Legen... wait for it, daries (Peaked #5 and climbing)

Hey guys, this is a team I created with some help from a friend. It's proven to be one of, if not the best BW2 OU team I've made. It's a bulky offense team, and it has peaked at #4 and #1 two separate times on the ladder with two different users, and I managed to obtain a 47-7 record with it. It's a ton of fun to use, and is a good example of the hyper offensive nature of Gen 5.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 Atk / 236 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
Kyurem B, what can I say about this guy? He's one of the best attackers and stall breakers in the entire tier. I would even say he's one of the best pokemon in the tier when used correctly. He serves as part of the teams anti-rain duo with celebi, easily setting up subs on common rain pokes like politoed, starmie, rotom w, and celebi. Once opposing scizor and breloom are gone, I usually find myself sweeping late game behind a sub. Not much explanation here, kyurem b is just a monster. Fusion bolt for bulky waters, dragon claw does massive damage to anyone thats not a steel, substitute protects him from status and revenger killers.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Landorus T is a perfect bulky pivot. He's my stealth rock setter, pivot, and fighting type check. The amount of time he spends in battle is ridiculous. He maintains momentum for the team, along with rotom h. Earthquake hits hard without investment, u-turn to scout for switches, and hp ice hits opposing lando and gliscor, and allows him to take on garchomp, dragonite, and salamence with ease.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Toxic
Heatran is part of my anti sun core along with rotom h. He's also serves a good offensive pivot, with his solid attacking stats and bulk. He takes on volcarona without hp ground, venusaur, opposing heatran, and sun teams in general. He threatens out ferrothorn, even in rain, who can be a huge problem in rain for this team. Most of the moves are pretty standard, fire blast is stab, hp ice for dragons, earth power for opposing heatran, toxic for bulky waters.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Celebi is my second rain counter and stall breaker. He takes on rain threats such as keldeo, thundurus t, jellicent, and tentacruel. If I see that the opposing team is all slower than celebi, I can go for the nasty plot sweep. He's a good backup to stall if kyu b goes down. He forms the classic celetran core along with heatran, and together they cover a lot of threats in the ou metagame. He is also a great way of luring scizor and ferrothorn and taking them out with hp fire, which makes kyurem b's life a lot easier. Giga drain is for waters, psychic for tentacruel and toxicroak, hp fire for scizor, ferrothorn, and forretress.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Rotom H is the unsung hero of this team. He seems to be a slightly unorthodox choice for the team, as many of you be wondering why I don't use rotom w. However, he plays so many important roles its not even funny. He forms the voltturn core with landorus t and maintains momentum while gathering entry hazard damage on the opposing team. He's the second part of my anti-sun core with heatran, as he walls volcarona and venusaur to hell and back. He is also one of the greatest scizor checks in the metagame, threatening him with a will o wisp or overheat, while taking his bullet punches and u-turns easily. He also is a fabulous mamoswine counter, who would run through this team without rotom h. The rocks weakness hurts, but even in games where I see rotom h won't be helpful, he serves as great death fodder. In most games though, rotom h is in the thick of the action, and is definitely the workhorse of the team. He deserves way more usage in OU, and although he's very niche, he's absolutely the glue of this team.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
Choice scarf jirachi is the revenge killer of this team. He and heatran together are my way of combatting dragonspam, and he's the ultimate dragon slayer. He is also capable of sweeping late game with iron head if there are no resists left. If i see he'll go down, I can also sacrifice him to slow down a faster threat with body slam, thereby letting another member of my team take him out later in the game. U-turn is a great way to maintain momentum, and makes him part of the voltturning team along with lando t and rotom h. Ice punch is to revenge salamence, dragonite, and garchomp, along with Lati@s.

Threats: The largest threat to this team is probably stealth rock and spikes, with two rocks weak pokes and 4 grounded pokes, hazards dont allow me to voltturn the way I would like to, and they put a timer on a lot of my pokemon. If rotom h is gone, life orb mamoswine absolutely wrecks this team, as his ground ice coverage hits every remaining member at least neutrally. Toxicroak in the rain can really be a problem if he is running the swords dance set, as the three move coverage of ice punch, drain punch, and sucker punch destroys the team. Conkeldurr also gives the team many problems, as its hard to find a good switch in to him. In general, fighting types are the biggest threats to this team, as many of them carry coverage moves to break through landorus t and celebi. Keldeo can also be a huge threat if he is running specs in the rain, as no one on my team can take a specs boosted, rain boosted, stab boosted hydro pump from him. Ferrothorn in rain can also be a problem, as sometimes I lack the firepower to break through him. Heatran is often enough, even in rain, but if he goes down, ferrothorn doesn't have too much trouble walling my team.

This team is one of the most fun teams I've made. I enjoy using it a lot, and it takes a somewhat unorthodox approach to offense, as it is a bulkier offensive team as opposed to fast. Feel free to test it on the PS ladder, and feel free to make suggestions as to what could be changed!

It is pretty apparent from your threat analysis that you spent ample time working and playing with this team. Stall, as you stated, is clearly going to be your biggest weakness.

Generally I'd reccomend giving Jirachi Trick to help break stall. Not only would it make a pokemon almost useless but also give set up opportunities for kyurem-b and celebi. However that won't really stop someone from setting hazards in your face. Therefore, I'd reccomend giving Jirachi Healing Wish over Body Slam. Although this won't stop the hazards it allows you to use Kyurem-B as a battering ram while it stops hazards before they happen. Then you can heal it up after Jirachi has done its job.

Thats really my only suggestion as this team seems very solid. Have you ever tried solar beam sunny day tran that way you can win the weather war once you kill Politoed or Tyranitar. Hope this helped!

Hey Laurel, thanks for the rate! I replaced bodyslam for trick on my scarf Jirachi, and its been doing very solidly. As you said it really helps against stall, and sometimes I have even saved myself from a sweep by tricking onto something like volcarona or cloyster as they boost. I haven't been able to try out healing wish yet, as I'm finding it hard to fit in to his moveset. Which move do you suggest I get rid of? Also, I had never even thought to run trapper heatran, as I always thought of it as designed for sun teams. I tried it out though, and even though I haven't been seeing as many rain teams as expected on the ladder (lots of dragmag and dragspam) in the games that I have played against rain, its worked beautifully.

hey KarateKoala, solid team.

your team seems to have a little trouble handling rain spam. celebi can switch in, but it's not very bulky and it dosen't have reliable recovery. kyu-b loses to probably the most common rain spammer, keldeo, and can be worn down fairly quickly by repeated hydro pumps. the best fix i can see, without messing around with the synergy too much, is to run spdef celebi. changing to the spdef set will allow you to better check rain, as well as being able to avoid being trapped by things like scizor and tyranitar through the use of baton pass. celebi serves as a fairly important part to your team, being pretty much your only reliable check to rain, so losing it to pursuit would not be good.

i also see a large weakness to sub kyu-b, as it can set up on quite a few things such as lando-t, rotom-h and celebi and proceed to do a lot of damage to your team. jirachi is really your only check to it, however it can simply switch out. i'm going to recommend running scarf keldeo > scarf jirachi. scarf keldeo can revenge pretty much everything that jirachi does, as well as relieving the pressure from rotom-h of having to counter volcarona, as, much like you said, rotom-h covers a lot of threats. dragon spam can become a bit more of a problem, but lando-t can generally help with physical dragons, and celebi can simply heal off any damage taken from draco meteor and force the lati@s out.

overall, this team was quite difficult to rate, as removing one member can open up a weakness to something else, although this team is well built and hope i helped!

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain / Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Recover

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Nice team, although like you said, hazards will do a number to it. It's not exactly hard for like Skarmory to get Spikes against you and then you just kill yourself by switching, and obviously having 2 SR weaks doesn't help you either. Another thing that can just run you over is Expert Belt Keldeo. You have 2 Water resists, but one is weak to Fighting which is obviously not good when trying to beat Keldeo, and the other is an offensive Celebi which is going to get mauled by Hidden Power Bug. I think you should try a Starmie over Celebi, as this gives you a spinner which is cool against hazards (obviously), and something that can outspeed Keldeo and take a hit I guess. It does make you weaker to Jellicent though, so you can try Rotom-C over Rotom-H if you make the change and find yourself hating on the jeller.

I'd recommend another set on Kyurem-B which is in my opinion more effective: the Special Sub one. Using Earth Power over Dragon Claw with a spread of 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe Mild greatly improves your coverage, allowing Kyurem to nail some Steel as well as Rotom-W, Bronzong and whatnot thanks to Teravolt. Ice + Ground has ridiculous coverage which is complemented well by Fusion Bolt, while Dragon + Ice is redundant as hell.

Also, if you think you're weak to Toxicroak, try Zen Headbutt over Body Slam on Jirachi, which also gives you a way to revenge kill non Scarf Keldeo.

Hey guys, thanks for all the rates! Sorry I've been busy!

Aura Sensei: As much as I love my nasty plot celebi, after using the specially defensive set you recommended, I've been faring much better against rain. I like it because I realized that the team needed one more defensive pivot, and celebi was being used as an offensive pivot before your suggestion. The one problem I've had is that I lose a lot of power on hp fire, and thus ferrothorn and scizor maul my team slightly easier. As for scarf keldeo, I like him a lot. I realize that keldeo is one of the best mons in the OU metagame, however, i feel as though I'm losing something that I had with scarf jirachi. The steel typing is huge, as I feel as though jirachi can act as both an offensive pivot and a revenger, whereas keldeo is best for simply coming in after losing a pokemon. Overall, I just feel like jirachi has a bit more utility on the team (I mean, who doesn't love an iron head sweep)

Jirachi: Yeah, expert belt keldeo is definitely a problem. Usually I'm just sacking a poke and then bringing in jirachi to just try to iron head spam him to death, but it's not the most efficient strategy. So I did try starmie out over celebi, and although I really liked the ability to spin, the jellicent weakness really hurt. I know it seems a little crazy to not have a spinner when you have a team with so many hazards weak pokemon, but the idea is to keep up enough offensive pressure that the opposing player doesn't have the time to set up hazards. I also feel very much as though starmie often has to choose between getting the spin off and just dying immediately due to its pitiful bulk, or attack and then just get forced out next turn. I am finding it hard to make changes to the team, cause I feel like everytime I just switch something out, I'm just changing what I'm weak to, as opposed to covering more weaknesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)