LCPL 5 Discussion

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LCPL 5 WEEKLY STATISTICAL ANALYSIS
+ General Information Thread
+ LCPL 5 Replays & Records
+ LCPL 5 Usage Stats

Week Three

Best Value Player Week Three: Corporal Levi - Massive Stat-Boost Munnas
Honorable Mentions: Steve Angello (Remoraiders) / Soldier (Squirtles) / tazz (Squirtles)

In a week where plenty of low-cost players had surprising wins, the Best Value Player happens to be a player who cost nothing at the draft! Since Corporal Levi manages the Massive Stat-Boost Munnas, his team essentially got a free win this week! If we discount managers from the equation, the impressive wins from 3k players Steve Angello, Soldier, and tazz come out as the best value! Hopefully this excellent play continues!

Best Value Player Overall: CrashinBoomBang - The Remoraiders
In The Running: ggggd (Tirtougas) / Kushalos (Noibats)

In terms of analysis, the Best Value Player Overall is the least expensive player with the best record. In essence, who can bring in the most wins for the lowest price? As of Week Three, CrashinBoomBang has won three and lost none—all for the excellent price of 6k. If we evaluate draft prices from a price-per-win standpoint, The Remoraiders have only had to pay 2k per win from CBB, which is a thoroughly excellent value! ggggd of the Tirtougas and Kushalos of the Noibats are close behind, as they both hold three wins for only 0.5k more each than CBB. These users have been consistent so far, as I literally only changed the week number throughout this paragraph!

Honorable mentions go to each of the other, more expensive users who have pulled out wins each week going into the midseason, namely: tcr (Mambos) / ZoroarkForever (Munnas) / mad0ka (Subterfuge). Keep up the excellent play!
-
-

Biggest Price Based Upset: Steve Angello vs Confide [replay]
Honorable Mentions: tazz vs Star. [replay]

Folks, we've finally figured out Confide's weakness, and it's not what you'd expect. Toppling the titan seems to be best left up to minimum value players, as showcased in this week's Biggest Price Based Upset, wherein 3k Steve Angello took out the 30k All-Star that is Confide. A similar proposition could be made about Star., who met his match in rusty veteran player tazz this week. Regardless, the week was an excellent showing from low value players, and these two in particular definitely rose to the occasion.
-
-

Best Value Lineup: Snivy Subterfuge - 10.6k per Win (kpW)
Honorable Mentions: Massive Stat-Boost Munnas (16.375kpW)

The Best Value Lineup is calculated by totaling the amount a manager spent on their lineup and dividing it by the number of wins the team obtained in the week to obtain the team's kpW value for the week; the team with the lowest kpW value spent the least per win and therefore has the best value overall. With an unprecedented 10.6kpW rate and a ridiculous +4 win differential, the Snivy Subterfuge are clear choices for the Best Value Lineup of Week One! Excellent managing, Jac!

-------------------------------------------​

That concludes the LCPL 5 WEEKLY STATISTICAL ANALYSIS. As it is derived from objective stats such as player prices and win counts, this analysis cannot accurately assess a player's true value to his team as measured by outside factors such as team chemistry. It really doesn't mean that much, I just like stats!

What did you think of the results? Feel free to submit more categories for analysis, vent your frustration, cheer on other players, and so on and so forth! And don't forget to tune in some time soon for the Week Four LCPL 5 WEEKLY STATISTICAL ANALYSIS!

Last edited:

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My favourite anime is Zoey 101 and I want everybody to know it. If you guys haven't watched it I highly recommend you to do it because it's hilarious.

click on the image for zoom orgasm

Thanks for your attention.

GOAO

Banned deucer.
i like zoey's brother. i think he makes the anime a bit more "light" for the kids like me, I also really like 2nd season, u guys should watch,

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LCPL 5 WEEKLY STATISTICAL ANALYSIS
+ General Information Thread
+ LCPL 5 Replays & Records
+ LCPL 5 Usage Stats

Week Four

Best Value Players Week Four: p2 - Los Mambos AND AM - Squirtle Squad AND Artemisa - Teenage Mutant Ninja Tirtougas
Honorable Mentions: slurmz (Subterfuge) / Pikasohn (Tirtougas)

In the week following midseason, three players making their LCPL 5 showed up to play! 3k midseason pickups p2, AM, and Artemisa all pulled out wins this week, an excellent showing! slurmz and Pikasohn are also 3k players and also managed to scrap out wins this week, but they've had the chance to interact with their team before this week, making the wins from the midseason pickups just slightly more impressive. Great job!

Best Value Player Overall: tcr - Los Mambos
In The Running: ZoroarkForever (Munnas)

It's another week, another win for the Mambos' star player tcr! tcr has being going off in his resident BW2 LC tier, as he's been undefeated through Week Four! At a mere 14k, it looks like Los Mambos got a real steal with this one! Fellow BW2 LCer ZoroarkForever is also sitting pretty at 4-0, but his higher price tag makes him slightly less of a good deal. Of course, it surely can't be said that either manager is dissatisfied with their players! Well done you two!
-
-

Biggest Price Based Upset: Sweep vs Pikasohn [replay]
Honorable Mentions: TUO vs Artemisa [replay]

It was truly an upset match; upsetting to watch, upsetting to rewatch, and certainly upsetting to play for Sweep. 3k Pikasohn managed to pull a win out from under 19.5k Sweep in what was definitely not the cleanest game ever played. However, we still have to hand it to Pikasohn; however they did it, they swept Sweep under the rug! What a match!
-
-

Best Value Lineup: Massive Stat-Boost Munnas - 17.5k per Win (kpW)
Honorable Mentions: Snivy Subterfuge (17.875kpW)

The Best Value Lineup is calculated by totaling the amount a manager spent on their lineup and dividing it by the number of wins the team obtained in the week to obtain the team's kpW value for the week; the team with the lowest kpW value spent the least per win and therefore has the best value overall. With a solid 17.5k per Win rate and a ridiculous +4 win differential, the Massive Stat-Boost Munnas made a convincing case for the Best Value Lineup of Week Four! Excellent managing, Corporal Levi!

-------------------------------------------​

That concludes the LCPL 5 WEEKLY STATISTICAL ANALYSIS. As it is derived from objective stats such as player prices and win counts, this analysis cannot accurately assess a player's true value to his team as measured by outside factors such as team chemistry. It really doesn't mean that much, I just like stats!

What did you think of the results? Feel free to submit more categories for analysis, vent your frustration, cheer on other players, and so on and so forth! And don't forget to tune in some time soon for the Week Four LCPL 5 WEEKLY STATISTICAL ANALYSIS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)