Metagame Linked

Me

I admit i have been spamming regieleki/ koko on the ladder. Regieleki is a deadweight against half the teams i face.I am surprised how many people don't protect their ground types. When i see more than one ground, its a good sack/ explosion to maintain momentum.

in regards to mew, i don't think it is broken. it has no priority,is predictable and easily taunted/tricked. and outsped. It is great against slower team and i have lost many games to it. but unlike other threats (volcorona) there is some counterplay.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1510402633
Like Inoeu said, if you look at my set again, I had one problem that I didn't changed: The Mew was Scarf+Trick, thus outspeeding the entire metagame, only being slower to Regieleki. So I rest my case and think Mew should be banned.

So I've come up with this Alcremie build and it works pretty well as a setup sweeper.

Alcremie
252 SPDEF
252 HP
4 SPATK
+SPD - ATK

Aroma Veil
Pecha Berry

Chain:
  • Calm Mind
  • Acid Armor
Draining Kiss
Stored Power

The idea is that this is your usual bulky setup sweeper with defensive and offensive buff stacking, except Aroma Veil makes it immune to Taunt. Stored Power used for nuking, Draining Kiss used to kill dark types and to heal. Pecha berry is there to counter Toxic, as there are quite a few Toxic + Venoshock Gengars out there and blocking Toxic allows Alcremie to kill with Stored Power in return.

It really only dies to buff removal, forced switchout and crit sets. Very difficult to remove otherwise, especially if paired with Reflect/Light Screen setup beforehand.
The thing about this set is that it's familiar to Clef's but just worst. Clefable has Magic Guard, so you don't have to worry about Burn/Poison/Toxic. Aroma Veil isn't really as good as Magic Guard, and Clef also has the better defensive move in Cosmic Power, and if it wants, then it can run Cosmic Power linked with Copycat, to buff its defense easier, while sacking the Special Attack Boost. And Bulky steel types can 100% wall it, resisting both moves, especially Melmetal in my opinion. And it's not like only Gengar runs Toxic.
Alcremie, Clefable and ESPECIALLY MEW are one of the Pokemons that uses this strat the most. I've already seen some Clef/Alcremie/Mew on board at the time writing this post.

Surprised Intel is not on this list it only needs one damaging attack to one hit ko and its fast enough to easily snowball.

Ive been testing serene Grace with two flinch moves though it seems even with a salac berry most of the time still too slow to abuse it proper.

double iron bash would be similarly amazing but again too slow.

burn also make physical flinch moves a joke which is most of them.

Surprised Intel is not on this list it only needs one damaging attack to one hit ko and its fast enough to easily snowball.

Ive been testing serene Grace with two flinch moves though it seems even with a salac berry most of the time still too slow to abuse it proper.

Sure, I'll make an Entei team and try it out.

Ok it is NOT fast enough to snowball against Draga-Regieleki-Weavile and many other fast mons in the tier.

Sticky Webs is the best hazard by far in this meta, I would try Webs + protective pads jirachi if you wanna try flinch spam. Fire Punch for ferra and corva as once you get a burn you can kill with flinches. Lotta good mons that become auto wins with web support. Mew probably the theoretical best, IMO.

Like Inoeu said, if you look at my set again, I had one problem that I didn't changed: The Mew was Scarf+Trick, thus outspeeding the entire metagame, only being slower to Regieleki. So I rest my case and think Mew should be banned.
The scarf has to be discarded for Mew to pull off its field control so while scarf is great for outspeed and crippling a set up sweeper with the boost in slot 1 it doesn't let it stop for example, 2 attack assurance weavile or 2 attack ko-ko. Infact a scarf limits it against many opponents that go with beatdown over set up. However I am bias and deep down I know that Mew is secretly more powerful than the current suspects. Lol

Last edited:
Trick Room isn't dead! You can click buttons and win with this Tyranitar set

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Lash Out
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge

With Curse lowering your speed, Lash Out is a base 150 STAB move that boosts while it attacks. Most things are OHKO'd, switchins are limited since everything except Unaware Clefable is 2HKOd by Lash Out + Sand, and Heavy Slam lets Tar beat Clef too. I run Chople to be able to switch in on ghosts and beat Ferro 1v1, but Passho or Babiri could work too to provide resists to strong priority moves.

The main counters to this set are fighting types that live +2 Lash Out, especially Watershifu. I therefore recommend pairing Tyranitar with Slowbro

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Trick Room
- Scald

With the chip from Rocky Helmet, Tyranitar is able to 1-shot Shifu with Lash Out, and Future Sight + Teleport is amazing for setting up momentum.

Here's my team, which also includes a cheeky FEAR set that works nicely with TR: https://pokepast.es/1a92fcb566320041

Love this tyranitar set i use it since last gen it's fantastic
I just prefer rock blast to Stone edge for dragonite or somes grimsnarl prank sub

Trick Room isn't dead! You can click buttons and win with this Tyranitar set

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Lash Out
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge

With Curse lowering your speed, Lash Out is a base 150 STAB move that boosts while it attacks. Most things are OHKO'd, switchins are limited since everything except Unaware Clefable is 2HKOd by Lash Out + Sand, and Heavy Slam lets Tar beat Clef too. I run Chople to be able to switch in on ghosts and beat Ferro 1v1, but Passho or Babiri could work too to provide resists to strong priority moves.

The main counters to this set are fighting types that live +2 Lash Out, especially Watershifu. I therefore recommend pairing Tyranitar with Slowbro

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Trick Room
- Scald

With the chip from Rocky Helmet, Tyranitar is able to 1-shot Shifu with Lash Out, and Future Sight + Teleport is amazing for setting up momentum.

Here's my team, which also includes a cheeky FEAR set that works nicely with TR: https://pokepast.es/1a92fcb566320041
Sorry for double post but just à question because à also play tr team
How do you deal with mew imprison transform ?

Love this tyranitar set i use it since last gen it's fantastic
I just prefer rock blast to Stone edge for dragonite or somes grimsnarl prank sub
Good suggestion, I replaced it on my team. Thanks

Sorry for double post but just à question because à also play tr team
How do you deal with mew imprison transform ?
Ah I'm glad somebody asked this :) I deal with Prison Mew by letting Mimikyu get transformed (it can't get trapped) and going into Porygon to hardwall it.

Also, unrelated to the previous post, I found a lil glitch. If a prankster mon has two status moves linked, the first one will get +2 priority. In this replay, you can see Charm outspeed Extremespeed on turn 5: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1510891978

Ah I'm glad somebody asked this :) I deal with Prison Mew by letting Mimikyu get transformed (it can't get trapped) and going into Porygon to hardwall it.

Also, unrelated to the previous post, I found a lil glitch. If a prankster mon has two status moves linked, the first one will get +2 priority. In this replay, you can see Charm outspeed Extremespeed on turn 5: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1510891978
[/QUOTE]
literally had this in game where Urshifu aqua jet on screens grimsnarl, but grimsnarl was able to get a reflect up,then aqua jet followed by light screen.

i need help building a team.
To clarify, i need some good mons to use
Well, it's no secrete that the suspect test mons are good. Using all of them (Kart, Dragapault, Volcarona) isn't necessarily the best team, you may want to pick one and build the rest or the team to support and Lure the few answers these pokemon have. Where do you want to start? There's other options other than goodstuff mons, such as trick room, sticky webs and terrain archetypes Electric/Psychic and my own team, Grass.

Edit: I recommend Gyarados for early-mid ladder, I used it to about 1400 elo on my team with Dragon dance-waterfall. Moxie allows you to go +2 attack after your first ko. Really powerful and most teams forget to account for it in the builder

Last edited:
Well, it's no secrete that the suspect test mons are good. Using all of them (Kart, Dragapault, Volcarona) isn't necessarily the best team, you may want to pick one and build the rest or the team to support and Lure the few answers these pokemon have. Where do you want to start? There's other options other than goodstuff mons, such as trick room, sticky webs and terrain archetypes Electric/Psychic and my own team, Grass.

Edit: I recommend Gyarados for early-mid ladder, I used it to about 1400 elo on my team with Dragon dance-waterfall. Moxie allows you to go +2 attack after your first ko. Really powerful and most teams forget to account for it in the builder
I was gonna do hyper offense with a couple of defensive mons and a setter. IDK what to set tho. I do have a stealth rock setter.

well I made the team
https://pokepast.es/8dc11d876440273f
Blissfully is a stealth rock king. Blissey can probably tank most unboosted attacks and then his linked move set rocks and then zooms with tp
Flying boi is a sweeper. Sets up with swords dance and murders steels with earthquake. Simple. Effective. Unless they have anti-sweep.
Imma Bitch is exactly what it says it its, a complete bitch. Linked move recovers all that hard-earned damage and prevents you from doing more of the physical damage. Block is to frick over u-turn dragapult(linked move of d-meteor to u-turn) or any abuser of switch moves(also flip turn baraskewda)
combo guy is another sweeper, bulk-up + surging strikes = team die
Thanks, Drainpeck for the ddance + waterfall gyrados. Added iron head for clefable to go die and dragon tail to frick over threats, even tho that means tanking an attack
Oh look, another sweeper, The Luge is bulk up + lunge which is really annoying and is basically intimidate the move. Roost for recovery and drain punch, oh wait why do I have roost, I fixed it just replace roost for rock slide to hit flying types. I just figured out this guy is anti-trick room cause he slow as frick, time to change natures

Last edited:
volcarona's gone so here's a new one

Blacephalon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower/Shadow Ball
- Shadow Ball/Flamethrower
- Fire Blast/Psyshock/Taunt

ev spread allows it to gain speed boosts from beast boost

Edit: team below used taunt on a set like this so I added that as an option

Last edited:
Hey, I hope you don't mind, but I remade your team in a more hyper offensive style, removing the walls and adding more priority and sweep protection: https://pokepast.es/2a4694ef36e04ef7

I kept 3 of the mons and switched 3 of them up. Landorus and Urshifu go together great, with Urshifu being one of the best mons in the meta and Lando handling annoying Electric types. Gyarados was recommended by the other guy so I kept it there too. I changed some items, EVs, and moves that I think improve the team, like putting Rocks on Lando to replace Blissey and Power Whip on Gyara for waters. I also put Taunt on a bunch of mons to pressure mons like Ferrothorn and Unaware Clefable.

Now onto the mons I axed: I thought Buzzwole was too slow, so I replaced it with Rillaboom, which has similar coverage but has priority and gives another switch-in to electric moves. Blissey and Toxapex are too fat for offense, so I replaced them with speedy mons with useful resistances. Jirachi is a Fairy resist and a bit of speed control that cripples walls with Trick. Comfey is a powerful priority user that punishes dragon types and can sweep teams in the endgame. It has nice synergy with Urshifu, since it is walled by steel types but Urshifu demolishes those.

I played the team a bit and thought that Gyarados was a bit redundant with Urshifu -- they're both walled by the same stuff, and they're both physical setup sweepers, so I replaced Gyara with Blacephalon in this version of the team (actually a very similar set to the one posted above): https://pokepast.es/a1dd92004553c412 It's pretty different from the original team though, so use whichever team you like.

I hope you like the changes. Enjoy!

Here is a little set that has worked out pretty well for me.
:ss/Mew:

Mew @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt

- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

This is just very standard Mew Suicide Lead Mew, but now with Knock Off instead of Flare Blitz. The Knock Off -> Taunt combo means that Mew will make sure Mental Herb doesn’t block Taunt, which lets it make sure opposing suicide leads that are slower do not get their hazards up. It will also let help you against defensive Landorus-T leads, and slower set up Pokemon, as the former won’t Stealth Rock -> U-Turn properly and the latter won’t double set up or will have a weaker hit on their Linked attacking move.

Not been doing too great (a lot of fun though!), so I thought to share some sets I find funny.

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off

As pretty much the only significantly fast user of this combo, Fake Out + Volt Switch is really neat for momentum and especially when immunities are cleared from the field, allows you to basically switch it whatever you want to most stuff as the flinch + pivot is just that. The chip damage gained can also be pretty useful. The last 2 slots are effectively whatever else may be needed.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Punch
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Nothing brings me more joy than haxing people in a way Jirachi could only dream of. Unfortunately though, the link mechanic can break freezes more often, so that sucks.

Zygarde-10% @ Soft Sand
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Glare
- Superpower

Same idea as Smack Down/EQ Landorus but on a slightly faster Pokemon. I use Soft Sand to cover for it only having 100 Atk, though if you can find a way to use Heavy Duty Boots please do that'd be so much better. Glare can also be good utility but I almost always find myself preferring to Tarrows/Twaves.

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Skimming through the past couple pages I didn't see TailTurn mentioned, but I personally really love this and have seen it on the ladder more than once, granted, lower end ladder. Maybe this is noob bait but I think this works really well for speed control, to an extent. As long as you make those turns matter really.

Ribombee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Trick
- Moonblast

Before we talk about Trick or the link, check this out:
252 SpA Ribombee Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 318-374 (100.3 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Ribombee Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 288-338 (102.4 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If you don't Trick your scarf, you can just yeet both of these. Not sure how much +2 Ice Shard does, don't wanna talk about it. We ignore that.
Webs+U-Turn is nice to immediately get going after putting that down, giving them less time to react and get rid of them.
Trick is Trick.

Talonflame @ Charcoal
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

I kinda like this dude, flame charge + flare blitz with charcoal can really slam sometimes, but it's not really that hard to wittle down either. Roost can prevent you from living for only like 3 turns due to Rocky Helmet + recoil, and in some cases psych people out when they thought theyd just kill ya with rocky helmet so they went and switched. Wisp can be used to cripple stuff especially if you cant kill it.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
There seems to be a bug with priority, specifically Prankster

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512549263
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512547220

Here are two replays. In the one where both Thundurus have Defiant, turn order works as it should.
In the one where both have Prankster, turn order gets all screwy.
Agility + Nasty Plot link SHOULD, in this case, make the mon that goes first always go twice in a row with its link, as Speed updates after Agility. But this does not happen.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512557075
Did a quick test with other priority, didn't seem to be an issue.

EDIT:
Shoutout Clefable for doing more research on this!
In their words:
"Priority gets applied twice to the first of the two linked moves, resulting in ordering errors. To prove it, I made a replay where prankster Charm outspeeds Extremesperd (on turn 5):"
and here's the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1510891978

Last edited:
I've been trying a psyspam team, and it's had some decent success. It feels like it needs a bit of tweaking before it gets really good though, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Tapu Lele @ Leftovers
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt/Energy Ball
- Substitute

One of the terrain setters, I've played around with a few different sets but this one seems pretty good. Sub can help against some variants of D-Dance Dragapult, as you can play around Phantom Force. Psychic+Moonblast tears through most pokemon, and the last moveslot can be coverage for whatever.

Polteageist-Antique @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

The main sweeper for the team, Shell Smash + Stored Power absolutely wrecks anything that isn't dark type. You don't click the other two moves very often, but Giga Drain can be used against Dark Types. Under Psychic Terrain, priority can't shut down Polteageist, and ocne you have a smash or two down, you can 6-0 unprepared teams. It does require a decent amount of positioning to set up, but the reward is well worth it.

Slowking @ Terrain Extender
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Serious Nature
- Psychic Terrain
- Teleport
- Expanding Force
- Scald

Another Terrain Setter, but with slow pivoting to get Polteageist in safely. Also tanks special hits well and heals it off with regenerator. Scald and Expanding Force could be replaced with other coverage or Slack Off, but I found this set to work the best

Hitmontop (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Triple Axel

A dual-priority user, Hitmontop can help kill pesky dark types (especially Weavile). Rapid Spin gives a small amount of hazard control, and Triple Axel can deal some solid damage. It might be worth it to run Triple Kick instead, just to slap around Dark Types a bit more, but I think the extra damage is worth it for Triple Axel. The item could be Leftovers or Heavy Duty Boots, but Assault Vest puts in work.

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Assurance
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Weavile doesn't really fit in well with the rest of the team, but it's a really good pokemon in this meta (in my experience), and can get some surprise K.O.'s. Triple Axel into Assurance deals mad damage, Low Kick helps with Fighting-types, and Ice Shard gives a measure of speed control (outside of Psychic Terrain of course). Weavile works best as a late game cleaner or wallbreaker when you really need something to die, or when you need to reset the pace of battle and need a chance for Slowbro or Lele to get in.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog

Scizor is a fairly simple Tailwind-U Turn mon, setting up a speed boost and then leaving. Bullet Punch can be used as additional priority, U-Turn chunks Bug types surprisingly well, and Defog for hazard control (you rarely click anything except Tail-Turn though).

There seems to be a bug with priority, specifically Prankster

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512549263
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512547220

Here are two replays. In the one where both Thundurus have Defiant, turn order works as it should.
In the one where both have Prankster, turn order gets all screwy.
Agility + Nasty Plot link SHOULD, in this case, make the mon that goes first always go twice in a row with its link, as Speed updates after Agility. But this does not happen.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512557075
Did a quick test with other priority, didn't seem to be an issue.

EDIT:
Shoutout Clefable for doing more research on this!
In their words:
"Priority gets applied twice to the first of the two linked moves, resulting in ordering errors. To prove it, I made a replay where prankster Charm outspeeds Extremesperd (on turn 5):"
and here's the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1510891978
So does this mean that Focus Punch->Endure mean that Focus Punch ends up having +1 Priority?
Well nvm I tested it and it still has -3 priority.

Hey, I hope you don't mind, but I remade your team in a more hyper offensive style, removing the walls and adding more priority and sweep protection: https://pokepast.es/2a4694ef36e04ef7

I kept 3 of the mons and switched 3 of them up. Landorus and Urshifu go together great, with Urshifu being one of the best mons in the meta and Lando handling annoying Electric types. Gyarados was recommended by the other guy so I kept it there too. I changed some items, EVs, and moves that I think improve the team, like putting Rocks on Lando to replace Blissey and Power Whip on Gyara for waters. I also put Taunt on a bunch of mons to pressure mons like Ferrothorn and Unaware Clefable.

Now onto the mons I axed: I thought Buzzwole was too slow, so I replaced it with Rillaboom, which has similar coverage but has priority and gives another switch-in to electric moves. Blissey and Toxapex are too fat for offense, so I replaced them with speedy mons with useful resistances. Jirachi is a Fairy resist and a bit of speed control that cripples walls with Trick. Comfey is a powerful priority user that punishes dragon types and can sweep teams in the endgame. It has nice synergy with Urshifu, since it is walled by steel types but Urshifu demolishes those.

I played the team a bit and thought that Gyarados was a bit redundant with Urshifu -- they're both walled by the same stuff, and they're both physical setup sweepers, so I replaced Gyara with Blacephalon in this version of the team (actually a very similar set to the one posted above): https://pokepast.es/a1dd92004553c412 It's pretty different from the original team though, so use whichever team you like.

I hope you like the changes. Enjoy!
Must admit, Comfey is one good pokemon in the tier. Being able to spam healing with priority is noice, although steel types can wall it as well as tapu lele.

So here is a pretty memeish core that can actually work decently well with the right teammates.

:ss/Gardevoir: :ss/Latios: :ss/Kommo-o:
Gardevoir @ Salac Berry
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power

Latios (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Simple Beam
- Memento

- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum

- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Basically the idea of this core is to use Latios's very underrated access to (Meme)nto, and where usually some would (mostly me) use Reflect/Light Screen, It's even faster to just use Simple Beam into Memento. He has obligatory Draco Meteor to scare off Pokemon like Garchomp that otherwise take advantage of Simple, and can Thunder Wave targets to make sure Gardevoir or Kommo-o can sweep. There is also the surprise factor, as most players will just instantly switch into something like Slowking to minimize Draco Meteor damage.

The important part of this gimmick is letting Gardevoir trace Simple, as basically it's the only Pokemon that can really viable use the ability in single. With Calm Mind and Substitute while facing off against an opponent who has -4 Atk/SpA, you can pretty safely set up, then continue setting up because of Substitute's protection guarding against anything paring multi-hit attacks and duel attack links (and if they are special, Gardevoir basically takes 0 damage from most special attacks. After set up is complete, Gardevoir will ideally be left with +4 SpA, +4 SpD, and +2 Speed while having a sub up. The Speed EVs are there so that Gardevoir is actually slower than most opponents, making it so that Gardevoir replaces the Sub after it's gone, and then is fast enough to outspeed Brokenpult and Zeraora. After set up, you can Drain Kiss to heal off all the damage by Substitute, and a 300 BP Stored Power to sweep. You can use Moonblast over Drain Kiss for more immediate power, but you may be more vulnerable without Drain Kiss's healing.

Lastly, as a counterpart to deal with Rillaboom, Kommo-o has instant +6 Atk and +1 Spe with a pretty good typing that resists tons of priority. Double Priority being the bane of Gardevoir, while Kommo-o can shrug off the priority thanks to its bulk, typing, and having a Sub up usually. In fact, this is just an identical to the Belly Drum set in Gen 7, but with Poison Jab for Unaware Clefable instead of Thunder Punch for Toxapex (which is rare and you can use Gardevoir or weaken it enough to where it'll be forced to Regenerate Health, while its teammates are KO'd left and right). Coincidentally, +1 Kommo-o is just barely fast enough to outspeed Dragapult like Gardevoir can.

This core is fun to use, but does face some issues, namely every team needing to run strong priority, everything being fast, or Unaware Clefable with the Meta basically letting you use Any-Type Max Airstreams, and if a team only has 1, then this core can cheese its way to victory. Thankfully, there are 6 Pokemon on a team, so you can cover up the weaknesses of the core with support Pokemon.

There seems to be a bug with Focus Energy? It causes the mon to target itself with the linked move unlike other self status moves
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512796361-r1p6j0xptolk3b8h5fx9trcwoubp34mpw

Edit:
It seems like Snipe Shot is the issue due to its non-redirectable nature, but is this supposed to happen?

Edit-2:
It seems like Stalwart/Propeller Tail suffer from the same drawbacks as Snipe Shot, but Snipe Shot actually hits the enemy if its the move thats clicked instead of the Status Move
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512810832

Last edited:
There seems to be a bug with Focus Energy? It causes the mon to target itself with the linked move unlike other self status moves
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512796361-r1p6j0xptolk3b8h5fx9trcwoubp34mpw
We did some testing, and the cause of this problem is actually Snipe Shot. Something about its redirection immunity will cause it to hit the user, but only if the user clicks the self-targeting move. If the user clicks Snipe Shot, it hits the enemy like it should.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1512810832

We also tested to see how Snipe Shot interacts with Sleep Talk in regular play, and it doesn't use Sleep Talk's self-targeting as reason to also self-target.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1512813573

I found this guy that used a persian-liepard meme set, I made a different version.
https://pokepast.es/7dcd5005f5802c34
As you expect, Capito and Clapito are the funny bit of the team. They fake out and then zoom with u-turn, repeat with the other guy, and you can kill iany, all you need is stupidity and time. Oh, make sure they aren't ghost type, that would suck, that is how I countered this strat.
Did I say ghosts, Rounded Out is just my Blacephalon from my non-meme team. Nothin special there.
Dozer is an optional sweep and a ghost killer. Also Aromatherapy support.
Speed does screens. Remember, Boh kittehs are below PU, they're garbage. And spins. Hazards are the bane of this strat.
Trader Jack is a secondary sweeper and is good to absorb the first few hits. The spiritual successor to Diggersby on the og team
I need to play more games with this strat. Definitely inconsistent, but interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)