Resource Little Cup Role Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.
But not all the pivots have volt/turn nor (i think) every volt/turn mon can be a pivot. Still thinking there should be another category. But i'm not a good LC player so i can actually be wrong af :P

Numel is a forgotten gem it seems, he can work really well as a Set up sweeper and as a good defensive Pokémon.

He can set up Growth on sun with Simple, giving him a 4+ Attack and Sp Attack, in addition, he gets Stockpile which is really nice to give him more bulk, and can get 2+ Speed with Flame charge while boosted with Growth.
For this kind of sweeping he needs sun support though.

He works nice with Will o Wisp as a wall too.

Edit:

Numel seems to handle most of the Sun Checks pretty well too.

Edit 2:

Well made a couple games with Numel and, he doesnt really need Sun support to actually set up, as he still gets a decent +2 Atk and 2+ Sp atk without sun.

Last edited:
I think it did be suited if we added cottonee
to the ''Great defencive pokemon'' list.

Snubbull
to ''(mono) fight checks''.
Tyrunt
to ''Phazers''.
Corphish
to '' Set-up sweepers''.
Aswell as Bunnelby
to the ''Wallbreakers''.
Pumpkaboo-Super
to the ''Abra and Gastly checks'' list aswell. Reasoning: the only form these pokes it doesn't check is LO Gastly, what is stretched as Chespin loses to LO Abra while Pawniard to Sashed Abra/Sash Gastly if no SR on opponants side, only for Gastly.

I did also like it if this list included ''Knock Off-absorbers'' knowing especially in the currentmeta that can be very usefull.
A example would be: Shellos
, Snubbull
, Trubbish
and Fletchling

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Pumpkaboo-Super
to the ''Abra/Gastly checks'' list aswell.
200 SpA Life Orb Gastly Shadow Ball vs. 204 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 18-26 (72 - 104%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

lol

And because of the roll on Shadow Sneak spread, Gastly has to have attacked several times to die because of sneak+LO recoil.

0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gastly: 14-18 (73.6 - 94.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 18)

Sure it works as an Abra check, but certainly not gastly.

In hope of reminding people this thread still exists or to do nothing with it at all, I want to re-add on the already posted list of pokes that should be worth noting aswell as a new aspect that might be worthwhile aswell.

Drowzee
, Munna
to ''Clerics''. Reason on them: Wish pass from a 25 HP poke with arguable type, good special defence and good enough defence should allow people to realise Drowzee isn't 100% useless. Munna has plenty full of options, just allot of set's to use aswell.

I also Quote my self from earlier;
Rhydonphilip said:
I think it did be suited if we added cottonee
to the ''Great defencive pokemon'' list.

Snubbull
to ''(mono) fight checks''.
Tyrunt
to ''Phazers''.
Corphish
to '' Set-up sweepers''.
Aswell as Bunnelby
to the ''Wallbreakers''.
Pumpkaboo-Super
to the ''Abra and Gastly checks'' list aswell. Reasoning: the only form these pokes it doesn't check is LO Gastly, what is stretched as Chespin loses to LO Abra while Pawniard to Sashed Abra/Sash Gastly if no SR on opponants side, only for Gastly.

I did also like it if this list included ''Knock Off-absorbers'' knowing especially in the currentmeta that can be very usefull.
A example would be: Shellos
, Snubbull
, Trubbish
, Ekans
and Fletchling

Reactions: OP
Aerow is inactive so currently no editting is possible (I'd like to run the thread tbh). If/when we get someone that seems like a good thing to have, you can start it off with some of your own suggestions :D.
Yeah, I saw that Aerow went inactive shortly after I posted, but I thought I'd leave it. I'll happily suggest and as little as it means, I fully support you taking the thread if possible. Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)