Legacy Raider's in all the good Warstories

What can I say about this warstory that wasn't said already? Great!

Holy Shit!
What a comeback!
So that's what the 28 hp and 16def are for!
Surviving a T-tar EQ!
You gottta thank whoever made that evs.
Freaking close!!
Best comeback ever!
Thank Chris is Me for that... but it wasn't for surviving unSTABed Earthquakes :-P. Empoleon is naturally bulky enough to survive all unSTABed SE attacks really...

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Empoleon is the shit, straight up. I've used the hell out of SubPetaya Agility Empoleon, and it's pretty much the best striker in the entire game, hands down. Nice to see it in action and put to good use here.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Nice battle and nice warstory. Strange to see no latias in a suspect battle. Empoleon is an excellent switch into latias (I've rarely seen thunderbolt on her), I think that empoleon will see more usage if latias becomes OU.

A pretty interesting battle. I thought that TVboyCanti made a few terrible decisions in the early part of the game, with Tricking Metagross and leaving Zapdos in on Machamp being the worst. That being said, it goes to show you that a weakness to one nasty Pokemon like Empoleon can bring down a whole well-played game. It really is true that Legacy Raider ends up in all the good warstories. And if he does have a fan club, I want to join. :)
I think metagross leads lower my IQ like 30 points, I always misplay against them. As for leaving zapdos in against champ, I didn't really see an alternative, with only heatran, ttar and empoleon left, zapdos seemed to be my best match up. I think everyones noticed that this is a team with pure sweeping in mind and has major defensive pitfalls including 4 ground weaks, 3 fighting weaks with no resistances, etc. This was due in large part to replacing my bulky gyarados with empoleon to test empoleons power, which replaced a fighting and ground resist with a fighting ground weakness. However this team has put me at #39 on the leaderboard so I haven't had much incentive to change it. (edit: now #25)

For those who are wondering how to do the hp bars, I eyeballed the percentages and I used the line tool and fill tool in MSpaint. Over, and over again. I spent an hour making all those pics because I didn't know if people would like the battle or not so I wanted to at least impress with a great format.

I think everyone should start using those damn HP charts. Both stories with them were easier to get into and follow than most. Good stuff.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is pretty much how every battle with Empoleon goes down. Because he's such an awesome low hp "last poke" it also makes warstories more exciting.

Where did you get the HP charts and can I borrow them?

Just amazing how the charts and layout are set. Reading the battle made me feel like I was actually watching the battle as it went on.

I know I commented earlier on this but I wanted to add that I think this warstory is archive material since it is formatted great, well written, and shows off the power of an underrated pokemon in a nail-biting battle. Again, great job TVboyCanti. =)

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For everyone who is asking, the health charts used in this and my warstory were made by hand. The face sprites, for me at least, I got copied onto my computer from http://gallery.gtsplus.net (yanmega example). It's simply a matter of making a table and putting the sprites inside.

And I do agree. After having read TVBoyCanti's amazing warstory, the health table really helps keep the reader stay with the battle.

LR.

EDIT: Bulbagarden is a much better sprite resource than the one I recommended, as they don't mind hotlinking, unlike GTS+ which give you those annoying Pichus.

O sweet, thx for the resources, I am going to do a warstory with HP charts when I get a good battle.

LR, BTW, is your Tar carrying the steel resist berry like in ur previous story?

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While this was indeed a good warstory, I don't really think it was so awesome as to be archive-worthy. An archive-worthy battle should involve exceptional play on both sides, and this battle fell a bit short of that. The formatting is fantastic and the ending is dramatic, but it was not an exceptionally well-played battle. With no offense intended to either player, I feel that the archive should be held to very high standards.

Hey it was Warstoried :D. Watching the two sweeps was amazingly...scary? Yeah...this match was a good one, and one I'm happy to have watched firsthand. If I didn't say it then, both of you very well-played match. Great match to watch, and I am now tempted to swap my LO Agility Pwnguin for a SubPetaya....

While this was indeed a good warstory, I don't really think it was so awesome as to be archive-worthy. An archive-worthy battle should involve exceptional play on both sides, and this battle fell a bit short of that. The formatting is fantastic and the ending is dramatic, but it was not an exceptionally well-played battle. With no offense intended to either player, I feel that the archive should be held to very high standards.
I agree with this, I really don't feel I played well enough for this to be put in the archives. This was just a chance to show off my formatting.

Thank Chris is Me for that... but it wasn't for surviving unSTABed Earthquakes :-P. Empoleon is naturally bulky enough to survive all unSTABed SE attacks really...
Something thats been bothering me though is that Empoleon took 95% from Earthquake when it should have only taken max 92%. Anybody know how that happened? 95 instead of 92 means that if I hadn't kept rocks off the field empoleon would have died and I wouldn't have even bothered posting this warstory.

Hempoleon: Another one of life's great inventions.

Amazing warstory, my first shoddy team had an Empy that saved my ass more than once.

Excellent warstory :)

[offtopic]Where can I get those pictures that show your and the opponent's
teams' HPs?[/offtopic]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)