Little Cup Research Week #2

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Alt: laddarar
Pokemon: wynaut
also http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/lc-45848727, js it can give games away if you have a SS or a setup poke n_n and altho i havent laddered much ive used wynaut for a while and scarfers are pretty easy to kill with wynaut.

EDIT: didnt got to any good peak as laddering was a pain due to lag and misclicks so yeah...
All i can say about wynaut its that it helps a lot to deal with slow support pokes just by encoring and giving a free chance for setup to pokes like pawniard, clamperl, and pretty much anything with a set up move that can wreck :] also deal with scarfers pretty easily! I run a set with eviolite, might try oran berry later but wynaut really appreciatesthe bulk o.o
Overall: wynaut has never been a waste of slot to me, its amazing when played correctly n_n

Last edited:
Alt-LCLCLCLCladdering
Rank-2003 ACRE
EDIT-
forgot to put glicko2+deviation, the glicko2 with deviation is 2107 ± 74
Pokemon-Tentacool
@eviolite
Trait-Liquid ooze
EVs-196 HP/76 Def/196 SpDef/36 Spe
Calm nature(derp, forgot that +SpDef -Atk)
-Toxic spikes
-Giga drain
-Rapid spin
-Knock off
Ok, I've gone to 2003 ACRE!!!!!!!! I mean, I'm terrible at laddering so that says something about this pokemon. Tentacool has a great special defence and support movepool and amazing utility in general with moves like toxic spikes, knock off and decent attacking movepool consisting of but not limited to giga drain, sludge bomb and scald. Its attack output is lackluster but it is not setup bait for many pokemon in the tier such as clamperl, tirtouga and shellder. Granted, they might take one hit but still. It unfortunately is setup bait for scraggy(tho knock off is annoying) but still is one of the tier's best spinners and really one of the few viable ones. The others are drilbur, staryu and sandshrew. That's it.
Btw I was using sand to ladder XD ya i suck
I'll be pretty sad if someone ladders better than me, js
Here is the link to the crappy ladder, I'm #27 as of now, you can check my team and battle, w/e

Last edited:
Fools better be ready for some hard-core harvest-stalling (especially with toxic spikes >:) ).

Alt: Jelly and Bacon
Using: Tentacool, exeggute.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Again, I can't be bothered to ladder but I've used Wynaut extensively and also had quite a bit of experience with Tentacool so I'll post my thoughts on both.

Wynaut: I think we all know the best set is clearly Choice Specs. Wynaut was part of my most successful sand team as a great counter to Choice Scarf Snover. With Oran Berry, it can switch in (even with Rocks in play), heal up and Mirror Coat for the kill. With Encore, it can also get a free turn of set up for Swords Dance Drilbur. However, I stopped using WynautSand due to the rise in Eviolite Snover which can easily play around Wynaut as it can play mind games with Ice Shard and Blizzard. It could also use a weak Hidden Power and avoid the KO from Mirror Coat, then Blizzard. Nevertheless, with Encore, it's a great team supporter that can help set-ups as Vileman showed, but I often find it to be a waste of a team slot.

Tentacool: will edit in later, gotta go out now. EDIT: errrr... forgot about this. But yeah, Tentacool is a really really underrated mon. It has pretty good typing which allows it to switch in on fighting mons easily and make them lose health with liquid ooze. It can also wall almost all grass types (if sleep clause is active in some cases) most notably Snover and then KO them with poison STAB. As Kingler mentioned, it's a great choice for Sand teams for this reason. Toxic Spikes are also underrated and can really cripple bulkymons, particularly Lileep and Porygon. Poison types aren't particularly common so often it's pretty easy to keep them up. Basically... use tentacool more, it's good.

Last edited:
When is this week's challenge gonna end?
EDIT- As of now the challenge should be over i win yay

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)