Little Cup Ladder Statistics - October & November 2009

Teammate stats from november:

| Gastly | 10. Misdreavus | 286 | 21.52 | -8 |

Oddly enough, it seems that the double ghost strategy is losing popularity and gastly's rise to #6 must be due to some other factor.

| Carvanha | 1. Gligar | 470 | 59.64 | 1 |

I should really try this combo out, it looks very interesting. Gligar taking the electric, fighting, and bug attacks and Carvanha taking ice and water. Just from a quick glance it seems like great offesive synergy as well.

| Mankey | 1. Misdreavus | 514 | 73.12 | 1 |

Pretty suprising imo. Not sure what lead to such a high percentage other than possibly that mankey can "deal" with stunky. The only problem is that the first time you see it, it's usually when you have a missy out and you can't exaclty switch to mankey without getting pursuited to death.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As interesting as that seems, I doubt Gligar-Carvanha has much merit. Carvanha is "taking" attacks about as well as a dartboard takes a shotgun blast. Sure, it might catch some of the fire, but those 45/20/20 defenses aren't appreciating even resisted attacks, EXPECIALLY if they're coming off of STAB or any realistic amount of attack.

There's any number of superior Water-types to combine with Gligar. Mantyke can eat pretty much any Water or Ice attack with its solid defenses. Krabby does extremely well against physical Water/Ice attacks, and can take other attacks acceptably. Seel and Squirtle can abuse priority and shrug off attacks with their solid defenses. Staryu's 30/55/55 defenses also help it take hits, and now that it gets access to Recover, it's a solid way to recover from resisted attacks.

Staryu needs to see more use. Now that it actually gets Rapid Spin, Hydro Pump, and Recover, it can become significantly more useful and threatening.

Really, the problem with Pichu is that, the great Volt Tackle you're talking about comes off of 14 Attack, max. It also has horrible stats everywhere that isn't its passable Speed. Due to this low stat the the prevelance of Ground-types like Gligar, it isn't considered very good.
but It's cuter than elekid :3
at least it does its job well so far

@SDS about Gligar Vanha combo:

Gligar + SubVanha is amazing and vanha can take some NVE non STAB hits. My favourite example is when Mankey / Machop switch into Gligar to revenge it and Vanha switches in on the choice Ice Punch. This does a maximum of 40%. Now the vanha player can simply Zen Headbutt the fighter or even deadlier, get a Sub up. As most people know, a Carvanha behind a sub can be one of the deadliest things a team can face, esp ones without like Scarf Chinchou, and if vanha gets a sub up something WILL die (disregarding hax of course).

Vanha + ScarfGligar does have its merit, although you may need to center your team around them if you want to use them to their absolute potential.

Mankey + Missy is probably the case because I guess Mankey can U-Turn out of switchins and go to Misdreavus in most cases, and possibly being a great Scarfer it can take out the few things that Missy fails to kill during its spell.

To be frank, I think the Misdreavus + Mankey #1 teammate thing is just because Misdreavus is the most common Pokemon, not because they have any particularly effective synergy.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
| Mankey | 1. Misdreavus | 514 | 73.12 | 1 |

Pretty suprising imo. Not sure what lead to such a high percentage other than possibly that mankey can "deal" with stunky. The only problem is that the first time you see it, it's usually when you have a missy out and you can't exaclty switch to mankey without getting pursuited to death.

Or maybe Missy is just used so often it shows up on the teammate stats due to sheer coincidence? Really, I would NEVER use a team without MissyD.

To be frank, I think the Misdreavus + Mankey #1 teammate thing is just because Misdreavus is the most common Pokemon, not because they have any particularly effective synergy.
I understand but the next highest teammate percentage with Missy is Stunky at 57%. I understand its probably coincidence, but I do find it a bit odd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)