk / 116 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Timburr @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

R2
+

Winner: Corkscrew
Shellder @ Eviolite
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Spd / 36 HP / 36 Def
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SAtk / 36 Def / 76 HP / 76 SDef / 80 Spd
Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 188 Def / 148 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 SDef / 76 HP
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 188 Spd / 36 HP / 20 Def / 20 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch

R3
+

Last edited:

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[pimg]454[/pimg][pimg]557[/pimg][pimg]27[/pimg][pimg]345[/pimg][pimg]654[/pimg][pimg]560[/pimg]
Hippopotas @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 120 SDef / 20 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar
- Slack Off

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SDef / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw

Sandshrew @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 76 Def / 36 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Night Slash

Lileep @ Eviolite
EVs: 68 HP / 140 Def / 108 SAtk / 140 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- AncientPower
- Recover

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Atk / 116 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

What does Hippopotas do? Provide sand! What does Pawniard do? Kill Snover! What really really likes these two conditions? Double Rush!

For all the hate that sand teams get, they can still be deadly effective when built and played correctly. Here is a very standard, yet very effective example of that principle. Drilbur + Sandshrew make the double Sand Rush happen. I went with two bulky Swords Dance sets to break things down very quickly; while you might be able to get around, say, a Life Orb Drilbur with good switches and a Murkrow Sucker Punch, bulky SD sets simply laugh and boost in your face. Lileep soaks up Water-types, something really crucial when you have three Ground-type Pokemon. Timburr helps deal with random Pokemon that could ruin your day; most notably, Sleep Talk over the standard Bulk Up lets you absorb sleep from Foongus and Shroomish (and if they choose to Stun Spore instead, that's even better). It also provides a secondary switchin to Snover, something really vital for sand teams.

Pawniard's EVs are a little weird, but it lets it avoid a 2HKO from HP Fire (including SR and a turn of hail), meaning that you can Pursuit it on the switch (not an OHKO, but a hefty chunk of damage) or Iron Head it for an OHKO if you predict that it will stay in. Obviously Blizzard/Giga Drain do practically nothing to you, so if you can get in on those, you earned yourself a free Pursuit. If they don't have Snover, your Sand Rush users can just straight up win most of the time. There are definitely more effective ways to build Sand; this is a simple example, but it does work.

I run a bunch of creative EV spreads; most of those are just to hit Eviolite numbers.

I actually expected SPD to apply this to LC, I know you too well xD

Anyway Hippo teams usually aren't worth building at this point anymore because unless you have a 100% reliable way of getting Snover out (If someone properly uses Munchlax Pursuit Trap, that would be pretty godlike) and Pawniard either ability to Pursuit Snover or get nice setup, along with the ability to setup on Lileep turns Pawniard to an invaluable member for Sand teams to have. My only real successful sand team (and my DH team) had the Hippo+Pawniard core in it so I might as well leave it there. I would try to make something super original but I'm too lazy and I'm trying to learn DOTA.

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 68 Def / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Shell Smash
- AncientPower
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump

Drilbur @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SDef / 20 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Sucker Punch

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SDef / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Yeah this team takes advantage of Pawniard's ability to setup on Lileep, Porygon, Snover and other Grass-types while helping get sand up for Drilbur. As you can see the Pokemon I mentioned above are quite the headache for Drilbur and Omanyte, who can pressure pretty much anything else with their sweeping potential. As said previously, this is my DH and was based around Omanyte, so Omanyte is here on the team as the first part of the massive offensive pressure it gives along with SD LO Drilbur. SD LO Drilbur can overwhelm Lileep with +2 LO Earthquakes along with Stealth Rock, alowing Omanyte to sweep while Omanyte can hit stuff like Shroomish with +2 HP Fire and pave the way for Drilbur to sweep (or at lesat weaken it to a point where EQ/Rock Slide kills) Hippo is there for obv sand and SR. Missy can give the team extra offensive pressure, while luring SubRoost Krow for Omanyte or Pawniard, while also spreading burn for potential setup fodder with Omanyte. Misdreavus can also be a nice secondary check to most fighting-types. Pawniard and Croagunk are the primary glue to the team, fixes all the issues the main core has of Grass-types, Porygon, Snover, and Bulk Up Timburr (at least in Gunk's case)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually expected SPD to apply this to LC, I know you too well xD
Lol ONE of us would have stolen it eventually

Anyway, I'm not going to post a team, but I'd like to comment on some of the teams (iss's) that have been posted already.

I really like iss's team, not because it's solid, but because it fully grasps the main point of using Hippo + Pawniard. Pawniard effectively counters Snover, and iss uses this to his advantage by piling on the Sand sweepers for offensive power. The only thing I would do, iss, is to give Drilbur X Scissor instead of Shadow Claw, to help it defeat other Grass-types such as Shroomish or Foongus. I know you already have Timburr to cover the two Spore users, but that really isn't enough- and considering the fact that Grass-types wall 2/3 of your team flat, a shaky, RestTalk counter just isn't enough. Besides, you've already got enough coverage against Ghost-types- Sandshrew's Night Slash, Pawniard's Sucker Punch and Pursuit, and Timburr's Payback all make Misdreavus's life hell, so you might as well add on some extra coverage against Grass-types.

Way to steal the spotlight (again) (as usual)

Great work iss and The Unlucky One!

@iss although I don't want to post teams of my own, I was thinking of what a team would look like with Pawnaird and Hipopotas and I came to the conclusion that a double rush team would be quite effective and its cool to see you had the same idea. Since your team lures in Snover like crazy having Pursuit on Pawnaird is great to severly damage Snover switch ins making it easier to win the weather war. Restalk Timburr is a cool addition to your team to help against bulky Grass-types and I think your Timburr set and Pawnaird spread show the importance of tweaking sets to better deal with your teams needs rather then getting them straight from the smogon analyses since if you did that, you would have a greater weakmess to bulky Grass-types and Snover.

I agree with electrolyte that X-Scissor>Shadow Claw would be a good alternative since as he mentioned, your team has Misdreavus covered pretty well with Timburr, lileep and even Pawnairds Sucker Punch. Although keep in mind that Shroomish can still live unboosted X-Scissors.

@TUO haha you know me to well! This is a very cool team and the use of Pawnaird to wear down Drilbur and Omanytes checks is pretty cool. I am thinking of Pursuit>Brick Break on Pawnaird though. Brick Break only really helps you against Ferroseed and Magnemite however, omanyte can lure and beat ferro with a +2 HP Fire and Croagunk can beat it. Magnemite is beaten by Croagunks Drain Punch and Drilburs Earthquake. Pursuit will help you with Snover, making it pay for switching out. Sure Croagunk has Drain Punch, but most players will switch out their snovers anyway. Infact, if you want an even better time vsing Snover you could use Iss's bulky pawnaird spread. You may find you won't miss the extra speed since Pawnaird mainly sets up on slow walls for this team and also carries priority Sucker Punch

good start to the project guys and p.s. Electrolyte, I was actually worried that you, tuo, dcae, etc would start this before I could XD

Edit: Also Iss, Ice Punch>Payback would probably be a good idea on timburr if you are trying to beat those bulky Grass-types although Payback still has its uses, particularilily against missy

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Time to get back my old team

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 240 SAtk / 28 SDef / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Frillish @ Eviolite
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Stun Spore

So this team is based on a strong defensive core (Frillish/Foongus/Hippopotas) being able to take a lot of hits... Except Snover's. That's where Pawniard comes in play! It has way enough bulk to switch in Blizzards and Giga Drains and inflict a fuckton of damage with pursuit. Or maybe do you want to setup a Swords Dance and sucker punch into oblivion your opponent? Magnemite serves two purposes on the team: be a good revenge killer, and kill some annoying steel-types to Drilbur and Bronzor such as Ferroseed, Bronzor, other magnemite, etc. Foongus+Frillish is a strong defensive core, being able to take most physical and special moves. It also covers every status effect, from sleep to paralysis and burn and poison, and both have reliable recovery in Regenerator and Recover. I took sludge bomb instead of Clear Smog because I already have two powerful revenge killers in Magnemite and Drilbur, and sludge bomb provides me with a strong hit on the likes of Krow and Shroomish on the switch. It's also a nasty surprise for those Porygons and Lileeps, as a well-timed poison status can really screw them up. Meanwhile, Frillish can wall nearly every special and physical attacker, thanks to its useful resistances and access to Water Absorb and Will-O-Wisp to take care of the Pokémon hitting its inferior defense stat. The only weakness of the core is ground-type attacks, which Hippopotas can take just fine. Hippo also provides a strong backup physical wall, and a SR setter plus a phazer. All these elements, status, sand damage, Stealth Rock, and volt switch shenanigans all piece together for a final Drilbur sweep with a Swords Dance.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Drilbur @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Reflect

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 240 Atk / 80 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heat Wave

Tirtouga @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 84 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 Def / 116 SDef / 156 Atk / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

I've gone for a more Hyper Offense team, based around core members of Scarf Mienfoo, Murkrow, Drilbur and Tirtouga to wear down my opponents team. Hippo is there to provide the sand, the rocks and also a solid defensive backbone for some threats that I struggle switching into such as Scraggy, Pawniard and Timburr (because Scarfoo is frail). Whirlwind has saved me a bunch of times against stuff like Scraggy and Timburr. If my opponent doesn't have Snover, I often sack Hippo to put momentum back in my favour. Murkrow is my main wall-breaker particularly useful for hitting Lileep for massive damage. Scarf Mienfoo is a secondary check to Snover, Scraggy and even Life Orb Murkrow. Knock Off from Mienfoo is fantastic on this team especially against things like Misdreavus to allow Drilbur to cleanly OHKO it later on. Drilbur is the simple Life Orb set to just dish out as much damage as possible before going down. Rapid Spin is invaluable for Murkrow and Tirtouga. Tirtouga uses the Leichi Berry set which can actually take out Lileep if Lileep switches into Shell Smash, Tirtouga is at full health, and rocks are up. Finally Pawniard takes out Snover with help from rocks and can switch into Lileep with ease and possibly late game sweep with a +2 Sucker Punch.
Although this team is fairly frail it mainly just relies on keeping offensive momentum and I don't hesitate to sack my Pokemon to put the momentum back in my hands. Thanks to having 5 sweepers it's often not that difficult to sweep late-game with one of them if the other sweepers have weakened the opposing team enough.
EDIT2: I changed Mienfoo to a Bulky Mienfoo with Reflect + Knock Off. This allows me to beat Protect Ferroseed and also gives me a sort off check to Timburr thanks to Reflect. Reflect also aids my frail sweepers with beating the crap out of the opposing team. Of course, I lose out on the late game sweeper Mienfoo with a Choice Scarf but my 4 other sweepers still create an overwhelming offense style team.

EDIT: I've just noticed some big flaws, gonna make some changes, test them then edit this post, assuming this is allowed. Done.

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
EVs: 52 HP / 100 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SDef / 20 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw

Frillish @ Eviolite
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SAtk / 236 SDef
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SDef / 36 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Lileep @ Eviolite
EVs: 228 HP / 220 Def / 60 SDef
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Ancient Power
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic

The first team that got me over 2k rating, there are 4 Pokemons that I think you cannot go without on a sand team: Hippo (for sand), Pawniard (for Snover), Drilbur (cause hes OP in sand), and Lileep (cause hes OP in sand). My main approach with this team is mostly to have rocks up and keep defensive pressure since you can almost always safely switch to something and recover the damage dealt, this way they take damage from the rocks and eventually Drilbur can sweep. The vullaby and Frillish are there mostly for type coverage and take care of the fighting types.

This is my go-to LC team, and has always served me well.

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

This Hippo does what every other Hippo does: Provide sand, set up rocks, and hopefully wall a few things along the way. Rocks are essential to this (and any other) sand team, due to the ever-present Snover and the amount of switches that Drilbur and Lileep force. Whirlwind is there for setup sweepers, and Hippo walls Dragon Dancers like Axew and Dratini quite nicely.

Drilbur @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 Spd / 236 Atk / 62 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw
- X-Scissor

Drilbur mainly just spams EQ, but its other attacks hit quite hard as well. Rock Slide is there for birds, Shadow Claw for Misdreavus/Gastly and X-Scissor for Grass-types like Lileep. Most notably, X-Scissor OHKOed Eviolite Snover over 80% of the time after SR damage. I don't run Swords Dance because Drilbur doesn't really need the Attack boost anyway, and the coverage is very much appreciated.

Lileep @ Eviolite
EVs: 60 SDef / 228 HP / 220 Def
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- AncientPower
- Toxic
- Recover

The special wall: Its typing and access to Recover makes it an absolute tank in sand. Lileep counters LC's most dangerous Water-types, such as Chinchou, and makes life hard for opposing sand teams. It beats enemy Hippos and Drilbur without X-Scissor, and it can Toxic enemy Lileep. Of course, it's afraid of being Toxiced itself, which is why we have...

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Night Slash

Pawniard has two roles: Abuse its immunities and kill Snover. Pawniard's dominance of Snover is well noted -- the frosty tree's STABs can't touch it, and it can come back with Brick Break. Pawniard also counters any Lileep not running the rare HP Fire. Its immunities to Psychic and Poison attacks let it come in on a bevy of attacks (including Toxic), grab a boost and start doing major damage with Sucker Punch. This thing is an absolute beast and, IMO, a must for any sand team.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 120 Def / 80 SDef / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

This Misdreavus does a little bit of everything; it spinblocks, walls physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp and outspeeds everything with its 19 Speed. It synergizes well with Pawniard; it can come in on the Fighting-types that threaten Pawniard and hit them with a burn. It also does well against Abra, who can KO Pawniard with HP Fighting.

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Shell Smash

I'll be honest: In most of the matches I play, I don't even use Omanyte. The previous five Pokemon play off eachother so well that I barely need a sixth. However, Omanyte is one heck of a Pokemon, and can serve a number of roles. When Lileep is hurting or statused, Omanyte can use its SpD boost to comfortably wall most special attackers who aren't packing a Grass-type move. It's also the only member of this team that packs a Fire-type resistance. Fire types aren't common in LC, but it's nice to have something that can reliably switch in on, say, Darumaka's Flare Blitz. Then, of course, it can sweep late-game with Shell Smash, as most of LC can't take a +2 Hydro Pump.

Great work so far guys! This project has really gotten off to a kick start. Because a lot of teams have already been posted I will close the submission stage in about 4 days

EDIT: I've just noticed some big flaws, gonna make some changes, test them then edit this post, assuming this is allowed.
To answer this you are allowed to change teams, but make sure it is before the due date and if it looks painfully similar to other peoples teams that were posted after yours you will be disqualified. Of course with Hipopotas + Pawnaird I will be a bit nice with this rule since Lileep and Drilbur will obviously be on a lot of these teams.

Also it doesn't really matter to much, but placing the importables in the hide tag and placing the description below it will make your post look better and make it not so big. I would prefer if they were all like that next round, because for the archive I want the formats of all the teams to be consistent. I have no problem changing the format to suit the archive but for future rounds please keep that in mind :)

ok So I will be ending voting in about 24 hours from this post. So please if you havn't voted PM me your vote. There is currently a tie and I prefer if there wasn't two winners for this competition. So if you haven't voted click this link and place in your vote.

Also I agree breadlightning, Iron Head is very important on Pawnaird to provide it with a hard hitting STAB. maybe use it over Night Slash? Since it is a little redundant with Sucker Punch. Since they are both Dark-type. Night Slash is worth dropping over Sucker Punch because Sucker Punch provides useful priority.

...dual screen cleffa?

I understand Ferro, though.
Hey, dual screens Cleffa happens! I was talking about screeners in general, though; people like to run screens on things like Bronzor which Pawniard can stomp out easily.

Also, I forgot one huge purpose of Brick Break: to give Pawniard a chance to fight back against trapping Magnemite. Surprisingly few people run HP Fire on it, and Pawniard often wins that battle 1-on-1 with Brick Break.

As for running Iron Head, I'm still not sold. Brick Break already hits Rock-and-Ice-types for SE damage, and its neutral cover is weak compared to Night Slash. The only things Night Slash doesn't hit for SE damage are Dark, Steel and Fighting. Pawniard has Brick Break for the first two and shouldn't be staying in on a Fighting-type ever. Thus, if Pawniard is forced to do a late-game sweep, I'd rather have Night Slash so Pawniard can reasonably deal with common types like Electric and Water.

Night Slash also helps with prediction wars; when it comes in on a Psychic or Ghost type, opponents will often do a non-attacking move (predicting the Sucker Punch) or switch out entirely. Having Night Slash in there ensures that I can always hit these types hard, or at least rack up some damage on the switch.

Ok so round was won by Iss!

Iss -4 (cxinlee, electrolyte, lunatic lies, the quasar)
The unlucky one - 3 (Superpowerdude, Nozzle, Dcae)
Sarkynin - 0
Corkscrew - 1 (The Unlucky One)
Axisotaku - 1 (Corkscrew)
Breadlightning - 0

also I didn't really like the PM method of voting so for not VOTE IN THIS THREAD

Iss's team will be added to the archive when hide tags work again :) So for next week we have Ferroseed and Misdreavus!

+

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Classic Missy... anything works with him but I chose substitute for when you force switches or simply to protect from foos knock off and setup on that.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed

Ferro has lots of ennemies such as spinners and natu well good missy can take care of those but you cant rely only on missy for everything so I chose the rest of the team accordingly.

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 228 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

One of my favorite chinchou set since it is very durable and provide so much support. Can switch into natu with no problem force a switch and hope for a scald burn on whatever comes in.

Snover @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 200 Spd / 184 SAtk / 104 Atk
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sand teams period... Also goes well with chinchou.

Murkrow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch

Scraggy would be a big problem so I wanted to choose between scarf Krow or scarf Foo, Krow feel more safe and will also take care of timburr/croagunk the priority attack is insurance in case being extremely fast is not enough(smashers).

Staryu @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Spinner needed, choosing between this and Drilbur. we already have rocks and we already have electric immunity, neither Chinchou or Missy carry an electric attack so this should fit very well.

It might feel like we are missing a fire type for a fire/water/grass core but I don't like the fire types that much in lc, they are mostly used to deal with Snover and other grass types but I dont think this team will have too much trouble with the grass types with Ferro/Snover/Murkrow/Sub Missy.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Importable: (no hide tags :()

Shellder @ Eviolite
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Spd / 36 HP / 36 Def
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Magnemite @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 SAtk / 36 Def / 76 HP / 76 SDef / 80 Spd
Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 SDef / 76 HP
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 188 Spd / 36 HP / 20 Def / 20 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch

I started off wanting to make a team around Shell Smash Shellder because why not? Of course it needs a lot of support to sweep and Magnemite is the obvious choice allowing it to remove Steels, which Shellder really cannot get past. HP Fire is necessary to remove Ferroseed. Speed EVs to beat other bulkymags 1v1 so i can remove them for Ferro+Shellder. I then wanted a Chinchou counter since Shellder+Magnemite is trampled by it. I ended up settling on Ferroseed because Shellder loves spikes support for Pokemon like Mienfoo. It can also lure in fire-types for Shellder to set up on and it's great if I can lock Snover into HP Fire. Misdreavus was the next choice so I could enter this competition because it fit perfectly as a spinblocker and extra sweeper, handling the fighters that Ferro and Mag hated. Missy+Shellder works sort of similary to the popular Omanyte/Tirtouga+Missy combination. Next, I knew I needed something to handle Scraggy so I chose Timburr. It was picked over Mienfoo because Misdreavus would have also given the team trouble and Payback makes it a decent check. Finally I noticed I would struggle with Timburr, Foongus and Croagunk so I added in Eviolite Murkrow to round the team off. The eviolite set was because I don't have a spinner and it also gave me a secondary switch in to fighting-types and a secondary Missy check. The great thing about this team is that it doesn't struggle at all with Sand despite not carrying Snover since every Pokemon can take a hit from Drilbur at full-health bar Magnemite, who can set up a Magnet Rise and then proceed to wreck most sand-teams. I also have 3 decent users of priority. Shellder also isn't really short of set-up opportunities with Choice Scarf Snover, or Hippo being on many teams and even if it doesn't sweep it can usually do enough for Missy, Timburr or Murkrow to clean up.

ah Magnet Rise Magnemite is actually quite a good sand check (and a fun one at that) of course Drilbur can outspeed and EQ it but sand teams generally give Magnemite a Magnet Rise opportunity through Lileep and Hipopotas (if they lack Whirlwind) but most people will just switch to Drilbur anyway as you Magnet Rise. Also as we learnt in the team building competition #1 many Pawnaird on sand ditch Brick Break for Pursuit to trap Snover giving Magnemite another Pokémon it can Magnet Rise on. Ice Shard on Shellder is also awesome and it works very similar to how Tirtouga uses Aqua Jet. I like it more than Razor Shell or Hydro Pump or whatever because it lets Shellder beat sand and Murkrow easier (which your team would have trouble with if Magnemite is down)

Also I apologise for the kinda messy OP when hide tags are fixed I will pretty it up again :) Thanks for the submissions guys!

Code:
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Misdreavus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Trick

Larvesta @ Eviolite
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Frillish @ Eviolite
Trait: Cursed Body
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Recover
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Porygon @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
This team is a bit more defensive, and abuses Ferroseed's excellence at setting up hazards along with Scarf Misdreavous's cleaning ability. It uses a FWG core of Larvesta, Frillish, and Ferroseed to force switches and cause hazard damage, which racks up quickly, while abusing Flame Body, Curse Body, and Iron Barbs. Originally, I had Chinchou instead of Frillish for a nice VoltTurn core, but then Stone Edge Mienfoo ate the team alive, which Frillish checks nicely. Frillish also acts as the main spinblocker, as Choice Scarf Missy is too frail to switch in, fearing Hydro Pump / Earthquake. Misdreavous works fantastic as a Scarfer that can kill threats like most Shell Smashers and clean late-game. It can also cripple something with Trick and then proceed to Nasty Plot. Drilbur was added for the obligatory Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin support for Larvesta. Drilbur also has good synergy with Frillish and Ferroseed. Porygon was added to check threats like Mixkrow, Snover, Shell Smash Tirtouga, etc. It's really the glue of this team and has good synergy with Misreavous, Larvesta and Frillish.

This looks really fun and I want to improve my teambuilding skills, so why not?

Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 68 SDef / 152 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic
My main murkrow check. Scald was chosen over hydro pump for burning physical mons like foo that threaten it. Hidden power fire is preferred over Hidden power grass because Chinchou is already taken care of, while I needed something to hit snover and ferroseed. Toxic is for walls like Lileep or Porygon that my team can’t break through.

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 180 SDef / 196 HP/76 Att/28 Spe
Careful Nature
- FeatherDance
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
Murkrow is my main way of dealing with fighting types and double rush, with priority FeatherDance. Brave Bird and Sucker Punch are its main attacking moves.

EVs: 240 Spd / 240 SAtk / 28 SDef
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Trick
This set is from superpowerdude’s dogbirds rmt. I needed something to check shell smashers, especially clamperl. Shadow ball and hp fighting provide perfect coverage and once missy tricks her scarf away, it can set up with nasty plot.

Porygon@ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP/196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow ball
- Charge Beam
- Recover
This is a really offensive porygon. Porygon boosts its special attack with charge beam, and then hits hard with tri attack and shadow ball.

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 156 SDef / 64 Def / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
This set is standard, basically it gets the rocks up and spins away the rocks on my side. Earthquake hits hard with 19 attack, and rock slide hits Murkrow and Snover on the switch.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 228 SDef / 84 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Seed Bomb
Curse boosts ferro’s attack, and increases gyro ball’s power at the same time, allowing it to OHKO a lot of stuff at +2 attack and -2 speed. Seed bomb is for chinchou and stuff that gyro ball cannot hit.
Importable:
Code:
Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 68 SDef / 152 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 180 SDef / 196 HP / 76 Atk / 28 Spd
Careful Nature
- FeatherDance
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 240 Spd / 240 SAtk / 28 SDef
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Trick

Porygon @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 SDef / 196 Def / 236 HP
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Charge Beam
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 156 SDef / 64 Def / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)