LCPL 5 Discussion

How about we split the difference and just make it bo5? Okay? Is everyone happy with this arrangement? Cool, looks like we have an agreement.

Anyway, I personally would like bo3 because I like watching games -the more the better, and because Pokemon is only 50% skill anyway. I can understand why players don't want to have to build so many teams though (how many is it if they make it to the finals?)

Also, I'd like to point out (if no-one else has, I might have missed it) that an important reason why RBY is bo3 is because it's extremely formulaic- you can easily just make a heap of teams based around three or more of the "big four" (Exeggutor, Tauros, Snorlax, and Chansey) meaning that it's a lot less difficult making so many teams.

Also, where is the betting pool? Smogon could stand to make some money off of this :P

Another day, another mock draft.

Squirtle Squad: [Money: 0 | Bidders: op] Players: thetalkingtree, qsns, praj.pran, 49, Pearl, Cased, ZoroDark, Quaggster, Vileman, confide, Star.

Naughty Noibats: [Money: 0 | Bidders: nineage] Players: Kumiho, FLCL, TUO, Vubon, Rumor, ggggd, Sken, fitzy72, Sweep, ThatCrazyRussian, thecrystalonix, antemortem

Salty Seels: [Money: 0 | Bidders: sparktrain] Players: Heysup, Tricking, rssp1, majaspic22, apt-get, The Avalanches, Quote, H&MBerkeley, Pikasohn, snake_rattler

Charming Croagunks: [Money: 500 | Bidders: coconut] Players: sparktrain, Tahu, CrashinBoomBang, Raseri, fatty, atomicllamas, Fiend, blarajan

Really Rad Rufflets: [Money: 0 | Bidders: rssp1] Players: Dundies, trash, Imanalt, GOAO, Nineage, tazz, Shrug, Nudisto, Merritt, Aerow, The Goomy, Cheek Pouch, Spl4sh

ORAS: Heysup
TangMa: The Avalanches
BW: majaspic22
DPP: snake_rattler

Last edited:
Everyone wish Adam Frog Macle a happy 24th birthday in this thread!! ✔
  • Also name one present you promise to give him:
  • I promise to give him the most prestigious present: of myself as the top lcpl player
#lcpl4dayshype

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
if I recall, I think this is the first LCPL without Krow in BW (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm interested in seeing how its removal will pan out. Regardless of if I'm correct, I've seen offensive Vullaby and teams forgoing dark checks in general on teams, making the ever potent scraggy looking that much more dangerous. As far as DPP goes, I'm seeing a fair amount of weather teams in the test battles I've played/spectators, and whether that's a new trend or not going into LCPL will be left up in the air. These weather teams speed up the already fast nature of the games so maybe it would be cool to see bo3 DPP but idc either way. DPP players might have to prep teams that can deal with the insane offense that rain and sun teams can provide.

Last edited:
dear macle,

greetings and salutations!

sorry to bother you on this most holy of days.

i wanted to pick your brains about the turtle frog, myobatrachus gouldii.

i know that turtle frogs are VERY interesting, for example they do not go through a tadpole stage but rather emerge from eggs as little baby frogs.

personally, turtle frogs are one of my top five frogs.

i wanted to know what you thought about turtle frogs. do you know any more interesting tidbits? how much do you like them? will there ever be a post on the frog blog about them?

thanks for your time,

Infamy

p.s. i hope your birthday is great! birthdays should always be lots of fun! my birthday is in two months n_n i am very excited. i think i will ask for a blueray player so i can watch newer movies. right now i only have a dvd player and i feel like they will be totally obsolete in a couple years so i want a blueray player. have a wonderful day!

p.p.s. how did you become interested in frogs? i think frogs are pretty great, but i can not seem to find any good introductory literature to frogs in general. i can not even find many good introductory books to herpetology! do you have any recommendations?

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
FINAL MOCK DRAFT:
LOS VILEMANS: [Money: 0 | Bidders: goao, quote] Players: Tahu, teal6, Star., fatty, idiotfrommars, lighthouses, ThatCrazyRussian, confide Happiny Haxers: [Money: 30500 | Bidders: ggggd] Players: apt-get, sparktrain, Vubon, Kumiho, Cheek Pouch, Alice Kazumi, Vileman, tazz, Dundies, Spl4sh, Merritt Quixotic Quotes: [Money: 0 | Bidders: merritty] Players: Heysup, Fiend, Joltage, Arifeen, v, unfixable, Quote, praj.pran, GOAO, The Avalanches Scintillating Staryus: [Money: 500 | Bidders: starmaster] Players: CrashinBoomBang, Sken, Teddeh, ZoroDark, majaspic22, Nineage, atomicllamas, Pearl, fapkingg Lit Like Litwicks: [Money: 0 | Bidders: laxuy] Players: thecrystalonix, trash, Raseri, p2, Aerow, Brazilian Army, Shrug, Shaneghoul, PURPLEDOOSH, TheFenderStory, Eniigma, Krubby, Tomahawk, Shiba, RZL Naughty Noibats: [Money: 0 | Bidders: nineage] Players: rssp1, TUO, blarajan, Imanalt, FLCL, fitzy72, 49, H&MBerkeley, ggggd

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
FINAL MOCK DRAFT:
LOS VILEMANS: [Money: 0 | Bidders: goao, quote] Players: Tahu, teal6, Star., fatty, idiotfrommars, lighthouses, ThatCrazyRussian, confide Happiny Haxers: [Money: 30500 | Bidders: ggggd] Players: apt-get, sparktrain, Vubon, Kumiho, Cheek Pouch, Alice Kazumi, Vileman, tazz, Dundies, Spl4sh, Merritt Quixotic Quotes: [Money: 0 | Bidders: merritty] Players: Heysup, Fiend, Joltage, Arifeen, v, unfixable, Quote, praj.pran, GOAO, The Avalanches Scintillating Staryus: [Money: 500 | Bidders: starmaster] Players: CrashinBoomBang, Sken, Teddeh, ZoroDark, majaspic22, Nineage, atomicllamas, Pearl, fapkingg Lit Like Litwicks: [Money: 0 | Bidders: laxuy] Players: thecrystalonix, trash, Raseri, p2, Aerow, Brazilian Army, Shrug, Shaneghoul, PURPLEDOOSH, TheFenderStory, Eniigma, Krubby, Tomahawk, Shiba, RZL Naughty Noibats: [Money: 0 | Bidders: nineage] Players: rssp1, TUO, blarajan, Imanalt, FLCL, fitzy72, 49, H&MBerkeley, ggggd
I landed zoro sken so p much an autowin peace

If anyone wants to spend close to nothing on a man with very strange teams, remember my name, haha.

I also provide comedic relief.

This whole post violates my policy of not begging like a little bitch, but I'll make it anyway haha.

>undrafted scrub in most mock drafts
>19.5k superstar in real draft

wtf??!?!?!?!? you people are bipolar.
dear Sweep,

greatings and salutations!

i would like to request that you do not be trivializing mental illness.

one of my friends was recently diagnosing with shitzophrenia and now he think i am trying to murderer him

it is very sad

thanks,

Infamy

p.s. i think your team is very poopy (no offense)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)