League Naming Thread

I'll start off by giving you the name I picked for my League in Denver. I call the league the Spartans because we've played other leagues and we've shown zero mercy and we always shout one line from 300 before a tourney begins, "THIS IS SPARTA!!!" We tend to frighten a few young players, but it's how other leagues in Colorado know us and how some parents and judges are cautious when near us. During intermission, we help each other improve by telling each other the highlights of our matches what went right and what didn't. From this, we become stronger and more ruthless opponents. This is what spartans did back in the day, and it's how 4 of the 23 players in the league have went on into the State Champs (one's even gone further to the World Champs). We trust each other's judgement and, just like the spartans (minus the "serve until you perish" mentality), we were spartans for life even if we went our separate ways.

there's a few leagues around here but they're just named after their locations (eg, pokemon southaven, pokemon oxford, pokemon memphis, etc). it is kinda cool that your league has a name like that, but this topic doesn't really lend itself to discussion.

e: and its good to see grassroots league players post here, though we really don't play the tcg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)